Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (28871 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by greypencils: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bro I am a christian. And many atimes church folks contribute to one having a low self esteem. Ever been to a church where you see all those creamy girls, tall and beautiful things in heels, and some fresh dudes who are well paid(legally and illegally) meanwhile you have spent two years post-NYSC at home without a job. The self esteem thingy is a thing of the mind. And the very first step to overcome it is lookdown on those things which makes you think others are better than you. Infact spite that big boy with that fancy car and get angry inside you. Fan your desire for a change and work towards it. The more you achieve, the more your confidence/self esteem grows. Self esteem being a spiritual thingy? Ehn, dont think so.

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tydi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
Chybeibe:
Abeg o, I no fit shout.
Then "hush" barbie. How ur sunday there go? This rain there fall reach yur end so?
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anibirelawal(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
When money's talking, bullshit kept quiet. money is the tranformation of your success.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

Then "hush" barbie.
How ur sunday there go?
This rain there fall reach yur end so?
My Sunday is going smooth. Its not raining here.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by streamsofjoy(f): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

Dear OP,

You don't have to bring God and deliverance into this, low self esteem is neither a sin nor demonic. I want to believe getting involved in church activities helped you acquired more skills that may have augmented your previous self esteem. Within this context, the church was nothing more than a platform to boost your confidence. Any standard working environment can equally do same. God is not into delivering people from low self esteem, because God has place in everyone all he/she needs. Low self esteem is at best self inflicted either from inability to discover ourselves or similar reasons.

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anibirelawal(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
When money's talking, bullshit kept quiet. money is the tranformation of your Testimony.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Sanctecosma(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
adepeter2027:
Make I book this plot

Modified: senseless write-up
The sense in the post can be seen only by those who have sense and perception... I doubt if you do!

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by lawalosky(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
thanking for turning you to rascal right?

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by adepeter2027(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sanctecosma:

The sense in the post can be seen only by those who have sense and perception... I doubt if you do!

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Sanctecosma(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

Dear OP,

You don't have to bring God and deliverance into this, low self esteem is neither a sin nor demonic. I want to believe getting involved in church activities helped you acquired more skills that may have augmented your previous self esteem. Within this context, the church was nothing more than a platform to boost your confidence. Any standard working environment can equally do same. God is not into delivering people from low self esteem, because God has place in everyone all he/she needs. Low self esteem is at best self inflicted either from inability to discover ourselves or similar reasons.
You know sometimes, it takes the handiwork of God directly or indirectly to discover a true self. And because God is all goodness, I don't see any wrong in OP attributing this "good" change in his life to God the "SUMMUM BONUM".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tydi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Boxer007:

Nothing wrong being gay. Grow up

Everything about it is wrong my brother,better accept JESUS CHRIST as ur lord and personal saviour.
May the peace of the Lord be with u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
No matter how good someone tries to say, people will always look for shits to say...mmm, Naija! No wonder we are never satisfied.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by samsam2019: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ok. You claim to have a very dark skin in secondary school but now you're lightskinned.

Did your Jesus now bleach your skin no or wha?

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by TheEminentLaity: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
oh right, then these same set of people become the repugnant monsters that molest female students and act like imbeciles because they are called lecturers. Look at the politicians and the civil servants undecided Please, spare us that nonsense, the old generation have failed the country and are still rubbing it on our faces.
ddjay:
Uc y d education then (80s/90s) was good and infact,better.we were made equal irrespective of how rich your background is.we used to wear thesame school uniform, compound wear and all were of thesame style.girls dont plate dia hair (all low cut).we wore sandals for classes and slippers for compound wear. Also ate thesame food.then when we got into the university, we treated each other with respect, infact, those that had respect (what u call high class)were those on first class and 2.1, not those just having cars and staying off campus.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Boxer007(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
tydi:

Everything about it is wrong my brother,better accept JESUS CHRIST as ur lord and personal saviour.
May the peace of the Lord be with u.

If it not a sin to suck breast,why is it a sin to suck dik? Brother,you are confuse. So u saying it ok for men to steer at woman's ass but men not allowed to steer at mens ass? Are u from the village,do u have electriccity? Brother, i need to hug u. Seriously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by johnstin(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
anthonydunamis:
When I was in secondary school, we had a way of classifying ourselves. Some of us were seen as 'Behind'- those who could afford Timberland boots, wear the coolest Nikes, looked cute or drove a car to school. Then we had the average guys- students from middle-class families who did some 'Behind' things but were not that cool. Third, we had the 'razz' category- those who had no swag, no single drop of coolness, no expensive wears, no automobiles, no slick lines for the girls.

