Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is (3288 Views)

Why Are Muslims Allowed To Attack Christianity On Nairaland? Pix / Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi / Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by donnffd(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Dayvhid:
Chrisrianity is not a religion sah....issa lifestyle grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by donnffd(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2017
Meti99:
I laugh when I read some guys say "what is holding African youth backward is religion"

the problem of Africa is not religion but leadership. Africa don't even practise religion as much as the Chinese do...

stop looking for excuse for your failure. you can start a revolution of a better Africa but stop your ignoramous foolishness

And somehow the leaders fell from heaven right?

I can bet everything i have, if you changed every single leader in office on the African continent and replaced them, Africa would still be where it is...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=donnffd post=62460632][/quote] grin grin grin grin grin donffd how are you doing? You were the first atheist I argued with when I came to nairaland as a christian but now I am an atheist. It is good to see you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by donnffd(m): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Martinez19:
grin grin grin grin grin donffd how are you doing? You were the first atheist I argued with when I came to nairaland as a christian but now I am an atheist. It is good to see you. smiley

Wow!!!, Thats so amazing, I am glad i was part of your "waking up" story, its nice to see you too

I would love for you to tell me how your full deconversion went, if thats ok by you!

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by somehow: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
I'm so against those who blame their leaders Everytime like the leaders aren't fellow men/women like them.
donnffd:

And somehow the leaders fell from heaven right?

I can bet everything i have, if you changed every single leader in office on the African continent and replaced them, Africa would still be where it is...

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
Meti99:
I laugh when I read some guys say "what is holding African youth backward is religion"

the problem of Africa is not religion but leadership. Africa don't even practise religion as much as the Chinese do...

stop looking for excuse for your failure. you can start a revolution of a better Africa but stop your ignoramous foolishness
Unfortunately, the religion is what creates the type of people by defining how they think and reason. Christianity in itself can be good or bad, but currently it is not of the sort that teaches people to be leaders. It rather teaches them to be followers.

Christ himself was a leader and if the Christian were like that, they'd easily shame we atheists, for which one of us could claim Christ is not the Messiah if Christians built factories and hospitals and created jobs and healed people. Who can confidently say God is not responsible for the transformation of a nation as huge as Nigeria? Can anyone confidently truly believe it is the work of one single individual? Would we all not have to carry some cross down the road of Calvary so all may be saved?

But no, they ask the sheep to pay tithes and hope for miracles and the idiots amongst them testify that someone they know told them some pastor woke someone from the dead! Do they not know the difference between bread and stones? Has their brain been removed from inside their heads or something, I often wonder.

If raising the dead were such a grand feat, why are we not in hospitals praising the doctors who perform such feats on a daily basis, or in schools praising those teachers who exorcise the devil of ignorance out of your heads? Why don't they get your tithes? O ye fools, giving unto 'Caesar' what should be given unto the things that are 'holy'!

But, verily verily I say unto thee, the day will come when those who are of 'Christ' will stop seeking God in a bang or at the end of the universe. 'Christ' will rise in your hearts and heads where God breathed him to be when he created you from mere mud. The 'Messiah's' will grab their 'crosses'. The evidence for God will be their works, and not just by some stupid dead faith that produces nought or some crappy belief they share with the devil and call a virtue. They will 'die' for their 'salvation', and for a living God, and not the crappy dead God you want to prove exists with no evidence whatsoever, you will save one another and all will live everlastingly. And the atheists who refuses to see the God living in your very own beings will indeed become the dementes vesanosque. In the mighty name of 'Christ', as is said.

Amen

Until then, slowly though it seems, but surely, a people of power are being built. I see!

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
donnffd:

Wow!!!, Thats so amazing, I am glad i was part of your "waking up" story, its nice to see you too

I would love for you to tell me how your full deconversion went, if thats ok by you!
Actually I left christianity via listening to hopefulLandlord, hahn, HardMirror, you, Johnydon22 and Richard Dawkins. It was a very informative process that pushed me to think. It got to a point, I couldn't deny the fact that religion was bullshit. Not just religion but other world mysticism like witchcraft, voodoo, charms, traditional woowoo etc. were bullshit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by boringnigerian: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Nollywood is a reflection of how we see things generally as a society. You can't give what you don't have.

I disagree. Nollywood is more of an expression of some people's personal biases than an interpretation of societal facts.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2017
boringnigerian:

I disagree. Nollywood is more of an expression of some people's personal biases than an interpretation of societal facts.

