Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land (24380 Views)

NGF: Security Agents Must Stop Violation Of Interstate Lockdown / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Ayiibobo(m): 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
MightySparrow:
Nonsense thread. Igbo's made Lagos what it is now. Igbo man will one day rule in Oba of Lagos's palace.
�������������� na u go put am there shey,....nice one we dey await una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
SpComedy:
Lagos is a no man's land and the narrative is simple............. The yoruba may more in number but the no man-ness of Lagos is economically based.........

Every Nigerian contributed/is contributing to the growth of Lagos, the federal government used/uses money gotten from all over the country to build Lagos the more, all ethnic group in Nigeria are scampering to Lagos in other to gain back their resources used by FG to build Lagos, Thus making Lagos A NO MANS LAND.......... If e vex una ask federal government to construct federal roads, ports and airports in other region just like it's in Lagos..............

Lagos = NO MANS LAND

Lol. Federal government isn't doing anything in Lagos sir. The internally generated revenue of Lagos alone is more than that of 32 states combined. The thing is without Lagos, a lot of other states would suffer. I'm less concerned about whose land it is anyways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Ofemannnu: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
lowaist101:
The truth is that the Yoruba run Lagos but originally Lagos belongs to the people of Benin and brothers Awori. one eminent Lagosian said, all the major areas in Lagos Island came from Benin Language. Years ago, dead Lagos kings were taken to Benin for Burial. Some people own Lagos!

lol..meaning..
Aworis who are Yorubas from Ife should not
claim their ancestral land anymore even after the
whites were unable to carry it to their native land
after the possession.
Yorubas own all Yorubaland with their kith and
kin no matter where they come from.Any attack
on Ibadan,Osun,Ondo,Ekiti,Ogun,Lagos and even
Kwara with 90% Yorubas and Okun is an attack
on the Yoruba race..ask Ojuku.
No matter how much you shout and cry on the
internet... Yoruba will continue to own Lagos as
it was from inception before all the intruders
came along.
This is why the economy and all other important
indices for the growth of a state is in the hands
of the Yorubas,Yorubas control the destiny of
Lagos...no matter where they came
from...IMMIGRANTS LIKE THE IGBOS WHO ARE
PROVOKINGLY ANNOYING WILL HAVE
THEMSELVES TO BLAME AT THE END OF THE
DAY.A STITCH IN TIME,SAVES NINE.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Mayor21(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
femolii:
Don't say that but if they say lagos is no man 's land you will like it to be in front page. u can 't claim my land n be expecting me to keep quiet .
Nop bro, I don't whatsoever, buh just think it isn't right to bring such a topic to front page. I'm not Igbo nor Yoruba, just a ss'ner who wants a united South.
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
koning:

Very on point. You cannot believe the number of these Yoruba families I'm helping to feed in Lagos. Most of them from Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. Almost everybody working on my properties are Yoruba. From the Bricklayer, the Mason, Carpenter up to the project supervisor. They don't have any basis whatsoever to complain about the Igbos. They should rather be grateful.

That Owo Iyaloja is paid mostly by Igbo traders.

We have craftsmen and artisans from every region across the world. If you have an Igbo brother who is up to the task to take up the job, I'm not sure you'd invite the yorubas. Not everyone is educated and not everyone would have a white collar job so getting yorubas to work for you is no big deal at all. If I have to invest in the east, eastern brothers would work on my site.

I don't see why Yorubas should complain, as a matter of fact, we live in peace and harmony here in Lagos. All through school, my best friends have been Igbos. Some can speak yoruba fluently and even say our proverbs, other who can't speak definitely understand. I'm convinced most of the Igbos creating hate - filled threads against the yorubas here on nairaland are the hungry ones who don't know where the geographical location of Lagos is and who envy their brothers excelling here. They are simply willing to create troubles for them.

Owo Iyaloja is just giving unto caesar what belongs to him. These boys only do so in Lagos and no where else because they are sons of the soil. This scenario may be worst if Imo or Anambra State were Lagos. Yoruba and hausa settlers may have to pay for standing, sitting, walking or even singing in Igbo land. You really don't expect any Igbo man to come to Lagos and say Owomida, do you?

I believe our common enemy is our government and not our neighbours, until we know that, this kind of thread wouldn't cease gracing the homepage of Nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointZerom:

Back to sender...I am not a lazy man my dear.

