Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,017 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Why Do Parents Force Their Daughters To Marry Men Of Their Own Choice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Parents Force Their Daughters To Marry Men Of Their Own Choice? (621 Views)

Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All / Why Do Nigerians Tends To Force Their Candidates And Party On Someone... / Why Women Date And Marry Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Force Their Daughters To Marry Men Of Their Own Choice? by amakoro(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
It may interest you to know that match making/selection of spouses for the female is going on in our society, especially in Nigeria. African parent still holding on to this aged long tradition even in this 21st century. Why is this act still doing this, even with the level of education or information? Why are parent not confident with the choices their daughters make towards marriage compare to that of their male counterpart?

The conservative nature of our society gives no room or rather placed harsh limitation on the girl child, restricting her and not making her voice heard.

Marriage is an agreed union entered by two consensual individuals. If that is the case why do parents still restrict their daughter from chosen their man?

With that background, I decided to ask few questions, from the answers I got, I can say there three (3) main reasons Parent force their daughters to marry men of their own choice.

RELIGION: Religion is the biggest reason lots of parents stop their daughters from marrying men of their choice, but rather chooses for them who to marry. A typical Muslim family will hardly give out their daughter to the other faith, even if their daughter is in love with such a person. In a severe case the girl might be killed if she persists and stubbornly defiled her parent instructions.

Continue here>>https://amarachia..com/2017/11/why-parents-force-their-daughters-to-marry-men-of-their-own.html

Re: Why Do Parents Force Their Daughters To Marry Men Of Their Own Choice? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
It's the best decision

(1) (Reply)

Did I Do Any Wrong? / PHOTOS: Cross Dresser, Josh Shares New Topless Beach Photos / aaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.