Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today (9003 Views)

Bamidele Salam Challenges Fashola To 90-Day Road Travel Tour / 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by ArewaWatch: 6:42am On Nov 10, 2017
The China Gezhouba Group Company Limited (CGGC) has said it would soon launch the 3050 megawatts (mw) Mambilla Hydroelectric Project in Taraba state, just as the minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola would sign the project contract today at the ministry.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-OwWoeMDx0wg/WgU7e20ubKI/AAAAAAAABFU/Qag7VBHwN8oNW22UYCMxiQFsVZ52I1NkQCLcBGAs/s1600/fashola.jpg[/img]

The firm which is one of the contractors said in a statement that the project would improve the living standard of Nigerians and contribute to strengthening the ties between China and Nigeria.

The acting Director of Press (Power) at the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Mrs Etore Thomas yesterday confirmed that the project contract agreement would be signed with the stakeholders at the Power House, Maitama, Abuja.

In the statement, the Managing Director CGGC Global Projects Nigeria Limited (which is its branch in Nigeria), Mr Zhang Wei said the project which has been approved by the National Assembly is a twin version of the Chinese Three Gorges Hydroelectric Project.

Wei said on completion, the great part of electricity consumed by Nigeria will be provided by this project, and tremendously easing the current shortage of electricity in the country.

“The world-famous Three Gorges Hydroelectric Project, with an installed capacity of 23000MW, ranks first among all the hydropower stations in the planet, symbolizing the highly advanced construction skills of CGGC. With strong financing ability, CGGC have helped the clients to get more than 20 billion USD project funding,” Wei said.

He said the company has set up a limited branch in Nigeria and have been running since 10 years ago,” he said.

In Nigeria, CGGC said it has realized the Barro Port Project, Lagoon Channel Project and East Rail-line Rehabilitation Project, among other over 10 projects in Nigeria.

Source: http://arewawatch..com.ng/2017/11/mambilla-hydro-project-fashola-to-sign.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by checkedout: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2017
So dem never sign am since? Better than never sha

Up Fash

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola do quick oh...
Fashola ensure that the materials are superior to the three gorges in China.
Fashola enaure that the project conpletion happens next year.

3 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Aonkuuse(m): 6:58am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola we pray it is not a paper project

3 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by sarrki(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola weldone

You have shown an exemplary leadership in you

Shown the omoluabis in you

Ku ise omo odua rere

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by seunmsg(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2017
Finally, this project with the capacity to revolutionalize the power industry is about to take off. Fashola and Buhari have both shown serious commitment to the actualisation of this project and I really hope they can deliver it within the shortest time possible.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Nbote(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2017
I don't know if tym counts backwards or forward.
I hope it's not jus for reelection and campaign purposes.

Dis is from last year
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-3050-mambila-power-project-ready-in-5-years/168650.html

And den dis is 2months ago

http://energymixreport.com/mambilla-hydro-power-project-ready-6-years-perm-sec/

Spot d difference

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Felixalex(m): 9:39am On Nov 10, 2017
Been long I heard the name fashola

"...... Is not rocket science" grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Hades2016(m): 9:39am On Nov 10, 2017
And so ? Take for dia

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by BruncleZuma: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Can't wait for another leak.
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by oswaggiee(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2017
And we will still be be living in darkness
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Tolams16(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2017
Why i just no fit make FTC

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by sunshineV(f): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2017
So this wan is still alive
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by three: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2017
I saw Mambilla and was taken aback!

This goverment na wash!

Make beta rain fall, everytin go expose!

If you don't believe me ask Lekki peepu

Nbote:

Dis is from last year
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-3050-mambila-power-project-ready-in-5-years/168650.html

Spot d difference

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by obailala(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2017
Keneking:
Fashola do quick oh...
Fashola ensure that the materials are superior to the three gorges in China.
Fashola enaure that the project conpletion happens next year.
Hydro dams cant be built in a year, no matter how you fast track the project, it would take at least 5-6 years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 10, 2017
If only the british had disccovered oil in commercial quantities before our independence. Dem for grant us independence in 1980. Dem for don use d money develop the necessary infrastructure. Our leader past and current are all fools

11 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by elyte89: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola bin dey work o,not one overhyped Barth nnaji abi wetin b d name smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by phransix2: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2017
Pictures pls

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by lonelydora: 9:43am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola, i hope this won't be the last time we will hear about this mambilla project in the news?

Meanwhile, when are they employing?
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by asawanathegreat(m): 9:43am On Nov 10, 2017
Fashola again
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Dollabiz: 9:43am On Nov 10, 2017
Oh
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Abdul3391(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2017
story story!!!
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Activeman391(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2017
Oga Pls do this thing once and for all let's have night...darkness is crippling Nigeria's economy
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by paego: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2017
Good move
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by Ranchhoddas: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Tolams16:
Why i just no fit make FTC
Go to new topics and book your space. When it makes FP you will be FTC.

Na so dem they do am.
https://www.nairaland.com/topics

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2017
grin grin

three:
I saw Mambilla and was taken aback!

This goverment na wash!

Make beta rain fall, everytin go expose!

If you don't believe me ask Lekki peepu

Nbote:

Dis is from last year

Spot d difference

take

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by psalmsjob: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2017
yeyerolling:
If only the british had disccovered oil in commercial quantities before our independence. Dem for grant us independence in 1980. Dem for don use d money develop the necessary infrastructure. Our leader past and current are all fools

Yes fools hungry for powergrin

We were too young to be an independent nation as at 1960 that's why inspite of our potentials we're suffering and smilinggrin
Re: Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today by colossus91(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2017
fashola as scarce as nepa light!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Magodo Estate Invasion: Reps Summon IGP, Malami / Accord Party Candidate, Admiral Usman Jibrin, Votes At His Polling Unit / AFCON: Peter Obi Congratulates Super Eagles For Making It To The Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.