Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,205 members, 7,853,114 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career (41161 Views)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by shugasdiary1(f): 1:18am On Nov 07, 2017
[I just wrote something about Overcoming Depression on abujagirlsjournal..com.
FitnessDoctor:
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don't want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

Marr said in a LinkedIn post

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”. Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent. “Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I'm the patient guy). Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/sleeping-late-night-kill-career.html

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by FitnessDoctor: 1:23am On Nov 07, 2017
Abbeywest:

No it won't send you to early grave I forbid that for you but it would send you to where you want to be in life and when you get there you can go early to bed. Don't mind that guy. We are all broke until we get to where we want to be in Life.

I think you should speak for yourself only, so many people can attest to how their lives changed when they started sleeping right, but you still refuse to understand.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by encryptjay(m): 1:32am On Nov 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

I think you should speak for yourself only, so many people can attest to how their lives changed when they started sleeping right, but you still refuse to understand.
So when do you plan to sleep?
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by goslowgoslow(m): 1:54am On Nov 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

Since bill gate, steve jobs etc no die

nothing dey happen

these are all lies
Na you lie pass, steve job don die. OLODO!!!
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by free2ryhme: 2:13am On Nov 07, 2017
goslowgoslow:

Na you lie pass, steve job don die. OLODO!!!

I am ashamed of your stupidity

Did lack of sleep killed Steve jobs career

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by FitnessDoctor: 2:24am On Nov 07, 2017
encryptjay:

So when do you plan to sleep?
from 3am I had a night shift yesterday and also today
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by encryptjay(m): 2:27am On Nov 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
from 3am I had a night shift yesterday and also today
Alright, Buenas noches doc.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by goslowgoslow(m): 2:58am On Nov 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

I am ashamed of your stupidity

Did lack of sleep killed Steve jobs career
You mother fucker! All you said was" Bill Gates and Steve Job did not die" Does that imply their job careers? Learn how to construct simple sentence.
OLODO!!!!
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by free2ryhme: 3:31am On Nov 07, 2017
goslowgoslow:

You mother fucker! All you said was" Bill Gates and Steve Job did not die" Does that imply their job careers? Learn how to construct simple sentence.
OLODO!!!!

calm down prodigal son i know say your papa disown you dey make you vex

shey u no dey understand pidgin english abi as your head no wan get sense

if you must quote me, quote the original content and not add or remove from it okponu

"Bill Gates and Steve Job etc no die" meaning their career no die

take that and calm down

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by chinuru22: 4:43am On Nov 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don't want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”. Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent. “Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I'm the patient guy). Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Nice,thanks.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by YOMICOLLINS007: 5:03am On Nov 07, 2017
Wow
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by pointstores(m): 5:21am On Nov 07, 2017
Rgood
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by NairalandSARS: 5:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Lol
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by NairalandSARS: 5:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by NairalandSARS: 5:44am On Nov 07, 2017
Nawa o.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by goldquakers(m): 6:11am On Nov 07, 2017
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Chukabiz1961(m): 6:17am On Nov 07, 2017
This is nothing but the truth.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by infogenius(m): 6:28am On Nov 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

So there you have it.

Thanks. Tell Bishop Oyedepo. He may not have gotten to where he is today if he had followed this lazy man's advice.
Sleep is good but it a tool for poverty generation.
I prefer to burn sleep to make my mark in this generation than to sleep and live in penury afterwards.
After all no one will forever but our contributions can live into several generations and possibly forever.
Thanks for the post.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

So there you have it.

SLEEPING WHEN YOU SHOULD BE WORKING IS BAD, WORKING WHEN YOU SHOULD BE SLEEPING IS WORSE....rafa9, 2017
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Dalyricz(m): 7:48am On Nov 07, 2017
pahen1991:
you also buy tbc?
no
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Habbatically: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2017
ojkalito:
Sleep is overrated
How is sleep overated?
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by MrBasketball: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2017
ojkalito:
do you guys derive pleasure insulting others on here? Why talk about my life when I never mentioned you
What do you derive in saying nonsense?
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by dabossman(m): 10:53am On Nov 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

Since bill gate, steve jobs etc no die

nothing dey happen

these are all lies

Er..., Steve Jobs don die. #justsaying
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by goslowgoslow(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

calm down prodigal son i know say your papa disown you dey make you vex

shey u no dey understand pidgin english abi as your head no wan get sense

if you must quote me, quote the original content and not add or remove from it okponu

"Bill Gates and Steve Job etc no die" meaning their career no die

take that and calm down

Hahahaha mumu dont change your words, it is obvious you are suffering from brain damage. You brain needs reset more than mine. You lost child of a sick mother.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 12:52am On May 31, 2019
Don't want to close my eyes I don't want to fall asleep Cause I'd miss you babe And I don't want to miss a thing Cause even when I dream of you The sweetest dream will never do I'd still miss you babe And I don't want to miss a thing. cheesy
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Neat animation. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey / What Your Poop Says About Your Health. / What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.