Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians (22638 Views)

Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians / N’delta Will Resist Buhari’s Attempt To Intimidate CJN Onnoghen – Clark / "I Am In Difficult Situation Over Appointment" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by engineerboat(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:
@ Tonye please remember to break it to each geo political zone

Not lumps everything as north

We should also be matured in our analysis

Maybe you dont read am well

Here it is

1. Just Defence

Buhari appointed General Babagana Monguno from the Northeast as National Security Adviser (NSA), ..... NE

Tukur Buratai from Northeast as Chief of Army Staff ..... NE

Sadiq Abubakar as Chief of Air Staff... NE

BUHARI as Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, North West.

Dan Ali from the Northwest (Kano) as minister of Defence, ...NW

Monday Morgan from Northcentral as Chief Defence Intelligence ...... NC

Brigadier-General Musa Yusuf as Commander Brigade of Guard.

In fact, he left NOTHING for the Southeast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by sarrki(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
tutudesz:

Ike Ekweremmadu people should defend. Just answer my question, Is Buhari Appointment one sided? Yes or No

Very much in line

Bring that of PDP I mean during Gej for comparison

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
Clerverly:
What Improvement Has Appointment Made To The Lives Of The People, Aside The Lining The Pocket Of The Beneficiaries?

Okay, Jonathan Was A "Fair" President, He Appointed Igbos To The "First Class" Posts, Secretary To The FG etc But Did The Appointment Construct The 2nd Niger Bridge? Did Anyim Cause the construction of Enugu-Portharcourt Express?

Jonathan Was The President For 6 Years, Did He Construct East West Road?

Northerners Have Ruled For Almost 24 Years, Did it end poverty in the North?

You guys should come off this petty fight for all these foolish and selfish politicians...they are fighting for their pocket while using you as pawns..
Bro, NOBODY is fighting for any politician. I am not and will never fight for any politician but we have to talk for the sake of national unity and tranquility.

It's better to be fair and when the person fail you change with someone from the axis, than just ignore people from a particular axis.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by cosby02(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
He did not appoint igbos. Even the people he now appointed are grossly incompetent.[/quote]
Funny funny...fault finders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Clerverly:
What Improvement Has Appointment Made To The Lives Of The People, Aside The Lining The Pocket Of The Beneficiaries?

Okay, Jonathan Was A "Fair" President, He Appointed Igbos To The "First Class" Posts, Secretary To The FG etc But Did The Appointment Construct The 2nd Niger Bridge? Did Anyim Cause the construction of Enugu-Portharcourt Express?

You guys should come off this petty fight for all these foolish and selfish politicians...they are fighting for their pocket while using you as pawns..

The journey to neo colonialism is unfolding
After the British colonised Nigeria, are you saying the hausafulani should also be our imperial masters?
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by Bolustical: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by engineerboat(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jibril659:
Jibril* tonye chameleon.

Is the analysis right or wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by sdindan: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
Clerverly:

I thought u voted ur ancestor to right the wrongs Of Jonathan.

Why then following Jonathans footsteps?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by engineerboat(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

Very much in line

Its left to you to bring it on, not the other eay round

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
cosby02:

your argument is based on your sentiments and moralty...has he breached the constitution?
Is anybody calling for his impeachment despite the breach of federal character? NO!

Is he by is action uniting or dividing the country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by pryme(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
Clerverly:

well said Sir, well said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by tutudesz: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
cosby02:

please what's key positions according to the Constitution. Are we governed by what you think or the constitution?
So because the Constitution doesn't say so he should appoint most of the security Chife from the North? OK! Morally is the President appointment right? Forget about the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by tutudesz: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

Very much in line
OK! but always remember, others are watching.
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

Very much in line

You are funny...

Under Jonathan...

Minister of Petroleum... Diezani Madueke

NNPC GMD... Yakubu (Kaduna NW)

Minister of Interior... Abba Moro (NC

IGP... Abubakar Rigim, MD Abubakar, one other northern guy before he brought Solomon Arase (April 2015)

Custom CG... That Kaduna guy

His Defence Minister, NSA, Justice Minister, EFCC were all Northerners

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
pryme:

What is well said?
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by tiwiex(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:
@ Tonye please remember to break it to each geo political zone

Not lumps everything as north

We should also be matured in our analysis

I did just that. Separated by zones. He seemed very conscious of that. It even made it look less lopsided than if he had lumped it. If he did lump it. Interior ministry will be North 5 - South 0. Defence will slightly do better. But I did have a discussion with my friend this morning on the inequity of the weight of each positions. MD and Manager for bank no be the same thing na. Adding SAs into the listed is quite mischievous. Also, for them to spend so much time digging through the appointments to convince Nigerians it is not lopsided tells a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
pryme:

What is well said?
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by doctokwus: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Was doing my own analysis and research on the appointees and stopped when in the middle of the highlighted red names,I made a discovery that further showed how these clowns are unrepentant liars,propagandists based on lies and devilish:
3 of the names (without going through the full list) were appointees of Osinbajo when he was acting president!
I didnt want to bring it up because I want the Buhari a ss lickers to continue enjoying the impression they have deceived nitwits like themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by cosby02(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Is anybody calling for his impeachment despite the breach of federal character? NO!

