Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,580 members, 7,847,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79563 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

wow,Jesus stood up for him.. what position was Jesus in Revelation 22:1..
This is how you keep evading my questions. You are responding with another question. I asked When Stephen saw Jesus in the heaven, did he say that he saw Gods? How many persons did he see? What was the position of Jesus in heaven when Stephen saw him?

I will answer your question. Please answer mine above there. Revelation 22:1 ‘Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb’.

Jesus was described here as the lamb. Just as many other verses in the Bible referred to him as the lamb ‘OF’ God.
Literally, a lamb is the begotten product of a Ewe and a Ram. A lamb is still a fledgeling or not a full-blown adult sheep. A lamb cannot be the alpha male. A lamb is still in the custody of the sheep.
So, Jesus is called a lamb after he ascended to heaven coincides with what he said at John 20:17 that he has a God who is GREATER than he is. A God that mortal man cannot see but Jesus was seen even after he ascended to the heaven by a mortal man.

So answer my question
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
test and taste are now the same thing? Other versions use the word tempt there bruh..d greek word Peirazo here is still the same word used in matt4:1 and it was used about Satan in verse 3..so satan is a taster huh? He came to taste Jesus?
I asked you a question and you are twisting it. The Bible verse I added is only an allusion to the question that I asked you.
Temptation is different from Test, isn’t it?
Answer my question. If Jesus is God why then was he tempted?
Telling me the Greek word is an escape trick. Just answer me.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
i have as a matter of fact but like d jews paul d apostle argued with for months, u are holding rather to ur tradition instead of d word... Even if u didn't take anything from this thread am sure u came to realize that Jesus was executed by the Roman government on the cross and that the name Jehova is just a conjoining of Yahweh and adonai..
lol so where did yahweh come from?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I am not forcing you to use it. It is actually your choice. But the bottom line is that If you refute the name and accept Jesus, you are a hypocrite. If you accept Yahweh believing that it was the original name, then you are 7 planets away from reality. The original name written by Jehovah is YHWH any other thing is a translation. The name of Jesus is Yehoshua or Yeshua and no one can categorically give the exact pronunciation. The word Jesus came to be centuries after Jehovah was established. But you chose one and refuted Jehovah claiming it was juxtaposed. How about Yahweh? You are dumbfounded to have discovered this, I am sure. You never thought of it. I do not think that you would ever brag about Yahweh again, ever. LOL.

Where did those vowels in Yahweh come from?

lol. D name Jehova to me is just like the name theos or any name used to describe the father in any language. Nothing sacred in the letters. U can as well call him Bari in d kalabari dialect
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
lol. D name Jehova to me is just like the name theos or any name used to describe the father in any language. Nothing sacred in the letters. U can as well call him Bari in d kalabari dialect
how about yahweh?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
This is how you keep evading my questions. You are responding with another question. I asked When Stephen saw Jesus in the heaven, did he say that he saw Gods? How many persons did he see? What was the position of Jesus in heaven when Stephen saw him?

I will answer your question. Please answer mine above there. Revelation 22:1 ‘Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb’.

Jesus was described here as the lamb. Just as many other verses in the Bible referred to him as the lamb ‘OF’ God.
Literally, a lamb is the begotten product of a Ewe and a Ram. A lamb is still a fledgeling or not a full-blown adult sheep. A lamb cannot be the alpha male. A lamb is still in the custody of the sheep.
So, Jesus is called a lamb after he ascended to heaven coincides with what he said at John 20:17 that he has a God who is GREATER than he is. A God that mortal man cannot see but Jesus was seen even after he ascended to the heaven by a mortal man.

So answer my question
wow in d course of ur so many assumptions, you are already speaking heresy... Where was God referred to as an Ewe or Ram
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I asked you a question and you are twisting it. The Bible verse I added is only an allusion to the question that I asked you.
Temptation is different from Test, isn’t it?
Answer my question. If Jesus is God why then was he tempted?
Telling me the Greek word is an escape trick. Just answer me.
how am i twisting anything? Did Satan tempt or test Jesus? Now u want to be dogmatic with my Erv bible and d next minute u say it is heretic and trinitarian.. Do u check other versions like kjv to see d word interpreted as test there? It was called tempt
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
lol so where did yahweh come from?
you can confirm from those dat derived Yehowa from it oo. I no dey there. But u saw it in black and white on Wikipedia and u can check from other credible sources
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
wow in d course of ur so many assumptions, you are already speaking heresy... Where was God referred to as an Ewe or Ram
You asked a question and I was only given you an English definition. I never called God a Ewe or a Ram. You know how to navigate this ship so well by causing controversies. You unsettle the water to evade my questions. I will post it here again and this time i will embolden it so that you will have no excuse

