Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,799 members, 7,851,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? (3449 Views)

Poll: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria?

My Life!: 10% (3 votes)
Ideas, Planning, Time, Service, Funds: 30% (9 votes)
Kill all leaders- past, present and dead: 20% (6 votes)
NOTHING: 13% (4 votes)
Answering this poll is even too much sacrifice: 10% (3 votes)
God forbid!: 6% (2 votes)
Anything, Anytime: 10% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun / Isoro Cult Speaks About Human Sacrifice For Installation Of New Ooni / National Assembly Leadership: We Won’t Sacrifice Quality For Zoning – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Salvie(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2010
We all place a demand on this country and its leadership, which in our general opinion has scored less than average and to some folks the leadership has even made no score at all, but we fail to recognize that we all make up the enterprise called Nigeria and what the country is today was our general contributions.

Now let me ask: Are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for your country's growth?

What you cannot die for, you wont want to live for. Disabuse your minds of the folk tales that has weakened your faith in Nigeria and begin today to look out ways of improving her image, economy, education and people.

Be the answer to the Nigerian Prayers!
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by NnamdiN: 10:11am On Mar 24, 2010
A strand of my hair is too much to sacrifice for Nigeria.I'm not an American,but I could sacrifice an arm for her.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by cpatra(f): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2010
My breakfast, in terms of fasting once a millenium.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by ElRazur: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2010
Yes I will die for Nigeria IF only it will make a change. No point dying when most will chicken out and the cause will be lost.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by kadman(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2010
I can sacrifice. . . NOTHING !! And that's even too much
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by blackcat1: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2010
Those who cannot sacrifice should stay out of this thread angry angry

@ElRazur , thumbs up  grin

@poster I will sacrifice anything. So what's the plan?
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Hoteph(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2010
Accepting that Nigeria is my country is enough sacrifice, angry
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2010
Not even my prayer. I have basically STOPPED PRAYING FOR THE BETTERMENT of the curse country called nigeria. Cos am convinced "it will never get better"
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by jemmyvibe: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2010
If you die for Nigeria now, you die wrongfully according to Baba 70

Business in a Box.

Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by newmaster(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2010
me sacrifice for nigeria on what basic, nigeria don't wot sacrifice period
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by seanbudos(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2010
paying tax that is not meaningful is more than sacrifice, i think that 1 is ik.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
sacrificing for dying country
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
[s][/s]
chosen04:

Not even my prayer. I have basically STOPPED PRAYING FOR THE BETTERMENT of the curse country called nigeria. Cos am convinced "it will never get better"
[s][/s]this is a talk of a selfish child.@topic---i can go a long extent for nigeria.lol
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by xreal: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
I have sacrificed for her already, been its citizen by birth.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by dempeople(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hoteph:

Seconded. grin grin grin
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by philipinho: 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
do we have to become savages to make a country better. violence is not the key here, even if it's for a good cause. making this country better is going to be a slow goal to reach. so all we can do is take it one day at a time. more life,
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by cicero(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hoteph:

grin
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

[/s][s]this is a talk of a selfish child.@topic---i can go a long extent for nigeria.lol

