Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression (12435 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2021
How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression

"I would testify!" Those were the exact words i wrote on a small piece of paper and pinned unto my wardrobe sometime in 2002, while I was yet suffering severe depression.

Here I am today, 19 years later doing exactly that, however at the time I wrote down those three words, it seemed really improbable and only but a distant dream to me, as everything seemed so gloomy, i just couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

What really inspired such audacity in the midst of my adversity, that would make me put down those words is what I haven't been able to figure out up til now.

Perhaps it wasn't just me but God using me to prophesy concerning things to come and what He would use me to do much later, because if anyone had told me that today God would be using me to deliver many from the same condition I suffered, I would have seriously doubted that possibility.

It wasn't funny at all. To make it through a day required a whole lot, I wondered if I would make it to the next. And it wasn't because of suicidal thoughts, as that never crossed my mind, but the pain and misery alone seemed just too much for me to bear, i feared if it was going to end my life.

Even to get down from my bed which was supposed to be just about the simplest of tasks was such a big ask, as I also found myself seriously struggling with that.

And it wasn't that i was physically sick, but it was emotionally that I was having serious issues and really struggling, for I had virtually lost all my spirits, hence it seemed my depressed mode had become fully activated.

This mood also reflected in my body posture as well, as my head had now assumed the depressed position as its new normal, especially when I was having a conversation with people, which was really embarrassing to say the least, but there was not much I could do about it, because regardless of how much I tried to motivate myself to get my head up, it didn't last for long, as that seemed to be its unnatural position.

It also seemed to affect my heart as i could clearly feel it pounding fiercely and painfully, which seemed quite abnormal to me at the time, but in sync with the pain I was feeling as a result of the depression.

It was that bad that i had resolved to take some medically suggested dietary supplements to boost my morale and energy levels because i felt very weak and spiritless. However I later had a change of heart and made up my mind that I was going to rely on God's help alone, so if God wasn't going to help me Himself, I wouldn't seek help elsewhere.

It seemed a difficult and risky decision to make, but God did come to my rescue not long after that, which suggested that I had made the right decision, as it was for good.

Now, this life-changing encounter took place when I was in the bathroom taking my bath. It came via a song through which God revealed to me that It's all about Him, and that was it! My depression was completely gone, as the burden i felt for about five to six months that weighed me down, got totally lifted.

And it wasn't that all the problems that I had at the time had disappeared all of a sudden as a result, because they were still very much there. But that revelation that "it was all about God", meant the problems no longer had the power to get me depressed.

Because even though I was a very strong Christian at the time who willing to die for Christ's sake, the truth was that, it wasn't all about God, because it was still to some extent about me. Hence why the problems I had at the time, were able to get me depressed, as I was very concerned about people's opinions and what they would make of it.

So it wasn't necessarily the problems I had, but what I made of it and people's opinions concerning it that got me depressed, hence once i received that revelation from God that "it's all about Him", that was all it required to take the life of my depression away, since it was no longer about me or what people thought about me, but it was now "ALL ABOUT GOD"!

This is 19 years later and still counting, and I have never had any point since then where I found it a little bit hard to come down from my bed, not even once. And it's not because I have not been through difficulties or trying times afterwards, because I've definitely been through much much worse, but that revelation that "it was all about God" appears to have given me such a rock solid foundation, that I am able to withstand and overcome any such difficulty I faced. Matthew 7:24-25

That revelation God gave to me turned out to be the game changer for me, and yet stands as the best thing that ever happened to me, because it completely transformed my orientation, and paved way for me to begin walk at the next level with God, which is the level of the Spirit, where it is all about God!

I spoke of the fasting in the wilderness being one of the greatest things that happened to me in a recent thread I shared. If anythings else trumps that, it's this encounter with God in the bathroom where I received this revelation that "it's all about God", because it's this revelation that inspired the orientation behind the magnitude of my desire to begin to live the kind of life the apostles and prophets lived in the bible days, where it was all about God, which actually led me to embark on that fast.

https://www.nairaland.com/6443340/what-happened-me-when-attempted/4#99755058

I cannot thank God enough for that amazing revelation that had not only brought me out from the deepest pit of depression, but has also lifted me up and placed my feet upon the solid Rock upon which I now stand.

God bless.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2021
If you also desire to overcome depression as I did, you can check out the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6391879/7-causes-depression-how-overcome#98598012

5 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Righteousness2(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Praise GOD.
Nothing Terminates depression like an Encounter and touch from GOD.

