Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling (12327 Views)

Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections / Lagos Assembly Spends ₦2.4 Billion On 80 Cars In 11 Months / How NHIS Squandered Over N6.8 Billion On Illegal Allowances – Audit Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by meliziz12(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
Wow this is damn!what do they do with their salaries then....I'm Meliziz and I'm releasing new song very soon.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by FrankGiel: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
AnodaIT:
Domestic trip where the only thing they spend money is fuel for the Presidential jet

They stay at state government presidential lounge and move about in state vehicles, eat state food and even wear state clothes

The same state government will be spending 50m to host Mr President

I'm just tired of this country, who get free visa to Guam?
Brother, u think cost of owning an aircraft is similar to that of vehicles grin
U think they wouldn't budget for flight crew, aircraft maintenance, jet fuel, parking fees, Security personnels etc.. Google is ur friend.. The united state president spent $24million (I leave you to do the conversion) in 10 weeks covering six trips to his Florida resort..
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by annabana234: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
FULL VIDEO: Buhari presents N8.612 trillion 2018 budget of ‘consolidation’ to NASS
https://oak.tv/full-video-buhari-presents-n8-612-trillion-2018-budget-consolidation-nass/
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Jointhemiltons2(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
DWJOBScom:
Let's not politicize this!

Presidents must make trips , even company executives make travel expenses as high as this.

Remember these cost cover Security , accommodation etc
I agree with the foreign travels buh the local travel expenses is outrageous. If dey travel to a state dey sleep at their presidential lounge and even drive state cars. And dey don’t even stay up to 3days o.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by DWJOBScom(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:

I agree with the foreign travels buh the local travel expenses is outrageous. If dey travel to a state dey sleep at their presidential lounge and even drive state cars. And dey don’t even stay up to 3days o.

That's true though and i didn't note that too

It should be cheaper

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
Teebilion:
Nigerians right now

It's the zombies.
The 5% already said this would happen grin
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by wtfcoded: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
AnodaIT:
Domestic trip where the only thing they spend money is fuel for the Presidential jet

They stay at state government presidential lounge and move about in state vehicles, eat state food and even wear state clothes

honestly, this is why nigeria is lagging behind, corruption has eaten us very deep.
Another reason i support restructuring.
Politics should't be an avenue to get rich quick.
Restructuring will curb alot of corruption n other problem this country is facing.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
LaughButton01:
and then? ignoramus people will say it's too much.
is it your money? you work put for government hand?
do you know how much a trip cost and how many destinations in a year? feeding,movement within the places, security, hanger fees(parking spaces) abi because they said "the president" you think it's only him that will go? nothing concern una. the one wey him use for 2017 e no pain you cuz una no know. if una hear say Na 2.3billion una go dey because. how e take affect you? if them no go e say make you get more money?
most of una family dey work under government dey earn millions. you think na beans government dey pay for all these kind things?
shiooor

Ur either fooooooooooling ur self or u were paid to post this.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
wtfcoded:

honestly, this is why nigeria is lagging behind, corruption has eaten us very deep.
Another reason i support restructuring.
Politics should't be an avenue to get rich quick.
Restructuring will curb alot of corruption n other problem this country is facing.

Corruption is not the problem in nigeria.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by PointB: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
Are they traveling to the Moon?
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by wtfcoded: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Corruption is not the problem in nigeria.
what else could it be?
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2017
wtfcoded:

what else could it be?

The number 1 problem in nigeria is -

1). Lack of knowledge. Whether a leader is corrupt or not, they will fail badly if they are uneducated or generally lacking in knowledge. For example, A leader MUST understand what KW, MW, GW and generally how the power sector works, only then can they understand the problems of the power sector and thus there a chance they can fix it.
AKPABIO (who at the minimum wanted to bring change in Akwaibom) spent 100 million dollars to build a stadium in a city wit at least 500,000 unemployed youths , if akpabio was knowledgeable enough, he would have used 50 million dollars to build an industrial layout with a 50MW gas turbine solely to power the industrial layout with uninterrupted power supply and use the remaining 50 million dollars for generating the power(to generate 1MW costs 1 million dollars on average). Several industries would have come to uyo and this will create a lot of employment in Akwaibom and more importantly akwaibom state will collect 5% tax from salaries monthly of thousands of the workers in that industrial layout and also collect taxation of those companies, this will reduce crime and generate strong IGR for his government and the future governments. Instead he built a stadium n named it after himself.
2). Tribalism/Religion. Religion n tribe affilation is what most leaders consider while giving appointments. Need not say more. We sacrifice excellence for members of our religion or state of origin.

3). Fixing idiotic pegs in round holes - Only under GEJ did we witness a significant milestone in the power sector and this was because the minister for power wasn't just a mechanical engineer, But has also worked in power generating firms in America for over 20 years. Buhari chose a lawyer as minister for power and we started generating 0MW at some points. Even if fashola remains the minister for power for 30 years, he will NEVER Fix our power problems. People spend 5 - 10 years to become a Dr or PhD holder in such a field and yet we expect someone who didn't even offer science subjects in secondary school to fill such a void.
Ngige who is a Medical doctor became minister for labour, Which idiot did that.

Lemme assume u read Civil engineer and I appoint u to head the Microbiology section of a hospital, where would I start

There are more than 8 doctors on bubus appointment list, why did people think such a cabinet won't drive nigeria back to the 16th century. I really laughed wen APC idiots were hailing the ministerial list. Yorubas were happy wen fashola got 3 ministries he has no fukking knowledge about them. It's really a pity.
In America u can only become a secretary for energy if u read Mechanical engr, electrical engineering , Nuclear physics, etc, u MUST have a long term experience in that field, If the president sends a medical doctor or lawyer to the Senate for confirmation, I promise u the Senate won't even hold a session that day.