The unselfish adult--------Why not mention/list the long extents you can go for the curse? LOL
@Poster, can you repete the qs for him again?
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by PBundles(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
In all honesty and all jokes/anger aside, I think that most of us would not mind sacrificing for our country, the problem is and read cafefully,  would it be valued? There is absolutely no point in giving ones life for an unjust cause or at no benefit. Then your not brave, but no matter how well intention, pardon, but stupid and ignorant to the facts. The hardships and failed promises that we all have had to endure is not stimulating to say the least. The average Nigerian whether living in Nigeria or abroad, indirectly sacrifices. So when the little sacrifice is not helping, what would be the point in giving the ultimate, being ones life. I honestly believe that a time will come when we Nigerians, no matter religion and ethnic background will realise the true potential we have and no longer accept mediocrity I'msure that time will come, why because we are becoming exposed to what we should have instead of being fooled that we are fortunate. As many brothers and sisters travel abroad, see other societies, gain information that the new tech has provided us, we will slowly see a change. For those who don'tbelieve, I simply ask you to see the election of Obama as proof. Martin Luther King died more than 40 years ago and just over 45 years ago,  Blacks/negros were confirmed in the US Constitition as being 100 % human ( crazy I know, but its true, they were regarded 3/5 human). I know this as part of my roots are american. If you had asked the average American say 10 years ago if it was possibe they would have said no, even a year ago and now the US has a black president. So change is inevitable, because history has shown the resilience of the human spiirit to not waiver. I pray I see that day, then YES INDEED I will offer the maximum offer if need be. Sorry for the long post my proud brothers and beautiful sisters, stay loved and blessed.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by ElRazur: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
Jeez use paragraphs next time. My head burst from trying to read that.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by PurestBoy(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
Nothing
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
chosen04:

The unselfish adult--------Why not mention/list the long extents you can go for the curse? LOL
@Poster, can you repete the qs for him again?
campaigning for peace and unity of nigeria is something i've been doing for this country or do you want me to die?
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by naijaswag1: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
All my problems.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by suegbe: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
How much has Nigeria sacrificed for me?. When JFK admonished Americans to ''THink not what your country can do for you but think what you can do for your country'' it was clear to all Americans that what your country should do for you is GIVEN, must be done and are being done. It was all about responsible governance/government.

Government/governed are like father and child. A responsible father has some inviolable responsibilities towards the child. It is given, it is a number of musts and such father will have moral/spiritual right to demand for payback from such child moreover, in most cases, that child will assume the responsibility of giving back naturally without being prompted. He would be willing to give all, to even die for the father.

So let's ask Mr Nigeria, how much have you given to your children, how responsible have you been, have you ever met up with your basic responsilities?

I am of the firm opinion that Nigeria's problem is that of bad leadership pure and simple. An ordinary Nigerian is very hardworking, entreprising and faithful. With fairly good and purposeful leadership Nigeria will go places.

Give Nigerians the basics - electricity, potable water, good roads, education, security etc and see what will happen.

Take Lagos for example, the governor has been able to prove it to all Nigerians that purposeful, honest, committed governance was still possible afterall. I am not a politician and i'm not sympathetic to any political party but i can tell you categorically and with pride that i can DIE for the Lagos of Governor Fashola.

I am also of the strong conviction that rid Nigeria of the comedians and jokers occupying government houses from Aso Rock to others across the states, replace them with people of about same integrity, passion and purpose as Babatunde Fashola of Lagos and in six months, Nigerians would naturally be willing to die for Nigeria.

Right now, as for me and my house, God forbid bad thing  o, we no go fit die for Nigeria o, CHIKENA
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by timpaker(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
NnamdiN:

A strand of my hair is too much to sacrifice for Nigeria.I'm not an American,but I could sacrifice an arm for her.
Thats harsh!!
for me I can sacrifice my leaders for Her (Nigeria)
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
It is a lot easier to be able to sacrifice, when you know that the country and the people in it really even care.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by MsTom(f): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
ElRazur:

Yes I will die for Nigeria IF only it will make a change. No point dying when most will chicken out and the cause will be lost.

YOU LIE!!! grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
MsTom:

YOU LIE!!! grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
i doubt if a die-hard advocate of secession like him will die for nigeria.on that note,i seconded that elrazur lied.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i doubt if a die-hard advocate of secession like him will die for nigeria.on that note,i seconded that elrazur lied.

Lol
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by ud4u: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Not even a dine
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by yme1(f): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
anything sacrificable within my power undecided
not much oooooo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Curtail Robbery Activities In Lagos / Derivation And Deprivation: Why The North Is Poor / Breaking News: Jonathan Storms Senate To Stop Impeacment Of Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.