Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 (18632 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by truth4u: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
hisgrace090:
Baba Samsung, I hail o!

As of to day you no get equal.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by 2shure: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
im gonna be using this my s8 plus for at least 2years before i get the latest. in 2019 ..b4 d grand baba of baba presido elections.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by 26Clueless(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
khaki kno b leather Jor...Phantom 8 should knows better
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
Freelancerx:
No sane person will bring the S8 and the Phantom 8 to the same level. The phantom to me is just an alternative. A better one.
What makes phantom a better alternative? No developer support, no android update, crappy processor, what makes it a better alternative?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Daeylar(f): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2017
When did we start comparing Samsung to techno?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by olahero(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2017
Sammy all the way. Love the phone
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
To the tecno boys, phone is all about RAM and Megapixel.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Oduwils222(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2017
Decale:

First of all, the c9 Pro goes for 135k or more. If he got it for 118k, it's not new. Even a meagre A5 2017 by Samsung costs more than the phantom 8.

Second of all, I never said Phantom 8 is better than the c9 Pro. If I had to choose one, I would go for the Samsung cos of the screen; processor and consequently, battery life.

But for someone that can't go that high for a smartphone, the phantom 8 is plenty good.

Lastly, Samsung made some compromises when compared to their flagships or even A series. Phantom 8 tends to be better in those aspects:

1) C9 pro utilized metal in their design. It's sturdy and of good quality but Phantom 8 upped them here. Phantom 8 has that nice fit and finish plus a 2.5D curved body, making it feel expensive.

2) C9 pro camera is a hit and miss. Don't let the megapixels or focal aperture deceive you. It's good in daylight photos [not better than Phantom 8] but below average in low light mode. Both phones aren't that good in the latter scenes but Phantom 8 shows more details. Even Samsung deprived the selfie camera with features.

3) C9 pro's speakers are a hit and miss. Add an earphone to utilize the audio quality, you still get same bland sounds. Phantom 8 did better here with loudness, clarity and highs.

4) This may be personal opinion too but I prefer Phantom 8's fingerprint sensor to C9 pro

I have close friends that use both. I myself use a Samsung s7. C9 pro is good in power and performance. However, Samsung made few compromises in media aspects to bring the price down. Everything isn't about specs...

Cheers!!!

you have said it all bro. Thumps up!
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Decale:
Some of these points aren't strong ones

Tecno Phantom has HDR, NFC, USB type C. Every Nougat device (7.1) also has some form of 3D touch

There are also third party apps for some features listed there: Always On Display, Dual video recording

There is also Google assistant, a good substitution for the Bixby

Samsung Pay is non functional in this part of the world where the Tecno's market is

I don't think anybody is comparing Phantom 8 to Samsung s8. The strong point here is Phantom 8 is a huge bargain for the people that can't spend that much on a phone.

Samsung will find it hard to release a phone like phantom 8 at that price point without some compromises.

Both capture a different type of market. That's why tecno devices will continue to outsell Samsung flagships in this part of the world.

Tecno Phantom 8 is decent at that price. The only gripe I have with it is the processor. Regardless, it's very hard to purchase a 2017 phone with its features for less...

Cheers

just a slight correction. the phantom 8 doesn't have a HDR capable display.

You're right about your conclusion though. the P8 gives you very decent performance at a cheaper price point.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2017
how can u u be comparing Samsung and tecno as an all time Samsung user I had to buy a Tecno cos of economic reasons and I am kinda regretting it. phone is good but no good enough as Samsung

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Shadedtee: 7:51am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:
But there's also 1 feature of the phantom 8 has that the s8 doesn't have and for lots of people this is the most important feature. The s8 costs 230k (or more) while the phantom 8 costs 128k. For a lot of people that 102k they are saving is the most important feature.

Not a Tecno fan though, I'm still a Samsung fan but just saying.

Lol, this your point is valid fam. 102k saved can be hse for other important stuffs
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by oodua1stson: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Daeylar:
When did we start comparing Samsung to techno?

I wonder oo
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by albacete(m): 7:57am On Dec 01, 2017
Who is comparing an ekuke with a Rottweiler?

If you must compare, do it with S3 and Phantom 8.

