Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! (6233 Views)

A Word To Atheists And Unbelievers In Jesus, The Only Way To God / Akiane's Story Proves Atheists Wrong: Born To Atheists Yet Religious As A Baby / A Note To Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

The best place to preach is where the sinners are . Since atheists have made religion section their home in attempt to rubbish God it only gave Christians opportunity to shoot sitting ducks
Correct
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have said this same thing as the OP, time without numbers, but no one cared to see reason, so, I quietly left the religion section for quite some time now.

The Bible even warns against aimless arguments but here on Nairaland, Christians just enjoy having endless arguments with people whose minds are turned totally against God and all He represents.

Ask them what they have achieved since all these aimless arguments began, and I'm sure they can't point to anything tangible or any soul won over to the kingdom.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

The best place to preach is where the sinners are . Since atheists have made religion section their home in attempt to rubbish God it only gave Christians opportunity to shoot sitting ducks

That's where you get it wrong: they are not preaching to the atheists, but only engage them in endless arguments upon arguments.

If the motive was to preach and convert them, it would have been different, but the observed motive is to show intelligence and whatever...

By the way, you don't win someone over by arguing with them constantly, you preach and then allow the Holy Spirit do His work: the Holy Spirit is the one convicts the sinner.

2 Likes

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by petra1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:

That's where you get it wrong: they are not preaching to the atheists, but only engage them in endless arguments upon arguments.

If the motive was to preach and convert them, it would have been different, but the observed motive is to show intelligence and whatever...

By the way, you don't win someone over by arguing with them constantly, you preach and then allow the Holy Spirit do His work: the Holy Spirit is the one convicts the sinner.

I was joking actually but on a serous note . Preaching is different from
Debate . What is going on here is mostly debate it’s not about winning a soul but defense of faith . You can’t preach to a man who already has a conviction . It’s the holy ghost work. We only lay the facts down of our conviction and the “folly and vanity of the other guy “ it’s not about winning a soul . The gospel can only be preached to a seeker not a destroyer of your faith. You defend your faith and belief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

Debate . What is going on here is mostly debate it’s not about winning a soul but defense of faith . You can’t preach to a man who already has a conviction . It’s the holy ghost work. We only lay the facts down of our conviction and the “folly and vanity of the other guy “ it’s not about winning a soul . The gospel can only be preached to a seeker not a destroyer of your faith. You defend your faith and belief

Well said, bro. Nothing to add!
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daviddson:
This is actually truth - coming from a non religious person like you. Many Christians here are masking their whole life on debating atheists, forgetting that being a Christian theist is not all that is. They're forgetting the "weightier parts of the matter" that if they themselves don't live godly lives they'll still end up in same hell as atheists (I know you don't believe this, but I'll say it nonetheless).

BROS, HOW DO WE GO ABOUT LIVING A GODLY LIFE?...

OR, WHAT MUST WE DO TO LIVE A GODLY LIFE?
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Daviddson(m): 10:03am On Nov 14, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

BROS, HOW DO WE GO ABOUT LIVING A GODLY LIFE?...

OR, WHAT MUST WE DO TO LIVE A GODLY LIFE?
Titus 2:11-12 KJV
"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Daviddson(m): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Let's reclaim this Section from the atheists! We can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by CoolUsername: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
Remember Hilary Clinton's campaign slogan? "Love trumps hate"? It was a poor choice because she made her entire campaign slogan about her opponent. This is the same error that many of the Christian regulars on this section make.

They post rehashed arguments against atheism or highlight the atrocities committed by communist leaders as some sort of "gotcha!" against atheism. A few do it as a genuine attempt to criticize atheism but most just do it for attention.

Christians probably outnumber atheists 10 to 1 on this board but atheism is the leading discussion. It's almost like you guys talk about it more than we do. This thread is one example.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
Christianity is not a religion. it is a personal relationship with Jesus. you have no business with the religion section.

Christianity is nothing but a religion that has remained 2000 Years old for very many years now.

God didn't start interacting with man 2000 years ago. People have known God long before Israel .
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hier:
Loooooool, well, I don't know what to say

You are right bro

But, like Jesus said, the harvest is plenteous and the labourers are not really finding it easy.

I want to blame it on religion though.

I think most of our Pastors today are not equipped to equip, Paul told Timothy, 2 Tim2:2, the things I have committed unto you, the same commit unto faithful men
.first of all, we hardly see evangelism like its were

secondly, those evangelising often are not preaching Christ, they preach come to my church on Sunday

I will say, the fault is not from NL, but different background, am not saying am better off, I was once one God freak, truth be told, many hope have been shattered. And NL is fuelling it. Paul said, am not ashamed of the gospel, many Christian feel if they are still not holy, they can't preach the gospel, well, they are correct, 1 Corinthians 9:27.

