Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. (18831 Views)

What To Do When You Can't Pray / We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Varagous(f): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ask him for help.. King David understood him that's why he cried out, "quicken me and I will call upon your name".
Also covet to pray in the spirit (tongues), this makes prayer time interesting and worth the while. God help you.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Ivanlxi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE A F00L. cheesy LOL. I SWEAR.
I'VE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF F00LISHNESS ALL MY LIFE.

SO JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE ON YOUR LIST, I'LL DIE TERRIBLY AND WIND UP IN HELL BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS?

INSTEAD OF ERADICATING WORLD POVERTY AND FEEDING AFRICA'S UNHEALTHY HUNGRY INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO ARE MOSTLY BORN WITH EITHER BONE CANCER OR HIV, OR IN SOME CASES THE TWO COMBINED, JESUS IS FOCUSED ON KILLING ME BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN HIM.. EVEN THOUGH HE HASN'T GIVEN A SINGLE PROOF OUTSIDE THE BIBLE, FOR HIS EXISTENCE. undecided

And watch hw u will die bro
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Zenithpeak(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:
For the past two years, I have been loosing it when it comes to praying. I will kneel down for prayer, but would end up not knowing what to say. In most cases, I keep repeating same words over and over again.

Please how do I regain my power to pray. I know within me all is not well.

The joy of the Lord is your strength.

Brother, INABILITY TO PRAY IS NOT THE PROBLEM, IT IS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OR EFFECT OF SITUATIONS IN THE REALM OF THE SPIRIT.

I looked carefully into your choice of words and your resolution and notice you are depressed!

Yes! ......DEPRESSION.........

inability to pray or act favourably to the events of our lives signify that war is being waged against our soul and depression is a spiritual mechanism to keep us weak and unmotivated to fight back.

At that point in time, the zeal for God's intervention is attacked and we are in the open without any shield to stop the firing dats of the enemy.

Even at this lower side of life, there is a present help in time of need for us in Christ Jesus.

Having said all that, let's look at some steps to rise up and take our life back from the stronghold of our enemy.

1. Convince your spirit and your soul with the truth that you are REDEEMED! stand firm in Isaiah 53.

2. Read Psalm 51 like your life depend on it. (Every 3hours in a day until your spirit gain volume) This bring heart to a state of sincere humility before God.

3. Find a lonely place for yourself where you can tell it all to God. Not necessarily mean you are praying but talking audibly enough to hear yourself. (Not complaining but letting it all out. Everything, no matter how Infinitesimal, unimportant or unpleasant lay it all at the feet of the Cross.

Prepare your mind to stay by God's side and see your problems as His.

Finally, Always declare; THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH..... Like every 2mins... Make sure your mind is not idle.

Download 'Lead me through the night!' by Don Moen

Faithfully do this and you are through for life.

Trust me... IT IS WORKING IN MY LIFE...

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Robynwelo1(f): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

This is not about speaking in tongues or using anything alike. It is when you keeping few words day in day out. Even the zeal to engage in prayer is not there. I am the type that when I pray, I do it within myself. But as a human,you know wen did a proper defecation or not.

This is usually what happens when you begin to doubt the need for a God. When you realize that prayers truly means nothing. Move on with your life bro. If there truly was a God, you wouldn't need to pray since he would have known already what you need.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Robynwelo1(f): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ivanlxi:

Will it be any worse than Christians die? Any worse than little children starving to death?
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Robynwelo1(f): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ivanlxi:

*John Lennon (Singer):*

Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
'Christianity will end, it will disappear.
I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain.
Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966).

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

*Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):*

During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died.

*Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):**

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ),
while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said:
'God, that's for you.'

He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

*The man who built the Titanic:*

After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.

With an ironic tone he said:
'Not even God can sink it'

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

*Marilyn Monroe (Actress):*

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.

He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'.
A week later, she was found dead in her apartment

*Bon Scott (Singer):*

The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'.

