Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? (9546 Views)

Poll: Is Vice President Atiku corrupt?

Yes: 72% (80 votes)
No: 27% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is Atiku Abubakar / Remember SA's Jacob Zuma Is Atiku Abubakar's Close Friend And Business Associate / Who Is Atiku Abubakar & Why Is Obj After Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 2:40am On Feb 24, 2007
INEC and EFCC aren't government tool. Since when does an organisation that exposes corrupt bastards, become a tool of the government. some of yous are blinded, the same EFCC that was said to be a tool of Obasanjo is the same one that is investigating OBJ right now, EFCC really lives up to the saying; No One is above the Law, and Gaytiku is no exception tongue
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Bomi(m): 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2007
What is this fuss all about! Yes Obj may be corrupt but he is setting a good precedent for the future running of Nigerian financial affairs. Haba we should all thank the Baba now. He try! for someone who has been out of circulation for such period of  time to come and still make such impact in Nigeria body politics! He try jare. The likes of Tinubu, Kalu and Atiku should just shout up and wait for their time.  lipsrsealed
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Lolyda(f): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2007
we are all corupt!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by papatee(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2007
Iam totally disappointed with some of the imputs some people posted under the canopies of one escuse or the other by trying to paint Atiku white. The sincere truth is that as long as we continue to cover our shame or dirt, there is know way we can move forward. Go back to the genesis of privatization as a case sturdy; The privitization of the onne port which was initially claimed to have won by Intel a company owned by Atiku. Do you know that on every barrel of oil shipped through this port fifty pence was charged on it, with the country shipping over 2million of barrels a day, do we need to go to school before we know that a million dollar is made on a daily basis out of which 50% of the money was remmitted to the Govt account, until the licence was revoked after some months of operation. So what are we talking about?. So also like other privatization carried out.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by omon(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2007
It is the most stupid of this world that will say that ATIKU is not corrupt.  I came and studied in the UK under the PTDF scholarship in 2003.  It was reckoned as one of the best scholarships in the world.

But things soon turned ugly for us all. First, where our predecessors had £10,000 as annual stipends, ours was reduced to £7,000 and it got reduced even further the following year. Secondly, many who had qualified for PhD scholarships were denied of their pursuit.  It was at that time that EFCC came on the heels of ATIKU and his boys in PTDF. It was only then that the monumental fraud committed by these men were exposed.

But for the belief and generousity of some Universities, my mates such as Goteng Gokop who is presently making waves in the IT industry would be no where (do a google search on 'Goteng Gokop).  The likes of ATIKU would have killed that one dream.

It is such a shame that people really do not realise what is going on , how corrupt these men are.  ATIKU must pay for killing the dreams of many.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by donnymikky(m): 8:24am On Feb 25, 2007
It is the most stupid of this world that will say that ATIKU is not corrupt. I came and studied in the UK under the PTDF scholarship in 2003. It was reckoned as one of the best scholarships in the world.

But things soon turned ugly for us all. First, where our predecessors had £10,000 as annual stipends, ours was reduced to £7,000 and it got reduced even further the following year. Secondly, many who had qualified for PhD scholarships were denied of their pursuit. It was at that time that EFCC came on the heels of ATIKU and his boys in PTDF. It was only then that the monumental fraud committed by these men were exposed.

But for the belief and generousity of some Universities, my mates such as Goteng Gokop who is presently making waves in the IT industry would be no where (do a google search on 'Goteng Gokop). The likes of ATIKU would have killed that one dream.

It is such a shame that people really do not realise what is going on , how corrupt these men are. ATIKU must pay for killing the dreams of many.

@Omon,
My friend despite the fact that you have posted your personal experiance all these pro ATIKU will never believe you.They'll rather wait for TURAKI to come out himself and shout loud "I AM A THIEVE O" grin
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Afokeakpo: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2007
Yes atiku is corrupt.why is fighting to rule a nation he doesnt believe in.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2007
Afokeakpo:

Yes atiku is corrupt.why is fighting to rule a nation he doesnt believe in.

