Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,496 members, 7,847,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79506 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

wow, so on the same throne Christ is even sitted on the right?
Absolutely! You seem to have little knowledge of the meaning of throne. Stephen saw Jesus on the right hand side of God which corresponds with the Bible verses when God asked Jesus to sit at his right hand.
He was seen after he ascended to the heavens on the right hand side of God. You should believe the Bible not men.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

but wen i told u initially dat Jesus stood up for stephen u denied.
Ludicrous! Jesus stood up for Stephen What is she saying If you found yourself back in the time of Israelite you would have been pelted with stones tonight grin. How did Jesus stand up for Stephen? Are you sleepy? lol
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
but did spirit include the 'a' and 'e' in yahweh?
You have been avoiding that question on yahweh.

who added the two vowels in the name?

why were they added?

Where did they get the vowels from?

When were they added?
y don't u tell me who added it as u seem to know.. If ur society wants to stand for the name of God den YHWH withness would be very appropriate instead of u conjoining words like siamese twins grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Habakkuk 1:12Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Lord, you are the one who lives forever!
You are my holy God who never dies!
Lord, you created the Babylonians to do what must be done.
Our Rock, you created them to punish people.

How could God have died? If Jehovah God dies then the Bible would be a lie. Don't you think so?

Hod would you say that God died? Only idolaters would say that their god died because it is made of wood and carvings. Are you an idolater?
u are at d same level with d pharisees who didn't believe in Jesus and his Apostle cos dey never fathomed the possibility of Jesus being God. So u mean ir jehova called a god "God" wen he said "thy throne oh God "... U see ur failed logic?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Psalm 34:3 New International Version
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. What does it mean to glorify? Some other versions say magnify.

But the Bible said that the glory that Jesus had with God before coming to the earth was given to him by God. Did you not read that part of it?
Colossians 1:15 says that he is the firstborn of ALL creations.
Are you denying the words of the Bible?
u are now an expert in doing cut and sew with the word of God like ir daddy freeze. Cutting here and there nd joining wit dictionary
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

From the right position he was sitted on same throne with God he stood up for the great martyr Stephen. Am glad u eventually saw proof in ur WT materials
The Bible never said that Jesus STOOD UP. You have joined the 55 men and ERV in assaulting the word of God. You have to stay within the perimeter of the Bible. Stephen them standing. There is no line suggesting that they stood up FOR Stephen. Be very careful with the word of God.
Had we been in the 15th century you would have been burnt on a stake today. cheesy

Jesus himself said in Revelation 3 that he has his own throne and his faithful chosen ones as well will have their own throne WITH him. They do not have to sit on each others lap as if there is austerity in the heaven. You seeing this thing literally and that is your problem. I want to remind you that we are talking about spirits, not mortals. Your mind is all about the physical.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Matthew 3:9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

how do you think Jesus apostles understood the verse above?
why don't you explain? U don't even regard the Apostles of Jesus. One of u claimed Thomas was heretic ytd
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u are now an expert in doing cut and sew with the word of God like ir daddy freeze. Cutting here and there nd joining wit dictionary
You need to follow up because I am showing you the bible but it feels like magica to you. The fact is that you are flabbergasted with the discovery of the facts in the Bible. You have always been told the lie. So, I get it. It will take time for you to assimilate the truth but write them down somewhere and go through them in your spare time. I always encourage personal study. Keep an open mind and read the scriptures like the Bereans
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Jesus said that in his father's house there are many dwelling places. The Bible talks about the 12 thrones, Jesus thrones and Jehovah's throne. These are just the literal sense of throne that you understand. But in the actual sense, the Bible said that the heaven is Jehovah's throne. He shares his throne with his loyal subjects. Jesus is there and if you read the book of revelation you will see other angels around the throne as well. But Jesus alone was given a seat and at his very right hand
d right hand u talk about is it on the same throne or a different one?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I never called God a Ewe. You asked for the meaning of Lamb and I gave you a comprehensive meaning of it both in the physical and spiritual sense. Jesus said liars are from their master, the devil.
yes and dat was y quickly drew ur attention to ur lies even though dey are so many on this thread
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Tell me your own LOL. You have nothing against what i said. If you do, say otherwise and let me show you the Bible verses
show me the Bible verse that nullified the event john saw in heaven and was told to record. Seems ur assumption is more accurate than wat God showed to John
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Where did the "i" in your God go? Adonai (AOAI)

Go and ask the people who coined it. Abi your leaders told you another thing? Lol continue dwelling on the fact that they did not make use of the i in adonai.
The fact still remains that the word Jehovah was coined by pagans (non jw, unrighteous, wicked, worldly people, trinitarians), it has pagan roots and the originators were even unsure of it. No one even knows the actual name.
It's so shameful that the most important and most revered name in your religion has pagan origin. So pathetic
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
you are a skew queen. You know how to jump out of a sinking ship. You have an A-grade in that.
My Bible is well-thought out and we have nothing to hide. We are very open and we give you reasons for every action.