On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

*Campinas (IN 2005):*

In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.....

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:
'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.'
She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full '

Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died.
The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.
The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact.
To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

*Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer):*
She said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst Book ever written.
In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

*Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other Name that was given so much authority as the Name of Jesus Christ.*

Many have died, but only Jesus Christ died and rose again, and He is still alive....

Nonsense. So God will only act when people speak against him but will do nothing to help people that cry out to him. Keep fooling yourself. A thousand and one person have spoken against God and have even persecuted christains yet they are receiving more air than you. A very foolish God indeed.

2 Likes

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CHARLOE(m): 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:
For the past two years, I have been loosing it when it comes to praying. I will kneel down for prayer, but would end up not knowing what to say. In most cases, I keep repeating same words over and over again.

For over 3 yrs now i've not been praying, (only pray occassionally when we pray as a family), niether do i tithe and guess what? My creator has been blessing me! His blessing is FREE, not dependent on my prayer/tithe, but on doing my part, doing the needful: Hardwork! unfortunately, most xtians have been brainwashed to detest hardwork n seek miracles, only to end up enriching d deep pockets of one smart guy grin
U lack understanding of who god is and how he works. He has done his part, left for u to do urs and things will fall in place, wether u pray/tithe or not, wether you're a xtian, muslim, bhuddist, atr etc. We're all part of him, all religions are man-made.
Just like a farmer that sows, all things been equal, he'll reap, irrespective of his religion, tribe, race etc. ur religous leaders know this Truth but will never want u to know.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Zenithpeak(m): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
makky555:

If you speak in tongues what to say shouldn't be a problem because the Holy Spirit is there to give you utterance...
I'm not saying I'm perfect o but[i] I remember when my fire was still burning for God[/i]... I could pray for at least one hour without getting tired but since I graduated and came back home... Nna the devil just carry me enter fridge make I dey coolele so dat demons will be dancing ontop of my head... But nonetheless I still strive to keep my alter burning the little way I can.
Brother I feel you hurt. God will help us all IJN

RIP GIRL
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=62515575]

I know you will be feeling fullfilled today b'cos you've got some ''likes'' which makes it look as if you are making real sense. Hear me, i know you are blindfolded and u rotten gradually but God loves u, just as the bible said in Hosea 4 vs 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge. Bible is self explanatory, if u cant read it, ask God, tell him You want to know if He really exist. He will showhimself to u. If u seek him u will find him just as he said in the book of proverb 2 vs 3-5
2 Corinthians 4:4 also say, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
I pray God will open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I DO NOT KNOW. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH REASON OR PROOF FOR ME TO BELIEVE AND ACCEPT ANY OF THEM.

IN NIGERIA PEOPLE WORSHIP JESUS AND ALLAH. SOME BELIEVE "GOD" AND ALLAH ARE ONE AND THE SAME, YET YOU'LL NEVER FIND CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS WORSHIPPING OR PRAYING TOGETHER.

IN INDIA PEOPLE WORSHIP SNAKES AND COWS.
THEY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU DEEP YOUR CHILD IN A HEAP OF COW DUNG (JUST LIKE WATER BAPTISM FOR CHRISTIANS), THEY'LL BE PROSPEROUS AND LIVE LONGER, PROTECTED FROM EVIL AND SUDDEN DEATH.

IN GREECE SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IN POSEIDON, THE GOD OF THE OCEAN. (MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE IN MULTIPLE GODS HERE, UP TO THOUSANDS).

IN CHINA PEOPLE PRACTICE TAOISM, BUDDHISM, AND CONFUCIANISM. THESE RELIGIONS HAVE THEIR OWN SEPARATE SUPREME GODS, BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM AND I DON'T CARE.

LIKEWISE THE JAPANESE, WHOSE TWO MAJOR RELIGIONS ARE SHINTO AND BUDDHISM.

