Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,699 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79710 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
those humans you worship are ur god ooo, i know nothing about it.
Are u refuting the fact that Jesus and God d sit on the same throne according to the scripture removetheturban quoted?

God beautifully separated from Jesus .

See how the bold words clearly replies this thread . What else are we talking about ? grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

a comical desperate move grin grin

It is written, Ye are GODS ... you still know nothing about it ?

and these ones accepted worship , didn't they ?

What is my business with that ?

If you have issues with removetheturban , Address it to him . I just hope you haven't fall for the guy already grin grin
are you gonna denying that Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to Revelation 3:21?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

God beautifully separated from Jesus .

See how the bold words clearly replies this thread . What else are we talking about ? grin
the fact is Jesus sits on the same throne with God na abi? The title of this thread is "is Jesus God?" nobody said Jesus and God the Father is one same person. Jesus as God as the father is
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2018
I just dey laugh grin grin grin .
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
are you gonna denying that Jesus and God sit on the same throne according to Revelation 3:21?
grin grin

Even Solomon Sit on the throne of God according to Bible , so what is your problem ? Do you now accept Solomon is God ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

grin grin

Even Solomon Sit on the throne of God according to Bible , so what is your problem ? Do you now accept Solomon is God ?
heresy... So God's throne is in Israel? Heaven and earth worship God and Solomon while dey both share the throne.

