Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? (667 Views)

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by VirtueDigest: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
A while ago, my husband brought up an interesting question: should you love your spouse more than your kids, or vice versa?

After a bit of discussion, we agreed – spouses should love each other more than their kids.
Now it goes without saying that love is immeasurable, and that at the end of the day, we do love our kids to the same extent as we love our spouse; and in a different way to how we love our spouse. I think it’s more a question of priority.

So why should a spouse get priority? Because your spouse is really the only person in the world that you choose in a mutually exclusive and committed manner – they’re the one person who is yours and only yours. We don’t choose the family we come from; and we don’t choose who our kids will be. We may choose our friends but they are not exclusively ours in the way that a spouse is.

Read more at: http://www.virtuedigest.com/love-spouse-kids/
Re: Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by Lalas247(f): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
No your kids should come first .....
A spouse can leave whenever they feel like , unconditional Love should only be reserved for your children cause no matter what we will love them ..

3 Likes

Re: Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by realitytopline: 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
Let's be realistic here....you can't actually love one more than the other. Remember one day we all grow old and those children today will start their own family tomorrow....then you will see the importance of your spouse or partner.....
As a man or woman, raise your family with a sense of balance amongst your spouse and children alike....

3 Likes

Re: Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by Chommieblaq(f): 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
We love them both in different kind of ways.
Let's not compare or contrast both Love.
When the kids are grown and no longer at home, it's your spouse that gives you companionship.
That companionship is everything!

2 Likes

Re: Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lalas247:
No your kids should come first .....
A spouse can leave whenever they feel like , unconditional Love should only be reserved for your children cause no matter what we will love them ..

I Concur ! Na who spouse epp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Love Your Spouse More Than Your Kids? by sisisioge: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
The heart is big enough for all, I think. No need to quantify.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

61 Years Later, Man Finally Finds Out Why Mum Abandoned Him In A Cinema Toilet / This Baby Needs Your Help!!! (photo) / Am In Love With My Best Friend Widow But The Family Dont Want To Approve.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.