When Jesus was on earth was he a spirit?
ur answer is right there in dat verse of the Bible u hate so much. Philippians 2:7,8..

U give reasons to defend heresies in ur scripture? Were u part of the committee appointed to doctor d real wors and tailor it to suit ur Russell teaching?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Absolutely! You seem to have little knowledge of the meaning of throne. Stephen saw Jesus on the right hand side of God which corresponds with the Bible verses when God asked Jesus to sit at his right hand.
He was seen after he ascended to the heavens on the right hand side of God. You should believe the Bible not men.

So because watchtower assumes the throne of God is on earth then every one who claims the throne of God is in heaven has little knowledge. You make me laugh
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Like I told you we use all Bible version and an average JW can tell when something looks fishy in a version. We do nto condemn the entire Bible version but we cherry pick and leave behind the heretical texts. We do not take spurious matters with us
an average jw is trained to look for errors in dat case.. If u can use all bible version den why doctor ur own? Just like d Muslims do, u quote from the normal Bible den wen dat same Bible is quoted to u, u start crying heretical insertion. Why don't u stick to ur Bible nd den wen d need arises we will use the original greek and Hebrew to decide on wch is correct and not
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
y don't u tell me who added it as u seem to know.. If ur society wants to stand for the name of God den YHWH withness would be very appropriate instead of u conjoining words like siamese twins grin
You see! You are lost like a sheep without a shepherd. When Jesus saw your type, he asked his disciples to pray for more workers to harvest your type. These people are not teaching you the truth in the Bible.

You have been bragging with Yahweh and now you are in a dichotomy. No way ahead no way behind. Just stuck in a cesspit and your contemporaries cannot bail you out because they are void mentally.
That is not a good place to be. You probably have searched the internet and there is close to nothing to find. Yes! Because the bloggers are busy focusing on the JW instead of digging for facts on their own beliefs.

You were busy digging for facts to lance against the JW but here is your own doctrine and you have no answer to it. I told you initially to spend time learning about your own doctrine but you were looking for links to JW articles written centuries ago.
You are willing to spend that time and effort just to dig up specks of dirt to splatter on our faces while on your own doctrines, you have no clue.

You are expecting me to feed you a doctrine that you pride in? Ask your pastors and you will discover that they themselves do not know. You will be surprised.

JW do not use these things against you. Not that we do not know but if we concentrate on these things, it will prevent us from maintaining the standard that Jesus set for us.

You will find the truth not only online but in books. Books are expensive these days. Bloggers do not know.
When your head cools off, I will tell you what you need to know about Yahweh. For now, I will drop the issue because it is a torment for you already.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Like I told you we use all Bible version and an average JW can tell when something looks fishy in a version. We do nto condemn the entire Bible version but we cherry pick and leave behind the heretical texts. We do not take spurious matters with us
so in other words, JW and WT are cherry pickers?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
why don't you explain? U don't even regard the Apostles of Jesus. One of u claimed Thomas was heretic ytd
No one ever called any apostle a heretic rather you were the one who called Matthew a drunkard.
This is my question Matthew 3:9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

how do you think Jesus apostles understood the verse above?

Let me invite hairyrapunzel to bail you out. Sir, @salvation has one remaining life line. Can you bail her out with an answer?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
good. So according to you, Jesus and God are sitted on the same throne in heaven with Jesus sitted at the right hand side and God on the left? In other words dey share same throne. Innit?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
so in other words, JW and WT are cherry pickers?
Jesus said that his father is selective because he will sift the good from the bad. We follow the same pattern by sifting heresy from the truth. We pick the truth because it means our lives.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Ludicrous! Jesus stood up for Stephen What is she saying If you found yourself back in the time of Israelite you would have been pelted with stones tonight grin. How did Jesus stand up for Stephen? Are you sleepy? lol
the Israelites hated the truth, do you?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
an average jw is trained to look for errors in dat case.. If u can use all bible version den why doctor ur own? Just like d Muslims do, u quote from the normal Bible den wen dat same Bible is quoted to u, u start crying heretical insertion. Why don't u stick to ur Bible nd den wen d need arises we will use the original greek and Hebrew to decide on wch is correct and not

But since you do not look for errors,
What do you find wrong in Jesus words in John 20:17?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

The bold statement shows how Irrelevant your write up is.

