Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas (36432 Views)

Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' Complains Of $35,000 Billing From Fans (Video)) / Portable Complains Of Cold In London (Photos, Video) / Moyo Lawal Pierces Her Mouth, Complains Of Swelling (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by apholaryn: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:
She knows nothing about business.
A percentage of every 'overhead cost' must be represented in the cost of that coke. That's how to remain in business... angry
shhhh...Miss know all, like d extortion is cool right?

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2017
apholaryn:
shhhh...Miss know all, like d extortion is cool right?

I just told a simple way businesses determine their selling price, you're talking trash. Go read more online. Extortion indeed...

5 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by femi4: 10:58am On Nov 11, 2017
MissAprokoMedia:
@ Lalasticlala why should Mineral be sold at N300?
Which of the mineral resources

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by emerged01(m): 10:59am On Nov 11, 2017
You complained because you use your money buy am this time.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by goldedprince: 11:01am On Nov 11, 2017
adaksbullet:
While are telled us? undecided I'm I the person that his sent u too go and wash cenema? undecided undecided undecided

Broke ppls his think his haved idea undecided undecided undecided

We that used too buyed coke for 5k, are we do complaint too u Kate ensure? undecided
Lol dafork
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by apholaryn: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:

I just told a simple way businesses determine their selling price, you're talking trash. Go read more online. Extortion indeed...
you are one of the major problems in the world today, keep your online business orientation to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by goldedprince: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2017
Stupid olosho, why does she charge high for same acting that mama nkechi can act for 100k? Why dosnt the charge same

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2017
apholaryn:
you are one of the major problems in the world today, keep your online business orientation to yourself.

Online business orientation indeed.
This is why lots of businesses in Nigeria crash. Go manage that business for 1mth, sell at 150...since you're a philanthropist, let's see if you won't struggle to pay your rent soonest. Then crash...

So they should sell 150?
Road side hawkers sell 120.
Some shops sell 150.
This are people with little running cost.
You expect a cinema to sell how much?

You better don't start business with this your understanding of cost grin Grab a book dear, read how to determine price per unit.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by sukkot: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Einl:
Try buying drinks and snacks at a cinema here in London.����
You'll understand that Nigeria is cheap.
lmao 15 pounds at least. thats like 7500 naira. these ones are complaining about 300 naira. yeye dey smell

5 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by mofedamijo(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

People like you are the problem of this country

Paying excesssively for something that doesn’t worth it is madness.

So because am at Eko Hotels, a bottle of water that we all know is N50 should be sold for N500; same content same quality. Come on grow up bro. There are other things you can do with your hard earned money, not contributing it to the capitalist wealth.

An 100% increment should be the maximum limit, max of N100 for same bottle sold for N50.
Nope thats how it is all over the world,you pay more for luxury.....its not just a Nigerian thing,its global,buy a plate of food inside any airport around the world and u will wish u waited outside,its normal,you think a bottle of drink in BURJ KHALIFA will be same as buying from a grocery store in sharjah....Naaaa...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2017
It is everywhere... grin that is how they make their money. smiley

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by newoffer: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
I am married to this lady in the spirit world!
Your own beta ooo. Spirit world.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by goldedprince: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2017
Plasmbob1:

So the a.c is what makes the price N300 I instead of N100?
Why is her acting price higher then other actress.
Since she expects it to be same, why can't she also charge same amount for acting

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Kobicove(m): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2017
yeyerolling:
Person go dey patrol instagram and twitter to celebs posts and thinks he/she is a blogger. Smh

grin
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by albacete(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2017
That's how it should be. You don't expect their prices to be the same with mama Nkechi's.

Me wey go Spar go price laptop battery dem say na 15k. Na d same leg I take go Garrison buy am 7k.

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 11, 2017
You are paying for the experience... understand that. A bottle of water in a nice environment like a Cinema or a 4 star hotel is different from a road side kiosk... they are two completely different things... they cannot ask you to pay for the AC, nice environment, beautiful chairs, Satellite TV (you would be watching), polite nature of the staff etc. The only thing they can do is triple or quadruple the price of a bottle of water.

If you are really thirsty, buy your bottle of water at a kiosk, but if you want to enjoy lovely experience buy your bottle of water in a Cinema or a 4 star hotel like Eko Hotels.

yinchar:

So because am at Eko Hotels, a bottle of water that we all know is N50 should be sold for N500; same content same quality. Come on grow up bro. There are other things you can do with your hard earned money, not contributing it to the capitalist wealth.

An 100% increment should be the maximum limit, max of N100 for same bottle sold for N50.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by sukkot: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
nigerians want to live london lifestyle but pay ajegunle prices for it. kate henshaw needs to be slapped. this why we can never get development in africa, cuz people are not willing to pay for it. they want development for free. they want nigeria to turn to london without paying for it. where they do that at ? you either enjoy your under-development and the tiny amount you pay to maintain it or if you want london in nigeria get ready to be taxed heavily to maintain it. daz how it is. america and london is the way it is because the people there are dying heavily under oppressive taxes. shyttt they just lock up wesley snipes for 3 years in prison the other day because he did not pay 3 million dollars in taxes

7 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by alan056: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
adaksbullet:
While are telled us? undecided I'm I the person that his sent u too go and wash cenema? undecided undecided undecided

Broke ppls his think his haved idea undecided undecided undecided

We that used too buyed coke for 5k, are we do complaint too u Kate ensure? undecided

What is this one saying??
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

Well, this 'problem' is NOT exclusive to this country.

Do you get to live in Los Angeles at the same amount to get to live in one subregion in Texas?
This life is not fair bro

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by HyDef(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:
She knows nothing about business.
A percentage of every 'overhead cost' must be represented in the cost of that coke. That's how to remain in business... angry

Exactly.