TODAY, MOST PARTS OF NORWAY, SWEDEN, AUSTRALIA, AND ICELAND DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN ANY RELIGION OR ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY GODS.

IF CHRISTIANITY IS THE TRUE RELIGION, WHY DOES AFRICA RECORD THE HIGHEST MORTALITY RATES YEARLY, AND ARE BACKWARDS SCIENTIFICALLY, MEDICALLY AND TECHNOLOGICALLY.., IN FACT, THOUSAND OF MILES BEHIND THESE COUNTRIES THAT WORSHIP FALSE GODS?

HOW IS IT THAT ASIDES NATURAL DISASTERS, THE WORST TRAGEDIES HAPPEN IN OUR CONTINENT EVEN WITH OUR KNOWLEDGE AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE TRUE GOD?

[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=62515575]

I know you will be feeling fullfilled today b'cos you've got some ''likes'' which makes it look as if you are making real sense. Hear me, i know you are blindfolded and u rotten gradually but God loves u, just as the bible said in Hosea 4 vs 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge. Bible is self explanatory, if u cant read it, ask God, tell him You want to know if He really exist. He will showhimself to u. If u seek him u will find him just as he said in the book of proverb 2 vs 3-5
2 Corinthians 4:4 also say, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
I pray God will open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by nathing: 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Psalm 139 v 2
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Seun we want our own disclaimer ooo...

Gbam.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by RALPHOW(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

Fasting is the way out!!!!
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Calmtvmedia:
It's better you change now and give your life to christ elsewhile it will be to late for you

IF CHRIST IS INTERESTED IN ME, HE'LL SAY SO BY HIMSELF.

I'M TIRED OF HEARING THE "WORDS OF GOD" FROM MORTALS.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

WHAT AM I TO DO WITH YOU?

LOL, I'M SORRY! grin
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
yemi1261:
you are on point, you have my vote

THANKS! smiley
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ivanlxi:

HAHAHAHA grin
OMOH SEE SERIOUS THREAT.
SO IT'S YOU THAT WILL NOT DIE ABI?
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

I know you will be feeling fullfilled today b'cos you've got some ''likes'' which makes it look as if you are making real sense. Hear me, i know you are blindfolded and u rotten gradually but God loves u, just as the bible said in Hosea 4 vs 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge. Bible is self explanatory, if u cant read it, ask God, tell him You want to know if He really exist. He will showhimself to u. If u seek him u will find him just as he said in the book of proverb 2 vs 3-5 2 Corinthians 4:4 also say, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. I pray God will open your eyes.

I'M SORRY TO INFORM YOU BRETHREN,

BECAUSE OF THIS YOUR MONIKER "TEMINAKAKASO" YOU'RE GOING TO HELL.

MY COW-GOD OF INDIA DOESN'T LIKE YOU.

REPENT NOW AND GET DIPPED IN THE MASSIVE PILE OF COW DUNG, AND BE CLEANSED FROM ALL YOUR SINS, SO THAT YOU CAN BE RICHLY BLESSED BY THE COW-GOD.

AMEN. SHALOM. ALL PRAISE TO AL-COW. (SPEAKS IN TONGUE AND MUMBLES SOME WEIRD HINDU SHIIT AS I EXIT THE THREAD)
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Calmtvmedia(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

It's better you don't indugle yourself in those characters of yours . So that you wan't be rusticated. Jesus Loves You My Brother
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M SORRY TO INFORM YOU BRETHREN,

BECAUSE OF THIS YOUR MONIKER "TEMINAKAKASO" YOU'RE GOING TO HELL.

MY COW-GOD OF INDIA DOESN'T LIKE YOU.

REPENT NOW AND GET DIPPED IN THE MASSIVE PILE OF COW DUNG, AND BE CLEANSED FROM ALL YOUR SINS, SO THAT YOU CAN BE RICHLY BLESSED BY THE COW-GOD.

