Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. (18832 Views)

What To Do When You Can't Pray / We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Calmtvmedia(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAYERS
TO WHOM? OR TO WHAT?

I WONDER WHY YOU ALL JUST DON'T WANT TO REALIZE THAT THERE ARE MANY GODS KNOWN TO MAN, AND YOU'RE CLOSER TO YOURS BECAUSE OF GEOGRAPHY AND YOUR FAMILY.

I'M SURE YOUR GOD IS THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE GOD.
THERE'S NO CHANCE HE'S THE ONE TRUE GOD. THAT'S WHY YOUR ANCESTORS NEEDED TO BE ENSLAVED AND MURDERED, AND FORCED TO ACCEPT HIM.

THE TRUE GOD WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED VIOLENCE TO PROVE HIS OR HER WORTH.
It's better you change now and give your life to christ elsewhile it will be to late for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by urahara(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE A F00L. cheesy LOL. I SWEAR.
I'VE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF F00LISHNESS ALL MY LIFE.

SO JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE ON YOUR LIST, I'LL DIE TERRIBLY AND WIND UP IN HELL BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS?

INSTEAD OF ERADICATING WORLD POVERTY AND FEEDING AFRICA'S UNHEALTHY HUNGRY INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO ARE MOSTLY BORN WITH EITHER BONE CANCER OR HIV, OR IN SOME CASES THE TWO COMBINED, JESUS IS FOCUSED ON KILLING ME BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN HIM.. EVEN THOUGH HE HASN'T GIVEN A SINGLE PROOF OUTSIDE THE BIBLE, FOR HIS EXISTENCE. undecided

Looooooooooooool grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Free4tope(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
The fact that you realized something is wrong indicates that God still loves you and He wants you to do something fast about it.

Let's start with this:
When you wake up in the morning and before you sleep in the night, open your Bible and read Psalm 24:1-end

Then say this 7 times, Lord Jesus, my King of Glory enter into my heart. Possess my heart. I rededicate my heart and entire life to you. Have mercy on me and Possess me completely. Thank you King of Glory.

Do this repeatedly for 7 days and whatever changes you notice, let me know and I will tell you what to do next. God will see you through in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by adepeter2027(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Calmtvmedia:
It's better you change now and give your life to christ elsewhile it will be to late for you
Hope you've given ya life to Muhammad (S.A.W) cos if you haven't, you will rot in hell

Giving your life to jesus alone is not enough just incase you wanna escape the Muslim hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM WHOM OR FROM WHAT PLEASE? undecided

THE BLOOD OF A LAMB IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CLEANSING, HOW DO YOU DO THIS?
WHERE CAN I GET 5 LITTERS OF LAMB BLOOD SO I CAN BE CLEANSED AS WELL. undecided

WHAT AM I TO DO WITH YOU?

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by FaithfulServant(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Read the article below. I pray it helps because I want you prayer life to come back to life

The Secret Of Effective Prayer

https://www.nairaland.com/4178385/secret-effective-prayer

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CyberEBOLA(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Calmtvmedia:
Take your foolish jesus away from here joor.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by laudate: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:
For the past two years, I have been loosing it when it comes to praying. I will kneel down for prayer, but would end up not knowing what to say. In most cases, I keep repeating same words over and over again.

Please how do I regain my power to pray. I know within me all is not well.
Go for deliverance. Visit the nearest MFM church so that they can counsel you on how to go about it. Lack of a good prayer life, is a spiritual attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by arrestdarrester: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:
For the past two years, I have been loosing it when it comes to praying. I will kneel down for prayer, but would end up not knowing what to say. In most cases, I keep repeating same words over and over again.

The Lord Jesus Christ promised to send us another Comforter. The Holy Spirit. Its Him you need right now. Also ignite the fire by attending a group meeting consistently for some time.

Ask him to show you what the problem is. He will show you without condemning you. He will also give you the prayer points.

Two things kill prayer and one or both may have affected you. The condemnation that follows a past action and delay in answers to past prayers.

Please understand that prayer is you communicating with God. it is not a structured, procedural and difficult thing. How do you discuss with your mum? (I don't want to use Dad because most Africans' view of fathers is something else).

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by samsam2019: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

what exactly are you worried about? You're just gradually having sense.

Ask yourself the effect of opening and closing your mouth to nobody pretending to speak to an invisible guy

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Saverin: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
You are tired of praying because you are not getting what you are asking for. Let's look at it logically: How would the world be if 2 billion Christians get what they are praying for right now?

chaos

So work very hard instead and don't give up the hustling spirit. On a good day, the universe which doesn't operate with time, will answer.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by ImaIma1(f): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
Op prayer is simply a communication between you and God. How can you not know what to say? There is really no format but if you cannot pray, say the Lord's prayer.

