Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (28869 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by chibuike65: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
What ever

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by talk2percy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Oga, nah money...forget this ur preaching
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Rnbstar1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I don't understand how fanaticism can be remedy for low self esteem.
It's a cover at best. A mask.
seek God now that you have the time and you will find him. God is real

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by kenchizzy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
U wan tell me say if you just accept jesus den money go dei come ur way? OP u neva tel us how u make am...you only tell us accept jesus and miracle come dei follow u...huh tell us wetin u do 1st nobi to dei acept jesus upandan

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anthonydunamis: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
dadavivo:
Underneath your shoes have low self-esteem. E don scrape to red

Lol! You are funny. Actually, those shoes were still new when that picture was taken and that red part of the sole is part of the shoe design. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Etuagievin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
obinna58:
I bet the last thing a God would want is asking people to believe in him
Thats not true. If You had taken time to read the scriptures, you would have sounded differently
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by ddjay: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
Uc y d education then (80s/90s) was good and infact,better.we were made equal irrespective of how rich your background is.we used to wear thesame school uniform, compound wear and all were of thesame style.girls dont plate dia hair (all low cut).we wore sandals for classes and slippers for compound wear. Also ate thesame food.then when we got into the university, we treated each other with respect, infact, those that had respect (what u call high class)were those on first class and 2.1, not those just having cars and staying off campus.

3 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God for life

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by nanizle(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Xtaceeey:
Oga.

You just touched money, it's not a spiritual thing. U had low self esteem because u were broke. When u have arrived, pimples will even look sexy on you.

Leave God outta this please.

Next gist abeg.....!!!

That one cracked me up! cheesy

OP is a typical Nigerian... He wants to use "God" to dribble all of us. OP give us the full gist of how you 'blew' because I know your god did not come down from heaven just to boost your self esteem.

3 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Etuagievin(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Keep up your good work. Some lazy readers called this terse a long epistle, if it were a story on love ,romance or sex they wont say its a long epistle.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Believe me Christ has a way of caring for those that believe in him,..his words comforts and gives hopes,..his miracles gives patience and faith uplifting and his ways gives a righteous life without scars of sin or regrets of life,.............I know who O.P met that changed his life,..your story can be different so don't quote the O.P wrongly,. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by delexy123: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Papiikush:
If you are a man and you suffer from low self esteem, you will end up committing suicide.

Its not about being a Christian or whatever, if you move with the "right friends" trust me dude, you'll never have any reason to look down on yourself.

Another reason is because you were a broke bìtch ass Nigga now whey money don come, who no go carry shoulder?
hmmn...having low self-esteem doesn't translate to being poor or being a hermit. A closer look into the lives of WEALTHY AND FAMOUS people who died of depression will tell you the extent at which low self-esteem destroys life regardless of how accomplished you are.
On a side note, I urge you to always take a pause and THINK before you rush to comment as one who reason with the sole of his foot...your comments are becoming comical.

4 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tydi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:
Low self esteem is as a result of comparing yourself with others.

Growing up, I use to be the smallest in my class(no boobs, no ass, just a lil girl then), all my age mates were very big, I felt really bad, I almost had low self esteem because of that but I discovered that I might be petite but I have big brain and I saw myself being pursued by those I felt were better than me, they all wanted to be my friends, even teachers liked me, one normally call me "small but mighty", they will give me note, I write it in the board for the whole class to copy, I felt proud of myself despite my small statue. Even up till now, it is still working for me in the university.

To overcome low self esteem, you have rediscover yourself, you have to find our that thing that makes you unique and better than others, you have to make your imperfection to be perfect.

Nwaanyi oma marumma, with this your intelligent advice .i aint giving up taking you serious.
Happy sunday
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by dadebayo1(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
anthonydunamis:
When I was in secondary school, we had a way of classifying ourselves. Some of us were seen as 'Behind'- those who could afford Timberland boots, wear the coolest Nikes, looked cute or drove a car to school. Then we had the average guys- students from middle-class families who did some 'Behind' things but were not that cool. Third, we had the 'razz' category- those who had no swag, no single drop of coolness, no expensive wears, no automobiles, no slick lines for the girls.

