Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas (36434 Views)

Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' Complains Of $35,000 Billing From Fans (Video)) / Portable Complains Of Cold In London (Photos, Video) / Moyo Lawal Pierces Her Mouth, Complains Of Swelling (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by queenfav(f): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:

...but you run a hair business too and I believe you factor in your expenses. I am sure one or two customers would have told you they know a market in Lagos where they can buy it cheaper lipsrsealed

Has that made you start selling at an 'unfavourable' price?
They should add their expenses to the movie ticket.It's bizzare when you know you are actually being ripped off. Come on, coke is sold in traffic for 120 sef. So what's the point saying movie ticket is 600 when it actually costs more? As for my business majority of my clients are lagos based, some stay close to Balogun market. They patronize me because I import good quality 100% Human hair directly from the factory, and they know my prices are very affordable for the quality i sell. I encourage them sef to try buying from Lagos markets, na on top d person head d weave go start to tangle,finally turn to sponge. My costs are factored in, and clients have the freewill to compare prices so they know they are getting a good deal from me. I stand with Kate because I hustle for my money, can't be paying times two for a commodity that's sold everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Ebonka1: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
True talk
yinchar:

People like you are the problem of this country

Paying excesssively for something that doesn’t worth it is madness.

So because am at Eko Hotels, a bottle of water that we all know is N50 should be sold for N500; same content same quality. Come on grow up bro. There are other things you can do with your hard earned money, not contributing it to the capitalist wealth.

An 100% increment should be the maximum limit, max of N100 for same bottle sold for N50.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Shhhh01(f): 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
MissAprokoMedia:
So minutes ago Nollywood Actress,Kate Henshaw took to Instagram to share a short video and for some reasons she complained about how expensive Minerals (drinks) are sold at Cinema,it really got to her when one of the staffs there told her a plastic bottle of Coke was N300, Damn N300? Its as if they are adding the expenses used in running the Cinema to the price of the Mineral.

However, the already made actress did not make it seem like the drink was too expensive but she basically told them:

“So this is how you guys sale drinks here? Its alright,Its alright,next time I will come with my own mineral”
Further more,the Actress went on express that buying drinks at cinema wasnt a big deal (Although it is to some people) she wrote:

“Having a laugh with the girls behind the counter..

Here to watch THE MOVIE Couple’s Award at Filmhouse Surulere….������”

Source: https://joelsblog.com.ng/kate-henshaw-complains-of-how-expensive-minerals-are-sold-in-cinema-lol/
old mama u r no longer relevant, stop acting like a child. BUY DSTV EXPLORER and watch all dese new films on it. IDIOTA.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by okito: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Truth is cost of business in Nigeria is extremely high. As long as we continue to have epileptic power supply, prices of items like these will be high at cinemas. An average hotel in VI is more expensive than comparative one in Dubai!
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
queenfav:
They should add their expenses to the movie ticket.It's bizzare when you know you are actually being ripped off. Come on, coke is sold in traffic for 120 sef. So what's the point saying movie ticket is 600 when it actually costs more? As for my business majority of my clients are lagos based, some stay close to Balogun market. They patronize me because I import good quality 100% Human hair directly from the factory, and they know my prices are very affordable for the quality i sell. I encourage them sef to try buying from Lagos markets, na on top d person head d weave go start to tangle,finally turn to sponge. My costs are factored in, and clients have the freewill to compare prices so they know they are getting a good deal from me. I stand with Kate because I hustle for my money, can't be paying times two for a commodity that's sold everywhere!

So, it's you that'll tell them where and how to include their expenses in their prices? Doesn't this cost extend to the drinks?

There are definitely people that sell cheaper than you dear. You don't have to refrigerate your hair, you seem to sell yourself from your home. I don't think you pay so many taxes and levies on your biz. If you had a shop in the cinema, you would definitely sell higher than it's sold everywhere! And people like Kate who hustled for their money will be expected to buy from you...

Clients have the freewill to boycott the business cheesy
Your comparison won't keep them afloat.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Chemstar: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
This isn't funny at all. It happened to me too sometime earlier this year when I met a lady at a popular cinema in Ibadan close to UI area. I ordered for two bottles of sweppes while we sat at their lounge. When we were done, I brought out #500 note to give the attendant with the hope that I would have a balance of #100 at least. I could not very well hide my shock when the lady told me my money is #1000 for the two bottles.
I swear if not that we've opened the bottles I might have asked her to return them.
I was like WTF!!! A bottle of sweppes that goes for at most #150 outside it's been sold for #500 .
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Bullhari007(m): 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
is this the problem the masses are facing Ndia self TUFIAKWA
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
In Cinemas they need to have electricity for roughly 16 hours a day... this is a big running cost. In Salons, the manager can adjust a bit, when there are no customers she can switch off the generator... this is just one reason why their overhead cost is higher than regular businesses.

queenfav:
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by paradigmshift(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
kamatofeelz:
hmmmm....i go tell okiemute nd Do good...
Oh I miss Abroad
oh I miss abroad.
that series funny en damn.
I no know why e no dey YouTube..
any link to watch am online
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
alan056:

With what you've said, it is so sure you've never been outside the country (the US in particular) Do you have any idea how much they sell burger or hotdogs? It is really cheap there! An average American can afford stuff like that. But here in Nigeria, go and buy burger... You can't even see less than 1k, why?!
most of you guys that knows nothing go just open una mouth they talk nonsense. How much is a burger sold in burger king in NY,now convert it to naira,and you will see that you know nothing about what you are talking about
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
JoeyBlack:
You are obviously NOT smart!

Go and compare the price of drinks and snacks in a Cinema (movies) with the price of drinks and snacks from a grocery shop or a vending machine in USA, Canada and Europe and you would get the logic I was trying to point out.

