Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made (30164 Views)

Which Food Do You Love To Eat,But Doesn't Agree With Your Body System? / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
delivryboy:

Once I came to school (primary school) really early and saw the old Hausa woman who sells Donkwa was molding the ball of donkwa in her palm and spitting saliva lightly on it to give it a perfect round shape. I was disgusted for years.
We don chop crap abeg... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peculiarchisom:
Hahahaha... grin. U don chop b say u Don chop am cry
My sister... cry
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
chosenwan1:
funny, is it that why you stopped? There are various foods prepared like that tho
I gats to stop bro...
Not knowing is one thing, knowing and continuing ehn...

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
. Fear Egun people, I eat this Ewa agoyin stuff a lot, not until one day I asked a lady who usually sell it around our hood to give me the description on how to get to their place because she don't usually come on time, she did, low and behold when I asked people around that I am looking for the beans sellers house, they directed me to the compound, the moment I put my head in the compound, I saw a very big deity there saw people carry on one sacrifice or the other there, a young man asked me who am I looking for, I told him that I am sorry, that I am looking for our beans seller, he now said OK. pointing at where they were preparing the beans I saw them, immediately I started speaking in tongue. Since then till now, noting concern me with Ewaagonyin again ooooo. Na so God take delivered me
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
. Fear Egun people, I eat this Ewa agoyin stuff a lot, not until one day I asked a lady who usually sell it around our hood to give me the description on how to get to their place because she don't usually come on time, she did, low and behold when I asked people around that I am looking for the beans sellers house, they directed me to the compound, the moment I put my head in the compound, I saw a very big deity there saw people carry on one sacrifice or the other there, a young man asked me who am I looking for, I told him that I am sorry, that I am looking for our beans seller, he now said OK. pointing at where they were preparing the beans I saw them, immediately I started speaking in tongue. Since then till now, noting concern me with Ewaagonyin again ooooo. Na so God take delivered me

What is ewa goin? Is it beans?
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Alaadin(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by sod09(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Gallantchrist:

Lwkmd.....because they drinks gutter water eh
yes na embarassed
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by EpicMaurice(m): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
bolseas:
Nkwobi. When I heard it's made from goat, I stopped eating it. I dont like goat meat, birds I. E. Turkey, chicken etc, cat fish

which meat do you now like or are you a vegan

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by alsudaes1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's a snack from the northern part of Nigeria, and it's made with roasted maize and peanuts.
I was shocked and disgusted when I found out they roll it into little balls with their bare palms at the final stage.

Is donkwa same as tanfili ??!
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Phaysal: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is fufu

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by InansBobo(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
itzprezy:

Which process is unhygienic in the processing of kunu aya?
i don't know but I believe any local drink that requires hand touch severally during production is unhygienic when it's done by people who look unhygienic
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
alsudaes1:

Is donkwa same as tanfili ??!
Tanfili is in powdered form, while donkwa is ball shaped

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Gallantchrist(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
sod09:
yes na embarassed

Lolzz
U need jesus
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chukzyfcbb: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
All these road side Kunu they sell, the plastic bottles are picked from the road side unwashed and they dip it together with their hands into a big bowl of Kunu. Been disgusted ever since.

Also The way people still buy roasted corn baffles me, any passerby would come and touch the body of a corn, handling it like its a motor gear only to select one. That is so disgusting.

Most of the food/snacks prepared road side, if you stay and watch the process U will be heavily disgusted.

