Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? (706 Views)

Hakimi: Can A Man's Wife Be Regarded As His Family Member? - Twitter Debate / Women With 8 Inch Long Clitoris Can Now Be Regarded As Men, Abuja Court Rules / Nigerian Counsellor Weds Himself; Invite Friends To His "Holy Sologamy" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? by Kcconcept(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
There are several people out there with different beliefs one of which leads to today's question.Should Sologamy be regarded as evil?

Sologamy is a practice whereby a person gets married to oneself, most people who practice this are women. It's not actually as narcissistic as it sounds. The idea is to give yourself a commitment that values self-love and self-compassion and supporters of the practice claim it leads to a happier life.
The bonus is that you don't even have to change your name!.
This practice takes almost exactly the same form as that of a regular marriage. They can include guests, cake, and a reception. Also, the person can have a private moment in a room where they can express self-love with a mirror and a candle, though the use of the candle is not specified.

ORIGIN OF SOLOGAMY

A woman named Linda Baker was apparently the first person to marry herself in the US back in 1993 as a celebration of her 40th birthday.

She pledged to be good to herself witnessed by seven bridesmaids and 75 family and friends. She wanted to celebrate something at that time in her life and felt that a marriage ceremony was the way to do it. Linda explained, "It's about doing things for yourself and not waiting around for someone else to make it happen".

in my own honest response, I don't see sologamy as evil and shouldn't be regarded as such.
source: http://www.kraftypedia.com/2017/11/should-sologamyself-marriage-be.html

Re: Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
Yes it's evil, against the natural laws
Re: Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? by delugajackson: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
They call it different names, sologamy is even better, its the same as staying single.

People get married to trees, make love to trees, dogs and so on there's even one that got married to the sea.. Yeah, that sounds crazy. But its true. The world is discovering new ways to celebrate madness.
Re: Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ? by Earthquake1: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
I'm going to marry myself, nobody else is good enough.

(1) (Reply)

How I Broke Up With My Man / Is This The Best Pr-wedding Picture Ever? / My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.