When Stephen saw Jesus in the heaven, did he say that he saw Gods? How many persons did he see? What was the position of Jesus in heaven when Stephen saw him?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
how about yahweh?
the name Yahweh to me is most sacred.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
how am i twisting anything? Did Satan tempt or test Jesus? Now u want to be dogmatic with my Erv bible and d next minute u say it is heretic and trinitarian.. Do u check other versions like kjv to see d word interpreted as test there? It was called tempt
I did share about 5 other Bible versions for you to compare. It was absolutely off the line. You can scroll up and check it. Why would I lie about it? It is just for your interest so that you do not quote that verse in the future. You can also compare with the Greek word. It does not tally at all. There was an insertion.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
the name Yahweh to me is most sacred.
are the "a" and "e" also sacred to you?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
You asked a question and I was only given you an English definition. I never called God a Ewe or a Ram. You know how to navigate this ship so well by causing controversies. You unsettle the water to evade my questions. I will post it here again and this time i will embolden it so that you will have no excuse
on the contrary, u said lamb is the young of an ewe to mean dat since Jesus is the son, God is an ewe. There are animals used in the Bible such as dog, pig, serpent, lamb.. Dey have their meaning u do not find dat in English dictionary.

When Stephen saw Jesus in the heaven, did he say that he saw Gods? How many persons did he see? What was the position of Jesus in heaven when Stephen saw him?
Stephen told us He saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God, John saw him sitting on the throne. So why base ur assumption on only an event?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I did share about 5 other Bible versions for you to compare. It was absolutely off the line. You can scroll up and check it. Why would I lie about it? It is just for your interest so that you do not quote that verse in the future. You can also compare with the Greek word. It does not tally at all. There was an insertion.
tell me the greek word there dat it doesn't tally with?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
you can confirm from those dat derived Yehowa from it oo. I no dey there. But u saw it in black and white on Wikipedia and u can check from other credible sources
I have had this conversation with many people. They can only spot out Jehovah but they forget about their own yahweh. They never get any clue where that name comes from. They believed it because bloggers or gossipers asked them to. It is never factual.

So, if you cannot defend the name you have no iota of faith in it. Because if you do, you would stretch your finding to the origin. It all boils down to guesswork. Scholars said this and that. The bottom line is that no one is completely sure. What we have is YHWH and pronunciation matters. Not every tongue can sound Yahweh as you do. Your name sounds otherwise in many languages. And when transliterated, the sound will come out absolutely different but the meaning is retained. If you retain the sound, the meaning will be lost.

The name of Jehovah has gone beyond what you could ever imagine. You are wasting your time trying to kill that name
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
on the contrary, u said lamb is the young of an ewe to mean dat since Jesus is the son, God is an ewe. There are animals used in the Bible such as dog, pig, serpent, lamb.. Dey have their meaning u do not find dat in English dictionary.

Stephen told us He saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God, John saw him sitting on the throne. So why base ur assumption on only an event?
Some certain animals were also used to describe Jehovah in the Bible. His power his actions his love and wisdom.

The lamb has a huge symbolic connotation in the Bible. It is used for sacrifices or cleansing. It also used to identify obedient or chosen one(s). and the blood of the lamb was sprinkled on the Israelite doors as a sign of deliverance.
The lamb is innocent and free from any sins.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Some certain animals were also used to describe Jehovah in the Bible. His power his actions his love and wisdom.

The lamb has a huge symbolic connotation in the Bible. It is used for sacrifices or cleansing. It also used to identify obedient or chosen one(s). and the blood of the lamb was sprinkled on the Israelite doors as a sign of deliverance.
The lamb is innocent and free from any sins.
now u Gerrit... Dat dictionary u quoted initially is totally out of place
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I have had this conversation with many people. They can only spot out Jehovah but they forget about their own yahweh. They never get any clue where that name comes from. They believed it because bloggers or gossipers asked them to. It is never factual.

So, if you cannot defend the name you have no iota of faith in it. Because if you do, you would stretch your finding to the origin. It all boils down to guesswork. Scholars said this and that. The bottom line is that no one is completely sure. What we have is YHWH and pronunciation matters. Not every tongue can sound Yahweh as you do. Your name sounds otherwise in many languages. And when transliterated, the sound will come out absolutely different but the meaning is retained. If you retain the sound, the meaning will be lost.

