Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store (21245 Views)

Google Removes The Default Navigation Buttons On Android P & Adds More Features / How To Resume UC Browser 'link Expired' Downloads / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2017
I did not read the post but I believe Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. For this country to get better, it must start with you and me. People do things to favour them. What am I saying? A thread about this UC browser was created yesterday and I commented first, because of greed and wickedness of some mod, they did not move it to front page. Now one of the mod created the thread and he comment first so he moved it to front page. Check the pic to see the former thread. Wayo no go make us grow for this country

2 Likes

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by bizhop01: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2017
Using glo network & google chrome browser to downloading a file of 2G,will take you not less than 4days.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Collinz2(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2017
sweetkev:
My UC browser is still working. Fake news undecided
and who said UC Browser is not working? Read very well before u comment. Google remove the browser from their store because it violated one of their rule and that doesnt mean u cant download the browser from other market or source and it also doesnt mean the browser wont work again. Geez!

1 Like

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Craigbrown4076: 8:50am On Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm... I have this feeling it would be brought back though, Uc browser has arguably one of the best download managers around. It also saves data better than Chrome. Although Chrome renders websites the better.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Naijaarchive(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
Na Operamini come worst pass cheesy

Try Opera Browser...
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by blastac: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2017
Bro read well.... Is it UC browser that banned Google from China ahn ahn.. don't u know if Google wasn't banned in China ucbrowser would be among the most downloaded app on playstore Google been banned there is also affecting their business

Abudu2000:
Good move, when China barned Google they never knew something like this will happen?
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Alwaysking: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Fresia01:
I actually opened this thread with uc browser.. Anything nairaland is accessed through my UC browser.. Other things are done by chrome
Amara why are you ignoring me now, are you still angry with me?
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Fayo111: 9:23am On Nov 16, 2017
Because of their many Sins

PATRONIZE

www.hostgate.com.ng
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by wrestleman: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2017
MrSonik:
UC Browser, a popular cellular internet browser in lots of emerging markets, owned by China’s Alibaba Group, it has disappeared from the Google Play Store. In line with the info from app analytics firm App Annie, the app was pulled from the Google Play Store on November 12.

A number of customers started inquiring in regards to the app’s whereabouts earlier this week on Reddit. It was not clear why the app was removed.

As reported by a Twitter user Mike Ross, who claims to be a developer at Alibaba Group, Google pulled UC Browser from its store as a result of “misleading” and “unhealthy” promotional ways utilized by the corporate to increase the install count of its app.

UC Browser Mini, a light-weight model of the corporate’s browser remains to be accessible on Google Play. Although UC Browser isn’t popular within the Western markets, the Alibaba’s app is extremely well-liked in markets like India.

As of July, UC Browser had been installed in more than 100 million devices worldwide from Google Play Store.

UC Browser remains to be obtainable to download on Apple’s App Store, Amazon’s Android store, and thru firm’s official website.

https://www.mytechcommunity.com/3777/google-removes-uc-browser/

it was removed because they share user India with China
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by DonroxyII: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
Na Operamini come worst pass cheesy
Opera mini is my best browser for navigating websites while UCbrowser is used for downloading (opera mini is even better at downloding now ) while chrome is my official browser for conducting special official browsing !!!

I love opera mini more sha !!!
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2017
I like UCBrowser.. Its fast
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by charlsecy(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2017
sweetkev:
Please read the news again.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by tosyne2much(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2017
bastien:
Best browser, to go back and front dey sweet die... And to download..? Mehn no app come close!
As far as downloading is concerned, UC leads others follow cheesy

1 Like

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Talkwell: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2017
oshe11:
Why Cant Google REMOVE Buhari from NIGERIA as well

He's not on play store yet

2 Likes

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by bastien: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
As far as downloading is concerned, UC leads others follow cheesy
u dey tells u
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by oshe11: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2017
Talkwell:

He's not on play store yet
na to upload am dere oo

1 Like

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Maisillion(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2017
sweetkev:

Buhari Caused This Now grin.Hunger No Goodundecided.Did The Post Said Its Not Working .Jesus Is Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by tosyne2much(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2017
DonroxyII:
Opera mini is my best browser for navigating websites while UCbrowser is used for downloading (opera mini is even better at downloding now ) while chrome is my official browser for conducting special official browsing !!!