I dare say I belonged to the last category for most of my six years in secondary school. I came from a low middle-class family and my parents (like heroes that they are) had to strain to pay the exorbitant school fees. I could not afford to buy new wears for school parties and the like, so I sometimes borrowed from my best friend back then. Thank you, Temitayo Taiwo smiley

I was often the butt of jokes and mockery, as I had my face plastered with pimples and I was as black as a pot retrieved from the pit of hell. In issues of dating and 'hustling', I was as naive as they come. No girl was interested...and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have dated myself if I were those girls.

My inability to 'blend' with the popular crowd was frustrating and my self-esteem was at its lowest ebb. I managed to cover it up well by focusing on my poetry and smiling through the jests. A classmate, Oluwabunmi Femi-Akande once told me, 'One thing I like about you is that no matter how much you are insulted, you keep smiling.' But it was all a fačade.

I believed that I was that person the popular crowd told me I was- not good enough. And that taunting voice followed me for years, controlling my priorities, my time, my money, my emotions, my potential and my relationships...until I met Jesus. I became born again!

As I got closer to Him, my confidence sky-rocketed. His Word revealed to me that I am made for an awesome purpose, and all the gifts and attributes I need to achieve that are in me already!

I am now a totally different person, in all ramifications. And that's Jesus at work.

Please listen to me, my friend. For too long, you have allowed the crowd to decide your opinion about yourself. Now, you subconsciously try to measure up to the standards they have set for you. That is not true life.

Your dressing, the way you spend money, the hard drugs and womanizing, the lies you tell about yourself, the sycophancy, living a fake life and borrowing to maintain that appearance...it has to stop NOW.

Think about it. Ask yourself 'What am I doing today that is not really who I am but I do it because I don't want to be an outcast to others?' It has to stop NOW.

Now is the time to outgrow that nonsense.

And if you are yet to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept Him NOW. He will do wonders in you, for you and through you. I love you and God bless you! smiley

Tunde.... grin
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

Nwaanyi oma marumma, with this your intelligent advice .i aint giving up taking you serious.
Happy sunday
Hahahahahahaha.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
Some people are saying that if you have money you can never suffer from low-self esteem, but need I remind you all that rich people do suffer from low-self esteem.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Boxer007(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:

Growing up, I use to be the smallest in my class(no boobs, no ass, just a lil girl then), all my age mates were very big, I almost had low self esteem because of that but I discovered that I might be petite but I have big brain and I saw myself being pursued by those I felt were better than me, they all wanted to be my friends, even teachers liked me, one normally call ms "small but mighty", then they will give me note, I write it in the board for the whole class to copy in their note, I felt proud of myself despite my small statue. Even up till now, it is still working for me in the tertiary institution that I am.

To overcome low self esteem, you have rediscover yourself, you have to find our that thing that makes you unique and better than others, you have to make your imperfection perfect.

Please can I kiss u?
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tydi(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:
Hahahahahahaha.
SEE LAUGH ,so heart melting ! cheesy
Make my wifydovey no come catch me as i der crush on you
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Ranchhoddas: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Rnbstar1:
seek God now that you have the time and you will find him. God is real
Which of them?
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tydi(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Boxer007:

Please can I kiss u?
GAYISH BOXER007 Why not go kiss ur partner stony asshole through his damn boxer .
Fyi: stay off GOD's beautified sexy queen with ur stinking smelling body.
#peace
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Thewesterner(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
I am a born again Christian, I was born with a Pako spoon, I don't have money, I have pimples (blackspots) all over my face and my self esteem is not high...

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Karidqueen(f): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:

Growing up, I use to be the smallest in my class(no boobs, no ass, just a lil girl then), all my age mates were very big, I felt really bad, I almost had low self esteem because of that but I discovered that I might be petite but I have big brain and I saw myself being pursued by those I felt were better than me, they all wanted to be my friends, even teachers liked me, one normally call me "small but mighty", they will give me note, I write it in the board for the whole class to copy, I felt proud of myself despite my small statue. Even up till now, it is still working for me in the university.