I am a dealer in plumbing materials and tiles. Only here to attack those that are insulting Igbos and Ndi Igbo in general.

Only if you know how many people that are in my monthly pay roll. .......pls try another joke.
Yinmu, na today. Is it not you billionaires on paper again grin . I repeat, the girl will feed your household till 19th generation.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
writerights:

We have craftsmen and artisans from every region across the world. If you have an Igbo brother who is up to the task to take up the job, I'm not sure you'd invite the yorubas. Not everyone is educated and not everyone would have a white collar job so getting yorubas to work for you is no big deal at all. If I have to invest in the east, eastern brothers would work on my site.

I don't see why Yorubas should complain, as a matter of fact, we live in peace and harmony here in Lagos. All through school, my best friends have been Igbos. Some can speak yoruba fluently and even say our proverbs, other who can't speak definitely understand. I'm convinced most of the Igbos creating hate - filled threads against the yorubas here on nairaland are the hungry ones who don't know where the geographical location of Lagos is and who envy their brothers excelling here. They are simply willing to create troubles for them.

Owo Iyaloja is just giving unto caesar what belongs to him. These boys only do so in Lagos and no where else because they are sons of the soil. This scenario may be worst if Imo or Anambra State were Lagos. Yoruba and hausa settlers may have to pay for standing, sitting, walking or even singing in Igbo land. You really don't expect any Igbo man to come to Lagos and say Owomida, do you?

I believe our common enemy is our government and not our neighbours, until we know that, this kind of thread wouldn't cease gracing the homepage of Nairaland.
Person dey lie and you dey swallow it. No be igbos that are billionaires on paper again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Person dey lie and you dey swallow it. No be igbos that are billionaires on paper again.

It doesn't even matter. Who every wants to live a life of fantasy on the Internet should go ahead. that's why it's a faceless forum.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointZerom: 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Yinmu, na today. Is it not you billionaires on paper again grin . I repeat, the girl will feed your household till 19th generation.

After feeding yours

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

As arrogant as we are, and as insecure as you feel, we are each other's hope.
Bro, we need to understand our difference so we can work together.

Igbo won't change, neither would you. So let's leave this matter and face the future together. The common enemy love this squabbles, but we are smarter than that. Let's move forward.

The only like you got was given by me. If there is any other, then I am the first. You are now making sense. I don't hate igbo, take that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by ladiguy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
laudate:

Awori people are Yoruba, not Benin. The man that said Awori and Bini are brothers, was simply confused.

Not even confused but crazy. Elderly man twisting history. What a shame.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointZerom: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
The only like you got was given by me. If there is any other, then I am the first. You are now making sense. I don't hate igbo, take that.

2 Likes

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by generalbush(m): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Tahra:
Stop being tribalistic.

Opinion duly noted and trashed!
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by kn23h(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:
On the contrary, I don't want Igbos to stop calling Lagos no-man's Land and I'll state my reasons.

Yorubas welcomed Igbos with an open hand and returned their abandoned properties after the war. Meanwhile, Igboid groups in present-day Rivers and Bayelsa states refused to return confiscated Igbo properties.

Nigerians from all ethnicities come to Lagos, live, trade, work, build and retire here. However, Igbos ignored the landowners and contributions of everyone and are selfishly but are foolishly claiming they developed Lagos.

The problem some Igbos have is that they have short memories. They've forgotten that as at when the Portuguese landed in Lagos, they had not yet finished trekking from Isreal or wherever they were downloaded from.

Yoruba are very welcoming and accommodating but won't tolerate nonsense. When these Igbos started this noise, we warned the liberal Yorubas but they said we were paranoid. Now, a lot of Yorubas are seeing the hate and bitterness that Igbos wish upon us and are now waking up.

During the last LG elections, all LG seats in Festac, Ojo Alaba, Amuwo and other areas with large Igbo population were collected and are firmly in the hand of Yorubas. In 2019, we're collecting our seats from those Igbos representatives and HOA members.

The environmental sanitation is presently political. When we're through with that, we move to other areas. By the time we ban gala and Fan yogo hawking in Lagos and the economy of a whole Igbo state crumbles cos of that, maybe you'll have sense.

Let Igbos keep calling Lagos No man's land, it serves to wake up the consciousness of liberal Yorubas. Mind you, the quiet Yoruba man is the most dangerous. The revolution would not be televised.

kiss kiss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by kn23h(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
I told my people to wake up a year ago lol. cheesy
I love that the unconscious Yorubaman is waking up tho.

