Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? (9899 Views)

21 Things You Miss For Not Having Sex Before Marriage. / Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2010
Is not as if i have not dated before, but i just decided not to anymore. I just want to concentrate on my studies, and besides that i think am still young(20) and will have plenty of tym for relationships.
The problem is anytym i tell people this, they tend to look at me lyk is something bad. Some will even ask me if something is wrong with me. The truth is t's just my decision, So pls my fellow nlander is dere anything wrong with not having a bf? Cos i dnt see the big deal in it.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Tarmpa: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2010
There's nothing wrong in it my Dear,u're just 20,  Just concentrate on your studies & come out with flying colours ok,. Did u know what? U dont even have 2 tell people that u have no boy friend,afterall,u owe them no explanation.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by madlady(f): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2010
^^Total agree with you.

@Poster you have loads of time for a Boyfriend in the future.

Good luck with your studies. smiley
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by midaskid(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2010
Everything!!!
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by promkingzz(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2010
@poster, i agree with u on one level. Where i diagree with u is ur thinking that havin a boyfriend won't let u concentrate on ur studies. If u go fail, u go fail! If u'l make a 1st class, u'l mk it and evn ur chancellor can't stand in ur way. U're 20 and hav tym 4 boyfriends later, it'l b a beta xplanation 4u 2say u're not jst ready 4relationships and not pin it 2ur studies 4an excuse. And hey, dnt mind guys 4actin up wen u turn 'em down, boys will b boys, il probably act d same way, can't tel
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2010
promkingzz:

@poster, i agree with u on one level. Where i diagree with u is your thinking that havin a boyfriend won't let u concentrate on your studies. If u go fail, u go fail! If u'l make a 1st class, u'l mk it and evn your chancellor can't stand in your way. U're 20 and hav tym 4 boyfriends later, it'l b a beta xplanation 4u 2say u're not jst ready 4relationships and not pin it 2ur studies 4an excuse. And hey, dnt mind guys 4actin up wen u turn 'em down, boys will b boys, il probably act d same way, can't tel

its not mainly because of my studies. Its just one of the reasons i dnt wnt to hv a bf.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by googles: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2010
[size=13pt]aint nuffin wrong in that. . . . . . . . . i avent dated anyone for a year naw and am loving it
wat could be better than a life devoid of boys and the natural headache they come with huh cool
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by madlady(f): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]aint nuffin wrong in that. . . . . . . . . i avent dated anyone for a year naw and am loving it
wat could be better than a life devoid of boys and the natural headache they come with huh cool
[/size]

WORD
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by midaskid(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2010
Hi, I may b condemned here but I believe I have a point. @poster pls do not forget certain facts, you are 20 y.o. does not mean u are a baby anymore dont be deceived life no longer begins at 40 it now begins at 18! so lets do the maths, u guessed it, u are already 2 years in.In some countries you would have been a mother by now.  So lets look into the future. Do want to get married? OK, I guess that's yes. Having a boyfriend is only the beginning. You have to understand a guy and this takes time. If you are  lucky it may take years 4 u guys to be accustomed 2 each other. Believe me girl I have seen ladies get married at the age of 20. Its wise because I doubt if u will like a situation where ur kid will be just 20 and you 50. Its wise to get married early and remember u are a lady, remind me when menopause starts. Dont get facts wrong girl, I encourage u to have a boyfriend BUT YOU BOTH SHOULD EXERCISE DISCIPLINE AND RESTRAINT!.
Thats the key fact.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by googles: 10:54am On Mar 20, 2010
madlady:

WORD

grin grin

[size=13pt]sweet sugar. . . . . howdy kiss[/size]
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by madlady(f): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2010
googles:

grin grin

[size=13pt]sweet sugar. . . . . howdy kiss[/size]

kiss kiss kiss kiss   Morning sweetie pie. kiss kiss

@Poster  if your not ready for a boyfriend then let know one force you.