Tell me something.Yeah Atiku is corrupt cos his boss is d god father of Corruption.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Bankole01(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2007
dblock are you writing from jail. It seems you don't know Nigeria well enough that INEC,ICPC,EFCC, SSS,Police etc etc, even though created to work for an individual, have since there inceptions, been compromised by whoever calls the short at Aso Rock simply because they were not allowed to be independent of the man, being that he appoints all the top echelon personel.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2007
EFCC is turning out to be Objs tool oh.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by saintchux(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2007
If the only crime Atiku Abubakar committed in 8 years of being the VP is that he authorized the placement of fund in a bank where people went and borrowed the cheap fund to run their business, Then Atiku Abubakar is not corrupt.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2007
Dunno the hype about the man oh.I think hes better than Obj sha.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by talktimi(m): 3:21am On Feb 26, 2007
Crude oil chop knuckle jooo , sometimes i wonder the kind of ?s people ask over here. Yes Atiku is as corrupt as my secondary skool principal back then but these politicians should leave us alone because they are all thieves let them stop whinin in our ears Baba included .
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by talktimi(m): 3:27am On Feb 26, 2007
grin chei agbabuya passmanga dblock, are u on plane earth? kai walahi if not that i like u small, well sha, ofcourse efcc will investigate baba iyabo but they shall never find him guilty infact they might even declare that he sold some of his assets to offset some debts and family problems due to the poor nature of his salary as the presido and grand dictator of nija.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2007
I like your optimism grin
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by donnymikky(m): 7:43am On Feb 26, 2007
If the only crime Atiku Abubakar committed in 8 years of being the VP is that he authorized the placement of fund in a bank where people went and borrowed the cheap fund to run their business, Then Atiku Abubakar is not corrupt.

Even if he did that unconstitutionaly? abeg give me a break! DEMOCRACY is different from AUTHOCRACY
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by klex(m): 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2007
What is the basis of this thread? arent we supposed to be better than the brigands, the mobs who mete out jungle justice and lynch people on the basis of allegations of ole! ole! You say the man is a thief yet nobody including ur much vaunted EFCC can produce a single thread of unimpeachable proof of atiku's corruption that can stand up in a court? Please lets stop this atiku bashing we are simply fooling ourselves if we look to him as the source of our problems. All he has been accused of is ptdf and the dilema for me is how can a man be accused of mismanagement in a transaction that yielded profits for the FG? the money has been paid back with interest so wat was stolen, wat was lost?

If ribadu has a case against Atiku or not we will know post May 29th. It pains me that the EFCC and the president have virtually squandered all the credibility that nigerians gave them to the extent that very few people believe them anymore. Their actions are perceived as a witch hunt of obj's opponents.

The only silver lining to this brigandage exhibited by PDP is that our laws are being constantly tested in the courts and that is fantastic! we are the better for it. now we know that contrary to what adedibu told us, an impeachment can be challenged. I have nothing but praise and applause for the justices of our superior courts of record, they have exhibited exemplary courage in deciding the pdp cases, because, even a small child in nigeria knows u cant afford to offend obj he will take it to you, yet they have stood their ground against him.

if their decisions were so rite, why is obj and PDP loosing all their cases? Let us pray that the recent flurry of activity is not leading us down the path tread by Nzeribe and his infamous ABN and the ill-fated justice ikpeme.

May God keep us all! Amen
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by klex(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2007
Let us tell ourselves the truth atiku was obj's deputy and the constitution does not give him seperate powers from obj, where and how did he steal all the money alone? if that is so then obj is guilty of negligence which is worse than actual fraud.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 2:57am On Feb 27, 2007
klex:

Let us tell ourselves the truth atiku was obj's deputy and the constitution does not give him seperate powers from obj, where and how did he steal all the money alone? if that is so then obj is guilty of negligence which is worse than actual fraud.