Yeah, you're right

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by donnffd(m): 9:19am On Nov 18, 2017
Martinez19:
Actually I left christianity via listening to hopefulLandlord, hahn, HardMirror, you, Johnydon22 and Richard Dawkins. It was a very informative process that pushed me to think. It got to a point, I couldn't deny the fact that religion was bullshit. Not just religion but other world mysticism like witchcraft, voodoo, charms, traditional woowoo etc. were bullshit.

Congrats bro...please continue to think critically!

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2017
donnffd:

Congrats bro...please continue to think critically!
critical thinking is the way o. Logic, reasoning, critical and objective thinking, and evidence are the way forward. grin

4 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by hopefulLandlord: 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Martinez19:
Actually I left christianity via listening to hopefulL.andlord, h.ahn, HardM.irror, you, Johnyd.on22 and Richard Dawkins. It was a very informative process that pushed me to think. It got to a point, I couldn't deny the fact that religion was bullshit. Not just religion but other world mysticism like witchcraft, voodoo, charms, traditional woowoo etc. were bullshit.

I'm honoured sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by HardMirror(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Martinez19:
you shall know the truth and it shall set you free. A cue from the bible. As a christian was i free? are mislims christians traditionalists free?

All laws of religion and morality are made by man for man. Look at nature and know god has no demands ftom you

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Martinez19:
Free thinking! shocked

I like that. grin

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by OtemSapien: 12:52am On Nov 24, 2017
correctguy101:

Otem come and see... budaATUM...

or is this you? undecided

Na you make me hear ATUM first o.
Whois search enabled....

Lol, Budaatum even knew Atum before I did. I actually came across Atum just early 2016. I was surprised too when I first saw his moniker.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 3:05am On Nov 24, 2017
OtemSapien:

Lol, Budaatum even knew Atum before I did. I actually came across Atum just early 2016. I was surprised too when I first saw his moniker.
Hymn to Atum

To Atum, O god who is complete, I offer my praise.
O self-engendered one, you brought into being
cool-headed Shu and Tefnut of the water-flow,
wise and glorious two, born of your seed alone.
First of gods, first of the Ennead, well honored
in Heliopolis in times long gone, I call to you,
Atum, maker of the world, with all reverence.

So long ago, O Atum, in the time before time,
you sat alone within the Nun, arisen ‎from the waters; all that now is, is of you, O god.
Atum, ancient before existence, great of name, great of might,whose will transcends the primordial calm,
lord you are of all you have created, lord of all
the distant lands, lord of all that lies beneath;
yours is a might unsurpassed, a being undiminished.

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by OtemSapien: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2017
budaatum:

Hymn to Atum

To Atum, O god who is complete, I offer my praise.
O self-engendered one, you brought into being
cool-headed Shu and Tefnut of the water-flow,
wise and glorious two, born of your seed alone.
First of gods, first of the Ennead, well honored
in Heliopolis in times long gone, I call to you,
Atum, maker of the world, with all reverence.

So long ago, O Atum, in the time before time,
you sat alone within the Nun, arisen ‎from the waters; all that now is, is of you, O god.
Atum, ancient before existence, great of name, great of might,whose will transcends the primordial calm,
lord you are of all you have created, lord of all
the distant lands, lord of all that lies beneath;
yours is a might unsurpassed, a being undiminished.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2017
Atumumus grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Atumumus grin
Lol grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2017
Post of my week.

sonofluc1fer:
For if Christians had continued to act like the Christ they claim to believe in, Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity won't be the mediocrity it is today. Noisy. Pompous. Arrogant. Petulant.

Next Sunday, walk into any church. Raise these prayer points. Let all who lie die by fire. Let all who abuse public offices and office of trust be brought down by the Holy Ghost. May the mouths of those who have eaten "government money" seal up. And watch the service end early. They'd rather fight unseen enemies, evil uncles/aunties, and theie village people.

That's all Christian has become - a list of prayer points and tithe.

There are good Christians, who still appreciate the use of intellect and reason. Unfortunately, a vast majority of their brethren consider these Christians 'oversabi, atheist-to-be'. For them, to use the brain is to be carnal, to be in the flesh. Those in the Spirit, simply believe, no questions asked. Doubt or skepticism is not permitted.

But without doubt, I ask, how would you know truth or fact? Without skepticism, how do you tell TRUE from FALSE?