If it really bothers you then talk to you family members, they always have your best interests at heart.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2010
googles:

[/size]

i lyk this.

midaskid:

Hi, I may b condemned here but I believe I have a point. @poster pls do not forget certain facts, you are 20 y.o. does not mean u are a baby anymore dont be deceived life no longer begins at 40 it now begins at 18! so lets do the maths, u guessed it, u are already 2 years in.In some countries you would have been a mother by now.  So lets look into the future. Do want to get married? OK, I guess that's yes. Having a boyfriend is only the beginning. You have to understand a guy and this takes time. If you are  lucky it may take years 4 u guys to be accustomed 2 each other. Believe me girl I have seen ladies get married at the age of 20. Its wise because I doubt if u will like a situation where your kid will be just 20 and you 50. Its wise to get married early and remember u are a lady, remind me when menopause starts. Dont get facts wrong girl, I encourage u to have a boyfriend BUT YOU BOTH SHOULD EXERCISE DISCIPLINE AND RESTRAINT!.
Thats the key fact.

am not sayin i hvnt bin a relationship before, i have. But i just nid a break atleast for a year. Becos, i realised that since i left sec sch i hv always had a bf, a crush or smtin, So i just wnt to learn to be on my own 4 once, is not as if am neva goin to date again
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by MPEROR: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2010
have a bf but no sex is good with no sex you will be able to select which of the guys is real
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by honeric01(m): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2010
There's nothing wrong with that, just stick to your principle, if you don't want a BF now, fine, it's nice. A girl once told me she was not going to get into an relationship until she's in the Uni and she actually stuck to that and lo and behold it happened the way she planned it.

Plan your future and your future's remained planned.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by slap1(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2010
U "need a break for at least A YEAR"?Abeg commot, u no serious. And after d one year, wetin?
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by daduke2k(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2010
There nufin wrong it al depends on ur life style.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by promkingzz(m): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2010
slap1:

U "need a break for at least A YEAR"?Abeg commot, u no serious. And after d one year, wetin?
afta d 1year she'l bcome a wild orchid gone on rampage tryin 2cure her 1year accumulated konji! Lol!! Jst kidding. Abeg u guys shld leav dis babe o, don't confuse her. @poster, tk ur tym and do ur thing, its ur life. If u follow anybodys talk/thoughts, dat person won't b der 4u if anything goes wrong o! If dis issue really bugs u, d 1person ill recommend u talkin 2, d 1person dat wil definitely hav ur back, is ur mum. Ur older sis mayb, if u have 1. It depends on d level of reasoning and understanding dat xist btw u both. I discovered friends r easier 2confide in dan parents. Well, take ur tym aiight? Refuse 2get pushed into something u hav no ready plans for cos "wetin go be, go be"
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by saintneo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
kitlady02:

Is not as if i have not dated before, but i just decided not to anymore. I just want to concentrate on my studies, and besides that i think am still young(20) and will have plenty of tym for relationships.
The problem is anytym i tell people this, they tend to look at me lyk is something bad. Some will even ask me if something is wrong with me. The truth is t's just my decision, So pls my fellow nlander is dere anything wrong with not having a bf? Cos i dnt see the big deal in it.
@poster
you are complicating yourself

First your profile statement - Life's too short,so live everyday like its your last
Second your signature - Life is a teacher, the more you live the more you learn
Third your post -

make up ya mind lady, don't give in to peer pressure
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Dimka76(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
You probably have never met the right person yet. When you do , you will forget ur pledge to spinsterhood and tumble into his arms. If you meet ur mr right today, better grab him and hold him tight. He might not want to wait till ur are ready. On the other hand there are babes in their 40s who have been looking for ''mr right'' since their teens.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
@saintneo,
ur missin the point.
@slap1, ur opinion doesnt count.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by chukz4real(m): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2010
@Poster, there is nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend. Its a matter of choice and doesn't take anyfin away from you, rather it makes you concentrate more in your studies. I could remember vividly how I followed such decision up from 1998 to 2002 and it was fun.

Follow ur mind and don't be deceived.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
Dimka 76:

You probably have never met the right person yet. When you do , you will forget your pledge to spinsterhood and tumble into his arms. If you meet your mr right today, better grab him and hold him tight. He might not want to wait till your are ready. On the other hand THERE ARE BABE IN THEIR 4OS WHO BEEN LOOKING FOR "MR RIGHT" SINCE THEIR TEENS.

to the bolded,
i believe its nt finding the right person is being the right person. So sitting and waiting for "mr right" till am 40 will not happen to me.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Chykason(m): 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^follow your mind i say lady~!
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2010
Life waits for no one, no one is forcing you to get married or be with a by, but if you wanna settle down and have your kids early you better think twice