Exactly
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dazangel11(f): 5:32am On Feb 27, 2007
The reason I want this war against Atiku to continue is for the fact that he is noturing the plan of coming as a president even after the Embezzlements by him and his boss.

Come May Obj will be going back to Ota and  that settles his case. If we do not want to have another known thief as a leader again, Atk should be droped as well. And the only way to do that is what Obj is helping us do now and that is painting him black before the whole Nation

Gob Bless
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 5:48am On Feb 27, 2007
dazangel11:

The reason I want this war against Atiku to continue is for the fact that he is noturing the plan of coming as a president even after the Embezzlements by him and his boss.

Come May Obj will be going back to Ota and that settles his case. If we do not want to have another known thief as a leader again, Atk should be droped as well. And the only way to do that is what Obj is helping us do now and that is painting him black before the whole Nation

Gob Bless

Not the right way to do it.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dazangel11(f): 5:52am On Feb 27, 2007
Ok what's the right way mr Know all
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 6:06am On Feb 27, 2007
dazangel11:

Ok what's the right way mr Know all

Lol.How am i Mr know All?
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dazangel11(f): 6:13am On Feb 27, 2007
U said that is not how to do it pls tell me now
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 6:20am On Feb 27, 2007
Wey kind negligence @Klex, last i checked, OBJ has being pulling signals about Atiku day and night

So sad
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 6:25am On Feb 27, 2007
dazangel11:

U said that is not how to do it please tell me now

I just feel Obj shld let him be cos to me hes corrupt bt hes nt as corrupt as d don.Besides them attacking each other is nt the best.I wldnt want him to win too bt Obj shld leave him.Do u get
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Tobiegal(f): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2007
Na wa o! So dis tread go stil continue reach like dis,

Sha, i am of the opinion dat no one is trying to paint AA white, cos he aint white, but den, d devil u knw is far better dan d saint u dont knw,

AA is corrupt, wld embezzle, steal, loot call it woteva, if u stop him, would u stop d next person coming, or hold him from doing same,

Look at d bright side, whoeva comes alone as president would steal, loot and embezzle but wot realy matters is, wel, how dey do it! undecided
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by olawa20(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2007
The Senate Ad hoc Committee on the Petroleum Technology Development Fund has come out with its report. Here are some excerpts

”That His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, vice-president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007, abused his office by aiding and abetting the diversion of public funds in the sums of $125m and $20m respectively approved for specific projects to deposits in banks, some of which were fraudulently converted to loans to Netlink Digital Television, Mofas Shipping Company Limited and Transvari Services Limited.”

It also noted that contrary to the argument by Abubakar that PTDF funds were not lost in the various placements, N1.130bn loaned in two instalments to the NDTV; N420m to Mofas Shipping Company Limited; and N300m to Transvari Services Limited by TIB were yet to be recovered.

The committee, however, said that although the loans had been restructured with the acquisition of TIB by Spring Bank Plc., they (loans) might not be recovered outside the restructured framework without endangering the health of Spring Bank.

It, therefore, recommended that the VP be penalised for the offences."

The Presidency is also not spared:

”The President and the FEC acted in disregard of the law establishing the PTDF. Though the ratification by the FEC may mitigate this breach of the law, it however, does not absolve the President and the council of blame.”
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 5:33am On Mar 01, 2007
The fact is that all of them are thieves but u cnt beat Obj himself cos hes deir master
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by OmoEko1(f): 5:35am On Mar 01, 2007
9ja4eva:

The fact is that all of them are thieves but u cnt beat Obj himself because hes deir master
you mouth will not kill you sha, i hope u computer is secured becos am sure they gonna be tracing your computer. grin grin cheesy
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by 9ja4eva: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2007
LOL.

yes oh my comp is secured.Bt its d truth oh for real.All of em are Ole
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2007
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku
Down with Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Student murdered In Kansas City Missouri / Dantata Dies In Germany. / APC Wins 21 States, PDP Wins 15 States And FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.