Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' (7726 Views)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by snowdrops(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
MuNeme:

Yea I did same thing not so long ago though it was just #10m
Story story. . . . . .

Besides why are you blowing your trumpet here?
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by GurusForum: 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
I love this article. He did a great thing. How many Nigerians will do such when our politicians are busy packing dollars to obodo oyibo.

Thumbs up Man!
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by busybody20: 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
MuNeme:

Yea I did same thing not so long ago though it was just #10m

10million cedis? undecided
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Bluhazel: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Yeah it will but lets not all feel like he was a hero,what was he doing with than kind of money at that age?
Chrisbenogor:

No be only, why did he keep it till he was 82? who is the man deceiving?
Na wah o grin
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by dazzy4real(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2010
Exactly my thoughts when I read it, who the man dey fool? grin

Y is it dat wen u do good pple will talk negatively do bad dey wil stil talk negatively dnt do at all dey wil talk, Am sure if dis man had donated dis money wen he waz much younger dey will say he is a thief where did he get dat kind of money? at dis age?
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by oluagness(m): 8:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
This man has done something great. Some wealthy people in naija will not care and will not help less previledge rather, they steal more and more of our money. Learn from this man.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by hackney(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
At least he's more honourable than most pastors eyeing up choir boys and girls.
Agents of satan in the churches.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by parki: 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
Not impressed at all. . . . . . . stil boils down to what nigerian r suffering from religion?

him donating the money doesnt make him a better person. . . you guys shud get it right God never said bring money and give me the way pastors av twisted the bible to make u blive so). . God doesnt need ur bloody money or ur material possessions this greedy pastors do. . .

God loves a cheerful giver. . . . . u can give as low as 1 kobo as long as u r happy giving it.

for the 480 pounds there are alot he shud av used it for . . . for damn bloody sake.

nigeria is not the best of place as it is. . . . shud av used it in someway to make a lot of miserable lives better. . .

sow in the lives of people. . . . build something. . . open up something. . . make electricity running. . . .
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by ReachRich(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
Givers never lack.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by ReachRich(m): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by mrkoma2012: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
Leaving all that amount of money to the church wont change how the money is expended
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by chidyke77(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
:.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by chidyke77(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Good frm d man.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by marocguy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Cool. This is just cool
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
its normal
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Arysexy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
promise made, promise kept thumbs up man!
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by mrperfect(m): 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
I Thank God for his life.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Soulstarr(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
To all the extremely daft people who've been questioning the man's motives and d fact that this only came to light when he was 82, if u read d article properly instead of doing the usual ITK, pull him down ,BS,, you'd know that d man didnt just start giving away money. Do some research b4 you shoot off your mouths. Read extracts articles below;

From the article u supposedly read:
"John Nugent, chairman of the Albert Gubay Charitable Foundation, said: “Albert is a very frugal man and has dedicated his life to good causes. "

From other sources:

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/education/mrgubays1mdonati.xml

Mr Gubay’s £1m Donation - New Opportunities for Isle of Man Students

"Students starting degrees at any of the world’s top ten universities can apply for a bursary. The bursaries are the result of the generous gift of one million pounds made by Mr Albert Gubay earlier this year for the advancement of sporting achievement and educational attainment by residents of the Isle of Man"

"In the 1980s, Gubay paid for a replacement church at the site of St Antony in Onchan, Isle of Man. The church was designed by Clayton/Massey, with local architect John Cryer responsible for the interior, and Gubay's suggestion of a window illustrating Christ walking on Douglas Bay by Chris Spittall as focal point.[14]  In 1990, Gubay paid for an extension to Our Lady of the Nativity church in Leixlip, County Kildare, in memory of his mother, Mary Clarke, a native of the area.

http://kildare.ie/Leixlip/places-of-interest/our-lady-nativity.asp
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by franctony(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
how i wish i could be this generous
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by utotomi50(m): 1:34am On Mar 23, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by utotomi50(m): 1:36am On Mar 23, 2010
That's one crazy man. Although crazy in a good way! grin

If it were me I would take like 3 or 4 million for myself then give the 400+ million away.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Mar 23, 2010
WOW !!! That is a man of integrity there if he really did it to fullfil his covenant with God. Great!!!
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by afiq(m): 2:36am On Mar 23, 2010
That was very thoughtful of him  smiley
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by ceasyc(f): 4:55am On Mar 23, 2010
Some1 wrote/typed dis --- "I only read the title. Where is the church located. If na 9ja church then na basket him put the money. Our so called 9ja men of God cant be trusted. Instead I will hand it over DIRECTLY to the less privilege"

