Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (46208 Views)

Cyril Ndifon: 16 Nude Videos Found In Suspended UNICAL Dean’s Phone / UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / Sexual Assault, Corruption: UNICAL Law Students Protest Against Cyril Ndifon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by lazygal: 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2017
Greatgrandson:
Correct guy.

You hit am badly. Next time she will talk with caution.

You and hatchy are one and the same person ..that's the height if mental disorder when u make a post then support your self.. It shows you are a social misfit and ordinarily people never seem.to like or agree with you

How can they ever ?
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Was it proven he raped her?

Why was he suspended? If he was wrongly suspended he would be suing them not going back to the same place

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Alexgeneration(m): 12:01am On Nov 15, 2017
TimeMod1:
You go school so?
Professor oya teach me. Why was he suspended if he was innocent?

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by TimeMod1: 12:09am On Nov 15, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Professor oya teach me. Why was he suspended if he was innocent?
He had to be suspended so that an independent investigation could take its course.

3 Likes

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by dlaw70(m): 12:26am On Nov 15, 2017
matty01:
see how they are celebrating the man as if he is a hero. He is old enough to be her grandfather, and he calls himself a learned person, a professor of law for that matter. Shame on you.

we also have another professor of law in this con3 working with bubu that can lie for Africa.

come and beat me,I am seating beside mayweather
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by baba4thegehs: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2017
See fine boys kiss
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Alexgeneration(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2017
TimeMod1:
He had to be suspended so that an independent investigation could take its course.
Professor, suspension is a punitive measure. why will you punish an innocent person?

The young lady has been cajoled not to sue the rapist.
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by seguno2: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2017
9jaDoc:
What sort of people are Nigerians??!!

Animals in human skin - Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
That is why we elect nonentities to run our country.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by YelloweWest: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria.... such a stupid and uncivilized people.

We are celebrating a rapist??
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by loswhite(m): 2:17am On Nov 15, 2017
lazygal:

Will you shut up there even if it was cooked up. What impression are we giving to international world worst of all out sons ,that its okay to rape?
what impression is the world giving to us? That it is ok for any girl to wake up one morning and start claiming sexual harassment to destroy a man's Career just by mere going to the press and saying I was sexually harassed 200 years ago....lol rubbish

3 Likes

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by loswhite(m): 2:22am On Nov 15, 2017
Alexgeneration:
He was suspended, meaning he indeed raped the girl.
lol....so suspended means guilty of rape in your court abi? You can be suspended pending when investigation is completed even without been guilty but I don't expect your brain to understand that sha

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by loswhite(m): 2:26am On Nov 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
what if he was framed?..think of the trauma him and his family have gone through?....do you know how it is to be accused of something you didn't do?
don't mind all this idiot girls... they just want any man accused of rape to be crucified forgetting that most girls are natural liars

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Engr1(m): 3:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Youngman I Give U Red Card!!!

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by paycorrect(m): 3:17am On Nov 15, 2017
The Dean of Law Faculty, University of Calabar, Cross River State, Professor Cyril Ndifon that was accused of raping a law student in the faculty, Sinemobong Ekong Nkang and subsequently suspended has been exonerated from the alleged offence by police investigation.
According to a Police Investigation report  obtained by THISDAY,  and signed by Assistant Superintendent of Police Babatunde Lasisi, 2i/c Force Gender  Unit, Force Headquarters, Abuja, three findings were made before recommendation that none of which indicted Ndifon.

They after a painstaking investigation discovered that, “from the totality of evidence adduced by the parties and witnesses, the following were deduced: they are

·  That the evidences of the complainant in this case are incoherent and partly disjointed

· That there is no material evidence to corroborate the testimonies of the complainant and build this offence of rape around the suspect sufficiently; and

·         That penetration which is the crux of the offence of rape was not revealed  by the medical evidence

“In the light of the above, therefore, it is important to restate that in decided authorities, important and essential ingredient of the offence of rape is penetration. Sexual intercourse is deemed complete upon proof of penetration of the penis into the vagina. This is presently absent looking at the medical evidence of examination of the complainant.

“On the other hand, it is a trite in law that for the prosecutor to succeed in a case of rape, the testimony of the complainant requires to be corroborated as a matter of practice.
However, ‘corroborative evidence is no more than evidence tending to confirm, support and strengthen other evidence sought to be corroborated.

In considering whether evidence is corroborative or not , the court must take the evidence as a whole and not piece  by piece and suspicion cannot give such evidence the quality of corroboration, see Ahmed vs Nigeria Army (2011) 1 NWLR (Pt 1227) p.112. There is also no such corroboration to strengthen the evidence in the instant case .

“Having highlighted all these, it is humbly submitted that the case file be duplicated and forwarded to the Force Legal Department for legal scrutiny and advise”.
Part of the 30 point findings in the investigation showed that Nkang was allegedly incoherent while she could not corroborate facts in statement she made at different times on the case.

Also, those who examined her and took her statement noted that she was too calm immediately after the reported incident to have undergone such harassment and that shortly after she was taken by her friends to the police to report the alleged rape, she made a statement and later was handed a form which she filled before she was medically examined by an expert.

“That the voluntary statement of the medical officer revealed that the complainant’s clothing was intact, no sign of rumpling nor torn pant and she was calm as she gave her stories.

“That the medical report revealed that upon examination of the complainant, there was no bleeding part of her body,  no laceration, abrasions nor bruises on her body. On vaginal examination, her panties were not stained, normal female external genitalis observed, no abrasion, bruises, no laceration. There was no hyperemia to show forceful penetration within her vulva and pineal region including her anus.