The name of Jehovah has gone beyond what you could ever imagine. You are wasting your time trying to kill that name
who is trying to kill any name? Wherever it has gone, the word of God still stands. It is just a translation and the way yehowah was arrived at is written down in different online sources.. Jehovah and oluwa are just the same
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
tell me the greek word there dat it doesn't tally with?
You should know the Greek word. It is right there in your Bible. ERV knows what they are doing. Believe me, that Bible version is misleading. It is not interdenominational. They insert some abstract words to enforce a particular belief. Imagine in less than 2 weeks of random usage, I have spotted some heretical texts. Think about it.
The word of God has power. Do you know that after all the manipulations and heretical insertions there are just many other verses that strike one's curiosity? no matter how much they changed their Bibles, the word of God still stands firm.

Doesn't it make it difficult for you to defend your doctrine seeing verses like John 20:17 1 Timothy 2:5 or John 17:3? I am sure that it must be exhausting for you. You keep evading questions and jiving like you stole something. I do not blame you because the power given to you is insufficient.
You should challenge your pastors and ask them for the truth. It is your prerogative to know the truth.

It took Freeze to cause these adjustments in many churches today. Some pastors have come out openly to confess that tithing is unscriptural for Christians. Not that they are not aware, they are.

The truth is that you will have to keep defending these doctrines over and over again and the kids are growing up to ask the same questions all over again. Everything is now easily accessible online and one can no longer conceal information like the medieval times. Changing the Bible or twisting it is heretic and evil. If not for the dead sea scrolls discovered in 1946, most people would be in darkness today as to where the name of God appears in the Bible. They hid the truth for ages. They knew it.

Imagine a whole Bible without the name of God. How possible? They replace everything with Lord but that is not how it was written for us. It has become a very rewarding task for Jehovah's Witnesses to teach people the truth about their creator, Jehovah.

Dig a little deeper you will see the heresy in that verse.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
who is trying to kill any name? Wherever it has gone, the word of God still stands. It is just a translation and the way yehowah was arrived at is written down in different online sources.. Jehovah and oluwa are just the same
Where did Oluwa come from? What is the origin of the Yoruba language? Is it older than Mandarin or Tamil?
YHWH has no vowels, where did the vowels in yahweh come from?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
now u Gerrit... Dat dictionary u quoted initially is totally out of place
haha. I only made an allusion to what I said. It is on record that a lamb is a begotten offspring of a Ewe.

Why did Jesus pray to the father to GIVE him his glory back?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
you agree Jesus can be worshiped? I hope ur other guys agree too?

I don't until you accept humans can be worshipped, Do you accept that ?

Don't forget gave given you proof of humans been worshipped. So answer

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

Oh, wow! Was that verse referring to Jesus? My oh My! Tell me the verse that you are referring written by John.
Revelation 3:21 ? To the one who conquers+ I will grant to sit down with me on my throne,+ just as I conquered and sat down+ with my Father on his throne.
this one?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
You should know the Greek word. It is right there in your Bible. ERV knows what they are doing. Believe me, that Bible version is misleading. It is not interdenominational. They insert some abstract words to enforce a particular belief. Imagine in less than 2 weeks of random usage, I have spotted some heretical texts. Think about it.
The word of God has power. Do you know that after all the manipulations and heretical insertions there are just many other verses that strike one's curiosity? no matter how much they changed their Bibles, the word of God still stands firm.
u see heretical insertion in Erv but refuse to see the several heretical mutilation in ur NWT? U also run to these same versions to justify ur heresies wen it is possible. U av been in d habit of justifying ur error with errors u site in other sources yet u claim to be a separate distinct ppl? U can only deceive ursef not me grin

Doesn't it make it difficult for you to defend your doctrine seeing verses like John 20:17 1 Timothy 2:5 or John 17:3? I am sure that it must be exhausting for you. You keep evading questions and jiving like you stole something. I do not blame you because the power given to you is insufficient.
i give you answers tru scripture cos the Bible says no scripture is of private interpretation. Wat u do in ur WT is heretic. Scripture should be used to explain and understand scripture not ur mind or feelings or ur dictionary.

You should challenge your pastors and ask them for the truth. It is your prerogative to know the truth.
at least he was able to help u tru me.. At least he was able to open ur eyes that Jesus was killed by Roman government.. U r d one who doesn't know d truth

[/quote]It took Freeze to cause these adjustments in many churches today. Some pastors have come out openly to confess that tithing is unscriptural for Christians. Not that they are not aware, they are. [/quote] u seem to be ahead of ursef. Just Google anti tithe movement and come back to revert ur findings. Before freeze was born, many has opposed it and after his death many like him will still come up but the Church will stand and flourish regardless grin

The truth is that you will have to keep defending these doctrines over and over again and the kids are growing up to ask the same questions all over again. Everything is now easily accessible online and one can no longer conceal information like the medieval times. Changing the Bible or twisting it is heretic and evil. If not for the dead sea scrolls discovered in 1946, most people would be in darkness today as to where the name of God appears in the Bible. They hid the truth for ages. They knew it.
lol, sing wateva song dat makes u happy with ursef

Imagine a whole Bible without the name of God. How possible? They replace everything with Lord but that is not how it was written for us
u are back to where u started from. U must be sober right now realizing u confessed severally on dis thread dat it was a mere English word.

