Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 (18628 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2017
DJInfluence:
Since when is "83.6% screen-to-body Ratio" a Feature? Me no understand.

Have you heard the word bezeless?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2017
Freelancerx:
Crappy processor because it is MTK? And who says there will be no update? Y'all be too quick to just say things. It's a better alternative in the sense that it offers what most premium phone users want in a phone.
Is there any Tecno device that receives Android updates?
There are cheap premium devices
Dodge
Xiaomi
LeCo
Oneplus
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by queenfav(f): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
albacete:
Who is comparing an ekuke with a Rottweiler?

If you must compare, do it with S3 and Phantom 8.

Or phantom 8 with my infinix hot 4. grin
hahahahahahaaha, damn!
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by DJInfluence: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Acidosis:

Have you heard the word bezeless?
So since when is bezel less a Feature? It has more Display room estate i get that, but that can´t be a Feature. At least in my opnion.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by obaoyedotun(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Anybody comparing this 2 phones is sick it's too much disrespect, that person should be arrested
Acidosis:

If you think the Phantom 8 is cheap or comparable to the S8, you need to have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2017
y3mi:

Thumb up.
They talk about NFC as though it's already deployed in this hell hole of a country.
Unrealistic reviews.
I now dread all thing Samsung.
All their part is damn costly.
An heavily used core i5 Samsung laptop a friend just bought from someone rgently in need of cash for N21K had it screen cracked and guess how much the replacement screen cost? A whooping N35K. And that's a 2012 released laptop with Intel HD3000.
I've heard the touchscreen replacement of their phones are so expensive.

You are not happy for the fact that you got a replacement for a 2012 device? Try that with Tecno, you won't find a replacement even for a 2015 device.

Meanwhile, laptop replacements, especially the core i3, i5 and co are expensive. How can you buy a touchsmart laptop and expect to spend less than 35K for screen replacement?

It has nothing to do with Samsung. I use HP core i5, touchsmart. I have never had issues with the screen but the last time I changed the battery, it cost me about 25k. Others will say battery replacement cost 7k, even 5k in computer village but they won't tell you the differences. On an average use, the laptop works for 7 hours without charge.. Its a 4 cell battery usable only on ultrabook (or notebooks).

So this isn't about "Samsung". As a matter of fact, Samsung laptops are cheaper.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2017
DJInfluence:
So since when is bezel less a Feature? It has more Display room estate i get that, but that can´t be a Feature. At least in my opnion.

You and I know that the Internet world will not have peace the very day Tecno manufactures a bezeless phone. As a matter of fact, it will be the main and only selling point for Tecno brand. Even the fans won't hide their feelings about it, so tell me why bezeless shouldn't join the list of features?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by threadstone(m): 9:58am On Dec 01, 2017
Acidosis:

You and I know that the Internet world will not have peace the very day Tecno manufactures a bezeless phone. As a matter of fact, it will be the main and only selling point for Tecno brand. Even the fans won't hide their feelings about it, so tell me why bezeless shouldn't join the list of features?

I laff in iOS cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Freelancerx: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2017
nawtyme:

Dodge
Xiaomi
LeCo
Oneplus
Yeah. A couple of them do. And these cheap premium what happens when they develop faults or malfunctions?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2017
Freelancerx:
Yeah. A couple of them do. And these cheap premium what happens when they develop faults or malfunctions?
I have used a oneplus 3 for more than 1 year. Not a single fault. No scratched screen. What happens if your Tecno phone is damaged and you are told by call care that the cost of repair is almost equivalent to buying a new phone.
The issue is, the chances of my phone and other reliable brands getting bad other than obvious phone mutilation is far lower than the chances of Tecno devices getting bad.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by sleemfesh: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2017
NCP:
Make I add Mine.

21. Fantom 8 will never get developers support. I don't mean the Tecno paid devs support.

22. Fantom 8 will never see Android OS upgrade. (Na pure Yun Operating System be This Product Like Other Previous Phantom Flagships)

How can you be lying to yourself so shamelessly? Even Phantom 6 plus gotten updated from 6 to 7. My younger bro uses it so I'm not guessing.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by loomer: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
So na NFC be Una problem
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:
But there's also 1 feature of the phantom 8 has that the s8 doesn't have and for lots of people this is the most important feature. The s8 costs 230k (or more) while the phantom 8 costs 128k. For a lot of people that 102k they are saving is the most important feature.