Not all battles are won with words and axe......most are won systematically, politically and economically.
Calling Lagos no man's land is akin to waging a war. The useless Oba will be the first we sacrifice to Yejoha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

As arrogant as we are, and as insecure as you feel, we are each other's hope.
Bro, we need to understand our difference so we can work together.

Igbo won't change, neither would you. So let's leave this matter and face the future together. The common enemy love this squabbles, but we are smarter than that. Let's move forward.

God punish you and your fellow igbo brothers! We would never work with you after all these insults on our tribe. It is better for Hausa to rule us till eternity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
kn23h:

kiss kiss

E ma da awon elede olori pelebe yen loun.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
kn23h:
I told my people to wake up a year ago lol. cheesy
I love that the unconscious Yorubaman is waking up tho.

Not all battles are won with words and axe......most are won systematically, politically and economically.
Calling Lagos no man's land is akin to waging a war. The useless Oba will be the first we sacrifice to Yejoha.

Baba, I'm telling you that as a matter of unofficial policy, the bureaucrats at Alausa have put in place an unofficial procedure to weed out these flatheaded miscreants in the areas property acquisition.

Very soon, they won't realize what hit them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:

Baba, I'm telling you that as a matter of unofficial policy, the bureaucrats at Alausa have put in place an unofficial procedure to weed out these flatheaded miscreants in the areas property acquisition.

Very soon, they won't realize what hit them.

I pray so oooo. We need to really nip their mojo in the bud. Igbo excesses are getting too much to bear. We need to weed out igbo specifically!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by shukuokukobambi: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I pray so oooo. We need to really nip their mojo in the bud. Igbo excesses are getting too much to bear. We need to weed out igbo specifically!

At long last, people like you don dey wake up cheesy

Shebi you were dancing on the we Christians dem Muslim keke before? You think foreign religions from the middle east, Christianity & Islam, can trump tribal affinity? You think if indeed there is heaven, one of these mofos won't try to bribe angel Gabriel to lock the gate against you because you share the same tribe as Awo and Soyinka? cheesy

Anyway I'm happy for you. I was like you until 3 years ago but i learnt. Now imagine what a governor and former bank director spewed with his gutter? I laugh cheesy

As for the disciples of the albino hunchback, na house apoti go dey to await the return of the recalcitrant nyansh angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
meforyou1:
Lagos is no man's land. even a prominent lagos indigene said it, that lagos belong to binis. all those yoruba from osogbo should go back to their rural slums. we developed lagos from when it was water and sand to what it is now, so we have the bragging right.
The same way Onitsha belongs to the Bini, and Asaba, Ossomala, Nsugbe, parts of Nsukka etc, belong to the Igalas. Even the staff of office for some of your kings in Enugu state, has to be presented by the Igalas, during any coronation process, for it to be valid. Should we tell the Igbo in Onitsha and those other places to relocate because it belonged to the Benin people, originally?

After all, the Bini and Igalas have bragging rights over various parts of Igbo land. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
Heavance:
It's funny how Lagosians don't bother to say a word about this. Those electronic hate people are actually not from Lagos, even the Yoruba's bashing their fellow Nigerians.
Check them well, they are from other Yoruba states not Lagos, I don't know why they see the Igbo's (fellow Nigerians) as an enemy, thinking because they are from other parts, they are entitled to claiming Lagos.
They fail to acknowledge the truth.
I really do not understand you. undecided Did the Yoruba indigenes of Lagos, tell you that they do not want their Yoruba brothers from other states outside Lagos to speak on their behalf online, or to help them defend Lagos against the land grabbers from across the Niger? So why are you taking panadol for their headache?

Or how many indigenes of Lagos told you that their Yoruba brothers cannot lay claim to Lagos? Do you think Lagosian-Yorubas discriminate against their cultural siblings? Are they like SE people who discriminate against their fellow Igbo people from other states, that are not their own?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by I888(m): 1:16am On Nov 22, 2017
writerights:

Lol. Federal government isn't doing anything in Lagos sir. The internally generated revenue of Lagos alone is more than that of 32 states combined. The thing is without Lagos, a lot of other states would suffer. I'm less concerned about whose land it is anyways.
You are wrong... The truth is if other states can attain at least 50 percent of Lagos level of development, Lagos will lose a lot as there will be so much exodus. You think people really like lagos with all its wahala?
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by seunfape(m): 1:27am On Nov 22, 2017
hakeem4:

The last time I checked, the Portuguese came and left Lagos was a big city, the British came and left Lagos was still a big city

So I don't even understand how the igbos made Lagos
they can like in Dubai,Indians makes Dubai but they are like slave to Emirati.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Emanodimo(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2017
A well thought topic to be a discussed in full...