Is he by is action uniting or dividing the country?
Nigeria is governed by the 1999 constitution and not what you define as unity of Nigeria. Meanwhile, it will be wrong to think Buhari will satisfy all zones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by tiwiex(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
pryme:

Not well said bro. I understand your point but that is political naivetie and it affects all of us including me. Not well said again.
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by sarrki(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
tiwiex:

I did just that. Separated by zones. He seemed very conscious of that. It even made it look less lopsided than if he had lumped it. If he did lump it. Interior ministry will be North 5 - South 0. Defence will slightly do better. But I did have a discussion with my friend this morning on the inequity of the weight of each positions. MD and Manager for bank no be the same thing na. Adding SAs into the listed is quite mischievous. Also, for them to spend so much time digging through the appointments to convince Nigerians it is not lopsided tells a lot.

Shows how transparent the presidency wants Nigerians to see things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
tiwiex:

If only Buhari a5s lickers can tell him the truth.

I know Sarrki is a Yorubaman but trust me NO NORTHERN person will defend the President if it were to be the other way

1 Like

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by cosby02(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
tutudesz:

So because the Constitution doesn't say so he should appoint most of the security Chife from the North? OK! Morally is the President appointment right? Forget about the constitution.
I maintain my point...Nigeria isnt governed by what you feel is wrong or right. The best you can do is to wait for your turn and pack your people there too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
cosby02:

Nigeria is governed by the 1999 constitution and not what you define as unity of Nigeria. Meanwhile, it will be wrong to think Buhari will satisfy all zones.
And the same 1999 Constitution established Federal Character Commission to checkmate acts of sectionalism.

The Presidency is simply unpatriotic and the supporters are synonymous to Hitler's supporters.

1 Like

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by oladeebo: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

On November 4, 2017 the Presidency released names of 157 (wrongly calculated 159) political appointees appointed by the President with aim of dispelling a previous report that 80% appointees are from the Northern part of the country. 

After going through the list I realise that the aim of Mr Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser (media) that released the list was not to inform but to deceive and manipulate the minds of many Nigerians into believing that the government is non sectional. This writeup is meant to bring to fore the hidden fact about the sectionalism of President Muhammadu Buhari led government.

QUALITY VS QUANTITY:
Every exposed mind know that the President of the United States of America, President of Russia Federation, Chancellor of Germany, Prime Minister of Britain, President of France and even Prime Minister of Canada  are never considered as equivalent or equal to a President of any African country (Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa etc), South and Central America countries or Eastern European countries, though they are all Presidents/Head of Governments of sovereign countries. In fact, this classification is evident in the 15 member United Nations Security Council UNSC, where 5 Permanent members (United States of America, Russia, China, France and United Kingdom) have the final say in ANY resolution that affects the body over the other 10 members (temporary). The UNSC is the most powerful organ of the United Nations.

Similarly, in Nigeria's public service, not all ministries, departments and agencies are considered 'equal' or equivalent. The ministers of Defence, Interior, Works/Power/Housing, Justice/AGF and Petroleum resources are not in the same class with ministers of Trade/Investment, Science/Technology, Sport/Youth development, Tourism and Women Affairs, though all are 'ministers' in the cabinet. This is same way the Group Managing Director of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) cannot be said to be in same class with someone in charge of Nigeria  Christian Pilgrimage Board. 

What is traditional in Nigeria is that QUALITY is factored when fairness in appointment is analysed over QUANTITY (just like in anywhere else).

In fact, I remember in February 2010 when the newly appointed acting President Goodluck Jonathan tookover, he "demoted" the then Attorney General/Minister of Justice Michael Aaondooka to Minister of Special duties, and "upgraded" Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke from Transport minister to Petroleum Minister. Only the insincere minds will disagree with me on this.