Or phantom 8 with my infinix hot 4. grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by emmylad4(m): 7:58am On Dec 01, 2017
tecno phones are specially made for Nigerians..u dont see people in advance countries using it...team samsung[b][/b] kiss
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Gkemz: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2017
Comparing both phones is like comparing Katsina united to Real Madrid

2 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by DanielsParker(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2017
samsam2019:
you know what, murdafucker? I agree with you 99% but I would still pick the c9 pro over the phantom 8

you could still pick the c9 pro without calling him a modafckr, you know, right?

some people sef, smh.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by spreado(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Calm down people, fantom will start getting some of those features 3-4 years from now
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nelsizzy(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2017
Some Nigerians are funny. See somebody talking about developers support, OS upgrade and the likes. The average Nigerian does not care about all those. And i will say it, Tecno is a good phone in every sense of it.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by spreado(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2017
2shure:
im gonna be using this my s8 plus for at least 2years before i get the latest. in 2019 ..b4 d grand baba of baba presido elections.

S8, is it double sim?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2017
nawtyme:
I will always advise those who come to me for advice, a good fairly used Samsung phone is better than the best Tecno and infinix phone. There are so many other cheap and reliable Chinese brands of phones, but I wonder why our people stick with this crappy brands

I used a Phantom 6 and Note 4 , and this will be my last tecno phone, Samsung Phones are mad sick who the hell compares a fvcking MTK trash to Exynos or Snapdragon.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by bigdot1759(m): 8:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Huawei mate series, P series & latest honor series still compet with all flagship of Samsung including xiaomi flagship. I'll still prefer huawei phone as for me ooo
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by sirdjay1: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Fantom is dual sim
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by festwiz(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
You guys should check out the Ulefone Gemini Pro on Alixpress abeg. Dope phone.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by 2shure: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2017
intl version
yea
dual sim tray
spreado:

S8, is it double sim?

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Freelancerx: 9:02am On Dec 01, 2017
nawtyme:

What makes phantom a better alternative? No developer support, no android update, crappy processor, what makes it a better alternative?
Crappy processor because it is MTK? And who says there will be no update? Y'all be too quick to just say things. It's a better alternative in the sense that it offers what most premium phone users want in a phone.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Horlufemi(m): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2017
Decale:
Some of these points aren't strong ones

Tecno Phantom has HDR, NFC, USB type C. Every Nougat device (7.1) also has some form of 3D touch

There are also third party apps for some features listed there: Always On Display, Dual video recording

There is also Google assistant, a good substitution for the Bixby

Samsung Pay is non functional in this part of the world where the Tecno's market is

I don't think anybody is comparing Phantom 8 to Samsung s8. The strong point here is Phantom 8 is a huge bargain for the people that can't spend that much on a phone.

Samsung will find it hard to release a phone like phantom 8 at that price point without some compromises.

Both capture a different type of market. That's why tecno devices will continue to outsell Samsung flagships in this part of the world.

Tecno Phantom 8 is decent at that price. The only gripe I have with it is the processor. Regardless, it's very hard to purchase a 2017 phone with its features for less...

Cheers

Please add terrible UI

Samsung is way better.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by y3mi(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2017
Nelsizzy:
Some Nigerians are funny. See somebody talking about developers support, OS upgrade and the likes. The average Nigerian does not care about all those. And i will say it, Tecno is a good phone in every sense of it.
Thumb up.
They talk about NFC as though it's already deployed in this hell hole of a country.
Unrealistic reviews.
I now dread all thing Samsung.
All their part is damn costly.
An heavily used core i5 Samsung laptop a friend just bought from someone rgently in need of cash for N21K had it screen cracked and guess how much the replacement screen cost? A whooping N35K. And that's a 2012 released laptop with Intel HD3000.
I've heard the touchscreen replacement of their phones are so expensive.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by DJInfluence: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2017
Since when is "83.6% screen-to-body Ratio" a Feature? Me no understand.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by queenfav(f): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Please it's an insult to compare Samsung s8 edge to tecno. End of story!
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Teeboi56: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2017
It's insame too compare s8 to phantom 8
Is like wen u re comparing a goat and cow together how does it look like
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by donqx: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2017
good
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 9:19am On Dec 01, 2017
sirdjay1:
Fantom is dual sim
S8 has a dual sim version

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Your Phone Overheating? Learn How To Fix It / This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! / Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.