Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27273 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Ovamboland(m): 9:54am On Nov 10, 2017
If Lagos is not Yorubaland why did Azikiwe who won legislative seat in Lagos went to Ibadan to contest for Western region Premiership seat?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 9:56am On Nov 10, 2017
Odingo1:
From the history Lagos cannot be said to be a Yoruba land rather some part of it is a yoruba land, [/b]that is why Oba of Lagos said lagos is not a yoruba land. [b],Anybody saying that the entire lagos is a yoruba land is just dumb.

oh you children of evil Biafra you evil plan to take over Lagos, will only consume you. keep dreaming and very soon you will be surprised by what will consume yall. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by oz4real83(m): 9:56am On Nov 10, 2017
designVATExcel:

Dude Zamfara & many other states have a population of little over 2 million.

Zones & states in Nigeria weren't created based on population, we all know that. If it were the case Lagos or Kaduna landmass would hold multiple states & Ekiti will not exist.

Kaduna has almost twice the land mass of Kano. If you follow history you'll realise that there's no correlation in Nigeria between population & landmass & zone / state creation.
if our past leaders who focused more on politics rather than true and quality governance used the wrong criteria in states creation,should every future govt continue like that all in the name of ''equity'' the same way they used federal character and quota system to propagate mediocrity instead meritocracy and quality? What we all true clamour for is true federalism and quality leadership,not more states. Even if u get more states in the south east,it will create an opportunity for more people like rochas,theodore orji and co to be leaders!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2017
Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom.

That's a fact the yorubas can never erase.

Thank you Oba Akinolu for saying the truth

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by designVATExcel: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2017
oz4real83:
if our past leaders who focused more on politics rather than true and quality governance used the wrong criteria in states creation,should every future govt continue like that all in the name of ''equity'' the same way they used federal character and quota system to propagate mediocrity instead meritocracy and quality? What we all true clamour for is true federalism and quality leadership,not more states. Even if u get more states in the south east,it will create an opportunity for more people like rochas,theodore orji and co to be leaders!

Please reread my first post I didn't advocate for more states, I adviced reducing the numbers of states in other zones, i.e. merging states.

I've never been in support of creating nonviable states.

Many states in the North East, West, South West are economically not viable. They can be merged.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by toye440: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Oye0404:
when its time, we'll separate d landlords from d tenants. I just laugh at fools who say Lagos is a no man's land, nd dis same people are clamouring for Biafra.
Until dey require visa to enter into Lagos, dey won't know who truly owns Eko State.
who told u they would require visa like u dont know them, wen it happens u will see CHUKWUDI converting to AYOMIDE. dey cant survive without d Yoruba's they know that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
eez Hanafi

http://punchng.com/lagos-part-of-yorubaland-says-okunnu/

Lagos belongs to Awori, Ilaje, Ijebu and Egun.

It's not part of Yoruba land, we already knew this long ago. Yorubas are just land grabbers. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheManOfTheYear: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Antoeni:
That's a lie ,the Edos Own Lagos .go back to history or better still ask the Oba of Lagos,he Confirmed it himself
wetin this one dey talk. You for kuku say Lagos dey Edo state
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Tunks2017(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

You made no point in this your rant
Calm your tits, for ur info I'm an Ijaw, and as long Lagos keeps benefiting from Niger delta Oil and one Nigeria, it will never be Yoruba land.

Lagos is a full blooded south west yoruba land, in Nigeria, in west Africa............. shocked
Lagos gov doesn't depend on Niger delta oil or wait for Abuja for allocation to develop ........., it is self sufficient and generates revenue from foreign investments, tax and other state institutions........ shocked
N deltans are the cause of thier problems and backwardness...............
Niger deltans should ask for thier alleged N delta oil money from thier governors, chiefs, james ibori, Alison D, NNPC, GEJ & co......... shocked
Lagos doesn't need your N Delta oil to move forward ➡ ...........
Besides there are some oil reserves discovered in Lagos grin
Hope the oil in N Delta even drys up so that everybody's eye will be clear & Nig can move to other means of generating revenue e.g solid minerals, cash crops......... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Kingspin(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2017
Texas is part of America...
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=IamLaura post=62239927]For those who did not read but decided to rush to comment,He was talking to the OBA OF LAGOS who said Lagos is not part of YorubaLand.[/quote

And Lagos is not part of Yoruba land. Lagos state belongs to Awori, Ilaje, Ijebu and Egun which are tribes that doesn't share anything with yorubas
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Oye0404:
when its time, we'll separate d landlords from d tenants. I just laugh at fools who say Lagos is a no man's land, nd dis same people are clamouring for Biafra.
Until dey require visa to enter into Lagos, dey won't know who truly owns Eko State.

Nope. Lagos belongs to Awori, Ilaje, Ijebu and Egun.

Eko means was camp in bini language.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2017
designVATExcel:
Ofcourse na, was anybody arguing otherwise?

The bone of contention is Kwara which should also be part of the south west, atleast the Kabba region.

Also the South East has only 5 States, my remedy to this would be reducing other zones to 5 rather than creating nonviable states.

Lagos is owned by Awori, Ilaje, Ijebu and Egun. The lagos oba said so himself. Stop forcing them to join u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

The history is very simple but you guys have decided to close your ears to the truth. I tell the truth as it is even if am Yoruba.

Aworis predominantly Fisher men are Decendants of Olofin who migrated from Ile-ife to that space called Eko, the Bini Empire only got into the history when they were invited by the locals to defend them against Dahomey invasion and constant raid.
Oba of Benin sent soldiers to protect them and the indigenes(Awori a Yoruba group) asked them to stay and rule over them. Prior to then, there was no established kingship so the Benin emissaries started the kingship and named it Eko(War Camp).

