Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (70634 Views)

Leke Adeboye Reacts To The Death Of His Brother, Dare / Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Adeebiwa09(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mujtahida:

I agree with you on Gbile and the rest you have mentioned.
The church has always sought to substitute itself for Christ. This is the era of christless Christianity. It takes a deeply spiritual Christian to notice what's going on. Majority are blind, tragically blind to the monstrous fraud and deception going on in the churches.

My brother carry on the work. I have left Christianity. I am only saying all I have said so that those who regard themselves as Christians will realise what's going on.

If you are interested go online and read preaching Christ by Charles mcllvaine at www. gracegems. com and go to www.austinsparks.net (warning: if you are not strong please don't read Austin Sparks)

Lolx yes sir I love your disclaimer but haven know what I know I don't think any body in the world not even an angel can persuade me otherwise. Meanwhile what do you mean by you have left Christianity
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by hadaydhollarpo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
[q2t b898bb8vhgguote author=aribisala0 post=62129788] What is wrong with poverty and so great about being rich in Christian teaching??
.Did Jesus advocate wealth? Was he rich?
[/quote]
every child of God has the power to claim riches in as much as it does not affect their relationship with God. The bible stated clearly by His stripes we were healed, He become poor as I may might be rich. These words are meant for those who believe and can claim it . It is biblical as long as it does not determine your relationship with God.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by designVATExcel: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
miketayo:

but he dodged the message and targeted the messenger.. Shows daddy freeze has a point.. Pastor Enoch just fall my hand big time with this video

Did you read the post at all. He targeted the message not the message. He spoke about spending money on alcohol & drinking same in the church.
Infact he diplomatically ignored the messenger and focused on the message.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
HsLBroker:
Daddy Freezer, you see your life, where is that meme
Is the house for sale at that same price?
if yes, then...
where's this building located?
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by SwagPower: 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This man is a blatant liar guilty of blasphemy

God asked him to listen.

The way these pastors call their intuition or conscience 'God' makes me sick

den God said “wait na ”..I laughed so hard I tot I felt ma appendix pop!!grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by divineappo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
AutoReportNG:

I think Pastor Adeboye was not replying to Freeze. The OP just twisted the whole stuff, Pastor Adeboye was replying to a post of another fellow and not Freeze. The OP just twsited the whole thing to gain traffic
who is the other fellow?

tell us!

u are not different from lai Mohammed defending his mini god buhari

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Lokoyen(m): 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
SageTravels:

Clapp for yourself.

Maybe you don't know Jesus did not use a phone talk more about registering as a nairander. why don't you follow Jesus footstep by doing exactly what he does?

Just wondering where you kept your sense. Goan read 1 John 4:1

The things of God is not for a Kanal man like u and Freeze. thats why He said John 4:24

The Bible which is God's word is not a dictionary. Even Devil Can quote Bible front and Back without mistakes.

If you claim to be a Christian, you should have a Discerning Spirit working perfectly in you. You don't need Freeze to tell you what to do

U av time replying these atheists. But then i salute u for standing up to defend what is right. May God increase u in Jesus name.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by aliya247(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
A curse is on you, scribes and Pharisees, false ones! for you make men give a tenth of all sorts of sweet-smelling plants, but you give no thought to the more important things of the law, righteousness, and mercy, and faith; but it is right for you to do these, and not to let the others be undone.
(Matthew 23 : 23 )
Tithe is part of the law of Moses but I wonder why the blood of Jesus among others did not cover tithe. Preachers will tell you if you pay things will tight for you?
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Mujtahida: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
Adeebiwa09:

Lolx yes sir I love your disclaimer but haven know what I know I don't think any body in the world not even an angel can persuade me otherwise. Meanwhile what do you mean by you have left Christianity
Please don't get my warning on Austin Sparks wrong. Not at all. I mean that he's so Christ centered in his teachings that if you are not strong, if you are a christless Christian you will not finding his teaching easy on your palates. Please try and read him. He's in the same mould as Watchman Nee, Charles Spurgeon (please read Spurgeon I beg you) A W Tozer, Christopher Blumhardt etc

On leaving Christianity? Hahahaha hahahaha. I can't go into that here. Let's not derail the thread. Cheers
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by tobaseye: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mrnairalandd:
Daddyfreeze didn’t say that, this man lied to his congregation when he didn’t know how to defend their scam.

I stopped paying tithe the day i saw my Bishop first son of my age driving the best car and living in opulence. I am not saying they should live in poverty but if millions of people are making contributions towards these churches week in week out, i think there should be a Housing, food and other essential provisions for the homeless, widows, widowers, orphans, social responsibilities like roads instead of flying all over the world and building universities.

I asked myself, is this stupidity or smartness on my part?

I look at the white people who brought this religion to Africa, i realised that they don’t give F about religion and their continent is far more prosperous than Africa where poverty reigns supreme.

