Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,330 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? (732 Views)

How A Banker Wife Got Divorced By Her Husband Over A Rape Incident / Ever Had To Face A Rape Allegation? / A Rape advocate's outrage at opinions on sexual consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
hello nairalanders. what words of comfort can you give a rape victim. how can they be rehabilitated so they dont suffer emotional breakdown? i know of several cases around me. please what do you think i can say or do to ease their pain. thank you.
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by donstan18: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Yeah know many cases around you?

The weight and gravity of a rape that befell a lady determines how quick she can ease her pain and forget.... Console her and take her to hospital if you care much for her emotional trauma!!.... Thou, it's rare to see a lady that can easily forget or ease the pains that follows such trauma!

But, if a guy gets raped by a lady.... Just ask him.. "How was it?"... or possibly take him to hospital if he isn't drilled and carried!... (If you know what I mean)

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by sinaj(f): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
You cant ease their pain.

Let her join group counselling nd meet other victims that have gone through the same thing nd learn how to overcome hers from them.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Cholls(m): 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
my brother say simply say 'Eiyah'
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
sinaj:
You cant ease their pain.

Let her join group counselling nd meet other victims that have gone through the same thing nd learn how to overcome hers from them.
will that really help?
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Cholls:
my brother say simply say 'Eiyah'
you would say that if it was your sister?

ok
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by sinaj(f): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
stopthecycle:
will that really help?
sure.
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
sinaj:
sure.
thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Cholls(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
stopthecycle:
you would say that if it was your sister?

ok
my brother bloda na joki o
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by ArchangeLucifer: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
You must be a serial rapist to have so many victims around you.

By the way, you haven't told us if its female or male victims.

Gays rape buttholes too.
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
It's difficult.. the trauma that follows ehn.. just be there for them and make sure he/she goes for counselling

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by chynie: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Several rape victims around you please what's the name of your area
And you know them all, baba for the rape victims
Anyways don't say anything about it to them
But let them know your stand against rape
Sooner or later when they trust you
They will open up to you
To be emotional is up to them only
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
Cholls:
my brother bloda na joki o
ok oh. i fear before
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by ipobarecriminals: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
Suicide doesn't solve anything. Just tell her to forget. and move on.May God comfort her

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by NightHound(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
Being raped is a very traumatic experience, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Survivors of rape should have immediate access to professional counseling. Considering how sensitive the issue is, you may not be equipped to offer the right words.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Lalas247(f): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
Absolutely nothing you can say than

Be there and comforting ... advice to seek professional help, counselling etc

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
chynie:
Several rape victims around you please what's the name of your area
And you know them all, baba for the rape victims
Anyways don't say anything about it to them
But let them know your stand against rape
Sooner or later when they trust you
They will open up to you
To be emotional is up to them only
i said several not many and no. i dont know them all. im asking so i could learn how to better help the ones i know. it would durprise you how rampant rape is in our society today
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lalas247:
Absolutely nothing you can say than
Be there and comforting ... advice to seek professional help, counselling etc
thank you
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
NightHound:
Being raped is a very traumatic experience, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Survivors of rape should have immediate access to professional counseling. Considering how sensitive the issue is, you may not be equipped to offer the right words.
thank you. please do you know of any professional agencies they can be directed to?
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:
You must be a serial rapist to have so many victims around you.

By the way, you haven't told us if its female or male victims.

Gays rape buttholes too.
....wow...just...wow
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Windflower(f): 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
If its just happened fresh, then she will need to get it off her mind by talking to someone she trust,you can make urself available depending on how close ure,she will definitely open up to you. The truth is no matter the number of counselling session she goes to,there are night she will cry alone,there are incident that will trigger the memory and make her feel depressed. Just try not to leave her alone too often but also give her the space if she needs to be alone. With time its will get better

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by stopthecycle: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Windflower:
If its just happened fresh, then she will need to get it off her mind by talking to someone she trust,you can make urself available depending on how close ure,she will definitely open up to you. The truth is no matter the number of counselling session she goes to,there are night she will cry alone,there are incident that will trigger the memory and make her feel depressed. Just try not to leave her alone too often but also give her the space if she needs to be alone. With time its will get better
thank you
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Rukkydelta(f): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Best way is to catch the rapist cut his/her genitals cook and forcefully let him/her feed on it
Next step is for the victim to go for professional counselling
Re: What Do You Say To A Rape Victim? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
stopthecycle:
....wow...just...wow

Better to show remorse through action. Using words can make things worse, infact, the best action you can show is inaction, passive movement here and there that reflects deep empathy.

Be careful not to try to console them with words that are not carefully thought out, you may cause more harm than damage in the process. Be careful with words, show them love, love will cause them to open up, when they are opened, then you can also speak about some bad life expereinces you went through, and then take it on from there. They need to feel like you're acomrade that has gone through some bad stuff too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"When I Become The First Pastor President, I Will Abolish Social Media" - Lady / 6 Things You Should Not Tell Anyone About Your Relationship / Blac Chyna Shows Off Her Hot Body In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.