It is like saying you don't talk to your dad or mum again because you do not know what to say. If you are truly a Christian, your excuse doesn't hold water

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

hey kalvoken. Prayer shouldn't be something which bores you or say something you should be tired of , since it's communicating with God. A healthy prayer has been shown by the Lord Jesus, that is, how it should be like. Some times, u just sing praises and adore Him, pray for His kingdom on earth, for other people and co. Remember that He who must come to God must come to Him diligently, boldly, with a pure heart, with no worries and anxieties (if there's u cast them at His feet) believing that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. These are all scriptural. Once u use the scriptural rule, you will find out you are even praying uncountable times in a day, unconsciously.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by GOFRONT(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
Pray in your local language maybe u will know what to say

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Etimnaic(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
I believe Christians get to this point of feeling weary. I have been there before. Listen to this teaching, I believe it will set fire in you bones.
http://rcnsermons.org/rudolf/01%20Basic%20Prayer%20Lessons%20-%20Heart%20Check%20(Apst.%20Arome%20Osayi%20&%20Prophet%20Babs)%20Fri,%2022nd%202013.mp3

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by makky555(f): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

If you speak in tongues what to say shouldn't be a problem because the Holy Spirit is there to give you utterance...
I'm not saying I'm perfect o but I remember when my fire was still burning for God... I could pray for at least one hour without getting tired but since I graduated and came back home... Nna the devil just carry me enter fridge make I dey coolele so dat demons will be dancing ontop of my head... But nonetheless I still strive to keep my alter burning the little way I can.
Brother I feel you hurt. God will help us all IJN

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I DO NOT KNOW. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH REASON OR PROOF FOR ME TO BELIEVE AND ACCEPT ANY OF THEM.

IN NIGERIA PEOPLE WORSHIP JESUS AND ALLAH. SOME BELIEVE "GOD" AND ALLAH ARE ONE AND THE SAME, YET YOU'LL NEVER FIND CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS WORSHIPPING OR PRAYING TOGETHER.

IN INDIA PEOPLE WORSHIP SNAKES AND COWS.
THEY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU DEEP YOUR CHILD IN A HEAP OF COW DUNG (JUST LIKE WATER BAPTISM FOR CHRISTIANS), THEY'LL BE PROSPEROUS AND LIVE LONGER, PROTECTED FROM EVIL AND SUDDEN DEATH.

IN GREECE SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IN POSEIDON, THE GOD OF THE OCEAN. (MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE IN MULTIPLE GODS HERE, UP TO THOUSANDS).

IN CHINA PEOPLE PRACTICE TAOISM, BUDDHISM, AND CONFUCIANISM. THESE RELIGIONS HAVE THEIR OWN SEPARATE SUPREME GODS, BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM AND I DON'T CARE.

LIKEWISE THE JAPANESE, WHOSE TWO MAJOR RELIGIONS ARE SHINTO AND BUDDHISM.

TODAY, MOST PARTS OF NORWAY, SWEDEN, AUSTRALIA, AND ICELAND DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN ANY RELIGION OR ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY GODS.

IF CHRISTIANITY IS THE TRUE RELIGION, WHY DOES AFRICA RECORD THE HIGHEST MORTALITY RATES YEARLY, AND ARE BACKWARDS SCIENTIFICALLY, MEDICALLY AND TECHNOLOGICALLY.., IN FACT, THOUSAND OF MILES BEHIND THESE COUNTRIES THAT WORSHIP FALSE GODS?

HOW IS IT THAT ASIDES NATURAL DISASTERS, THE WORST TRAGEDIES HAPPEN IN OUR CONTINENT EVEN WITH OUR KNOWLEDGE AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE TRUE GOD?
you are on point, you have my vote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Ibroseun01(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Use these guide to pray and you will see a turn around
1)Begin praising God
2) Pray about The kingdom of God
3) Pray for your daily needs
4) Ask God to keep you from satan
5) Pray about every aspect of preaching ofgospel
6) Pray for your spiritual needs
7) Pray for the church of God and government leaders....source lifehopeandtruth.com

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by 0temAtum: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
adepeter2027:

Work about those that pray & sin?
All pastors pray more and sin more. Ask Apostle Suleiman, Biodun Fatoyinbo, Chris Oyakhilome and other lying kings like Kumuyi, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Muoka, etc.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by TheSpellChecker: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

It's losing, not loosing.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by TheEminentLaity: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
Why do you have to do all that to reach an all-knowing all-seeing omni-plenty almighty all-powerful god? What of people who are blind that cannot read the bible or simply cannot read? and deaf cannot hear or mentally impaired individuals ... means they cannot access this God undecided Your moniker says 'dare to be different' but it seems you don't even know how you came to believe this your imaginary friend you call god.