Mr right wont be waiting for long, not kidding
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by 77ken: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
concentrate on your studies it` a thing of the mind. when u ready u re ready
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
It's normal to want a boyfriend. However, you don't NEED one. It is not compulsory to date.
It's so much more stress in your life to have one. Don't care about what other people think.
Enjoy your youth and make friends and spend time with them. you WILL find someone someday.
You have to make yourself not care about it and make yourself focus on other stuff.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Pittbaby(f): 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2010
At 20 you do not NEED a boyfriend . If you HAVE one nothing wrong with it , just be careful about the intimacy commitments you make , you still have several years on this earth and you dont want to start accumulating numbers wink

No matter how much you guys think you love each other , chances are you will not marry each other
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by kitlady02(f): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2010
rokiatu:

It's normal to want a boyfriend. However, you don't NEED one. It is not compulsory to date.
It's so much more stress in your life to have one. Don't care about what other people think.
Enjoy your youth and make friends and spend time with them. you WILL find someone someday.
You have to make yourself not care about it and make yourself focus on other stuff.

THANK YOU very much.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by midaskid(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
@poster  !a break for a year! now u seem totally confused girl! Let me tell u something: No lady in this day and age should think of going into a relationship that tends to head nowhere. Look, you have just made it quite clear that you have not really been in a real relationship at all. Showing love or sharing it with the opposite sex is not foolishness neither is it weakness. If love was so bad why did our folks fall in love ? The important thing is that you need to be in a relationship with a future. You are 20 y.o now people will say stuff like

googles:

wat could be better than a life devoid of boys and the natural headache they come with huh  cool
[/size]

OR

madlady:

^^Total agree with you.

@Poster you have loads of time for a Boyfriend in the future.

Good luck with your studies. smiley

OR EVEN

Tarmpa:

There's nothing wrong in it my Dear,u're just 20,  Just concentrate on your studies & come out with flying colours ok,. Did u know what? U dont even have 2 tell people that u have no boy friend,afterall,u owe them no explanation.

Baby doll, I will tell u the truth 8 yrs time u are gonna b 28 and guess what! You guessed it u start running out of time(as a lady of course). Out of desperation many fail to make the right choice by then and end up with whats left. Dont b rigid about such things just be sensible becos what you may desperately be searching for then could have been possessed now.

And this stuff about a year break, who put that into your brain? When the year is over, what do you intend to do? Go wild, or start dating by numbers, you need a plan or you are gonna fail. Or would you date the first guy that toasts you next year? What about if the best guy that God has picked for you toasts you tonight? what will u do, turn him down?
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by omega25red(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
there is nothing wrong with it but are you still a social person? or are you nerding in out?

If a person doesn't date for a long time i wonder if by the time they decide to get back in the game they become socially inept or awkward
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Seun(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2010
[url=http://If a person doesn't date for a long time i wonder if by the time they decide to get back in the game they become socially inept or awkward]If a person doesn't date for a long time i wonder if by the time they decide to get back in the game they become socially inept or awkward[/url]
Men don't have a problem with that, really, as long as you still have boobs. But women? They want you to be like a television set or a personal Kanye West.
Re: What Is So Wrong About Not Having A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
midaskid:

@poster  !a break for a year! now u seem totally confused girl! Let me tell u something: No lady in this day and age should think of going into a relationship that tends to head nowhere. Look, you have just made it quite clear that you have not really been in a real relationship at all. Showing love or sharing it with the opposite gender is not foolishness neither is it weakness. If love was so bad why did our folks fall in love ? The important thing is that you need to be in a relationship with a future. You are 20 y.o now people will say stuff like

OR

OR EVEN

Baby doll, I will tell u the truth 8 yrs time u are gonna b 28 and guess what! You guessed it u start running out of time(as a lady of course). Out of desperation many fail to make the right choice by then and end up with whats left. Dont b rigid about such things just be sensible becos what you may desperately be searching for then could have been possessed now.

And this stuff about a year break, who put that into your brain? When the year is over, what do you intend to do? Go wild, or start dating by numbers, you need a plan or you are gonna fail. Or would you date the first guy that toasts you next year? What about if the best guy that God has picked for you toasts you tonight? what will u do, turn him down?

Poster is just confused, she will get over it

@Poster

I was already in a mans house @20, everybodys destiny is different, sm pple r meant for later, sm r meant for ASAP, its destiny, Even my mama wanted me to start dating @ age 23, even though she likes early marriage, but things turned around in a different light,and i ended up going early

Its your life, live it whichever way you like, but just dont forget to board the train before it leaves you

All the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Likes Suckling My Breast, I'm Afraid Of Saggy Boobs / Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic / Had Sex!with Ma Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.