**Yawns**.. Looks like am up for another very boring conversation again.. Seems there is only one person this thread among d anti-trinitarians dat is worth conversing with.. ***yawns again ***.. Its just past 12pm and dis guy is already making me dizzy sad
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u seem to be ahead of ursef. Just Google anti tithe movement and come back to revert ur findings. Before freeze was born, many has opposed it and after his death many like him will still come up but the Church will stand and flourish regardless
Surely it will flourish because Jesus said that the wicked one planted weeds. In the end all will be giving to collection and the weed will be sifted out.
We have been preaching against the tithing but we are very humble and preaching with love. Freeze doesn’t show any love. He just comes to tear down. He follows the same pattern that your pastors use, aggressiveness and violence. He has not love just as the opposing member shows no love to widows and orphans when they extort them.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
hehehehe.. Ur jehovah was created by some men. The truth is right there in d public domain nd not d one in ur head. It is rather a waste of time trying to market a name dat was a mere product of permutation nd combination.. U can deceive ursef dat u are right though afterall those boko guys think dey are right as well
When will your eyes ever be open to the truth? Do you realize that we are living on the brink of time? You can see the facts right in front of you but you refute them. Can you see Jesus words in John 20:17?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
Dig a little deeper you will see the heresy in that verse.
u already failed at providing day Jehovah is thr name of the true God... I wonder was juxtaposing lovingjehova and removetheturbanwould produce
lol You have not yet provided the names of the guys who added two vowels in Yahweh. Haha very funny how you abandoned Yahweh and clung on to Olorun. When I came for Olorun you abandoned it for Oluwa. That is how you will abandon your church one day.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u mean HIS glory right? Because Philippians tell us how he willingly relinquished d glory to come and die on earth. After his resurrection he went back to collect his glory.
But Jesus said in John 17:24 that glory was given to him by God. I am talking about the glory he relinquished before coming to the earth from the heaven. He was given the glory by God. So, that glory came from God. Do you believe that?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
interesting.. So Jesus and the father sits on a throne?
I quoted Revelation 3:21earlier and yes Jesus sits on Jehovahs throne not “A” throne. The verse says
To the one who conquers+ I will grant to sit down with me on my throne,+ just as I conquered and sat down+ with my Father on “HIS” throne.
Take a good look at the pronoun. Jesus said, his(God’s) throne. You probably did not notice that earlier. You quickly jumped on it like you struck gold. Lol.
Jesus has his own throne. When Stephen looked up he saw Jesus seated at the right hand side of Jehovah.
Hebrews 8:1 says that Jesus seats at the right hand of Jehovah’s throne. Luke also confirmed that Jesus would BE GIVEN his throne Luke 1:32
.. Nice hearing dat from you. Wat os ur understanding of Throne? [/quote] Throne is a seat of utmost importance or Monarch; A chair; Power; or a place. For example, we have the throne of David, which was his kingship. The throne of Jehovah is not limited to his seat of sovereignty but also everything he desires it to be. Isaiah 66:1 says “The heavens are Jehovah’s throne. The entire heavens belong to him and he shares it with his heavenly sons. Only his enemies were cast out of the heavens. 1 King 8:27 says that even the throne cannot contain Jehovah. And Matthew 19:28 speaks of Jesus in his own throne. It also speaks of the chosen 144,000 having also the 12 thrones with Jesus. Jesus said that they will be where he is and just as Jehovah shares his throne with Jesus, Jesus also shares his throne with the 144,000 chosen ones. So, calling Jesus God because God shared his (God’s) throne with Jesus also means calling the 144,000 Gods because they will also be sharing the throne with Jesus.
To this end, sharing God’s throne does not necessarily mean sitting in God’s chair but sharing the heavens of heavens and being at his right hand side. Stephen gave us a clear picture of seeing Jesus at the right hand of God. That is where he his throne is BESIDE God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
Ur fellow jws last night tried so hard to deny dis but thanks for putting it straight. Jesus sits upon the throne of God and you say he isn't God ..
You yourself said it. He sits on whose throne? Sitting on Jehovah’s throne does not literally mean sitting in his chair. You can clearly see what it means in King James Bible Matthew 22:44
The LORD said unto my Lord, SIT thou ON MY RIGHT HAND, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Where did that verse say that Jesus would sit? Now, let us go to
Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
Where was he eventually sat down? He is happy to be at the right hand Of Jehovah. And where did Stephen see him? Let us go to Acts 7:55 New International Version
But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Stephen confirmed that Jesus was AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Surely it will flourish because Jesus said that the wicked one planted weeds. In the end all will be giving to collection and the weed will be sifted out.
We have been preaching against the tithing but we are very humble and preaching with love. Freeze doesn’t show any love. He just comes to tear down. He follows the same pattern that your pastors use, aggressiveness and violence. He has not love just as the opposing member shows no love to widows and orphans when they extort them.
lol, freeze is antichrist, same as ur society. The only thing my pastors tear down is the kingdom of darkness...
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
When will your eyes ever be open to the truth? Do you realize that we are living on the brink of time? You can see the facts right in front of you but you refute them. Can you see Jesus words in John 20:17?
my eyes are open unlike urs dat would prefer to assume everything else outside the knowledge ur society teaches is false. U av tried to discredit every source of information, u can dem blogs.. Even bibles, u call dem heretic except wen it is in tandem wit ur belief. U r d one living on d brink of time, look into d mirror bruh
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
lol You have not yet provided the names of the guys who added two vowels in Yahweh. Haha very funny how you abandoned Yahweh and clung on to Olorun. When I came for Olorun you abandoned it for Oluwa. That is how you will abandon your church one day.
olorun and ur jehova are on d same level as every other manmade word.. Putting it on d same level as yaweh is sacrilegious...
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
lol, freeze is antichrist, same as ur society. The only thing my pastors tear down is the kingdom of darkness...
LOL I guess you wanted to say tears down people's pockets.

Do you believe that God sent his son? John 3:16?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
olorun and ur jehova are on d same level as every other manmade word.. Putting it on d same level as yaweh is sacrilegious...
but did spirit include the 'a' and 'e' in yahweh?
You have been avoiding that question on yahweh.

who added the two vowels in the name?

why were they added?

Where did they get the vowels from?

When were they added?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
my eyes are open unlike urs dat would prefer to assume everything else outside the knowledge ur society teaches is false. U av tried to discredit every source of information, u can dem blogs.. Even bibles, u call dem heretic except wen it is in tandem wit ur belief. U r d one living on d brink of time, look into d mirror bruh
So you are not living on the brink of time? Have you checked the mischievious insertion of heresy in your ERV? I am sure you have. They try to make Jesus God at all cost.