The point is, many Christians are battling with sin and they don't like the guilt that follows, upon that, pastor is not preaching how to use your prayer life and faith confession and believers authority and who they are in Christ to address or profer solutions.

Upon that, the Bible is too good, you hear of healings, raising the dead and signs that shall follow and you are not seeing one, and even when we notice or experience one, our religious pastors are there on their religious pulpit, preaching that the miracles in some churches are staged, and many in the church are like, can we still experience all this miracle, and unfortunately, the guy back then with all his inability to overcome sin, coupled with a sincere and undefeated personal conviction on who God is. Decides to look for answers on platform like this where, when you comment, 15 athiest are attending or twisting your comment. At a point, that white, gets black, until it's dark and an athiest is born

There's nothing like Miracle Sir.
It can only happen in a book of the past, in real life there's nothing like miracle and that's why u don't know any blind deaf, dumb, cripple who any pastor prayed for and they became whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Daviddson(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2017
CoolUsername:

Christians probably outnumber atheists 10 to 1 on this board but atheism is the leading discussion. It's almost like you guys talk about it more than we do. This thread is one example.
No, this thread is different. Its purpose is to change the current status quo and errors that have pervaded this section, brought in by we Christians.

It's not too late to make a u-turn and this thread will go a long way to cause a change,by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by superhumanist(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Daviddson:
No, this thread is different. Its purpose is to change the current status quo and errors that have pervaded this section, brought in by we Christians.

It's not too late to make a u-turn and this thread will go a long way to cause a change,by God's grace.

Change is the only thing that is constant.

Accept that it is no longer the time of christianity dominating religious topics.

Nigerians are fed up with modern christianity. Tithe frauds, perverted pastors, arrogant pastors, fraudulent churches, private jets etc.

Atheism and irreligion are here to stay

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by enshy: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2017
Hier:
Loooooool, well, I don't know what to say

You are right bro

But, like Jesus said, the harvest is plenteous and the labourers are not really finding it easy.

I want to blame it on religion though.

I think most of our Pastors today are not equipped to equip, Paul told Timothy, 2 Tim2:2, the things I have committed unto you, the same commit unto faithful men
.first of all, we hardly see evangelism like its were

secondly, those evangelising often are not preaching Christ, they preach come to my church on Sunday

I will say, the fault is not from NL, but different background, am not saying am better off, I was once one God freak, truth be told, many hope have been shattered. And NL is fuelling it. Paul said, am not ashamed of the gospel, many Christian feel if they are still not holy, they can't preach the gospel, well, they are correct, 1 Corinthians 9:27.

The point is, many Christians are battling with sin and they don't like the guilt that follows, upon that, pastor is not preaching how to use your prayer life and faith confession and believers authority and who they are in Christ to address or profer solutions.

Upon that, the Bible is too good, you hear of healings, raising the dead and signs that shall follow and you are not seeing one, and even when we notice or experience one, our religious pastors are there on their religious pulpit, preaching that the miracles in some churches are staged, and many in the church are like, can we still experience all this miracle, and unfortunately, the guy back then with all his inability to overcome sin, coupled with a sincere and undefeated personal conviction on who God is. Decides to look for answers on platform like this where, when you comment, 15 athiest are attending or twisting your comment. At a point, that white, gets black, until it's dark and an athiest is born
Good Morning bro
Can we have an honest discussion on these points you raised?
Ild appreciate if you create time. Thanks.
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by enshy: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2017
superhumanist:

Change is the only thing that is constant.

Accept that it is no longer the time of christianity dominating religious topics.

Nigerians are fed up with modern christianity. Tithe frauds, perverted pastors, arrogant pastors, fraudulent churches, private jets etc.

Atheism and irreligion are here to stay
Sure it would stay.
For broad is the way that leads to eternal damnation, narrow is the way that leads to life eternal but few be them that find it.
Thank God I found it!
He that would stay in darkness after he has seen the Light, let him...He that will come out of darkness to the Light, let him...For He has sworn that 'time is no more'
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by enshy: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2017
Daviddson:
Let's reclaim this Section from the atheists! We can.
Light doesn't struggle with darkness.
When Light comes, darkness leaves....Its no War!
An atheist who violently and tenaciously propagates his beliefs owns this platform, this section was created by him also, it's obvious why it seems Christianity is contending with Atheism.
Atheists are on a mission, as ordered by their Father, the devil to silence Christians from having their faith spread on social media like this but they failed many many years ago.
The Victory is surely ours. We have never struggled with the devil, we rubbish him at will!
Be sure God has been active via this same section, touching the sinners and uplifting the believers...Atheism is only a distraction by the devil, we are not ignorant of his devices, he has using the same old tactics of lies, deceit and distraction since inception...We should just ignore him and keep up the Work of Faith!
The Church is matching on and the gates of hell can never prevail! Amen!!
Seun and all who have laid down themselves as tools in the hands of the devil to deceive the simple, lure the concerned, confuse the young believers, mock the Church and insult the Christ, the battle is still the Lord's!
Be sure all that it is appointed unto man once to die, after this, it's judgement!