No matter how much time u spend fighting corruption, it won't give u good roads, it won't bring external investments in nigeria, fighting corruption won't generate MW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by daraghdave: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
AnodaIT:

you don't have to be bitter about this... Leadership comes with benefits, and there is nothing immoral about it. Remember how you wished to be class captain back in primary school just so you could enjoy the special privileges... Yeaaah... That's it.
Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Reference(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
PrecisionFx:

1). Lack of knowledge. Whether a leader is corrupt or not, they will fail badly if they are uneducated or generally lacking in knowledge. For example, A leader MUST understand what KW, MW, GW and generally how the power sector works, only then can they understand the problems of the power sector and thus there a chance they can fix it.
AKPABIO (who at the minimum wanted to bring change in Akwaibom) spent 100 million dollars to build a stadium in a city wit at least 500,000 unemployed youths , if akpabio was knowledgeable enough, he would have used 50 million dollars to build an industrial layout with a 50MW gas turbine solely to power the industrial layout with uninterrupted power supply and use the remaining 50 million dollars for generating the power(to generate 1MW costs 1 million dollars on average). Several industries would have come to uyo and this will create a lot of employment in Akwaibom and more importantly akwaibom state will collect 5% tax from salaries monthly of thousands of the workers in that industrial layout and also collect taxation of those companies, this will reduce crime and generate strong IGR for his government and the future governments. Instead he built a stadium n named it after himself.
2). Tribalism/Religion. Religion n tribe affilation is what most leaders consider while giving appointments. Need not say more. We sacrifice excellence for members of our religion or state of origin.

3). Fixing idiotic pegs in round holes - Only under GEJ did we witness a significant milestone in the power sector and this was because the minister for power wasn't just a mechanical engineer, But has also worked in power generating firms in America for over 20 years. Buhari chose a lawyer as minister for power and we started generating 0MW at some points. Even if fashola remains the minister for power for 30 years, he will NEVER Fix our power problems. People spend 5 - 10 years to become a Dr or PhD holder in such a field and yet we expect someone who didn't even offer science subjects in secondary school to fill such a void.

Lemme assume u read Civil engineer and I appoint u to head the Microbiology section of a hospital, where would I start

There are more than 8 doctors on bubus appointment list, why did people think such a cabinet won't drive nigeria back to the 16th century. I really laughed wen APC idiots were hailing the ministerial list. Yorubas were happy wen fashola got 3 ministries he has no fukking knowledge about them. It's really a pity.
In America u can only become a secretary for energy if u read Mechanical engr, electrical engineering , Nuclear physics, etc, u MUST have a long term experience in that field, If the president sends a medical doctor or lawyer to the Senate for confirmation, I promise u the Senate won't even hold a session that day.

No matter how much time u spend fighting corruption, it won't give u good roads, it won't bring external investments in nigeria, fighting corruption won't generate MW.

The thing just taya me.... Nigerians are so, so, so dull.... Its a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, carried by a question mark to lala land...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by bhankymyk(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
Are they going to space

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by cooltola(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
The problem with Nigeria is the Federal government is too powerful and very wasteful. let each region decide on how to generate its own money and spend its own money. Some states cannot even generate a form of income and rely heavily on the federal government as the sole income. Nigeria cannot continue, it is time for the Northern States to step up and stop relying on the Federal Government/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by seguno2: 3:19am On Nov 18, 2017
Barmmyshoes:
Hmmmmm. If the traveling will yield stable electricity. No wahala. It's high time something is done about it.

Check my signature for your quality and durable footwear.

#ItsYourShoemakerGirl #WedoTheBest

Please explain how you expect the traveling to yield electricity?
Is that how you make your shoes?
They must be so worwor and flekefleke things that don’t deserve to be called shoes.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by seguno2: 3:21am On Nov 18, 2017
cooltola:
The problem with Nigeria is the Federal government is too powerful and very wasteful. let each region decide on how to generate its own money and spend its own money. Some states cannot even generate a form of income and rely heavily on the federal government as the sole income. Nigeria cannot continue, it is time for the Northern States to step up and stop relying on the Federal Government/

Good observation.
How do we move forward from observation to correction?
Any idea of needed action?

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by seguno2: 3:26am On Nov 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Are you sure that you are a Nigerian? grin
Such uncommon wisdom around here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by anonimi: 6:55am On Nov 18, 2017
cooltola:

Our only saviour presidiot bubu will do that already as promised since 2011.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2017
seguno2:

Are you sure that you are a Nigerian? grin
Such uncommon wisdom around here.

I am oo. I'm from Enugu state..

The truth is that no one loves nigeria. The only tribe that has love nigeria and dreams of a great future for everyone coincidentally are the igbos. They have spent the last 40 years looking for unity and they live in every clan, village, local government, states across nigeria. If the north n SW can show that same little love, the nation will at the minimum start moving forward.

An American civilian or soldier ( even the ones that aren't citizens) would risk their lives to pull down the American flag to avoid bullets from tearing their flag or to allow people to burn their flag. This is because on average America believe in accepting everyone as one, They have so much luv for their country.

As long as we don't restructure nigeria or split it if necessary, I will never support nigeria again.
(Though to the north, restructuring is separation resource wise).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Of Boko Haram Will Come Sooner Than Later - VP Osinbajo Says / 2027: Deji Adeyanju Endorses Sowore, Prays For Atiku-Obi Merger Plan To Crash / Exclusive Photo Of Young President Jonathan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.