I Remember back in days when I had some worries about life. So many things held me up. Until I Genuinely Released myself to GOD Almighty. What I Remember is that Suddenly the burdens in me disappeared. I knew something had left me.

If we Can have a Personal Concious understanding about GOD ALMIGHTY and who HE really is, You will live your life Here In Peace resting and trusting in HIM.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Praise GOD.

I Remember back in days when I had some worries about life. So many things held me up. Until I Genuinely Released myself to GOD Almighty. What I Remember is that Suddenly the burdens in me disappeared. I knew something had left me.

If we Can have a Personal Concious understanding about GOD ALMIGHTY and who HE really is, You will live your life Here In Peace resting and trusting in HIM.
Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Righteousness2(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lovely. Thanks for sharing.
GOD Bless you My Brother

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Abboki: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Praise GOD.

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Onyi22(f): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2021
All thanks to God

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2021
Cumming...
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by EdoFirstBorn(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2021
Wayo pastors go soon use this one do format

4 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Uyi168: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression

"I would testify!" Those were the exact words i wrote on a small piece of paper and pinned unto my wardrobe sometime in 2002, while I was yet suffering severe depression.

Here I am today, 19 years later doing exactly that, however at the time I wrote down those three words, it seemed really improbable and only but a distant dream to me, as everything seemed so gloomy, i just couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

What really inspired such audacity in the midst of my adversity, that would make me put down those words is what I haven't been able to figure out up til now.

Perhaps it wasn't just me but God using me to prophesy concerning things to come and what He would use me to do much later, because if anyone had told me that today God would be using me to deliver many from the same condition I suffered, I would have seriously doubted that possibility.

It wasn't funny at all. To make it through a day required a whole lot, I wondered if I would make it to the next. And it wasn't because of suicidal thoughts, as that never crossed my mind, but the pain and misery alone seemed just too much for me to bear, i feared if it was going to end my life.

Even to get down from my bed which was supposed to be just about the simplest of tasks was such a big ask, as I also found myself seriously struggling with that.

And it wasn't that i was physically sick, but it was emotionally that I was having serious issues and really struggling, for I had virtually lost all my spirits, hence it seemed my depressed mode had become fully activated.

This mood also reflected in my body posture as well, as my head had now assumed the depressed position as its new normal, especially when I was having a conversation with people, which was really embarrassing to say the least, but there was not much I could do about it, because regardless of how much I tried to motivate myself to get my head up, it didn't last for long, as that seemed to be its unnatural position.

It also seemed to affect my heart as i could clearly feel it pounding fiercely and painfully, which seemed quite abnormal to me at the time, but in sync with the pain I was feeling as a result of the depression.

It was that bad that i had resolved to take some medically suggested dietary supplements to boost my morale and energy levels because i felt very weak and spiritless. However I later had a change of heart and made up my mind that I was going to rely on God's help alone, so if God wasn't going to help me Himself, I wouldn't seek help elsewhere.

It seemed a difficult and risky decision to make, but God did come to my rescue not long after that, which suggested that I had made the right decision, as it was for good.

Now, this life-changing encounter took place when I was in the bathroom taking my bath. It came via a song through which God revealed to me that It's all about Him, and that was it! My depression was completely gone, as the burden i felt for about five to six months that weighed me down, got totally lifted.

And it wasn't that all the problems that I had at the time had disappeared all of a sudden as a result, because they were still very much there. But that revelation that "it was all about God", meant the problems no longer had the power to get me depressed.

Because even though I was a very strong Christian at the time who willing to die for Christ's sake, the truth was that, it wasn't all about God, because it was still to some extent about me. Hence why the problems I had at the time, were able to get me depressed, as I was very concerned about people's opinions and what they would make of it.

So it wasn't necessarily the problems I had, but what I made of it and people's opinions concerning it that got me depressed, hence once i received that revelation from God that "it's all about Him", that was all it required to take the life of my depression away, since it was no longer about me or what people thought about me, but it was now "ALL ABOUT GOD"!

This is 19 years later and still counting, and I have never had any point since then where I found it a little bit hard to come down from my bed, not even once. And it's not because I have not been through difficulties or trying times afterwards, because I've definitely been through much much worse, but that revelation that "it was all about God" appears to have given me such a rock solid foundation, that I am able to withstand and overcome any such difficulty I faced. Matthew 7:24-25

That revelation God gave to me turned out to be the game changer for me, and yet stands as the best thing that ever happened to me, because it completely transformed my orientation, and paved way for me to begin walk at the next level with God, which is the level of the Spirit, where it is all about God!