Not a Tecno fan though, I'm still a Samsung fan but just saying.

GBAM!!

No matter the features of S8, the fact remains that not all will be able to afford its price tag.

Phantom 8 trumps S8 pants and hands down in this regard
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Jaculze(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
Samsung is good but Tecno does it for mr
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
texazzpete:
just a slight correction. the phantom 8 doesn't have a HDR capable display.

Lol. I know that...

However the poster is talking about auto HDR in the camera.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by threadstone(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
Once they finish fighting amongst themselves, they turn and face iphone users.

Ollah1 I see you grin

*runs away*
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
spreado:

S8, is it double sim?

There is a dual SIM version of the s8 called s8 duos

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
y3mi:

Thumb up.
They talk about NFC as though it's already deployed in this hell hole of a country.
Unrealistic reviews.
I now dread all thing Samsung.
All their part is damn costly.
An heavily used core i5 Samsung laptop a friend just bought from someone rgently in need of cash for N21K had it screen cracked and guess how much the replacement screen cost? A whooping N35K. And that's a 2012 released laptop with Intel HD3000.
I've heard the touchscreen replacement of their phones are so expensive.

There's no where in this world where quality things are cheap, that's what makes them quality. Yes the display of Samsung phones are damn expensive, the S7 edge screen costs like 80k earlier this year (I don't know how much now ). It's a super amoled qhd curved display and it's the most expensive part of the phone. Not meant for everyone but if u want that beautiful display, u have to pay for it... Plus u also paying for the Samsung brand. Now show me a phone with super amoled qhd curved display that the touchscreen cost is significantly cheaper. It's just like comparing a Toyota Corolla with 1.8L i4 engine with a Mercedes Benz s class with v12 engine. Both cars are sedans and there's no place the Benz will drive to that the Corolla cannot go... But do both cars cost the same, do their parts cost the same?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by franzis(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
instead of wasting your cash on that tecno phantom 8 buy
DOOGEE Mix 2 Smartphone Full display 5.99'' Helio P25 Octa Core 6GB RAM Quad Camera 16.0+13.0MP 2x8.0MP 4060mAh Android 7.1

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-DOOGEE-Mix-2-Smartphone-Full-display-5-99-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-6GB-RAM-Quad/2528010_32834700843.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.73f2167cTpJFCs
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by samsam2019: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

you could still pick the c9 pro without calling him a modafckr, you know, right?

some people sef, smh.
you can also use it as an endearing term
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Freelancerx: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
nawtyme:

Dodge
Xiaomi
LeCo
Oneplus
One Plus is no cheap premium device though. And Tecno phones receive Android updates. Ask if u don't know.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
This is going to sound awkward. But tecno is for the rich and careless spenders. Anyone who actually works for their every kobo, knows a value for money product to spend on. And tecno doesnt appear even if the list was tabled down to the top 10.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Freelancerx:
One Plus is no cheap premium device though. And Tecno phones receive Android updates. Ask if u don't know.
Can you read what you quoted? This time around read it slowly. You would see that the first sentence is a question because it ends with a question mark.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by koskilala: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
nawtyme:
I will always advise those who come to me for advice, a good fairly used Samsung phone is better than the best Tecno and infinix phone. There are so many other cheap and reliable Chinese brands of phones, but I wonder why our people stick with this crappy brands

Oh please. I have been using tecno devices ever since I can remember and I've been getting my money's worth . so I don't know what you are saying
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
koskilala:

Oh please. I have been using tecno devices ever since I can remember and I've been getting my money's worth . so I don't know what you are saying
Bravo
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by jom28gy(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Acidosis:

If you think the Phantom 8 is cheap or comparable to the S8, you need to have a rethink.
how much is this phone? and does it have note book
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by einthusan: 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
Samsung Bixby is one of the worst innovations by Samsung till now. The Bixby button is quite annoying and poorly paced that it made me wonder to find a way to disable Bixby completely. The Bixby voice itself is not as precise as Google's assistance or Siri. Innovations are meant to solve the problem not to complicate things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Twitter Apps For Nokia C3-00 / Create 2go Account |2go Registration Portal On Www.2go.im / Is Your Phone Overheating? Learn How To Fix It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.