Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power (25682 Views)

New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe / Update: No Military Takeover In Zimbabwe - Says Zimbabwe Defence Forces (Video) / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by bedspread: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
ConcernedWife:
Job search for Hubby - Help a Concerned wife

Pls nairalanders, I thought about this for a long time before I decided to make this announcement. I made sure I exhausted every possible means before coming down here. Please do not crucify me.

I can't divulge everything here . I am looking for a job for my sweetheart . You know when a man with children is out of job.

Anyone please help.

location - lagos

He was a former banker-not sacked.

contact me on affiliatemess@gmail.com
SISTER I SALUTE YOUR COURAGE AND LOVE FOR UR HUBBY....
I JOIN MY VOICE IN REQUESTING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR THIS LADY.....
ANYONE WHO CAN OFFER SHOULD PLEASE OFFER...
YOU ARE BLESSED

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by klassd(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bloggers and fabrication of stories. this headline is misleading. No where in the video did he mention that he can't be removed by a coup.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by anibirelawal(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
The fall of the self-acclaimed mighty.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by 2shure: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
jus imagine if buhari had been trappin us since 1980 til date.
rapture for don take place since.
ppl go don kill themselves throway.
lagos lagoon for don full up pass barca stadium
wtf
mugabe
strong man.

no one lives foreva
we all gonna grow old someday and be damn weak

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by ahamonyeka(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
MrValentineIF:
@InsideOutBlog

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6259511_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249

At the moment, Zimbabwe is in turmoil. The whereabout of its 93-year old president, Robert Mugabe is unknown but the military assures that he's in safe hands with his family.

There's unusual military movement in the capital and many punidts suspect it may be a coup and despite taking over the state owned media house, ZBC, the military insists all is well.

Below is a 1980 interview that Mugabe granted to BBC shortly after he took power. In the interview, he said no military can remove him as he intends to rule the country with firmness.

Watch below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXn2JR-RuY

http://insideout247..com.ng/2017/11/1980-video-of-robert-mugabe-saying-no.html

let the military take over after all does he want to die there? Greedy africa man.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Princewell2012(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
I thouth one lecturer here says the youth cant read, that mugabe is still in power shocked hmmm
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by MTKbudapest(m): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
But now it has. Glory be to God.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Orpe7(m): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
There come a time even the people you bribe to stay in power will say no as yall have become a laughing stock to the world. Imagine him saying he wants his wife to succeed him.
Rubbish!
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Sparkle777(f): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
And to think that Rochas has already erected his statue. Oh well, another 500mil down the drain.
As for Mugabe, abeg go and rest.

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by zicoraads: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Well, if only he hadn't lost sight of why he came to power in the first place. At the moment, almost everyone in that country and elsewhere see this as a welcomed relief.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by DONADAMS(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
lol
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by maiacct23: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2017

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
xxx5433:

Jesus can save you from sin.

Repent
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Orpe7(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
AMERICA HAS A HAND IN THIS.
THERE MUST BE SONETHING IN ZIMBABWE THATS INTERESTING THEM

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by ivolt: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
niceprof:
He is right,for 37 years the military couldn't do anything and now that he is an old man,they are busy blocking roads.Mugabe and Gaddafi still remains the best African Leaders,if not for the imperialist ,zimbabawe could have developed more than this.

Excuses are the hallmark of failures.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
9jakohai:

A country cannot develop using an economy based on selling raw materials, and using the revenues to import.

Libya was exporting oil, and using the money to import foreign stuff, including foreign military hardware. Instead of making its own.

Zimbabwe economy was based on exporting agric produce and diamonds. Plus Mugabe's land redistribution wrecked the economy by depriving it of forex which lead to inflation and a weakened economy, and the currency becoming worthless.

Gaddafi and Mugabe.... All those years in power, and their countries cannot make cars, guns, computer, etc. Meanwhile, Deng of China and Park of South Korea spent twenty years in power, and both their countries became manufacturing hubs, now powers.

Sorry, but Gaddafi and Mugabe were the cause of their country's problems by their import dependent policies. Which made their countries more vulnerable to the same imperialist powers.

Blantant nonsense. Libya was a desert pre Gadaffi, he ensured every Libyan lived a great life. They laid no bills on water or electricity and they were always paid educated or not. Gaddfit reduced the employment and illeteracy rate of Libya and in the midst of all these, he was at war with NATO.

The same NATO ousted him and turned the country to a failed state. Know your facts right

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by shejane: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
That's good
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Ugosample(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
9jakohai:

A country cannot develop using an economy based on selling raw materials, and using the revenues to import.

Libya was exporting oil, and using the money to import foreign stuff, including foreign military hardware. Instead of making its own.

Zimbabwe economy was based on exporting agric produce and diamonds. Plus Mugabe's land redistribution wrecked the economy by depriving it of forex which lead to inflation and a weakened economy, and the currency becoming worthless.

Gaddafi and Mugabe.... All those years in power, and their countries cannot make cars, guns, computer, etc. Meanwhile, Deng of China and Park of South Korea spent twenty years in power, and both their countries became manufacturing hubs, now powers.