FACT ON BUHARI'S SECTIONAL APPOINTMENTS
When some of us accuse the President of being sectional in his appointment, we are simply saying the President only appoint his kinsmen in KEY/INFLUENTIAL/QUALITY positions to dominate key sectors without recourse to the Federal Character Commission. In fact, even the Federal Character Commission has no federal character- else how would a President from the Northwest appoint Alhaji Shettima Abba and Mohammed Tukur from Northeast as Chairman and Secretary of FCC respectively?

A look at the Presidency shows clear act of ethnic/regional supremacism of the President. Apart from Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is from the Southwest and was elected alongside Buhari, the other TWO top positions are occupied by the Northeast. I mean the influential office of Chief of Staff that is occupied by Abba Kyari and Secretary to the Government of the Federation occupied by Mustapha Boss, both of the Northeast.

In the Defence/Military sector, the only positions given the south are the ceremonial Chief of Defence Staff (Abayomi Olonisakin from the Southwest) and Chief of Naval Staff (SouthSouth).  The others were given to the North.

Buhari appointed General Babagana Monguno from the Northeast as National Security Adviser (NSA), Tukur Buratai from Northeast as Chief of Army Staff and Sadiq Abubakar from the same Northeast as Chief of Air Staff. This is in addition to himself from Northwest as Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Dan Ali from the Northwest (Kano) as minister of Defence, Monday Morgan from Northcentral as Chief Defence Intelligence and Brigadier-General Musa Yusuf as Commander Brigade of Guard. In fact, he left NOTHING for the Southeast. If this isn't lopsided then someone need to enrol for English class.

In the internal security, the President was more brutal in his lopsidedness than he was in the Defence. 

The Interior Minister, who's the boss of all is Dr. Abdulrahman Dambazzau from Northwest, the Inspector General of Police is Ibrahim Idris from Niger state (North central), the Comptroller-General of Prison is Ahmed Jafaru from Kebbi (Northwest), Immigration is Mohammed Babadende from Jigawa (Northwest) and Abdullahi Muhammadu from North central heads Civil Defence. No paramilitary agency under the Interior is headed by a non-northerner.

Despite the above, Buhari still appointed Northerners as EFCC Boss (Ibrahim Magu from Northeast), DSS Boss (Lawal Daura from Katsina Northwest) and Custom Boss (Hameed Ali from Northwest).

Furthermore, Buhari craftily ensured  that the Petroleum sector, which is Nigeria main revenue sector is in the grip of the North. This he did by appointing himself from the Northwest as Honourable Minister and Maikanti Baru from Northeast as GMD. He trickishly gave Dr Ibe Kachukwu from SouthSouth the position of minister of state, an office everyone know is synonymous to minister without portfolio.

Even within the NNPC there are 7 Chief operating Officers, and of the 7, Northwest occupies 3, northcentral 1, while the southwest,southeast and SouthSouth have 1 each. Despite this, he still appointed Bello Gusau from North central as Executive Secretary PTDF, Isiaka Abdulrasak from North central as Chief Financial officer of NNPC and Modicai Ladan from same North central as Director, Department for Petroleum Resources. I dare not forget that the Head of Petroleum Product Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) is Abdukkadir Umar.

In FAAN, Baba Appointed Saleh Danjuma from Northeast Managing director/CEO and still appointed 3 Executive Directors from Northwest alone while the Southwest, Southeast and SouthSouth have 1 ED each.

I am certain that readers will be bored if I am to write extensively on the lopsidedness in appointment in all KEY sectors of the country.

I find it absurd that Femi Adesina will lump every appointees into one as if they are of same worth, influence, value and weight. If not to deceive how would Mr Femi lump the appointment of National Security Adviser, SGF, Chief of Staff, COAS with Registrar CAC, Senior Special Assistant (Diaspora), Senior Special Assistant (National Assembly), SA Economy, MD BOA into one category?

I am ending this piece by calling on the president to take a cue from the late Umaru Musa Yar'adua, his kinsman from the same Katsina state who never allowed tribal and religious affiliation overshadow his sense of judgement. If he feels too big to learn from Yar'adua, then he should learn from the late nationalist Aminu Kano. 

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Inioribo Tamunotonye
National Coordinator,
Peoples Democratic Party National Youth League (PDPNYL)

Although I may not blame tonye much on this write-up because he is now a politician in active politic coordinated an opposition party, it's hard or impossible to make pig-grunting out from opposition of any action taken by the ruling party.
But tonye need to be fair to Buhari and his own dignity and the party he is coordinating.
why?
I didn't knew when Quality and Quantity enter into Nigeria constitution for clarification of Nigeria minister and government nominee!
Tonye and his party must take note may be they may rule Nigeria one day, to be sincere to every state of the federation that every state deserve Quality minister and no one deserve Quantity as each state constitutional right to one minister each.
Also Tonye and his party must apologize to the office of the Chief of Defense staff he turned to [the ceremonial Chief of Defence Staff]
Tonye must bear it in mind that politic is wine or drug taken it in excessive may be dangerous, take it in normal dose!
oladeebo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by sarrki(m): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

If only Buhari a5s lickers can tell him the truth.