AMEN. SHALOM. ALL PRAISE TO AL-COW. (SPEAKS IN TONGUE AND MUMBLES SOME WEIRD HINDU SHIIT AS I EXIT THE THREAD)

Smile... Nairalander come and see Do not be deceived anymore, you can see this guy is just a comedian,(trying to have funs with the word of God) they are many here, bringing philosophy and their own knowledge to xplain the things of God. God is spirit, those who worship HIM worship him in Spirit. Col 2 vs 8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit after the rudiment of the world, not after CHRIST.
Pls, Anti-christ are all around. Beware; take heed, they are covering themselves even with sheep cloth.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by EDIBLESS10: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bro.u nid a revival.ur inward man is weak.y d flesh has taken dominance.look for someone u can start praying wirh inorder to ignite ur inward man.and try speaking more tongues...God helps u
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by CAPSLOCKED: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Calmtvmedia:

It's better you don't indugle yourself in those characters of yours . So that you wan't be rusticated. Jesus Loves You My Brother

grin

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by nosagold(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
Just praise God. Even when we do not know what to pray about, the Spirit of God living in us makes intercessions for us with groanings within our spirit (Romans 8:26-27). My own personal advice is, just worship God for who He is.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by plaetton: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

Hope it won't be too lait before you understand its importance

Of what importance is it, or has it been for the people of Nigeria, for good example ?

The fact that you yourself seem tired of repeating the same nonsense over and over again is proof enough that prayer is useless, redundant and superfluous.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by nosagold(m): 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

He has already said it. Even more, Jesus gave His life for you and I. That is the greatest love anyone can ever show. I pray that the God of mercy open your eyes, so that you may see His glorious light!.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Ivanlxi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Nonsense. So God will only act when people speak against him but will do nothing to help people that cry out to him. Keep fooling yourself. A thousand and one person have spoken against God and have even persecuted christains yet they are receiving more air than you. A very foolish God indeed.

You will regret ever saying this bro
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Ivanlxi(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
nosagold:

He has already said it. Even more, Jesus gave His life for you and I. That is the greatest love anyone can ever show. I pray that the God of mercy open your eyes, so that you may see His glorious light!.

Leave all this human for nothing creatures, I just dey pity them
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Makschinchin: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
It always beats my imagination to note that those self acclaimed Nairaland atheists are always showing up on Religious topics.. Since you say you are atheist, I guess you should have nothing to do with religious posts, or don't you think so undecided

Cc: capslocked, hopefullandlord, robynwelo1, plaetton, et al

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Diamond13(f): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

Ascertain the cause (how did it happen?). Also, listen to messages on prayer ( e.g. messages by Apostles Arome Osayi of Remnant Christian Network, Apostle Selman of Eternity Network Int'l, etc.) l pray you overcome this situation in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by Diamond13(f): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
kalvoken:

Ascertain the cause (how did it happen?). Also, listen to messages on prayer ( e.g. messages by Apostle Arome Osayi of Remnant Christian Network, Apostle Selman of Eternity Network Int'l, etc.) l pray you overcome this situation in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by hopefulLandlord: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Makschinchin:
It always beats my imagination to note that those self acclaimed Nairaland atheists are always showing up on Religious topics.. Since you say you are atheist, I guess you should have nothing to do with religious posts, or don't you think so undecided

many Atheists are focused on religion for the same reason(s) many doctors are so focused on cancer.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by plaetton: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
Makschinchin:

If it beats your imagination why atheists are on the Religion section to debunk Religious nonsense, then perhaps your imagination needs a little boost.

1 Like

Re: HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. by plaetton: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
many Atheists are focused on religion for the same reason(s) many doctors are so focused on cancer.
Excellent answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It Was An Attempted Burglary - Daystar Clarifies Armed Robbery Report In Church / Pastor Prays For Couples: Other Women Will Smell Like Excreta To Your Husband / More Rude Things People Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.