“That the voluntary statement of the medical officer who examined the complainant revealed an impression of query sexual assault to rule out pelvic inflammatory disease.

“That the statement of the complainant at the police station is completely at variance with her recent statements at the state CID, Calabar and Gender Unit of Force Headquarters, Abuja respectively”, the report said.

Part of the doubts raised by the report was the claim of the alleged victim that when her attacker held her down and removed her panties, he put on a condom and there was a knock at the door which he went to check and returned to put on another condom before he penetrated her, even when the environment was a busy one where students and workers trooped in and out.

However, since the alleged offence took place in Calabar, the report recommended returning the file to the Attorney general of the state for advice and decision on whether a charge could be filed.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/11/police-investigation-frees-unical-law-dean-of-rape-allegation/

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by 124mumsy: 3:27am On Nov 15, 2017
9jaDoc:
What sort of people are Nigerians??!!
Nigerians are good people great nation!
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by dikeigbo2(m): 3:29am On Nov 15, 2017
As stupid as you are,you stupidly fall for it abi?.....stop thinking with you preeck.....rather with your brain

TimeMod1:
What is this one saying?
People can use a bitch to set you up man.
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by positivetaught: 4:08am On Nov 15, 2017
Something tells me that the man was not actually guilty after all,fear ladies!.
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Jman06(m): 4:15am On Nov 15, 2017
And this is the reason nigeria has and will continue to remain backward. Nigerians celebrate mediocres and criminal elements. From corrupt politicians to internet fraudster, corrupt civil servants, wealthy criminals and rapists!

This so called professor should've returned back to campus with his head hidden in shame and as a remorseful and repentant man, instead he came with so much fanfare. Why wouldn't he commit even worst offence next time

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by babyBB: 4:44am On Nov 15, 2017
lazygal:

Will you shut up there even if it was cooked up. What impression are we giving to international world worst of all out sons ,that its okay to rape?
I see that most Nigerians are still colonized mentally. If wat d prof. did was wrong just be clear dat it was wrong but who cares abt what the international community thinks?
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 15, 2017
lazygal:

My friend keep quiet!
Was there any proof?
Mtchew. People claiming nonsense

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by tobiasbeecher: 5:37am On Nov 15, 2017
lazygal:

Are you implying he should be punished even if he didn't commit the crime? Where is the justice then?

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by TheCongo2: 5:37am On Nov 15, 2017
hatchy:
I can see from your comment that you lack good manners due to poor upbringing.
You are uncivilized and also exhibit some kind of rare mental disorder found in monkeys living in the deepest forest of Congo Kinshasa.

Its a pity that this illness has no known cure,therefore I'm afraid you will continue to abuse people in this forum till you meet your maker.

Ndo O'h!

I am offended ....

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Tdave01: 5:54am On Nov 15, 2017
I think he deserve a very big statue in the school �����
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by talk2percy(m): 6:02am On Nov 15, 2017
With the reception I am seeing here, I doubt if he really did rape that girl..I sense setup.
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by Nationalman: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2017
Greatgrandson:
Correct guy.

You hit am badly. Next time she will talk with caution.
See two mofos .Are you trying to justify the prof or what.What the guys is saying is correct.was he acquitted of the allegations.Only in Nigeria will this kind of rubbish happen and we will still have people trying to defend the rubbish. How would you feel if it was your babe or sister the the guy was said to have tospie

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by cardoctor(m): 6:14am On Nov 15, 2017
See him monkey face
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by miketayo(m): 6:26am On Nov 15, 2017
hatchy:
It could be a cooked up story just to bring him down.
Perhaps internal wrangling by opposing forces.

That's my Alma matter. Shit happens there.

Cooked or not it shouldn't be celebrated.. it's rape we are talking about
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by lazygal: 6:37am On Nov 15, 2017
babyBB:
I see that most Nigerians are still colonized mentally. If wat d prof. did was wrong just be clear dat it was wrong but who cares abt what the international community thinks?

I won't even dignify you so as to go deep into the matter

I CAN C ALL THE BIAS COMMENTS ARE FROM MEN AND MOST PROBABLY RAPISTS OR POTENTIAL RAPISTS
I WOULD WANT TO ASSUME MOST OR ALL OF YOU HAVE SISTERS...READ TO UNDERSTAND AND NOT JUST CONCLUDE AS TO WHAT YOU BELIEVE AM TRYING TO STATE

ITS NOT JUST ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL AND GETTING A DEGREE ,ITS WAY MORE THAN THAT

AS TO WHETHER EVEN THE MAN IS GUILTY OR NOT ,ONLY GOD KNOWS POLICE AND JUDICIARY ARE CORRUPT..CELEBRATING AND WELCOMING IS SENDING A VERY VERY WRONG SIGNAL .WYEN YOUR SISTER GETS RAPED AND THUD SAME SCENARIO COMES OUT TO PLAY YOU WILL UNDERSRAND EXACTLY MY POINT .
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by lazygal: 6:39am On Nov 15, 2017
miketayo:

Cooked or not it shouldn't be celebrated.. it's rape we are talking about

God bless you and may he bring honor to you and your family .my point exactly and yet people seem to differ..its really alarming how this our generation thinks .may God save us
Re: UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation by lazygal: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2017
Fyi0:

My friend keep quiet!
Was there any proof?
Mtchew. People claiming nonsense

You have been noticed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Gave Me Animal Science / Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" / Cyril Ndifon: 16 Nude Videos Found In Suspended UNICAL Dean’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.