Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (52444 Views)

I Snubbed Super Eagles Because Of Man City – Nedum Onuoha Opens Up / Patrice Evra Backs England To Win Euro 2020 While Holding A Fish (Photos) / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by cadre88(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2017
So person weyy deyy play for England no fit break leg? Or if he break leg while playing for England, Dem go fix am for am? Wetin England do to Hargreaves?
paradigmshift:
until you break your leg and them go abandon u, u go regret y u chose lol

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by emperorchedda(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2017
slyfoxxjoe:
Honestly he stands a better chance of winning trophies at the national level with Nigeria..because neither England nor Nigeria are ever going to win the world cup but at least Nigeria has a better chance of winning the AFCON than England have of winning Euros.
Perfect!
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by wizjid69: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2017
generalbush:
He is a good addition to the team...

Unlike others assholes who felt they had a chance with the 3-Lions.

I hope Solanke and Tammy Abraham buy big buckets and towels their cry go plenty. The only one that will go to Russia is Dele Alli.
The rest are Agbonlahor in waiting!

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by generalbush(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2017
wizjid69:

I hope Solanke and Tammy Abraham buy big buckets and towels their cry go plenty. The only one that will go to Russia is Dele Alli.
The rest are Agbonlahor in waiting!

You saw my point. They go cry tire...

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by enonche85(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2017
generalbush:
He is a good addition to the team...

Unlike others assholes who felt they had a chance with the 3-Lions.

As.sholes like Jordan Ibe, solanke, agbolanhor and Tammy u mean?. grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by enonche85(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2017
Pheals:
Nice one but still... If I gat options wanna lecture abroad not this country

Football and lecturing are two different things. undecided
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by ogbonti: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

Iwobi is below average only to you. Who told you my judgment is based on his two goals yesterday?

I have watched that boy perform in the premier league and i can tell you and anyone else that he is definitely worthy to start for England or at the very least start from the bench.

ANICHEBE = Average, not Iwobi

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by paradigmshift(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2017
cadre88:
So person weyy deyy play for England no fit break leg? Or if he break leg while playing for England, Dem go fix am for am? Wetin England do to Hargreaves?
na me and u dey 9ja and we know how e dey work. 9ja no dey care for players o. on their own bro lol.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by emperormossad(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Pheals:
why do u ask
Just curious.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by jeffjoker: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2017
Richardabbey:
FTC 4 the 1st time ,,,,,, hoooooooraaaaayyyyyy cheesy
please who can tell me the name of this guy's network?
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Rockyrascal(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
I just love this our new green jersey.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Bamz(m): 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
Denizsmart:
One thing I like about this guy is his lethargic lethal finishing especially when he is inside the 18 yard box
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by mechanics(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
And he made a nice decision.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by victree007(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Pheals:
Nice one but still... If I gat options wanna lecture abroad not this country
With the right moves you will surely see your dreams come through.
I like your dreams though
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by globalid: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
robosky02:
Alex Iwobi reveals why he snubbed England to play for Nigeria

Super Eagles star, Alex Iwobi has disclosed the reasons he snubed England for Nigeria after scoring a brace in the win over Argentina on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old made the choice to play international football for Nigeria in 2015 despite featuring in England’s youth teams.

Iwobi admitted his family, including his uncle and former Bolton star, Jay-Jay Okocha, played a pivotal role in the decision.

“I was growing up in England and England was the only national team I knew, so I was actually very pleased to play at national level,” Iwobi told Soccer Laduma.

“However, my family are all from Nigeria, I was born in Nigeria, my uncle (Jay-Jay Okocha) is a legend in Nigeria.

“That’s why I thought I would give it a chance. That’s why I went to the U23s and somehow felt more welcome, and I thought it’s where I belong, so I made the decision to switch.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/15/alex-iwobi-reveals-snubbed-england-play-nigeria/
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Lakeland4321: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Ejomax77 post=62415423]He ain't that lethal! he still needs to work on his finishing skills.[/quote. Denizsmart:
One thing I like about this guy is his lethargic finishing especially when he is inside the 18 yard box. Lethargic doesn't mean lethal, it's means slow and inefficient

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Ejomax77(m): 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Lakeland4321 post=62437572][/quote]Oh,my bad. thanks anyway.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by aribisala0(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Lakeland4321 post=62437572][/quote]
Lethargy can be lethal grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Deban: 1:59am On Nov 17, 2017
emperorchedda:
Iwobi is a winger, where do you think he will survive in a wing containing Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford (who can also be a ruthless winger, same with Daniel Sturridge), Oxlade Chamberlain even benched Iwobi in Arsenal. The best he will do is make the bench. A player like Lingaard who is on the same level with Iwobi only manages the bench
Sorry, it's you that know nothing about football not that fellow. You people just say shiit with Nationality sentiment

If Tammy Abraham today, switches allegiance to Nigeria it's only because he couldn't make the England squad, same thing Victor Moses did, Ola Aina did and Shola Ameobi

Mind you, England national team never called him up, so he's wrong to use the word snub

You are wrong. Victor Moses choosing to play for England caused some problems in the English FA. Stuart Pierce, the then Under 23 coach was blamed for not doing enough to play for England. His football development suffered some setback because he chose Nigeria over England. He was one of the best at the time when growing up.

The English FA encourage the EPL teams to give English players more playing time ahead of players of foreign countries, during football seasons before major tournaments like the world cup or european cup, to prepare the English players for such tournaments. That was what Moses suffered in Liverpool while Sterling got more playing time before the 2014 world cup.

Who is Tammy Abraham going to bench in the Nigerian team? He is not good enough at the time. At the time Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria, he was not good enough because we had better players. At the time, he was still playing in the Austrian league. That was when Austria capped him. Just like Emmanuel Adebayo ho had no chance tonplay for Nigeria at the time because of the likes of KANU and Okocha, but had no choice than play for Togo. The English team is actually not better than the Nigerian team.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by naijabioworth(m): 4:40am On Nov 18, 2018
Born on the 3rd of May 1996 Alex Iwobi is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a winger for top premier league football club arsenal. Full names Alexander Chuka Iwobi, he is a nephew to Nigerian legend Jay Jay Okocha

https://naijabioworth.com.ng/alex-iwobi-biography-age-early-life-family-football-profile-net-worth/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sergio Aguero Tries To Score Penalty Using Panenka But Fails (Photos, Video) / Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't / Plus-Sized Lady's Acrobatic Skills Wows Internet Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.