I dare say I belonged to the last category for most of my six years in secondary school. I came from a low middle-class family and my parents (like heroes that they are) had to strain to pay the exorbitant school fees. I could not afford to buy new wears for school parties and the like, so I sometimes borrowed from my best friend back then. Thank you, Temitayo Taiwo smiley

I was often the butt of jokes and mockery, as I had my face plastered with pimples and I was as black as a pot retrieved from the pit of hell. In issues of dating and 'hustling', I was as naive as they come. No girl was interested...and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have dated myself if I were those girls.

My inability to 'blend' with the popular crowd was frustrating and my self-esteem was at its lowest ebb. I managed to cover it up well by focusing on my poetry and smiling through the jests. A classmate, Oluwabunmi Femi-Akande once told me, 'One thing I like about you is that no matter how much you are insulted, you keep smiling.' But it was all a fačade.

I believed that I was that person the popular crowd told me I was- not good enough. And that taunting voice followed me for years, controlling my priorities, my time, my money, my emotions, my potential and my relationships...until I met Jesus. I became born again!

As I got closer to Him, my confidence sky-rocketed. His Word revealed to me that I am made for an awesome purpose, and all the gifts and attributes I need to achieve that are in me already!

I am now a totally different person, in all ramifications. And that's Jesus at work.

Please listen to me, my friend. For too long, you have allowed the crowd to decide your opinion about yourself. Now, you subconsciously try to measure up to the standards they have set for you. That is not true life.

Your dressing, the way you spend money, the hard drugs and womanizing, the lies you tell about yourself, the sycophancy, living a fake life and borrowing to maintain that appearance...it has to stop NOW.

Think about it. Ask yourself 'What am I doing today that is not really who I am but I do it because I don't want to be an outcast to others?' It has to stop NOW.

Now is the time to outgrow that nonsense.

And if you are yet to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept Him NOW. He will do wonders in you, for you and through you. I love you and God bless you! smiley

May GOD bless you abundantly for sharing this.

If you have not given your life to Jesus Christ, you don't know what you are missing.
I began enjoying my life the day I gave my life to Christ.
If you are into fornication, stealing, homosexuality, lieing, idolatry, drinking, smoking, partying, ritual...etc...you are under the bondage of sin and the devil. Come to Jesus Christ and he will deliver you from these sins.

Truly, salvation through Jesus Christ is the best thing to happen to mankind and you can only enjoy ots beauty and peace when you possess it.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anthonydunamis: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
samsam2019:
Ok. You claim to have a very dark skin in secondary school but now you're lightskinned.

Did your Jesus now bleach your skin no or wha?

Due to the standard of living when I was in secondary school, I was very black. Maybe it was the prolonged daily walk under the sun, stress, diet, etc. However, that picture I posted was taken about 11 years after, when I had already moved to the UK.

BTW, I'm not light-skinned. Maybe you can say I'm chocolate. The lighting from the sun made me appear fairer in the picture. Here's my real colour.

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Chukabiz1961(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
So those years, there was no water also to make you neat? you don't know that some girls are attracted to neat guys irrespective of their financial status.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Mims2016(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nice piece bro. You sure look good.

anthonydunamis:
When I was in secondary school, we had a way of classifying ourselves. Some of us were seen as 'Behind'- those who could afford Timberland boots, wear the coolest Nikes, looked cute or drove a car to school. Then we had the average guys- students from middle-class families who did some 'Behind' things but were not that cool. Third, we had the 'razz' category- those who had no swag, no single drop of coolness, no expensive wears, no automobiles, no slick lines for the girls.

I dare say I belonged to the last category for most of my six years in secondary school. I came from a low middle-class family and my parents (like heroes that they are) had to strain to pay the exorbitant school fees. I could not afford to buy new wears for school parties and the like, so I sometimes borrowed from my best friend back then. Thank you, Temitayo Taiwo smiley

I was often the butt of jokes and mockery, as I had my face plastered with pimples and I was as black as a pot retrieved from the pit of hell. In issues of dating and 'hustling', I was as naive as they come. No girl was interested...and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have dated myself if I were those girls.