So when you see fellow Christians asking questions about tithes, be thankful for their doubts. Be grateful, for it gives a chance for one to review, and reveal new things. Doubts, when dismissed with reproach and threats, breeds rebellion. Even Christian history tells this story.

But, alas, how much does the average Nigerian know about Christianity? Most even believe Christianity is not a religion. Call me mad.

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Originakalokalo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
Timothy 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

As for me and my house,

We shall serve the Lord.

Glory to the Ancient of Days

Glory to his lamb Jesus.

To him be glory, honour, power and Dominion now and forever more. Amen.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ishilove:
How atheists invade any thread discussing Christianity
Been thinking about this. Are those threads discussing Christianity? Really?

I sincerely hope Christianity has not become what those people/thread depict it to be. If it is, then it must not only be left to die, it should, and will be killed!

Christ taught a superior way of reasoning than those whom we atheists attack. I assure you that He would make far better mince of us than he did of those of his time.

P.s. Note that we pretty much stayed out of this thread, for some reason.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2017
Lalasticlala, seun, cry
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Lalasticlala, seun, cry

Brodaly I'm no longer sure I'm madder than you.

I weak for your own madness ....
Our can any nairalander in his right mind (although I'm sure the whole lot here are mad people, that's why I barely take them seriousgrin) call lalasticlala on a non-reptilian thread?

Your madness makes me speechlessgrin

compliments, where the party at grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by urahara(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2017
hahn:

When Christians try to defend Christianity

lmao
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
I'm going to throw it out there that there is nothing particularly so bad about Christianity itself, since it's aim is to make people Christ like. So perhaps it is Christians who are under attack as there is nothing particularly Christ like about the louder ones. Many lack Christ's scepticism, for instance

(I confess that I have met many silent Christ like people.)
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
budaatum:
I'm going to throw it out there that there is nothing particularly so bad about Christianity itself, since it's aim is to make people Christ like. So perhaps it is Christians who are under attack as there is nothing particularly Christ like about the louder ones. Many lack Christ's scepticism, for instance

(I confess that I have met many silent Christ like people.)

Lalasticlala, how far?

Hoping this works. sad grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by texanomaly(f): 5:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Is this actually my old friend “K”? If so...long time. Miss our talks. kiss
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2018
texanomaly:
Is this actually my old friend “K”? If so...long time. Miss our talks. kiss
cool same here. How are you? Long time.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by texanomaly(f): 2:55am On Feb 16, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

For if Christians had continued to act like the Christ they claim to believe in, Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity won't be the mediocrity it is today. Noisy. Pompous. Arrogant. Petulant.

Next Sunday, walk into any church. Raise these prayer points. Let all who lie die by fire. Let all who abuse public offices and office of trust be brought down by the Holy Ghost. May the mouths of those who have eaten "government money" seal up. And watch the service end early. They'd rather fight unseen enemies, evil uncles/aunties, and their village people.

That's all Christianity has become - a list of prayer points and tithe.

There are good Christians, who still appreciate the use of intellect and reason. Unfortunately, a vast majority of their brethren consider these Christians 'oversabi, atheist-to-be'. For them, to use the brain is to be carnal, to be in the flesh. Those in the Spirit, simply believe, no questions asked. Doubt or skepticism is not permitted.

But without doubt, I ask, how would you know truth or fact? Without skepticism, how do you tell TRUE from FALSE?

So when you see fellow Christians asking questions about tithes, be thankful for their doubts. Be grateful, for it gives a chance for one to review, and reveal new things. Doubts, when dismissed with reproach and threats, breeds rebellion. Even Christian history tells this story.

But, alas, how much does the average Nigerian know about Christianity? Most even believe Christianity is not a religion. Call me mad.

I agree with the bolded.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by texanomaly(f): 2:57am On Feb 16, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

cool same here. How are you? Long time.

Hope you are good? Been really busy. Back in school.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Meti99(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2018
anonimi:

Yet many of the sheeple are unwilling to redeem themselves from the yoke placed upon them by the gods of men they worship instead of worshiping God in spirit and in truth.
Who will free them of their mental slavery to these shylocks who scam them of their hard earned money?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

[long]http://spiritualcleansing.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/I-freed-a-thousand-slaves-I-could-have-freed-a-thousand-more-if-only-they-knew-theyh-were-slaves..jpg[/img]

You that is not held backward by religion, what have you achieved for your father's house?
Ignoramus fool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Edo Bear Yoruba Names / Jesus Lied / Do People Really Steal Other Peoples 'stars'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.