I went further to ask myself this question, if these white folks could ignored all the God’s commandments in the bible and Quran and remained the most powerful and prosperous Nations on earth despite all their stance on homosexuality and others, i better have a rethink about religion which i did.

Another question that begged for answers then was, why did God who created heaven and earth abandoned Africans when His gospel was being preached. Why did He leave it for Europeans and Arabs to bring these religions to our continent cos i think it should have been made automatically universal instead of continental.

Don't get it twisted, the majority of the white people don't go to church but they live a sincere life, and that is what God demands from man; living a life void of offense and having a good conscience towards men and God and not by sleeping in the church. We are just a churchgoer nation and we know deep within us that our heart is far from living the standard God requires from us. But God is such a merciful God.

I hope people will start asking questions from their pastors....Let's even assume tithing is biblical, what about how the money is being spent?
Nobody can claim ignorance of this, All they will say is leave them for God to judge. How gullible can we be!

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Mbediogu(m): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
CampuChan:
Even his church members didn't believe the lies.

Adeboye didn't talk about owning fleets of aircraft, instead he lied about Daddyfreeze.
Daddyfreeze never said churches should use tithe money to buy alcohol.
His anger is towards billionaire Pastors. The ones who enjoy opulent lifestyles but tell their congregants their reward is in heaven.

Jesus Christ was not wearing gold shoes even though we knew he could. Jesus lived a simple life unlike our millionaire pastors.

Easier for a poor and repentant thief to enter into heaven than these multi millionaire pastors, their heaven is already here on earth.

They will tell you to donate half your salary promising you that God would repay you tenfold.

And I asked them: How much tithes did Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg Bill Gate pay to become so wealthy?
God would bless you if you obey him not if you pay tithes. Money means nothing to God.

Your position is rooted in the Bible passage that says OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE. Billionaire pastors are saying it the other way round - pay tithe, no need to obey because your success has been paid for by your tithe.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
divineappo:
where is this house located? i mean the house u avertised, which state, and which area ?
mowe, ogun state
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
kingkakaone:

Is the house for sale at that same price?
if yes, then...
where's this building located?
yes it is for sale King Kaka. Located in Mowe, Ogun State near redemption camp
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mujtahida:

Please don't get my warning on Austin Sparks wrong. Not at all. I mean that he's so Christ centered in his teachings that if you are not strong, if you are a christless Christian you will not finding his teaching easy on your palates. Please try and read him. He's in the same mould as Watchman Nee, Charles Spurgeon (please read Spurgeon I beg you) A W Tozer, Christopher Blumhardt etc

On leaving Christianity? Hahahaha hahahaha. I can't go into that here. Let's not derail the thread. Cheers

Lol yeah I understand I know most of these men, watchman, Tozer and Spurgeon are phenomenon. They are not people that are scared to preach the undiluted word of God accept or reject it remains the same that is something I love about those father they were 'crazy', they did God's work in completeness. As for derailing the thread my brother we are chatting as far as I know so the thread is on one side our talk is in another
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Etuagievin(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Tithing was created for the levites ,who were in dire need of aids. What Christ emphasized is not the 10th part,but a willful contributions to support his Fathers work. Tithing that is zealously preached by modern pastors especially in Africa is self-serving. We need to study the scriptures on our own,so as to know God's mind on the matter. This will prevent us from falling for the SCAM
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by aribisala0(m): 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
ibolomo:

and who told you Jesus never wore "gold shoes" while he was on earth?
I mean, his clothes were so fine that the soldier's had to cast lots to ascertain who would inherit them, not minding how bloodied they were.
there are several examples in scripture of rich people who were righteous.
I'm in no way exonerating the super billionaire pastors who flaunt wealth, they are also wrong.
And the new doctrine of giving that is circulated in the Body of Christ right now is mostly erroneous and a result of covetousness both on the part of the pastors and the congregation.
The balance is that people even though rich (including pastors), shouldn't count the riches as something to hold on to for relevance.

This is why I laugh at people who think they know the bible

Jesus was mocked because he suggested he had a Kingdom. He was dressed in scarlet or purple as was the case with royalty as a way of mocking him and they put a crown on his head.
Those purple robes were not his and that is what they cast lots for

10 And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.
11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Rockyrocky:

If you drop religious sentiments and listen to them rationally, all these men of god talk is nonsense.

Lol... Thought I was the only one who thought that they sound like kiddie stories.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by pikapizy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
XXLDICK:
He was definitely not referring to Freeze because Freeze never made such statement.

One thing about this pastors is that they will never address this tithe issue once and for all, they will just keep beating around the bush

Every sane mind knows that tithing as a Christian is wrong
God bless you for this .. I just highlighted this place in my bible for another block head or pastorprenier that will want to argue with me

Modified: I just made a little research and Freeze made a comment similar to that and he was purposely quoted out of context by dubious Adeboye. I just lost more respect for the man.

And Freeze was right.

Deuteronomy 14: 25 and 26.