It has become a very rewarding task for Jehovah's Witnesses to teach people the truth about their creator, Jehovah.
hehehehe.. Ur jehovah was created by some men. The truth is right there in d public domain nd not d one in ur head. It is rather a waste of time trying to market a name dat was a mere product of permutation nd combination.. U can deceive ursef dat u are right though afterall those boko guys think dey are right as well

Dig a little deeper you will see the heresy in that verse.
u already failed at providing day Jehovah is thr name of the true God... I wonder was juxtaposing lovingjehova and removetheturban would produce cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
haha. I only made an allusion to what I said. It is on record that a lamb is a begotten offspring of a Ewe.

Why did Jesus pray to the father to GIVE him his glory back?
u mean HIS glory right? Because Philippians tell us how he willingly relinquished d glory to come and die on earth. After his resurrection he went back to collect his glory.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The word of God is clear. The followers of Christ are not going to be worshipped as gods, Nebuchadnezzar did not worship Daniel as a God, if you even read the following verse you will notice that he glorified God.

Jesus was worshipped as God. By humans and by Angels.
Why are your people afraid to put worship when in reference to Jesus in their bible? But put it when they refer to Satan, dragon, God etc

One of the dumbest posts ever seen .

worship now has levels, It can either be as God or not grin grin

Unknown to this con man, Nobody should be worshipped aside God . So Jesus followers or Daniel accepting worship automatically make them God !!!

You just made a mess of yourself
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Oh, wow! Was that verse referring to Jesus? My oh My! Tell me the verse that you are referring written by John.
Revelation 3:21 ? To the one who conquers+ I will grant to sit down with me on my throne,+ just as I conquered and sat down+ with my Father on his throne.
this one?
interesting.. So Jesus and the father sits on a throne? .. Nice hearing dat from you. Wat os ur understanding of Throne? Ur fellow jws last night tried so hard to deny dis but thanks for putting it straight. Jesus sits upon the throne of God and you say he isn't God shocked.. All creatures on heaven and earth worship him as dey worship the father both on the throne yet u say he isn't God? If God made him equal with himself why den av u been arguing all this while?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

I don't until you accept humans can be worshipped, Do you accept that ?

Don't forget gave given you proof of humans been worshipped. So answer

grin grin grin

u came in right on time... "Thou shall not worship any other God besides me"
Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to removetheturban, and heaven and earth bowed down to worship God and Jesus.
Jesus =God QED cool
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus followers will be worshipped
by Satan's followers complete the statement. Cut sentence half way and make your assumption.
Jesus followers, non followers, angels, people on earth, people in heaven worship jesus. In fact at the name Jesus even knee must bow.
Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords. The ruler of the whole universe. He is Almighty God.

The bold statement shows how Irrelevant your write up is.

====
for you shall worship no other god: for Yahweh, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
====

Since nobody should be worshipped aside God , Do you now accept those Followers of Jesus worshipped are God ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u came in right on time... "Thou shall not worship any other God besides me"
Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to removetheturban,

Irrelevant, You should have said according to peaceful love then I will take you serious .

and heaven and earth bowed down to worship God and Jesus.
Jesus =God QED cool

Still same old lines, are you tired ?

Are those humans been worshipped not GOD as well ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

Irrelevant, You should have said according to peaceful love then I will take you serious .

Still same old lines, are you tired ?

Are those humans been worshipped not GOD as well ?
those humans you worship are ur god ooo, i know nothing about it.
Are u refuting the fact that Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to the scripture removetheturban quoted?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
those humans you worship are ur god ooo, i know nothing about it.

a comical desperate move grin grin

It is written, Ye are GODS ... you still know nothing about it ?

and these ones accepted worship , didn't they ?

Are u refuting the fact that Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to the scripture removetheturban quoted?

What is my business with that ?

If you have issues with removetheturban , Address it to him . I just hope you haven't fall for the guy already grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (70) (Reply)

Prophet Evidence Chikason Divorces His Wife, Marries Choir Mistress In Delta / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It / Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.