My inability to 'blend' with the popular crowd was frustrating and my self-esteem was at its lowest ebb. I managed to cover it up well by focusing on my poetry and smiling through the jests. A classmate, Oluwabunmi Femi-Akande once told me, 'One thing I like about you is that no matter how much you are insulted, you keep smiling.' But it was all a fačade.

I believed that I was that person the popular crowd told me I was- not good enough. And that taunting voice followed me for years, controlling my priorities, my time, my money, my emotions, my potential and my relationships...until I met Jesus. I became born again!

As I got closer to Him, my confidence sky-rocketed. His Word revealed to me that I am made for an awesome purpose, and all the gifts and attributes I need to achieve that are in me already!

I am now a totally different person, in all ramifications. And that's Jesus at work.

Please listen to me, my friend. For too long, you have allowed the crowd to decide your opinion about yourself. Now, you subconsciously try to measure up to the standards they have set for you. That is not true life.

Your dressing, the way you spend money, the hard drugs and womanizing, the lies you tell about yourself, the sycophancy, living a fake life and borrowing to maintain that appearance...it has to stop NOW.

Think about it. Ask yourself 'What am I doing today that is not really who I am but I do it because I don't want to be an outcast to others?' It has to stop NOW.

And if you are yet to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept Him NOW. He will do wonders in you, for you and through you. I love you and God bless you! smiley
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by ddjay: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
oh right, then these same set of people become the repugnant monsters that molest female students and act like imbeciles because they are called lecturers. Look at the politicians and the civil servants undecided Please, spare us that nonsense, the old generation have failed the country and are still rubbing it on our faces.
Mmm, and the younger generation are worse (that means)
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Ukalejohn(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
BruncleZuma:
This God nah wah

grin grin grin grin

Taking time off of saving Earth from an alien invasion to give somebody self esteem...
God! You should be a comedian
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by XTLikeNat777: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
anthonydunamis:

Drop your contacts I will like to see you some day. You are the kind of guys I'm going to work with soon.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Here2day(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
sexy pimples grin grin
Xtaceeey:
Oga.

You just touched money, it's not a spiritual thing. U had low self esteem because u were broke. When u have arrived, pimples will even look sexy on you.

Leave God outta this please.

Next gist abeg.....!!!
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anthonydunamis: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
XTLikeNat777:

Drop your contacts I will like to see you some day. You are the kind of guys I'm going to work with soon.

That'll be great. I like networking with the right kind of people.

Facebook: Anthony Igbinosun
Whatsapp only: 08083797146
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by TheEminentLaity: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
Well, they didn't know any better, neither did they see/experience any better. They are simply the products of these shitty old folks...and how about the people experienced and benefited from when the country was 'good' and working take responsibility for the embarrassment they have transformed Nigeria into? How can someone who attended public school and paid no tuition from primary to university become minister/commissioner of education and then steal and withhold funds meant for schools? what then do you expect those schools to produce? and you want to blame the victims?

FYI, the younger ones aren't worse by the way, I wonder how you inferred that from my earlier comment. From your comment, there was no class because everyone was getting the same or comparative standard of education. Who are the ministers from these your 'angelic-can-do-nothing-wrong-generation'? But they don't reason, do they?

ddjay:

Mmm, and the younger generation are worse (that means)

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
anthonydunamis:

God didn't save u, u received sense at on point. grin grin grin
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by GindoX(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

God didn't save u, u received sense at on point. grin grin grin

Hahahaha, Jésù! Doris I miss u. 07032650520
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
GindoX:

Hahahaha, Jésù! Doris I miss u. 07032650520

And who is Doris
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by gnykelly(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
virus05:
I'm in that position now(low self esteem) which makes me get frustrated sometimes. Well I just gats manage my life like that. I'm sure as time goes on It'll change

find money, your low self-esteem will vanish.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
I have experienced this before and I've got few extrapolations

I think someone who suffers low self-esteem is probably too busy trying to improve himself/herself in many aspects of his/her life that such a person doesn't get to discover the good features he has.
Many people are envious of you and as such,would try to bring you down by making you think "I'm not good enough".
Whereas you are far better than them.You just failed to realise this.You have your own uniqueness.

Listening to the opinions of people about you (especially mediocre persons) is always disastrous.

And please building a high self esteem has nothing to do with religion,wealth and social status.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by virus05(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
gnykelly:

find money, your low self-esteem will vanish.
I'm an internet Marketer and earning 100k+ monthly so that is not the problem. I'm just shy and have low self esteem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? / Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.