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bunmiaji:
may God Almighty in his infinite mercy forgive you
Forgive him for what? telling the truth? that so called pastor is the biggest crook in nigeria, Armed robbers, kidnappers and 419ers are better than him, Atleast they work hard and take risks to earn their money.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by aribisala0(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
hadaydhollarpo:
[q2t b898bb8vhgguote author=aribisala0 post=62129788] What is wrong with poverty and so great about being rich in Christian teaching??
.Did Jesus advocate wealth? Was he rich?

every child of God has the power to claim riches in as much as it does not affect their relationship with God. The bible stated clearly by His stripes we were healed, He become poor as I may might be rich. These words are meant for those who believe and can claim it . It is biblical as long as it does not determine your relationship with God.
Funny

Continue claiming

Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Do you think he was rapping or doing stand up comedy?
Even BRT bus camel cannot enter not to talk of eye of needle
I await your programmed response that I should read that scripture with the spirit or similar redundant claptrap

Again Jesus admonished people about WHERE TO STORE their treasure .

The richest people are not Christians. The idea that somehow wealth is highly distributed among believers is hypocrisy
Most Christians are poor or are we to conclude that poor Christians are not good Christians

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Mysselff2: 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
Slaveman343:
See how you left your God and are worshipping a man.

May a mad he goat urinate in your mouth for that rubbish you just wrote
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Mysselff2: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
AutoReportNG:

I think Pastor Adeboye was not replying to Freeze. The OP just twisted the whole stuff, Pastor Adeboye was replying to a post of another fellow and not Freeze. The OP just twsited the whole thing to gain traffic

Where is the post of the fellow ??

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by XXLDICK(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
Osashalom:

You are very confused. God have mercy on you
Why do you say so?
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by XXLDICK(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
jstriker442:

I doff my hat for this. Where do you reside my friend, u need a cold bottle of anything you wish. Bless you
Thanks, Bro
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by SexyDenzel: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bunmiaji:
may God Almighty in his infinite mercy forgive you
Pray that God will break your chains from your slave masters called pastors dear, you are still asleep.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by XXLDICK(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
TCF1980:
Nice one there.

Going further away from Deutronomy, the Israelites went haywire and doing their things their own way without giving the 10% to the House of the Lord any longer afterward leading to the duties of the Levites being merchandised. Remember, Moses didn't include Aaron's household to own fields...

And it came to pass that people now summon the Levites (Priest) to conduct offering/sacrifices meant for the high places in their respective homes which was then against the laws but for the 'sake of man must wack', the priests succumbed as there was no food any longer in the house. Hence, Malachi's lamentation.

Secondly, Israel of old were agrarian society and most of their crops are annuals than perennials. If it were to be monthly harvests, perhaps, Deutronomy 14:25 - 26 must have been written to suit the situation...

Old testament is 99% Jewish Custom/tradition and their general wellbeing...

Thanks for the enlightenment, Bro
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
CampuChan:
Even his church members didn't believe the lies.

Adeboye didn't talk about owning fleets of aircraft, instead he lied about Daddyfreeze.
Daddyfreeze never said churches should use tithe money to buy alcohol.
His anger is towards billionaire Pastors. The ones who enjoy opulent lifestyles but tell their congregants their reward is in heaven.

Jesus Christ was not wearing gold shoes even though we knew he could. Jesus lived a simple life unlike our millionaire pastors.

Easier for a poor and repentant thief to enter into heaven than these multi millionaire pastors, their heaven is already here on earth.

They will tell you to donate half your salary promising you that God would repay you tenfold.

And I asked them: How much tithes did Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg Bill Gate pay to become so wealthy?
God would bless you if you obey him not if you pay tithes. Money means nothing to God.
epic
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
XXLDICK:
He was definitely not referring to Freeze because Freeze never made such statement.

One thing about this pastors is that they will never address this tithe issue once and for all, they will just keep beating around the bush

Every sane mind knows that tithing as a Christian is wrong

Modified: I just made a little research and Freeze made a comment similar to that and he was purposely quoted out of context by dubious Adeboye. I just lost more respect for the man.

And Freeze was right.

Deuteronomy 14: 25 and 26.

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
am rili learning
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by SexyDenzel: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
maximunimpact:
yahoo++ boys
Lol yes bro the biggest yahoo++ men of Nigeria under the name of pastors and priests.

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Macdawid(m): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This man is a blatant liar guilty of blasphemy

God asked him to listen.

The way these pastors call their intuition or conscience 'God' makes me sick

shocked How much more on point can I say u are shocked
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by gbemoh: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
He who the gods want to destroy, they make mad first.
The things of God are not what we debate on idly, let every man follow his/her own reprobate mind since we want to discuss issues that the ‘wise’ here have judged as Mr Freeze lectures them.

But I and my household would serve the living God. Giving to God from the blessings he has shown us.
Re: Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) by Smithcole70(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
#Freesheepy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.