The poster stated pounds sterling NOT naira
& d article says UK if am not wrong. so its obviously d UK.
i also thank God it's not in 9ja he did that, blimey that pastor
and his generations to come 4 no suffer again lai lai

utotomi50:

That's one crazy man. Although crazy in a good way! grin
If it were me I would take like 3 or 4 million for myself then give the 400+ million away.

according to d 1st post here, he kept 10 million pounds to himself
he aint crazy, just c’mon sense even if he didnt make a pact or whatever
he's 82 yrs old, if im die dem go bury d moni with am?

parki:

Not impressed at all. . . . . . . stil boils down to what nigerian r suffering from religion? for the 480 pounds there are alot he shud av used it for . . . for damn bloody sake. nigeria is not the best of place as it is. . . . shud av used it in someway to make a lot of miserable lives better. . .  sow in the lives of people. . . . build something. . . open up something. . . make electricity running. . . .

make electricity running in UK or 9ja?
electricity is gr8 in d UK already, if na 9ja then wetin concern am concern 9ja.
UK get many charities n less privileged peeps too

y r peeps finding fault in his actions or criticizing him? na wa oh
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by na2day2(m): 5:19am On Mar 23, 2010
this is a big lesson to all of us, most of us fight God over the same check we have and this baba is honest in keeping his promise. may God forgive those of us that have lied to God b4 including me embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by jossylad86(m): 6:15am On Mar 23, 2010
Am going on my knees to made a deal with God too.
God is faithful.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by na2day2(m): 7:53am On Mar 23, 2010
jossylad86:

Am going on my knees to made a deal with God too.
God is faithful.

he is, no joke! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Enigma(m): 7:59am On Mar 23, 2010
Soulstarr:

To all the extremely daft people who've been questioning the man's motives and d fact that this only came to light when he was 82, if u read d article properly instead of doing the usual ITK, pull him down ,BS,, you'd know that d man didnt just start giving away money. Do some research b4 you shoot off your mouths. Read extracts articles below;

From the article u supposedly read:
"John Nugent, chairman of the Albert Gubay Charitable Foundation, said: “Albert is a very frugal man and has dedicated his life to good causes. "

From other sources:

Mr Gubay’s £1m Donation - New Opportunities for Isle of Man Students

"Students starting degrees at any of the world’s top ten universities can apply for a bursary. The bursaries are the result of the generous gift of one million pounds made by Mr Albert Gubay earlier this year for the advancement of sporting achievement and educational attainment by residents of the Isle of Man"

"In the 1980s, Gubay paid for a replacement church at the site of St Antony in Onchan, Isle of Man. The church was designed by Clayton/Massey, with local architect John Cryer responsible for the interior, and Gubay's suggestion of a window illustrating Christ walking on Douglas Bay by Chris Spittall as focal point.[14]  In 1990, Gubay paid for an extension to Our Lady of the Nativity church in Leixlip, County Kildare, in memory of his mother, Mary Clarke, a native of the area.

http://kildare.ie/Leixlip/places-of-interest/our-lady-nativity.asp

Thank you very much Soulstarr; I meant to do a post very similar to this yesterday.   smiley
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Kaystick(m): 8:56am On Mar 23, 2010
that guy try oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.i dont think this can happen in this our naija.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by lordizak(m): 9:05am On Mar 23, 2010
glory to god.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by sirt1(m): 9:42am On Mar 23, 2010
That's great.

I also made such covenant/pact with God sometimes ago.

Lord give me grace to fulfill it.
Re: Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' by Pamperme: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2010
parki:

Not impressed at all. . . . . . . stil boils down to what nigerian r suffering from religion?

him donating the money doesnt make him a better person. . . you guys shud get it right God never said bring money and give me the way pastors av twisted the bible to make u blive so). . God doesnt need your bloody money or your material possessions this greedy pastors do. . .

God loves a cheerful giver. . . . . u can give as low as 1 kobo as long as u r happy giving it.

for the 480 pounds there are alot he shud av used it for . . . for damn bloody sake.

nigeria is not the best of place as it is. . . . shud av used it in someway to make a lot of miserable lives better. . .

sow in the lives of people. . . . build something. . . open up something. . . make electricity running. . . .

Oga, if to say u read d story well, dem talk say na 4 UK the thing happen no b for 9ja and na pounds im give no be naira uhn! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Majek Fashek A Prophet / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / The Problem With Religion, Including Science.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.