Let them keep doing that by turning every spot to roadside trading and hawking, continue importing used clothes turning Nigeria to a dumping ground, dirty business, rent a passage turn it to shop blocking entrance....I hail una....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2017
Alcatraz005:

God punish you and your fellow igbo brothers! We would never work with you after all these insults on our tribe. It is better for Hausa to rule us till eternity.

When I said Igbos and Yorubas can work together I didn't people of your ilk bro. So you can go and faint somewhere. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by meforyou1(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2017
laudate:

The same way Onitsha belongs to the Bini, and Asaba, Ossomala, Nsugbe, parts of Nsukka etc, belong to the Igalas. Even the staff of office for some of your kings in Enugu state, has to be presented by the Igalas, during any coronation process, for it to be valid. Should we tell the Igbo in Onitsha and those other places to relocate because it belonged to the Benin people, originally?

After all, the Bini and Igalas have bragging rights over various parts of Igbo land. undecided
amala and ewedu is not good for your development.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by meforyou1(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2017
Alcatraz005:

your tribe that was decimated by dahomey women warriors not too long ago
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by MrGerald(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
EponOjuku:

The problem you have is that you think development is limited to brick and mortar structures.

Before Lagos was the Federal Capital, Calabar was the Federal Capital. Did it change anything?

As I said before, keep shouting that Igbos developed Lagos, I'm 100% in support of it. It would spur the liberal Yorubas to do the inevitable.

You developed Lagos, right?
Let me give you a hint, go and check the recent procedure for land acquisition, excision and release by the Lagos State Government. I won't say more than that. You won't know where it would hit you or when it would hit you.

You're a kid, nothing ain't hitting any body, Lagos as it is, like other major cities across the globe has political, economic and sociocultural mix and development from people from different places and walk of life, without these contributions from them Lagos won't be different from other rustic SW cities, besides I'm not claiming to developed Lagos, take away various investments and tax from these non indigenes and see how Lagos economic nosedive.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Ezigbonmadu: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2017
koning:
I very much doubt if you are Igbo with this azz-licking and ridiculous heading. You could simply ask Igbos to invest in Igbo land without having to bring up the issue of Lagos into it.

Lagos has never been a Yoruba Land. 97% of Yorubas in lagos are immigrants just like the Igbos, Hausas, Binis and other SS peoples. It is and will always remain a cosmopolitan entity for the entire nation. Yorubas are more in Lagos because of the proximity of core Yoruba states to Lagos.

Igbos are many there because of our ubiquitous and adventurous nature.

Igbos should invest more in Igbo states. I agree. But that has nothing to do with Lagos being 'no man's land'. Stop sucking up to Yorubas. that is if you are actually Igbo.

How more foolish can you be? To test your foolishness, go to Buchanan street in Glasgow, tell any Glaswegian you see there that his city is now cosmopolitan therefore Glasgow is now an English, Irish or no man's land. Even oyinbo will not have mercy on your sorry ass. Yorubas have been too lenient. We will soon start beating you up and confiscating your gala and lacasera on the streets of Lagos. Afterall, you can also sell your gala in the East. Time to "develop" your regiob too. Ungrateful morron Pigs I mean

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by lowaist101: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
laudate:

Awori people are Yoruba, not Benin. The man that said Awori and Bini are brothers, was simply confused.
No One Will Argue This But No One Will Also Wish Away The Bini Factor In Lagos. Did U Know That Names Like Idumagbo, Iduganran Etc, In Lagos Island Are Benin Names. Eko In Benin Language Means War Camp. Frm D Beginning There Was No Oba In Yoruba Land Apart Frm Benin. That Was Why We Have Till Today, Ooni( Benin Name) Of Ife, Alaafin Of Oyo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency / Anayo Edwin Nwonu To Oshiomhole: You Are Only Making Noise / Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.