Theaters make less money off tickets than people think. So it comes down to making profit off concessions to keep afloat.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by psammyCUTE(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Please help me click on the link in support of my friend, as she bids to become FACE OF YABATECH HEROES

please LIKE the page YABATECH HEROES AWARDS BY GREAT THINKERS CLUB first to ensure that the LIKES are valid

Then hit LIKE for MARTINS ANU B. on her photo....she's a light skinned, good looking young lady!

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=813889375482738&id=4817966720253%2As-R

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation and response
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2017
This Buhari government.and hardship sef embarassed
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by alan056: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2017
JoeyBlack:
You are paying for the experience... understand that. A bottle of water in a nice environment like a Cinema or a 4 star hotel is different from a road side kiosk... they are two completely different things... they cannot ask you to pay for the AC, nice environment, beautiful chairs, Satellite TV (you would be watching), polite nature of the staff etc. The only thing they can do is triple or quadruple the price of a bottle of water.

If you are really thirsty, buy your bottle of water at a kiosk, but if you want to enjoy lovely experience buy your bottle of water in a Cinema or a 4 star hotel like Eko Hotels.

With what you've said, it is so sure you've never been outside the country (the US in particular) Do you have any idea how much they sell burger or hotdogs? It is really cheap there! An average American can afford stuff like that. But here in Nigeria, go and buy burger... You can't even see less than 1k, why?!
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 11:17am On Nov 11, 2017
HyDef:

Exactly.

Theaters make less money off tickets than people think. So it comes down to making profit off concessions to keep afloat.

Leave all the people running mouth.
They've obviously never run a business. Even CocaCola added all their manufacturing cost in every single unit they sold. Nigerians don't ever love to pay for anything, they will ruin your business with credit if you let them grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by apholaryn: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Online business orientation indeed.
This is why lots of businesses in Nigeria crash. Go manage that business for 1mth, sell at 150...since you're a philanthropist, let's see if you won't struggle to pay your rent soonest. Then crash...

So they should see how much 150?
Road side hawkers sell 120.
Some shops sell 150.
This are people with little running cost.
You expect a cinema to sell how much?

You better don't start business with this your understanding of cost grin Grab a book dear, read how to determine price per unit.

well you have a point though but still, cinema concessions are a rip-off. it's just the fact!

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2017
lol but dont you guys pay more than that when you buy drinks outside the country?
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by FrankGiel: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

Brov, its not a Nigerian problem, its simple economics... It's a global thing.. The cost of same quality of food and drinks at the Burj All Arab is not the same as the cost of exactly the same food at Eko Hotel. FYI they are both international hotels..

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by maj59(m): 11:21am On Nov 11, 2017
kate I no nor say he don still reach ur side o
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2017
You are obviously NOT smart!

Go and compare the price of drinks and snacks in a Cinema (movies) with the price of drinks and snacks from a grocery shop or a vending machine in USA, Canada and Europe and you would get the logic I was trying to point out.

We are talking about price of snacks and drinks in Cinema or a 5 star hotel versus in a regular shop and you are making reference to the price of burger and hotdogs in USA as against Nigeria...

Even in USA, the price of drinks and snacks in a Cinema is 3 or 4 times the regular price in grocery stores or vending machines!

If we want to get technical about it, the price of Burger in USA ranges between $4.39 - $6.69, convert that to Naira and that is ₦1562.84 - ₦2381.64... Guess what Chicken Burger in Barcelos in Lagos here is ₦1,200!

Please stay off my mention, you were not the one I quoted with my initial comment.

alan056:

With what you've said, it is so sure you've never been outside the country (the US in particular) Do you have any idea how much they sell burger or hotdogs? It is really cheap there! An average American can afford stuff like that. But here in Nigeria, go and buy burger... You can't even see less than 1k, why?!

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by dabossman(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Mama Iyabo wey dey sell for 150 no get packaging.

Do you want Eko Hotels to sell a bottle of water for 50 naira?

For you to be in such places, it means you've got extra money to spend.

Well, this 'problem' is NOT exclusive to this country.

Do you get to live in Los Angeles or metropolitan New York at the same amount to get to live in one subregion in Texas?
This life is not fair bro

While I get your point, a lot of things are overpriced in Nigeria; especially basic things that we attach some pseudo class to in this country. When you compare prices here with those abroad sometimes, you just wonder.

However, the business owners are not entirely to blame. The cost of running their establishment makes it that way. Power supply is one key factor. Nigeria is a difficult place to live in and do business.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by alan056: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2017
JoeyBlack:
You are obviously NOT smart!

Go and compare the price of drinks and snacks in a Cinema (movies) with the price of drinks and snacks from a grocery shop or a vending machine in USA, Canada and Europe and you would get the logic I was trying to point out.

We are talking about price of snacks and drinks in Cinema or a 5 star hotel versus in a regular shop and you are making reference to the price of burger and hotdogs in USA as against Nigeria...

If we want to get technical about it, the price of Burger in USA ranges between $4.39 - $6.69, convert that to Naira and that is ₦1562.84 - ₦2381.64... Guess what Chicken Burger in Barcelos in Lagos here is ₦1,200!

Please stay off my mention, you were not the one I quoted with my initial comment.

I laugh at your stupidity. How dare you attack me? This same 1,200 you're shouting about. How much was it few years ago, when dollar was 160naira to 1dollar? My argument here is for us(nigerians) to pray for good leaders

Ode Omo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Leaves G-worldwide, Launches “FLY BOY I.N.C” His Own Record Label / Tchidi Chikere's Birthday Party By Nuella Njubigbo (Photos) / Dayo Amusa's Denim Jean To A TV Show With Mercy Aigbe Got Fans Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.