If Jesus is God, why doesn't he know the date and hour that he would destroy the world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
my eyes are open
But why are you not able to see John 20:17 17 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Jesus said to her, “You don’t need to hold on to me! I have not yet gone back up to the Father. But go to my followers and tell them this: ‘I am going back to my Father and your Father. I am going back to my God and your God.’”
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
But Jesus said in John 17:24 that glory was given to him by God. I am talking about the glory he relinquished before coming to the earth from the heaven. He was given the glory by God. So, that glory came from God. Do you believe that?
interesting how u got to 24 without seeing 4 and 5.
I finished the work you gave me to do. I brought you glory on earth. And now, Father, give me glory with you. Give me the glory I had with you before the world was made.
John 17:4‭-‬5 ERV.. So Jesus also gave the father glory (am sure i didn't see dat or u will say it was inserted heretical as usual) and asked the father to restore the glory he had with him in heaven. So watin u come dey talk
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
my eyes are open
Habakkuk 1:12Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Lord, you are the one who lives forever!
You are my holy God who never dies!
Lord, you created the Babylonians to do what must be done.
Our Rock, you created them to punish people.

How could God have died? If Jehovah God dies then the Bible would be a lie. Don't you think so?

Hod would you say that God died? Only idolaters would say that their god died because it is made of wood and carvings. Are you an idolater?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
interesting how u got to 24 without seeing 4 and 5.
I finished the work you gave me to do. I brought you glory on earth. And now, Father, give me glory with you. Give me the glory I had with you before the world was made.
John 17:4‭-‬5 ERV.. So Jesus also gave the father glory (am sure i didn't see dat or u will say it was inserted heretical as usual) and asked the father to restore the glory he had with him in heaven. So watin u come dey talk
Psalm 34:3 New International Version
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. What does it mean to glorify? Some other versions say magnify.

But the Bible said that the glory that Jesus had with God before coming to the earth was given to him by God. Did you not read that part of it?
Colossians 1:15 says that he is the firstborn of ALL creations.
Are you denying the words of the Bible?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
I quoted Revelation 3:21earlier and yes Jesus sits on Jehovahs throne not “A” throne. The verse says
To the one who conquers+ I will grant to sit down with me on my throne,+ just as I conquered and sat down+ with my Father on “HIS” throne.

Take a good look at the pronoun. Jesus said, his(God’s) throne. You probably did not notice that earlier. You quickly jumped on it like you struck gold. Lol.
Jesus has his own throne. When Stephen looked up he saw Jesus seated at the right hand side of Jehovah.
u with dis ir heretical dictionary interpretation of scripture, dat was how u called God an Ewe few moments ago.

Hebrews 8:1 says that Jesus seats at the right hand of Jehovah’s throne. Luke also confirmed that Jesus would BE GIVEN his throne Luke 1:32
how many thrones are there in heaven?

.. Nice hearing dat from you. Wat os ur understanding of Throne? Throne is a seat of utmost importance or Monarch; A chair; Power; or a place. For example, we have the throne of David, which was his kingship. The throne of Jehovah is not limited to his seat of sovereignty but also everything he desires it to be. Isaiah 66:1 says “The heavens are Jehovah’s throne. The entire heavens belong to him and he shares it with his heavenly sons. Only his enemies were cast out of the heavens. 1 King 8:27 says that even the throne cannot contain Jehovah. And Matthew 19:28 speaks of Jesus in his own throne. It also speaks of the chosen 144,000 having also the 12 thrones with Jesus. Jesus said that they will be where he is and just as Jehovah shares his throne with Jesus, Jesus also shares his throne with the 144,000 chosen ones. So, calling Jesus God because God shared his (God’s) throne with Jesus also means calling the 144,000 Gods because they will also be sharing the throne with Jesus.
To this end, sharing God’s throne does not necessarily mean sitting in God’s chair but sharing the heavens of heavens and being at his right hand side. Stephen gave us a clear picture of seeing Jesus at the right hand of God. That is where he his throne is BESIDE God.
wow in all ur digging dis was wat u could come up with, instead of digging from credible sources u went to ur watchtower as evident in dis ur response?
At d bolded part, do u know u just blasphemed oit of ur quick assumptions? Are you saying there was no throne where the heaven and earth fell to worship before God and the lamb? Is dat im tandem witj scripture or ur assumption is more reliable than wht scripture teaches?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u with
Matthew 3:9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

how do you think Jesus apostles understood the verse above?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
You yourself said it. He sits on whose throne? Sitting on Jehovah’s throne does not literally mean sitting in his chair. You can clearly see what it means in King James Bible Matthew 22:44
u are back wit ur rhetorics, u know wat, just quote from ur NWT next time instead of jumping from one version to another and crying foul and heretical insertion wen same Bible is quoted.