Sorry, but Gaddafi and Mugabe were the cause of their country's problems by their import dependent policies. Which made their countries more vulnerable to the same imperialist powers.

Gbam!

You nailed it
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Jbleenk: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
Take this

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by ivolt: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
zicoraads:
Well, if only he hadn't lost sight of why he came to power in the first place. At the moment, almost everyone in that country and elsewhere see this as a welcomed relief.

How do you know that?

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Ugosample(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
ollah1:

Blantant nonsense. Libya was a desert pre Gadaffi, he ensured every Libyan lived a great life. They laid no bills on water or electricity and they were always paid educated or not. Gaddfit reduced the employment and illeteracy rate of Libya and in the midst of all these, he was at war with NATO.

The same NATO ousted him and turned the country to a failed state. Know your facts right

Gadaffi was a problem that needed to be dealt with

And the mission has been accomplished

You gadaffi sympathisers can cry all you want
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
ollah1:

1.Gaddafi was able to do all that with liberal oil revenues. Libya has 5 million people, and was producing ten times more oil than Nigeria.

2.My ultimate point which you missed was that countries that are not manufacturing powers, especially in terms of military weapons are weak countries

See China and Iran. Both who learned the hard way to invest in industrial development, and as a result are not vulnerable at all to imperialist powers.

Zimbabwe now just exports diamonds, imports all it needs, thereby destroying it's local industry and job creation power, creating discontent, which leads to crisis

As King Gezo said two centuries ago..
He who makes the gunpowder wins the war.

Gaddafi fought NATO with weapons made in NATO countries. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

See my point?
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by sammhi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
niceprof:
He is right,for 37 years the military couldn't do anything and now that he is an old man,they are busy blocking roads.Mugabe and Gaddafi still remains the best African Leaders,if not for the imperialist ,zimbabawe could have developed more than this.
silly ! very silly
which imperialists? before Mugabe came to power most Zimbabweans were millionaires. the citizens were one of the richest in the world .
he crumbled the economy due to his greedy, stupidity and selfishness and you are here writing gibberish
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ugosample:

Gbam!

You nailed it

Thanks.

You can be pro or anti US for all I care. So long as you rely on other countries manufacturing products, you are a weak country.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Ugosample(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
9jakohai:

1.Gaddafi was able to do all that with liberal oil revenues. Libya has 5 million people, and was producing ten times more oil than Nigeria.

2.My ultimate point which you missed was that countries that are not manufacturing powers, especially in terms of military weapons are weak countries

See China and Iran. Both who learned the hard way to invest in industrial development, and as a result are not vulnerable at all to imperialist powers.

Zimbabwe now just exports diamonds, imports all it needs, thereby destroying it's local industry and job creation power, creating discontent, which leads to crisis

Gaddafi fought NATO with weapons made in NATO countries. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

See my point?

I see your point very clearly

If he was so loved by his people, why was it only his tribesmen from sirte and environs fighting for him?

42 years in power, and you could not build a sustainable institution that will continue to work even when you are no longer there.

And people hail gadaffi grin

Anyways I don't blame them, they are from Sub Saharan Africa, where they have things worse
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
9jakohai:

See my point?

You can't just start making weapons and the rest of then without adequate resources and knowledge. China developed today thanks to border closure and sending the best minds overseas for knowledge.

South Korea was backed by USA. Who was supporting Gadaffi? The African leaders that had no balls or NATO that he was against. If Gadaffi was still alivez terorrism wouldn't have skyrocketed to this level and I'm damn sure he would have made Russia and China allies.

Gadaffi didn't make weapons but he gave Libyan the very best. What's the purpose of making those weapons while the majority of the population would be hungry? Or you want a North Korea version of Libya?

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ugosample:

Gadaffi was a problem that needed to be dealt with

And the mission has been accomplished

You gadaffi sympathisers can cry all you want

Oh ok. Since Gaddafi was a problem and the mission has been accomplished, Libyans now live heaven on Earth right?

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ugosample:

I see your point very clearly

If he was so loved by his people, why was it only his tribesmen from sirte and environs fighting for him?

42 years in power, and you could not build a sustainable institution that will continue to work even when you are no longer there.

And people hail gadaffi grin

Anyways I don't blame them, they are from Sub Saharan Africa, where they have things worse

Jesus was also fought by people that lived close him and one of his closest sold him out. Your point?
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by 1miccza: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
bedspread:
At Least up till this Moment, He is still in Power....
MUGABE IS A BLESSING TO AFRICA.... HIS BEING ALIVE IS FOR A REASON....
IF NOT FOR A MAN AS THIS, Obama would hv Forced his Abominable gay/lesbian laws on nations here...

Very correct
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by toprealman: 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
niceprof:
They both lost the plot....don't be a slowpoke. Engage your brain cells.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liverpool Stripped Of UNESCO World Heritage Status / UAE Successfully Launches Hope Probe, Arab World’s First Mission To Mars / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.