Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship (790 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by nathan28: 4:05am On Nov 14, 2017
I met my Filipina girlfriend online through a dating site called loveme. We got along really quickly and we’ve been communicating for about a year and a half now. After all the time we spent together via video calls and chat, we figured it was time to see each other. I decided to visit her in the Philippines.

My problem is that her family are quite traditional in all forms –including romance. They don’t really approve of our online relationship since we live thousands of miles away from each other. I’ve deeply fallen in love with this woman and I’m confident that she feels the same way. Another problem with her family that they’ve mentioned is our age gap. I’m too old for her and they are concerned about how things would turn out in our relationship.

I want to prove that I am worthy as a partner and can genuinely love her and her family. I initially planned to take them out and show them how I truly am when I visit my girlfriend and her family. I’m so nervous about the whole situation since I’ve already been thinking about future marriage plans.

If things do go well, I plan on proposing to her. How can I prove to her family that I’m fit to be their daughter’s lover? How can I approach them and how can I handle the situation when I finally get to see my girlfriend? Guys, I’m desperate for help!
Re: My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 14, 2017
Maybe they are just racist.

Even these Asians are racist towards black people you know. Funny black people don suffer lol.

One of my brother is married to a white girl and before the wedding some of her family members were against the relationship. My mom was not having any of their bullshit either because ohhhh well she's not here for white people she only wanted her son happiness. For me I didn't even open my mouth in the whole matter. lipsrsealed cause my whole family think I don't like white people. lipsrsealed that's not the case though but am not one to put white people on a pedestal like some foolish black people do. As time when by her family became more welcoming though and just let everything go because the girl was madly in love.

For me I dated a white guy befote and never again. lipsrsealed
To each their own though.

I wish you luck with you and your Asian girl. Give it. More time as the relationship mature am pretty sure her parents will have no choice but to accept. Especially if their daughter is really in love with you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by samtinx(m): 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
kiss kiss Don't go to prove anybody anything,my brother you both love each other,don't worry about the age gap it has nothing to do about it,truth is that these Asian respect and value "Love" more than we Nigerians,continue loving her please don't stop they would have no choice but to give it a go ahead
Re: My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by 2buffagain(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
Rokia2:
Maybe they are just racist.

Even these Asians are racist towards black people you know. Funny black people don suffer lol.

One of my brother is married to a white girl and before the wedding some of her family members were against the relationship. My mom was not having any of their bullshit either because ohhhh well she's not here for white people she only wanted her son happiness. For me I didn't even open my mouth in the whole matter. lipsrsealed cause my whole family think I don't like white people. lipsrsealed that's not the case though but am not one to put white people on a pedestal like some foolish black people do. As time when by her family became more welcoming though and just let everything go because the girl was madly in love.

For me I dated a white guy befote and never again. lipsrsealed
To each their own though.

I wish you luck with you and your Asian girl. Give it. More time as the relationship mature am pretty sure her parents will have no choice but to accept. Especially if their daughter is really in love with you.

Why did dating the white guy not work?
Re: My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by rawpadgin(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
Online dating

I have nothing to say
Re: My Girlfriend’s Family Doesn’t Approve Of Our Online Relationship by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Another nudes loading

(1) (Reply)

18 Year Old Model Sells Her Virginity For $3m To Abu Dhabi Businessman / She Liked What She Saw But Walked Away [ WATCH ] / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Using A Billboard At CMS In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.