Benin people did not migrate to occupy Lagos just a few emissaries like Obanikoro.
Many generations down the line the Oba didn't bare a Son, so an indigene Awori had to marry his daughter and that was how the kingship returned to Aworis.

Oba Kosoko,Dosunmu,Oyekan,Akiolu are all Aworis not Benin.

You also have to understand that Lagos state is different from Lagos Colony the British used as the seat of administration. That Lagos Colony is what the Benin emissaries named Eko.

After amalgamation, part of the Western region was merged with the Lagos Colony to form Lagos State.

So Lagos is a Yoruba land because the Oba of Lagos himself is an Awori a Yoruba man.

Oba of Lagos is not the Oba of the entire Lagos he is the Oba of Lagos Island but if you are familiar with Lagos life they called Lagos Island "Lagos"cos that's where it all started from.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
eez Hanafi

http://punchng.com/lagos-part-of-yorubaland-says-okunnu/
The Oba has spoken.
Please respect and obey the elders of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2017
orisa37:
Lagos is Eko-Oduduwa-for-show.

Eko means war camp in bini language.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by africanman85: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2017
Edo and Igbo owns Lagos. Prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheManOfTheYear: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

I wanted to ignore you because you're too stupid to quote but then I decided to let you know that you're too stupid to quote
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Thank you Oba Akiolu for saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

The history is very simple but you guys have decided to close your ears to the truth. I tell the truth as it is even if am Yoruba.

Aworis predominantly Fisher men are Decendants of Olofin who migrated from Ile-ife to that space called Eko, the Bini Empire only got into the history when they were invited by the locals to defend them against Dahomey invasion and constant raid.
Oba of Benin sent soldiers to protect them and the indigenes(Awori a Yoruba group) asked them to stay and rule over them. Prior to then, there was no established kingship so the Benin emissaries started the kingship and named it Eko(War Camp).

Benin people did not migrate to occupy Lagos just a few emissaries like Obanikoro.
Many generations down the line the Oba didn't beat a Son so am indigene Awori had to marry his daughter and that was how the kingship returned to Aworis.

You also have to understand that Lagos state is different from Lagos Colony the British used as the seat of administration. That Lagos Colony is what the Benin emissaries named Eko.

After amalgamation, part of the Western region was merged with the Lagos Colony to form Lagos State.

So Lagos is a Yoruba land because the Oba of Lagos himself is an Awori a Yoruba man.

Oba of Lagos is not the Oba of the entire Lagos he is the Oba of Lagos Island but if you are familiar with Lagos life they called Lagos Island "Lagos"cos that's where it all started from.

No one is disputing the part of the aworis.. But say the truth as it is, the people of Benin were predominantly in Lagos. Even this professor stated it clearly that:

Delivering a lecture titled, ‘Let Lagos State Be,’ Okunnu argued that the common language spoken in Lagos had always been Yoruba, despite the large percentage of its people whose ancestral were Bini or Tapa

So, the aworis were there no doubt but majority of the populace were Benin.

The oba of Lagos should give more lecture on this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
I wanted to ignore you because you're too stupid to quote but then I decided to let you know that you're too stupid to quote

E pain am

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by walexsho(m): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2017
The Ads below this discussion should be amended
Maximum satisfication
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2017
I urge all my Yoruba brothers to leave Igbos let them feel good of themselves. The reality on ground shows its our land.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:
I urge all my Yoruba brothers to leave Igbos let them feel good of themselves. The reality on ground shows its our land.
grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by idu1(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
Na mumu man him be
you dey call elderly person mumu undecided
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

No one is disputing the part of the aworis.. But say the truth as it is, the people of Benin were predominantly in Lagos. Even this professor stated it clearly that:

The majority were never Benin. It was only the Benin soldiers invited to protect the Aworis against the Dahomey Warriors invasion.

The only place you can find Predominant Benin is in Edo land.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by IamLaura(f): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

No wonder Oba of Lagos want to throw yall into the Lagoon. You Ipob never tell the truth until you die. the only truth you'll hear is he is dead. very disgusting set of selfish, unpatriotic and wicked people the world has ever known. Lobatan.
Ignored.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Many generations down the line the Oba didn't bare a Son, so an indigene Awori had to marry his daughter and that was how the kingship returned to Aworis.

Tell them tell the rudderless developers and problem child of Nigeria the Biafrans that are pronounced no-do-gooders of the world. No wonder they are discountenanced as people of no significance by the UN high powered delegates visiting Biafra land of recent. The end they say, justifies the means. All that will become of the Biafra fish without they lagoon they really belong needs to be seen. Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

No wonder Oba of Lagos want to throw yall into the Lagoon. You Ipob never tell the truth until you die. the only truth you'll hear is he is dead. very disgusting set of selfish, unpatriotic and wicked people the world has ever known. Lobatan.
Lagos Lagos grin

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by akinszz: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

Nah them
no b emeka head be that
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

OK let's assume Benin owns Lagos Island. So is Benin the owner of other parts of the Western region which was merged with Eko to form Lagos State? Places like Lekki,Ajah,Ikorodu,Epe,Ipaja,Mushin, Yaba, Surulere,Ojuelegba, Isolo etc all with Yoruba names.

Please answer these question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by maj007(m): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

You are a nationalist

But I won't surrender I will not shy away when it comes to anything that affects the omoluabis.

Call me a tribalist

I agree

Our accommodative nature makes us look weak before the grabbers

If they respect us we also do

They disrespect and honor our leaders then we do

Its give and take

Firmly behind you.

Ungrateful "yamiri's" must know their place. Or else, lagoon straight................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State / Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.