I love opera mini more sha !!!
UC browser will open many sites operamini cannot open.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Damfostopper(m): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2017
lol... The end of Solomon Grundy.... ucbrowser rocks
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Leopantro: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2017
install a traffic monitor app and run it on your phone. you will notice that UC browser sends a lot of data to an ISP in China EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT ACTIVELY USING IT. another thing is it auto updates bypassing the play store who will check for hidden back doors.
same with Xender
the worst is UC browser for PC
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Reeberry: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2017
Collinz2:
and who said UC Browser is not working? Read very well before u comment. Google remove the browser from their store because it violated one of their rule and that doesnt mean u cant download the browser from other market or source and it also doesnt mean the browser wont work again. Geez!
How does it violated their rules?
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by MrCEO69(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2017
MrSonik:
UC Browser, a popular cellular internet browser in lots of emerging markets, owned by China’s Alibaba Group, it has disappeared from the Google Play Store. In line with the info from app analytics firm App Annie, the app was pulled from the Google Play Store on November 12.

A number of customers started inquiring in regards to the app’s whereabouts earlier this week on Reddit. It was not clear why the app was removed.

As reported by a Twitter user Mike Ross, who claims to be a developer at Alibaba Group, Google pulled UC Browser from its store as a result of “misleading” and “unhealthy” promotional ways utilized by the corporate to increase the install count of its app.

UC Browser Mini, a light-weight model of the corporate’s browser remains to be accessible on Google Play. Although UC Browser isn’t popular within the Western markets, the Alibaba’s app is extremely well-liked in markets like India.

As of July, UC Browser had been installed in more than 100 million devices worldwide from Google Play Store.

UC Browser remains to be obtainable to download on Apple’s App Store, Amazon’s Android store, and thru firm’s official website.

https://www.mytechcommunity.com/3777/google-removes-uc-browser/

One cant even google search with uc again.. this has been on for a very long time
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Ups01(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2017
This is a very good Move. They've been doing illegal phishing and their push notifications are just too much
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2017
I TRIED DOWNLOADING IT YESTERDAY BUT NO WAY.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by sweetkev(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Maisillion:

Buhari Caused This Now grin.Hunger No Goodundecided.Did The Post Said Its Not Working .Jesus Is Lord
Lol, do I look like an hungry dude to you cheesy
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by ernieboy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
kkko:
I did not read the post but I believe Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. For this country to get better, it must start with you and me. People do things to favour them. What am I saying? A thread about this UC browser was created yesterday and I commented first, because of greed and wickedness of some mod, they did not move it to front page. Now one of the mod created the thread and he comment first so he moved it to front page. Check the pic to see the former thread. Wayo no go make us grow for this country
that's what happens when u have a forums with fake front page topic selection, in other forums topics rise to the front page based on the number of comments and the popularity amongst members.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
ernieboy:

that's what happens when u have a forums with fake front page topic selection, in other forums topics rise to the front page based on the number of comments and the popularity amongst members.
Kindly check the previous and compare with the present. Stop been bias
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Collinz2(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
Reeberry:
How does it violated their rules?
I don't know, what make you think they removed it?
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by IhateRetards: 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
Make I run go check see if my apk file still dey so as to avoid stories dat touch wen I wan download series

Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Collinz2(m): 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
UC browser will open many sites operamini cannot open.
opera mini renders simple web pages thats why it is called a mini browser, try opera browser and see. Chrome is even better than uc browser.
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by Collinz2(m): 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
Leopantro:
install a traffic monitor app and run it on your phone. you will notice that UC browser sends a lot of data to an ISP in China EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT ACTIVELY USING IT. another thing is it auto updates bypassing the play store who will check for hidden back doors.
same with Xender
the worst is UC browser for PC
so u leave firefox 4 pc na uc u wan use abi
Re: Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store by franxalive(m): 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
ringi82:
That app no dey ever die. Always running in the background and eating up your battery juice. Aside that, I love the app.

SPOT ON...YOU SAID IT ALL... THAT'S MY ONLY REASON WHY I UNINSTALLED THE MAIN APP...AN RATHER INSTALLED THE LITE VERSION...I JUST TIRE FOR THE APP HEATING UP MA PHONE, ALWAYS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND SAPPING MY BATTERY ETC. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your Phone Softwares Here / Which Browser Is Best For Android Phones? / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.