I know you haven't read the bible in its entirety so just ask yourself this interesting question, when and how did the christian god know and start caring about black people like you? #hint 17 or 18th century AD ie. 1800 after death of your master Jesus cheesy grin and you say this god that came with slave masters and colonialists is all-knowing? and knew you before you were born cheesy grin To keep things in perspective, I suggest you check how long humans have been in existence, then christianity, then pentecostalism, then nigerian pentecostalism, then your church ... hope you get the drift

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

Let me predict, you won't look because you are afraid of what you might find out yourself, that you just may have been believing in fantasy all along cheesy but if you are so sure about how 'real' this your god is, try looking for answers to these questions and while you're at it, talk/pray to him along the way grin grin grin
2SWT:

Yes He believes in the God the bible talks about, do you have any problems with that?
If you cant help him get what he wants just say it and leave the thread quietly, nobody forced you to type

@ Kalvoken the first step towards praying is trying to connect with God. Now ask yourself what makes you connect to God? Couldn't be music, reading the bible or chtistain books or even watching Christian movies

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by eagleonearth(m): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
It's simple. Get back in touch with the Holy Spirit. Let him help you in prayers.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by mathel(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
Please just download Tongues of Fire of Pastor Paul Eneche (Dunamis)from YouTube and always pray in tongues with it. God will restore your prayer life back even more higher than before

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by eagleonearth(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
makky555:

If you speak in tongues what to say shouldn't be a problem because the Holy Spirit is there to give you utterance...
I'm not saying I'm perfect o but I remember when my fire was still burning for God... I could pray for at least one hour without getting tired but since I graduated and came back home... Nna the devil just carry me enter fridge make I dey coolele so dat demons will be dancing ontop of my head... But nonetheless I still strive to keep my alter burning the little way I can.
Brother I feel you hurt. God will help us all IJN
are you mocking yourself or celebrating your backwardness?
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Blazing8(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by 0temAtum: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ivanlxi:

*John Lennon (Singer):*

Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
'Christianity will end, it will disappear.
I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain.
Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966).

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
is still alive....
Assuming you know what John Lennon saw before making his confession, you wouldn't be rejoicing as you are doing now. Truly I say to you, the words which John Lennon spoke shall never pass away because he actually saw far into a future of brain-users. By then, your religion called Christianity would be practised only by the ignorant people. The words of John Lennon, the ones you know of and the ones you don't know of, shall all be made known in the DOCTUFOS HISTORY BOOK and your descendants and your children's children shall see those things and be wise.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by eagleonearth(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mariangeles:
you don't care yet everything about our GOD angers you so much....you don't believe in GOD's existence...? Fine, think it to yourself and stay out of our GOD's business and us.Thanks
understand this one major thing about atheists: they are people who crossed the line while being embittered at God. They know there is God. They got so bitter that they started blaspheming and the more you blaspheme, the more bitter you feel. It's actually a vicious cycle every Christian will pray not to enter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by mcpeace: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
PLEASE. HOW OFTEN DO YOU ATTEND CHURCH SERVICE, DO YOU HATE SIN WITH PASSION?
kalvoken:

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Zenithpeak(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

The joy of the Lord is your strength.

Brother, INABILITY TO PRAY IS NOT THE PROBLEM, IT IS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OR EFFECT OF SITUATIONS IN THE REALM OF THE SPIRIT.

I looked carefully into your choice of words and your resolution and notice you are depressed!

Yes! ......DEPRESSION.........

inability to pray or act favourably to the events of our lives signify that war is being waged against our soul and depression is a spiritual mechanism to keep us weak and unmotivated to fight back.

At that point in time, the zeal for God's intervention is attacked and we are in the open without any shield to stop the firing dats of the enemy.

Even at this lower side of life, there is a present help in time of need for us in Christ Jesus.

Having said all that, let's look at some steps to rise up and take our life back from the stronghold of our enemy.

1.Convince your

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Funkybabee(f): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Those atheists that first commented on this post are very foolish,stupid and curse people....

Is not by force to believe God why forcing ur useless fustrated life to someone else question....and I can't blame themselves is because of one lost soul wey give them gut to comments anyhow......

@Op try to read bible very much,it will give u more link on how to pray especially old testaments story which will boost ur heart

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Henrolla(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

Several reasons
1. There might be a disconnection between you and God as a result of sin. Ask for mercy. Isaiah. 59:1
2. Lack of God's word that sparks up the desire for prayer. Study God's word more often.
3. It is the Holy Spirit that teaches and helps us to pray.
Ask for help from the helper. Romans 8:26
May the grace of God be released upon you

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by XTLikeNat777: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Op just find a quiet space and time and sit down.

Recall, reminisce and think about all the things you could remember that God has done for you since you realized yourself as an adult.

Then remain quiet for a moment. Something will happen.....

Either to make you unconsciously start to praise and worship him or shed tears asking for forgiveness of sin!!

From there your relationship with God will come back to life.

THIS IS AN EXPO TO THE WHOLE HOUSE!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It Was An Attempted Burglary - Daystar Clarifies Armed Robbery Report In Church / Pastor Prays For Couples: Other Women Will Smell Like Excreta To Your Husband / More Rude Things People Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.