I spoke of the fasting in the wilderness being one of the greatest things that happened to me in a recent thread I shared. If anythings else trumps that, it's this encounter with God in the bathroom where I received this revelation that "it's all about God", because it's this revelation that inspired the orientation behind the magnitude of my desire to begin to live the kind of life the apostles and prophets lived in the bible days, where it was all about God, which actually led me to embark on that fast.

https://www.nairaland.com/6443340/what-happened-me-when-attempted/4#99755058

I cannot thank God enough for that amazing revelation that had not only brought me out from the deepest pit of depression, but has also lifted me up and placed my feet upon the solid Rock upon which I now stand.

God bless.
Next Sunday will be 'how God delivered you from the depth of masturbation'...

Your own sef dey your body..

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Agwadi: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2021
grin

This op will make a good story-teller......nigga be dishing out tales by moonlight with s.k in his hands, op is a faker tongue
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by OloshoMan: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Is that you in the dp? If yes
I wanna bang that ass
If it's about money,let me know.
Happy Sunday, church folks
Onyi22:
All thanks to God
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Movieguru(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2021
Amen to that

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by AntiChristian: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2021
Hmmm.

Are you truly delivered? Cos you dey see things others no dey see. Weird things!
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Truefaith: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2021
Depression is the cry of the soul to its estranged Maker

Solve the sin problem and depression goes!

But demons are clever in bringing depression - and lifting it once it serves their purpose.

The writer wrote of being a strong Christian willing to die for Christ, but at the same time, weighed down with what people would say about him. Is someone not deceiving himself here?

Deception is the major issue of our day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDDblJ56h8
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by wearsandtrends1: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2021
f grin
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2021
Uyi168:
Next Sunday will be 'how God delivered you from the depth of masturbation'...

Your own sef dey your body..
It's God's job to deliver...

It's ours to testify!

So I would keep on testifying of God's goodness in my life to the glory of God.

Sorry that my testimony bothers you, but as long as it pleases God I'd keep on doing it regardless.

I hope you too would testify about God's goodness to you soon.

Thanks and God bless.

7 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by RevT1: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2021
I too will testify.

2 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Heterodox(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2021
lol...
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Glory to God.

3 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by sageb: 9:55am On Mar 21, 2021
Quite inspiring

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by ignis: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2021
I still suffer depression occasionally whenever I think deep.

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by Koolyarn: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2021
Depression in the Bible is aptly called "The spirit of Heaviness", it is a point where hopelessness takes over the Focus of an individual despite their position, status and achivement.
It permeates the spirit, soul and body.

Surprisingly, many prophets fell into this category . Elijah and Jeremiah are two key examples, we al know how
Elijah called to God to allow him to die despite the mighty thing God wrought in him.
Jeremiah was known for two things.. lamentations and also wrongly accussing God of deceiving him.

How to get out of depression,

1. Replay your past victory knowing that it has happen before and it is going to happen again to a greater dimension. Victory will happen again as the writer said I Would testify. Songs are veritable tools and weapon to constantly remind yourself of God goodness and His personality and works.

2. Focus on God. He is much bigger than your problem, even moreso He is much bigger than You. He sees the big picture. The whole entire picture is laid before him. Your destiny is only secured in Him.

3. Your problems are part of your story .. Your HIS-tory. Never give up in your soul cos your SOUL IS WHAT animates the BODY. Your soul is subjected to your Spirit where you allow GOD to minister.

4. Seek counselling from a mature person or a strong Christian especially those that have gone through this path and survive.

5, Your support Group i.e family and friend are key to helping you quickly out of this heavy spirit

6. If need be, where your faith can't carry it, seek medical help. Situation like death , terminal sickness are not easily handled by everyone.

7. Above all, believe God and pray. He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him.

.Thank God is using me.... I was once depressed.
Hope I help someone out there. Stay strong, stand firm

Peace

4 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2021
Depression is a gradual human killer.

Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by amaham(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2021
Depression is real! Does it cause sleepless nights??
Re: How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression by jy2kbeyond(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2021
19 paragraphs and it's difficult to deduce any point from the write up?

Does anyone here understand the story and narration of the depressed fellow?

Am I the only one?

undecided undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.