2 Likes

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by superhumanist(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2017
enshy:

Sure it would stay.
For broad is the way that leads to eternal damnation, narrow is the way that leads to life eternal but few be them that find it.
Thank God I found it!
He that would stay in darkness after he has seen the Light, let him...He that will come out of darkness to the Light, let him...For He has sworn that 'time is no more'

Open your eyes. What was gained when nairaland was more religious?

What do we even enjoy with christianity in Nigeria? Our country is still corrupt and backwards. Other countries that are not religious are better.

Please, your preaching holds no ground.

2 Likes

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by enshy: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2017
superhumanist:

Open your eyes. What was gained when nairaland was more religious?

What do we even enjoy with christianity in Nigeria? Our country is still corrupt and backwards. Other countries that are not religious are better.

Please, your preaching holds no ground.
It's because you don't have spiritual insight and knowledge sir.
God doesn't work with groups, he does with individuals. He has no covenant with nations but individuals.
Under the new covenant, he says 'let him that is hungry come, let him that is a thirst come'...He didn't call them but him as an individual.
If you want a better life, seek God!
Our country is corrupt because leaders and followers individually yielded their lives to it. What about you? In your office, home, business, are you clean? Our country is backward because individually we have all contributed negatively to it..If I may ask, do you pay ur tax? Have you ever been involved in exam malpractice? How often have you borrowed money and never returned?
Bro, if we individually set our hearts to do right, Nigeria will be great!
We all individually make up this soon to be great nation...Let all act responsibly and contribute positively!
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Bukolar1(f): 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
ValentineMary:

A personal relationship with a holy book, a messiah, an institutional building and system. I'd have better luck saying Game of thrones is a reality show.

ehhh. so Christianity no more a religion? God help us to think straight and deliver our brains from being washed away the more.
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by ABBkelvin(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
enshy:

Light doesn't struggle with darkness.
When Light comes, darkness leaves....Its no War!
An atheist who violently and tenaciously propagates his beliefs owns this platform, this section was created by him also, it's obvious why it seems Christianity is contending with Atheism.
Atheists are on a mission, as ordered by their Father, the devil to silence Christians from having their faith spread on social media like this but they failed many many years ago.
The Victory is surely ours. We have never struggled with the devil, we rubbish him at will!
Be sure God has been active via this same section, touching the sinners and uplifting the believers...Atheism is only a distraction by the devil, we are not ignorant of his devices, he has using the same old tactics of lies, deceit and distraction since inception...We should just ignore him and keep up the Work of Faith!
The Church is matching on and the gates of hell can never prevail! Amen!!
Seun and all who have laid down themselves as tools in the hands of the devil to deceive the simple, lure the concerned, confuse the young believers, mock the Church and insult the Christ, the battle is still the Lord's!
Be sure all that it is appointed unto man once to die, after this, it's judgement!

Darkness is superior to light. Before light, there was darkness in the universe and after light there will still be darkness. So, your God of light is inferior to the darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by superhumanist(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
ABBkelvin:

Darkness is superior to light. Before light, there was darkness in the universe and after light there will still be darkness. So, your God of light is inferior to the darkness.

According to the bible, God was wondering in the dark before creating light

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Emmanystone: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
Daviddson:
I have had this burden on me for at least two weeks now. It's been eating me, literally.
It's sickening to see that whenever one comes into this section, nearly 80% of the topics are about how to mock atheism or prove that we've read widely enough to quote several Christian researchers who either said atheism is this or that. We've left the message of the cross ➕ to constantly engage atheists in endless threads which are serving very little purpose. We are falling for the prey of the devil to think that our major message on this board is how to counter atheists, with different philosophical, intelligent, impressive quotes.
Brethren, we're missing it o.

Why can't we open threads where we can have discussion on how to watch out against subtle sins in our own lives, how to have a godly dating relationship, examine the doctrine of justification, the Rapture, good neighbourliness, how to win over family members who are yet to be saved, how to live peaceably with unbelievers without compromising our faith and whole lot of others?