To overcome low self esteem, you have rediscover yourself, you have to find our that thing that makes you unique and better than others, you have to make your imperfection to be perfect.

Which school?
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by dontbothermuch: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
I don't have to read all through

But the only thing that causes low self esteem is poverty.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Momoh7(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
See as I read dis long story Oya credit my account

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by obinna58(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Etuagievin:
Thats not true. If You had taken time to read the scriptures, you would have sounded differently
Scriptures doesn't prove anything
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
anthonydunamis:
When I was in secondary school, we had a way of classifying ourselves. Some of us were seen as 'Behind'- those who could afford Timberland boots, wear the coolest Nikes, looked cute or drove a car to school. Then we had the average guys- students from middle-class families who did some 'Behind' things but were not that cool. Third, we had the 'razz' category- those who had no swag, no single drop of coolness, no expensive wears, no automobiles, no slick lines for the girls.

I dare say I belonged to the last category for most of my six years in secondary school. I came from a low middle-class family and my parents (like heroes that they are) had to strain to pay the exorbitant school fees. I could not afford to buy new wears for school parties and the like, so I sometimes borrowed from my best friend back then. Thank you, Temitayo Taiwo smiley

I was often the butt of jokes and mockery, as I had my face plastered with pimples and I was as black as a pot retrieved from the pit of hell. In issues of dating and 'hustling', I was as naive as they come. No girl was interested...and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have dated myself if I were those girls.

My inability to 'blend' with the popular crowd was frustrating and my self-esteem was at its lowest ebb. I managed to cover it up well by focusing on my poetry and smiling through the jests. A classmate, Oluwabunmi Femi-Akande once told me, 'One thing I like about you is that no matter how much you are insulted, you keep smiling.' But it was all a fačade.

I believed that I was that person the popular crowd told me I was- not good enough. And that taunting voice followed me for years, controlling my priorities, my time, my money, my emotions, my potential and my relationships...until I met Jesus. I became born again!

As I got closer to Him, my confidence sky-rocketed. His Word revealed to me that I am made for an awesome purpose, and all the gifts and attributes I need to achieve that are in me already!

I am now a totally different person, in all ramifications. And that's Jesus at work.

Please listen to me, my friend. For too long, you have allowed the crowd to decide your opinion about yourself. Now, you subconsciously try to measure up to the standards they have set for you. That is not true life.

Your dressing, the way you spend money, the hard drugs and womanizing, the lies you tell about yourself, the sycophancy, living a fake life and borrowing to maintain that appearance...it has to stop NOW.

Think about it. Ask yourself 'What am I doing today that is not really who I am but I do it because I don't want to be an outcast to others?' It has to stop NOW.

Now is the time to outgrow that nonsense.

And if you are yet to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept Him NOW. He will do wonders in you, for you and through you. I love you and God bless you! smiley
See the Environment E dey and talking about LOW SELF ESTEEM ahaha, how can that happen there, when you live nxt door to heaven

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

SEE LAUGH ,so heart melting ! cheesy
Make my wifydovey no come catch me as i der crush on you
Abeg o, I no fit shout.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:

MOTIVATIONAL TALK WITH NO POWER... HE WHO LOVES HIMSELF WILL NOT RELY ON MOTIVATIONAL TALK...

IT LACKS POWER.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by delishpot: 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Food for thought.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Boxer007(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

GAYISH BOXER007
Why not go kiss ur partner stony asshole through his damn boxer .

#peace

Calm down my brotherly brother. It's a sin to discriminate. You have sin. Sounds like you don't like dik. If u don't like diks then why do u have one my dear? You need Jesus
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Boxer007(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

GAYISH BOXER007
Why not go kiss ur partner stony asshole through his damn boxer .

#peace

Nothing wrong being gay. Grow up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? / Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.