Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career (41146 Views)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by emmyN(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
You are right doc. I've had a little bit of experience. You may be in the middle of something and then you suddenly forget what you ought to do next and start racking your head. You may also find it difficult to concentrate
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Jarus(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
If you live in Nigeria and are reading this now,you are affected.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by userplainly(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
me weh dey sleep 2 hours at best, dah means my brain need micro_ soft upgrade...... rubbish! weh money noh dey sleep no go cum! infact wen money noh dey everything runs from you. families, friends, GIRLFRIENDS, even sleep won't like u again. unless u decided ur fate poverty den sleep wee be ur best friend n he wee be showing u all the range rover, jets n girls that he's flexing but u can't join him.....
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by jeffizy(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
I've never slept beyond 3a.m in the last 8yrs.
I discovered I can solve life issues during that period.
Although sometimes, my energy level dips around 1pm.

I wonder if insomnia is a condition or a description of some people's natural configuration.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
a hustler with lots of responsibilities does not worry about sleep...... how can u think of sleep when people are depending on you for everything........lets be real its only lazy and people with no responsibility who sleep long hours

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by MrBasketball: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
ojkalito:
Sleep is overrated
Everything is overrated to you. Tell us your life is overrated too.

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by maj59(m): 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
what about late night food
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by ojkalito(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
MrBasketball:
Everything is overrated to you. Tell us your life is overrated too.
do you guys derive pleasure insulting others on here? Why talk about my life when I never mentioned you

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by bestspoke: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
I'm going to bed bro...orders can wait.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Goxpawa: 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Deprive your sleep because of exam at the end , Nigeria go dey use you play
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Bills2307(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
still waiting for alawee o
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by FitnessDoctor: 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
PastorMB:
Wow. late night sleep contributes to stress...

Do you know that stress is good for you at a minimal rate, but can also kill you?

Click here to see how to reduce work related stress without spending money

BiafriaBushBoy you are trying to oleku my audience abi grin grin grin I will start hunting for your posts that hit frontpage.. You can tell me that it isn't you because your signature proves its you
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by emmybernard(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
No matter how ugly you are, once you have money, women will always find something cute on you like "Aww he has a cute shadow"
May God punish fake girls.���� ���

4 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Oluwaseyi00(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
As Beverly Hills will say, "There's no shortcut to anywhere worth going"

If you must truly make impact in life, succeed in your career and fulfil your destiny then you must be ready to part away with some things, which sleep is part of.
you need to deny yourself a times of sleep in other to break thru and to break new grounds...

If a billionaire man sleeps for Eight hours, and you say you want to surpass him, then reduce yours to four..

That's part of the price...

Let's make life worth living and you can sleep for all eternity aftermath...

#Love not sleep.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by ayamAgenius: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
Doesn't seem to apply to me. Awa body and brain dey different. I have always been nocturnal... And still get very efficient at work.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by PastorMB(m): 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

BiafriaBushBoy you are trying to oleku my audience abi grin grin grin I will start hunting for your posts that hit frontpage.. You can tell me that it isn't you because your signature proves its you

Ermm... *Lips sealed*

Under cover... *lol*

Mods are watching....

Signature explains all... Lol
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by akiOYIBO: 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
Austema:
In my village if you sleep early, you either a witch or a wizard
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by akiOYIBO: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
I work best and efficiently when under pressure or stressed up. I love being pushed to the wall. I like be out of my comfort. If I sleep well or eat well I wouldn't be efficient but when stressed up or pressured I deliver
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by SmartyPants(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
There is some truth to this.... These days I wake up feeling drained instead of rested...

Sets my mornings off on a sluggish note
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by lonelydora: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
But they said Dangote and Bill Gate hardly sleep at night
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by GreenLabCutie(f): 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
Check my profile please
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by SmartyPants(m): 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:
As Beverly Hills will say, "There's no shortcut to anywhere worth going"

If you must truly make impact in life, succeed in your career and fulfil your destiny then you must be ready to part away with some things, which sleep is part of.
you need to deny yourself a times of sleep in other to break thru and to break new grounds...

If a billionaire man sleeps for Eight hours, and you say you want to surpass him, then reduce yours to four..

That's part of the price...

Let's make life worth living and you can sleep for all eternity aftermath...

#Love not sleep.

There are things to sacrifice and things you don't sacrifice. If a billionaire sleeps 8 hours you have to ask yourself, why? Sleep os not a luxury, it is a necessity that increase your ability to function, to think, to focus, and to live longer.

Truth is if you sleep for eight hours you have 16 hours left to do what needs to be done. Like my boss used to say, if you cant get your tasks done in 16 hours you are inefficient.

Things to sacrifice are:

Movies
Football
Hanging out with friends
Sex
Parties

But at least from 11pm-6am bruv let nature take its course.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
clintonopah:
Thanks alot.
Also remind us
How sleeping Early would kill it faster sad

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LMFAO baddest, makes sense

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Josh44s(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
This thread is for employees who go to work around 5am- 9am. I go to my shop (mind u I have employees) 12pm-1pm after hustling TDB. _fuck salary jobs. It’s a death trap
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don't want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

Marr said in a LinkedIn post

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”. Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent. “Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I'm the patient guy). Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/sleeping-late-night-kill-career.html

If you dont sleep, You will surely die in a few years.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Abbeywest(m): 12:11am On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:
Sleeping late has almost destroyed me. I'm reducing that sh*t before it sends me to an early grave

No it won't send you to early grave I forbid that for you but it would send you to where you want to be in life and when you get there you can go early to bed. Don't mind that guy. We are all broke until we get to where we want to be in Life.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by trustibk(m): 12:22am On Nov 07, 2017
a
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Tolanizzy(m): 12:24am On Nov 07, 2017
undecided
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Rick9(m): 12:30am On Nov 07, 2017
All these shitz are getting too much, do this do that bla bla bla, pls its annoying.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Rick9(m): 12:31am On Nov 07, 2017
I sleep when I feel sleepy, abi I go force myself sleep ?
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2017
clintonopah:
Thanks alot.
Also remind us
How sleeping Early would kill it faster sad
Hahahaha grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moradeun Balogun Dies As Jolad Hospital, Gbagada Refuses Her Treatment / What Your Poop Says About Your Health. / What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.