Why must all of our threads be on atheism when there are "Christians" who are fornicators, secret cult members, adulterers, bribe takers and givers, fighters, etc?

Why can't we open threads to encourage other Christians who are facing tough times and are almost ready to call it quits with God or even take their own life?

Thank you for reading. I'll appreciate your contributions.

cc: KingEbukasBlog, butterflyl1on, DoctorAlien, GodsMopol, Analice107,
It is well.
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by GoodMuyis(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
Have have like 10 on my box wanted to post, but if I do, who go comment?

Do who would be willing, have gone on recess. KingEbukaaBlog sef don get job for nnpc,

Abeh where oaroloye, e don't tey wet I see him last, hope he doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Emmanystone: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
petra1:

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Emmanystone: 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

There's nothing like Miracle Sir.
It can only happen in a book of the past, in real life there's nothing like miracle and that's why u don't know any blind deaf, dumb, cripple who any pastor prayed for and they became whole.

Oh, but with my korokoro eyes i saw a crippled Hausa man rolling on a bores got up and walked in Christ Embassy's Total Experience 19 October 1999. Liberation Stadium, Port Harcourt.

Right in front of me, and Pastor Chris was not even praying when it happened, he was just praising and this man crippled from his waist down, began to shake all over from the ground where he was. He struggled to get up from the ground. He wobbled badly that some folks wanted to assist him, but one guy shouted for him to be left alone, he stood up, and began to wobble and then walked. Without anyone aiding him, he walked to the Podium where Pastor Chris was.

Listen, i'm not saying this for the benefit of Christ Embassy, i'm not their member, as a Christian, i attended a Christian Programme.

There are Miracles sir. You may not believe it. But they are.

1 Like

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
ABBkelvin:

grin
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
Emmanystone:

Oh, but with my korokoro eyes i saw a crippled Hausa man rolling on a bores got up and walked in Christ Embassy's Total Experience 19 October 1999. Liberation Stadium, Port Harcourt.

Right in front of me, and Pastor Chris was not even praying when it happened, he was just praising and this man crippled from his waist down, began to shake all over from the ground where he was. He struggled to get up from the ground. He wobbled badly that some folks wanted to assist him, but one guy shouted for him to be left alone, he stood up, and began to wobble and then walked. Without anyone aiding him, he walked to the Podium where Pastor Chris was.

Listen, i'm not saying this for the benefit of Christ Embassy, i'm not their member, as a Christian, i attended a Christian Programme.

This is why the black man have appeared as the poorest race in the world. Have u met the Hausa man before to know weda he's is a cripple U must be kidding me.

Same goes to fraudulent Miracles where someone will come out of the crowd and start shouting that they can see, how can a full grown man believe such an idiotic event.

Same goes with the people claiming deaf n dumb from birth will come our and start screaming that he can now speak....... And the supposed healed man who have never spoken or or heard any word before starts speaking English immediately, abeg who teach am English.

Wise up man theres no time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
Emmanystone:

continue fooling yourself
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

This is why the black man have appeared as the poorest race in the world. Have u met the Hausa man before to know weda he's is a cripple U must be kidding me.

Same goes to fraudulent Miracles where someone will come out of the crowd and start shouting that they can see, how can a full grown man believe such an idiotic event.

Same goes with the people claiming deaf n dumb from birth will come our and start screaming that he can now speak....... And the supposed healed man who have never spoken or or heard any word before starts speaking English immediately, abeg who teach am English.

Wise up man theres no time.
religion is a deadly disease. The guy has been brainwashed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
superhumanist:

According to the bible, God was wondering in the dark before creating light
it's irritating that adults believe in creation rather than evolution
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
OtemSapien:
Hmm, this is a sign that Yahweh, Allah, Moloch and all gods of religion are currently held captive in a spiritual prison so that human beings can start using their brains to think deep. Thank you nature.
you forgot to mention the Greek god Zeus maybe Zeus is masturbating grin
Re: Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! by Ericsunday619: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:
I have said this same thing as the OP, time without numbers, but no one cared to see reason, so, I quietly left the religion section for quite some time now.

The Bible even warns against aimless arguments but here on Nairaland, Christians just enjoy having endless arguments with people whose minds are turned totally against God and all He represents.

Ask them what they have achieved since all these aimless arguments began, and I'm sure they can't point to anything tangible or any soul won over to the kingdom.

God help us.
God help who? I wish Christainity should be banned in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? / Mother Mary Appears In Kaduna State. / The Abner Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.