We are talking about price of snacks and drinks in Cinema or a 5 star hotel versus in a regular shop and you are making reference to the price of burger and hotdogs in USA as against Nigeria...

Even in USA, the price of drinks and snacks in a Cinema is 3 or 4 times the regular price in grocery stores or vending machines!

If we want to get technical about it, the price of Burger in USA ranges between $4.39 - $6.69, convert that to Naira and that is ₦1562.84 - ₦2381.64... Guess what Chicken Burger in Barcelos in Lagos here is ₦1,200!

Please stay off my mention, you were not the one I quoted with my initial comment.

the guy is so daft,I love how you flogged him with fact.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Sterope(f): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
They gain little on movie tickets. The money goes to those who own the movie. Why don't you look at the cost of owning and managing a cinema? Consider the rent of such location, the expensive appliances, the employees salary, the cost of maintenance, the need to make profit and that the cinema is not always packed full of people.

queenfav:

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Sterope:
They gain little on movie tickets. The money goes to those who own the movie. Why don't you look at the cost of owning and managing a cinema? Consider the rent of such location, the expensive appliances, the employees salary, the cost of maintenance, the need to make profit and that the cinema is not always packed full of people.

Tell me something! I thought they buy the right to air those movies, and make as much as they want from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by emmyN(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
She should learn how to spell and punctuate correctly.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Sterope(f): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
They don't. When you pay for a ticket, most of it goes to the owners not to the cinema.

pocohantas:

Tell me something! I thought they buy the right to air those movies, and make as much as they want from it.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by shaibu123: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's been a long time she was on the news,so any headline can do
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Revolva(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
wetin concern her
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by bigtt76(f): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
What is mineral? Is that Iron Ore, Tin like? cheesy grin Nigerians with giving names upandan tongue Soft drinks or Soda still better undecided
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by nedu2000(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Einl:
Try buying drinks and snacks at a cinema here in London.����
You'll understand that Nigeria is cheap.
minimum wage in the Uk is about N400,000/month,Nigeria's is N18,000.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Don't mind that guy called alan056 ... he is just a Local Chicken that doesn't know anything ... grin

BabaOwen:
most of you guys that knows nothing go just open una mouth they talk nonsense. How much is a burger sold in burger king in NY,now convert it to naira,and you will see that you know nothing about what you are talking about

alan056:
With what you've said, it is so sure you've never been outside the country (the US in particular) Do you have any idea how much they sell burger or hotdogs? It is really cheap there! An average American can afford stuff like that. But here in Nigeria, go and buy burger... You can't even see less than 1k, why?!
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
sukkot:
lmao 15 pounds at least. thats like 7500 naira. these ones are complaining about 300 naira. yeye dey smell

Don't know why he saw who must have watched movies in uk/Yankee is forming aproko. Cinema food is expensive everywhere.

Nigerians even adults have a childish entitlement mentality. See the dstv/tstv brouhaha. To hear most Nigerians say it dstv should show its channels for free

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by sukkot: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
oyb:

Don't know why he saw who must have watched movies in uk/Yankee is forming aproko. Cinema food is expensive everywhere.

Nigerians even adults have a childish entitlement mentality. See the dstv/tstv brouhaha. To hear most Nigerians say it dstv should show its channels for free
exactly bro. the two bolded are solid points. i think black people as a whole have an entitlement mentality but it is worse amongst nigerians. must be something in the water lmao. like you said cinema food being expensive applies all over the world. they have overhead costs and rent and salary to pay and they must make profit too. and the environment is nice and cosy and must be maintained. it is what it is
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by ebiem(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
sorry dear, na Naija abused mentality
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by nkemjacob2(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
I love Kate of her simplicity... If it is other celeb, dem go dey form useless big boys and girls
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by barcaboi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Why is she complaining? No be dem cause am? If people go buy pirated CD for 100 for Alaba who will have time to go to the cinema and watch movies for 1,500? angry
does this make sense
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by barcaboi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Sunnycliff:
But no one mandates you to buy the coke from the cinema sellers
you are mandated since you are not allowed to take drinks or any meal that's not aold by the cinema
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
pocohantas:
She knows nothing about business.
A percentage of every 'overhead cost' must be represented in the cost of that coke. That's how to remain in business... angry
you smart......
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by overboard(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
femi4:
Which of the mineral resources
Thank you jare; 'soft drinks'.
No concession at the concession stand. Same in Brazil, UK, US, SA...
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Henry213: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=adaksbullet post=62275824]While are telled us? undecided I'm I the person that his sent u too go and wash cenema? undecided undecided undecided

Broke ppls his think his haved idea undecided undecided undecided

We that used too buyed coke for 5k, are we do complaint too u Kate ensure? :-guy you need a brighter grammar
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Einl(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
nedu2000:
minimum wage in the Uk is about N400,000/month,Nigeria's is N18,000.

Where did u get your figures from? That is absolutely false. I live in London. I was born here. And there is no such thing as a monthly minimum wage. Get your facts right before arguing.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Einl(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
sukkot:
dalston kingsland lmao. thats good area to get naija food bruv. you cant even miss naija if you live in dalston. yeah forget london taxis. its all about the tube and night bus mate. i miss london but i cant live there anymore. too congested

Dalston is where u can get any Nigerian food. But it's dead now. They've changed the market and white people live here now. It's just full of coffee shops and artists. I miss my Dalston.

Where do you live now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinsel Star Gbenro Ajibade Proposes To Osas Ighodaro-Photo / Eucharia Anunobi Slams General Overseers / Dayo Amusa's Denim Jean To A TV Show With Mercy Aigbe Got Fans Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.