4 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Phaysal: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ama80:
Suya and kilishi,it goes thru unhygienic process frm d meat not being washed to being exposed to flies to d spit d abokis lace it wt when they r slicing it.then d kilishi own is legendary,sundrying it is next to eating flies themselves.spits
yeah true. But I happened to be present where the processing was done. The last process was to heat it with fire just as suya is made.. and we all know that when it is subjected to that heat, it kills most of the germs in it. For me I feel it's safe

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by bolseas(f): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
EpicMaurice:

which meat do you now like or are you a vegan

Cow... Lol...i don't really like ram either...
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Burger kings Hamburger, and KFC fry chicken, minced meat corn beef, Kebab and Gala they are shiit!! Tufia!! embarassed
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Bestchoice4me(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is fufu. I last ate it wen i was about 10 to 12yrs old.. I saw d woman turning d fufu sweating profusely and all d sweat dropping inside the fufu steadily.. Jesus.. Damn.. I aint gon eat dat shit anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by KvnGRezz(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Milk oooh... Dont rilli know which one abi all brands buh heard that as they use the machines to milk the cows the machines injure the breast of the cows and therefore causing puss and blood to be included in the milk... And the milk producers kuma continue doing it regardless
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Creativebae(f): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's a snack from the northern part of Nigeria, and it's made with roasted maize and peanuts.
I was shocked and disgusted when I found out they roll it into little balls with their bare palms at the final stage.
Me too. I was told they roll it with their armpit..
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Protocall: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
All those Kunu and sobo they sell in coke bottle, aye mi, if yu know what type of water is being used to rinse those bottle b4 use. I don't what type is used for the zobo sha but i know say d diff no go mucb

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by hersarhn: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
Katier00:
before nko, do you want them to roll it with their feet? Abeg enjoy your unique taste of dokuwa
abeg epp me tell am oo..
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by painbrain(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
Four40:
Kuli Kuli, saw a woman roll the kulis on her lap and since that day lord knows whenever I see them kulis...
embarassed
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Daviddson(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
henryadex:
mine is kulikuli that cake made with ground nut that you love with drinking gari I love it so much when I was in school but when I traveled to the north I was happy I'll eat a hell out of it, one evening on my arrival I was strolling down the street I now saw how it is made, very dirty people chewing kola with very dirty teeth and smiling hysterically on the lump I then vowed not to eat Hausa kulikuli again
. gringrin I can't help but laugh at this your post. Firstly, it sounds very funny as I read and visualised it and secondly, no single full stop. You try. grin

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by EpicMaurice(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
bolseas:

Cow... Lol...i don't really like ram either...
like fr you only eat cow meat?!?!
you're really missing oh. As for me I've never turned down any kinda meat, meat is bae gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Rick9(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Suya

Imagine I heard of the bad meat they use
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by OLUWAcypris1(f): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
technicallyrich:
No offense but any food a oyuruba woman prepare is a no no.
They fart too much and they always wash their pusy and anus and use the water to cook especially stew.
If you are dating them and eat their food,you will never want to leave them again.
I m not liaring,ask peter and his evening news paper.
. May sense fall on you

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chosenwan1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
why you mention me and address the group, I bet you if you saw how everything you ate was prepared you would go on an indef fast.
Ama80:
Abi?and pls those eating intestines suya,how do u cope wit urselves knowing how difficult it is to wash off poo frm them.d towels, roundabouts,etc are d storehouse fr cow poops,do u pple expect mallams to take their time to wash them thoroughly prolly wit salt grin
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by SURElee(f): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
potbelly:
If you know how most food are preared, even the ones in restaurants and eatries, you wouldn't want to eat out again...

But the funny thing is our immune system has been able to handle it all along... In the end, na God just dey save person...

everyone rushes to eateries, if only they knew. they have no access to their backyard and cooking station, na the serenren the dey see outside with ac blowing them

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ceccylia(f): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

♤The diabolical shiii was what actually scared me embarassed

Is it the one at orita naira or the one stadium?♤When i was in Lautech, I saw guys taking cars , bikes....going The distance just to buy this particular dish sad
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ceccylia(f): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

♤The diabolical shiii was what actually scared me embarassed

Is it the one at orita naira or the one stadium?♤When i was in Lautech, I saw guys taking cars , bikes....going The distance just to buy this particular dish sad
It is the one at orita naira or the one at stadium...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Pepper I Got For 1000 Naira / Ideal Lunch Package For Kids / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.