The LORD said unto my Lord, SIT thou ON MY RIGHT HAND, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Where did that verse say that Jesus would sit? Now, let us go to
Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
wow, so on the same throne Christ is even sitted on the right?

Where was he eventually sat down? He is happy to be at the right hand Of Jehovah. And where did Stephen see him? Let us go to Acts 7:55 New International Version
But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Stephen confirmed that Jesus was AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.
but wen i told u initially dat Jesus stood up for stephen u denied. From the right position he was sitted on same throne with God he stood up for the great martyr Stephen. Am glad u eventually saw proof in ur WT materials
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

how many thrones are there in heaven?
Jesus said that in his father's house there are many dwelling places. The Bible talks about the 12 thrones, Jesus thrones and Jehovah's throne. These are just the literal sense of throne that you understand. But in the actual sense, the Bible said that the heaven is Jehovah's throne. He shares his throne with his loyal subjects. Jesus is there and if you read the book of revelation you will see other angels around the throne as well. But Jesus alone was given a seat and at his very right hand
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
So you are not living on the brink of time? Have you checked the mischievious insertion of heresy in your ERV? I am sure you have. They try to make Jesus God at all cost.

If Jesus is God, why doesn't he know the date and hour that he would destroy the world?
if we should start pointing out the errors in ur NWT, u will feel so ashamed. Same translation dat translated the word Theos to mean he grin.. I now av a copy, ur same translation dat change worship to obeisance weneva it had to do with Jesus. A deliberate attempt to skew d meaning of the word of God to soothe ur doctrine
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

u with dis ir heretical dictionary interpretation of scripture, dat was how u called God an Ewe few moments ago.
I never called God a Ewe. You asked for the meaning of Lamb and I gave you a comprehensive meaning of it both in the physical and spiritual sense. Jesus said liars are from their master, the devil.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:

wow in all ur digging dis was wat u could come up with, instead of digging from credible sources u went to ur watchtower as evident in dis ur response?
At d bolded part, do u know u just blasphemed oit of ur quick assumptions? Are you saying there was no throne where the heaven and earth fell to worship before God and the lamb? Is dat im tandem witj scripture or ur assumption is more reliable than wht scripture teaches?
Tell me your own LOL. You have nothing against what i said. If you do, say otherwise and let me show you the Bible verses
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
if we should start pointing out the errors in ur NWT, u will feel so ashamed. Same translation dat translated the word Theos to mean he grin.. I now av a copy, ur same translation dat change worship to obeisance weneva it had to do with Jesus. A deliberate attempt to skew d meaning of the word of God to soothe ur doctrine
you are a skew queen. You know how to jump out of a sinking ship. You have an A-grade in that.
My Bible is well-thought out and we have nothing to hide. We are very open and we give you reasons for every action.

When Jesus was on earth was he a spirit?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
salvation101:
u are back wit ur rhetorics, u know wat, just quote from ur NWT next time instead of jumping from one version to another and crying foul and heretical insertion wen same Bible is quoted.
Like I told you we use all Bible version and an average JW can tell when something looks fishy in a version. We do nto condemn the entire Bible version but we cherry pick and leave behind the heretical texts. We do not take spurious matters with us
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
removetheturban:
LOL I guess you wanted to say tears down people's pockets.

Do you believe that God sent his son? John 3:16?
hahahaha.. Taste and see dat d lord is good. U av no idea how the word of God has been working wonders in our lives.. We tithe, u don't. U ain't better than us. Even though 10% leave our pocket monthly there is nothing u av achieved with ur 100% u keep to ursef dat we don't achieve with our 90%..u av treasures in heaven we av on earth tooo. It gladens our hearts to see thousands give their live to Jesus wit our 10% and d only sad ones are d enemies of d gospel like ur society and freeze

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (70) (Reply)

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Stephanie Otobo Reacts To N1B Lawsuit By Apostle Suleman (Pics/Video) / The Way Out Of COVID-19! - By TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.