====
for you shall worship no other god: for Yahweh, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
====

Since nobody should be worshipped aside God , Do you now accept those Followers of Jesus worshipped are God ?

The argument is Jesus was worshipped the way God was worshipped. Jesus accepted worship. Humans and angels worship him. If in your bible they did same to Daniel and the followers of Jesus good for you. Word twister plus assumption believing person. Jw apologist.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
the Israelites hated the truth, do you?
WE love the truth. Jesus said that his sheep will hear his voice. We hear his speaking in John 20:17. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
good. So according to you, Jesus and God are sitted on the same throne in heaven with Jesus sitted at the right hand side and God on the left? In other words dey share same throne. Innit?
You are a Bible twister and should be awarded a gold medal for twisting the scriptures at the annual atheist convention. The Bible did not fo any further than I already explained to you

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
lol If the answer is right there in that verse, why not spot it out for the world to see? I am not the only one reading these posts.
salvation101:
ur answer is right there in dat verse of the Bible u hate so much. Philippians 2:7,8..

U give reasons to defend heresies in ur scripture? Were u part of the committee appointed to doctor d real wors and tailor it to suit ur Russell teaching?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
The Bible never said that Jesus STOOD UP. You have joined the 55 men and ERV in assaulting the word of God. You have to stay within the perimeter of the Bible. Stephen them standing. There is no line suggesting that they stood up FOR Stephen. Be very careful with the word of God.
Had we been in the 15th century you would have been burnt on a stake today. cheesy
those who can't accept the truth get absurdly angry and do crazy things. Its not uncommon. Are u one of dem?

Jesus himself said in Revelation 3 that he has his own throne and his faithful chosen ones as well will have their own throne WITH him. They do not have to sit on each others lap as if there is austerity in the heaven. You seeing this thing literally and that is your problem. I want to remind you that we are talking about spirits, not mortals. Your mind is all about the physical.
so in ur word, the throne is very narrow and cannot accommodate both of them? The throne is made of wood from ur village? cheesy.. D type in ur igwe palace? U r the one wrapped up in d physical and mental world.. To you, dey both will have to sit on eachother lap
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
heresy... So God's throne is in Israel? Heaven and earth worship God and Solomon while dey both share the throne.

**Yawns**.. Looks like am up for another very boring conversation again.. Seems there is only one person this thread among d anti-trinitarians dat is worth conversing with.. ***yawns again ***.. Its just past 12pm and dis guy is already making me dizzy sad

I bookmarked the bold .

grin grin wait, You mean when the bible said Solomon sit on the throne of Yahweh ( the Father ) it's Heresy?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u are at d same level with d pharisees who didn't believe in Jesus and his Apostle cos dey never fathomed the possibility of Jesus being God. So u mean ir jehova called a god "God" wen he said "thy throne oh God "... U see ur failed logic?
You jumped out of that question like a frog jumps out of hot water. You are a professional. Here is the question again.
Habakkuk 1:12Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Lord, you are the one who lives forever!
You are my holy God who never dies!
Lord, you created the Babylonians to do what must be done.
Our Rock, you created them to punish people.

How could God have died? If Jehovah God dies then the Bible would be a lie. Don't you think so?

Hod would you say that God died? Only idolaters would say that their god died because it is made of wood and carvings. Are you an idolater?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:

But since you do not look for errors,
What do you find wrong in Jesus words in John 20:17?
Nothing wrong. Jesus is God even from that verse. So now Jesus rose in bodily form ie In his own body. I heard you people preach that He was reincarnated into another mans body. Jw witness they use one verse in the whole chapter forgetting the other verses. Na your way.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
You need to follow up because I am showing you the bible but it feels like magica to you. The fact is that you are flabbergasted with the discovery of the facts in the Bible. You have always been told the lie. So, I get it. It will take time for you to assimilate the truth but write them down somewhere and go through them in your spare time. I always encourage personal study. Keep an open mind and read the scriptures like the Bereans
u r d one keeping a closed mind as u run to ur WT for answers when dey are available for free but u just can't accept dem, dey don't seem right except for cherry picking
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The argument is Jesus was worshipped the way God was worshipped. Jesus accepted worship. Humans and angels worship him. If in your bible they did same to Daniel and the followers of Jesus good for you. Word twister plus assumption believing person. Jw apologist.

At least you yourself said it that Jesus followers were worshipped, You must be on Sleeping pills to say the bold then

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (70) (Reply)

Anambra Catholic Church Massacre: Facebook Users Reveal What "Bishop" Did / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen / Prophet Evidence Chikason Divorces His Wife, Marries Choir Mistress In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.