I know Sarrki is a Yorubaman but trust me NO NORTHERN person will defend the President if it were to be the other way

He can't satisfy all boss

He can't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

Ike Ekweremmadu from Enugu State is the Chairman of constitutional amendment committee for the past 10 years till date yet he couldn't lobby his members to include Referendum in the constitution.
Emeka Ihedioha from Imo State was the Co-Chairman of constitutional amendment committee yet he couldn't lobby his members to include Referendum.
Morons making excuses for them will foolishly tell you that Hausa-Fulani did not support them yet:
Ihedioha manipulated his ruling party PDP and conspired with opposition ACN to become deputy speaker to Hausa man
Ike Ekweremmadu manipulated the ruling APC and conspired with some northerners to become the Deputy Senate President.
Maybe Ndigbo know how to lobby Hausa Fulani when it comes to personal and selfish interest but will label them unapproachable when it comes to our collective interest.
Solution to your problem is within you. Keep blaming every other tribes for your problems and exonerate the crooks you elected to represent you.

Damn you didn't even answer the question, instead you pressed hard on hyper hatred Nitro button.

2 Likes

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by sarrki(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

And the same 1999 Constitution established Federal Character Commission to checkmate acts of sectionalism.

The Presidency is simply unpatriotic and the supporters are synonymous to Hitler's supporters.

Mr president is the most patriotic Nigeria president ever liveth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by cosby02(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

very good you can identify Federal Character established under the provision of 1999 constitution (as ammended).
Try and identify if his appointments has breached any of the provisions, then you come back for talks.
For record purposes, am not his supporter and i dont intend to become one anytime soon, am only telling you Buhari isnt president inorder to satisfy your whims and caprices.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by FarahAideed: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
This was the reason I considered the Femi Adesinas list as dubious and fake from the onset, anyone that does not know that Buhari is a legendary bigot who trades only in nepotism, sectarianism and violence. Buhari can never be fair

1 Like

Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by tutudesz: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
cosby02:

I maintain my point...Nigeria isnt governed by what you feel is wrong or right. The best you can do is to wait for your turn and pack your people there too.
According to you the constitution permits me to appoint my people everywhere, but does that make is right?
Re: Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
oladeebo:

Although I may not blame tonye much on this write-up because he is now a politician in active politic coordinated an opposition party, it's hard or impossible to make pig-grunting out from opposition of any action taken by the ruling party.
But tonye need to be fair to Buhari and his own dignity and the party he is coordinating.
why?
I didn't knew when Quality and Quantity enter into Nigeria constitution for clarification of Nigeria minister and government nominee!
Tonye and his party must take note may be they may rule Nigeria one day, to be sincere to every state of the federation that every state deserve Quality minister and no one deserve Quantity as each state constitutional right to one minister each.
Also Tonye and his party must apologize to the office of the Chief of Defense staff he turned to [the ceremonial Chief of Defence Staff]
Tonye must bear it in mind that politic is wine or drug taken it in excessive may be dangerous, take it in normal dose!
oladeebo.
OGA, YOU AND I know that the office CHief of Defence Staff carries BIG name, he gets salutes but in terms of influence he doesn't when compared to COAS, who has direct control of the Army, report to the C-in-C and is a member of Security Council like CDS.

In fact, the office was created by General Yakubu Gowon to ease out General Alani Akirinade the COAS so as to bring his own man when he saw that the then COAS was becoming a threat. Just like Kachukwu felt when he was "promoted" to HMOS for Petroleum, Alani assumed he was being upgraded only to realise what hit him after assuming office. That's a topic for another day anyway...

Why did Yoruba complain of lack of "representation" in GEJ's government? Was it not because they felt that they weren't given enough Quality MDAs? Beside, everybody knows that a VC in University of Maiduguri or UniOsun is not in same class with the VC of ABU, OAU or Unilag despite all being VCs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-Kano Deputy Governor, Other Top Kwankwaso Loyalists Rejoin APC / Obidents & ADC Supporters Hold Joint Rally For Peter Obi In Cross Rivers / Kassim And Aliyu: Abiola's Sons Sue Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.