Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made (30170 Views)

Which Food Do You Love To Eat,But Doesn't Agree With Your Body System? / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by gentlemayor(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kulikuli

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Me too...
I even heard there was something diabolic about the preparation , that after eating it you'll always want more and the rumor spread in our neighborhood.
By the next morning the whole neighborhood was waiting to confront taye the "elewa" and the poor lady was shouting " awa'n lo shoshi o"
lool..awa n lo Shoshi

But seriously, I make mine at home and I can remember my mom makes hers from home like forever and anyone who partakes in it always craves more. There is something delicious about the well fried oil in onion, pepper and a mix of mashed beans dat always leaves people craving more. I don't think it has anything to do with diabolical generally

4 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2018
Treasuredlove:
lool..awa n lo Shoshi

But seriously, I make mine at home and I can remember my mom made hers from home like forever and anyone who partakes in it always craves more. There is something delicious about the well fried oil in onion, pepper and a mix of mashed beans dat always leaves people craving more. I don't think it has anything to do with diabolical generally
I hope so...'cause I love that food like kilode

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Excallibur(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
See as we are denying our own delicacies because the are made with bare hands forgetting that globaly celebrated wines are grapes crushed with bare feet

5 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chidex2442:
mine is noodles..... when I knew the seasoinig had large amount of monosodium glutamate. (MSG) A carcinogen.

MSG is not a carcinogen. please be guided.

8 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
Breadi Agege.

Most are produced in terribly unhygienic conditions.

You may eat rat poo if its from those run down bakery.

Also, that hydraulic soup grin that a short broom is used to whip it up... I just detest it because of the broom and its slimy nature
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
hustla:

What does this MSG do?

don't mind the olodo. it is not harmful. MSG is the active ingredient in all seasoning powders

5 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by deflover(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
hustla:

You're so incredibly stupid it's amazing.. Almost like you have a passion for being mentally deficient

I think it runs in the family

E pain am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
I hope so...'cause I love that food like kilode
lol...mebbe u shld learn to make it at home
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by dojumav: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
deflover:
Mine is ewedu The yorubas wash their babies bumbum after poo They won't wash their hand They also use broom they used to wash their toilet to beat the ewedu Since then I stopped eating it cry undecided undecided shocked shocked
ode ni e

11 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by uuzba(m): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
You can never tell...

So how many people have died after eating donkwa?

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by uuzba(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Excallibur:
See as we are denying our own delicacies because the are made with bare hands forgetting that globaly celebrated wines are grapes crushed with bare feet

Don't mind all these bush people trying to form Oyibo more than Oyibos themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by itzprezy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
InansBobo:
Local zobo, kunu aya, etc made by these locals in NIGER STATE. but they are nice when refrigerated sha
Which process is unhygienic in the processing of kunu aya?

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by uuzba(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chidex2442:
mine is noodles..... when I knew the seasoinig had large amount of monosodium glutamate. (MSG) A carcinogen.
Don't add the seasoning.
So what is your next problem? Let's solve it.

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
jagugu88li:
Meat is not supposed to be washed sweety. That's the number 1 mistake blacks do. Anyway, all food products are exposed to all you've mentioned, even the high market goods too.

Food retail stores, markets, resturants you name it. If it is processed by someone else, do expect such. The mentality just decides to demolish those foods that are mostly popular to you.

Mariangeles come. Mine is rice and puff-puff
Hmmm says who? so the blood and all the poo in the belly will now be removed by what means

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by encryptjay(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
I no go open this kain thread again. See as I just dey imagine things.

4 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ooduavoice: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
whirlwind7:

Oh, I see.

I think the important thing is their hands are kept clean during the process.

the best practice is to at least wear a pair of glove because even the pals do sweat, and it will be so unhealthy eating an unhealthy persons sweat. abi you wan catch aids ni.

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Skymiyke(f): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
Masa soup-use to buy but stopped when I found out the use white magic aka ajinamoto.I now make it when I want to eat masa
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Springsdy456958(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
Made in Oshodi, Agege bread and mayonnaise.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Suya cry

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by sweetilicious(f): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=Ama80 post=63720255]Suya and kilishi,it goes thru unhygienic process frm d meat not being washed to being exposed to flies to d spit d abokis lace it wt when they r slicing it.then d kilishi own is legendary,sundrying it is next to eating flies themselves.spits[/quote) Me too
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mankosi: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
GALA
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
deflover:
Mine is ewedu
The yorubas wash their babies bumbum after poo
They won't wash their hand
They also use broom they used to wash their toilet to beat the ewedu
Since then I stopped eating it cry undecided undecided shocked shocked
lol issalie. Though that old school broom they used to use before before reminds me of the one they use to wash public toilet but people don't use that anymore. There is the modified one I. The market now, less irritating and u can choose to slice it or blend it instead of mashing it with broom

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by bamdupsy28(f): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Sauce used in filling Sausage Roll.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Kendrick80(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Suya

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by CadetFrancis: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=Mariangeles post=62469326]Mine is donkwa.[/ please how dem they prepare donkwa?]
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
jagugu88li:
Puff-puff I made it very oily...my first time remember. Rice, I always swallow it with the wrong pipe......
I like your skin care regiment Dearie. pls check your email.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by drealcivilceno(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

♤Scared the Jesus in me embarassed

♤ I once took a #100 bike to get it too sad
If na play stop am oooh... Jesus ke...

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Oak998(f): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Noodles... Issh my dad banned it cos his friend almost died from food poisoning from noodles. Wonder what they put in it though... Then fufu... Iskaba... The way they soak the cassava inside gutters. Since then eh... Infact I no chop am.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by unspeakable(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Fura da nono.. And kulikuli..
If you watch am you no go think twice before drinking yogurt ma sef

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Crixina(f): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Some kinds of bread.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by olaiyatolulope(f): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
kilishi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ideal Lunch Package For Kids / Talk To Us On your Varieties Food:Our Service Delivery Is Free And Affordable / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.