Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land (24309 Views)

NGF: Security Agents Must Stop Violation Of Interstate Lockdown / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2017
sicobamty2:
just leave dem, before we used to give them commissioner, but wen they started this madness, what happened? Do we av any igbo's commissioner again? I just don't know why larger percentage of a tribe would be so senseless as this people.

No please. But we have something better - Lawmakers ! undecided undecided
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:

Just as your ancestors were chased out of Isreal and your fathers were chased out of Nigeria, you flatheaded miscreants would soon be kicked out of Yorubaland.

A few months ago, the Hausa Fulanis chased you ingrates out of Hausaland but your shameless fathers went on a regional begging tour to all the Northern States.

Which Isreal be dat? The one wey dey Aba or Owerri? grin
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2017
The thing is... empty vessels make the loudest noise, let them keep making the noise!
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by kuntash: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
My people lets stop saying this nonsense. Orji Kalu started this rubbish - as a political plow to distract from his abysmal failure in Abia state. If you like say this thing a million times - It does not change the reality that Yorubas run Lagos. Have you lived in Lagos? I lived there for many years, so I know what I am talking about.

We need to stop all this nonsense and concentrate on building and developing the SE. All this time we have been shouting Lagos is no man's land where has it gotten us? Biko lets buy sense! If we concentrate our efforts and divert more of our resources back home, with 2 decades the SE will become the envy of not just other regions but of the entire African continent.

Mods, Please take this to front page so I can have this discussion with my brothers and sisters. Thank you.

I am not Igbo, but God bless you !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointZerom: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

No please. But we have something better - Lawmakers ! undecided undecided
come 2019, if u will av any lawmaker.

3 Likes

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2017
adeolakemi:
the day Igbo's leave Lagos is the day it will competing with osun
They should leave first, we don't want your sermon. We even want Lagos to look like waste bin.
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:10am On Nov 21, 2017
oodualover:

Why won't they run away from their land when it is poor? See how the adults are desperate to leave iboeland

We don't mind; we encourage them.
There are exercising their freedom of movement. They are not constrained by time and space. They won't give excuse for not succeeding.

"Look ooo look oo.
Left right,Left right,
Left right, Left
One thousand Igbos dem dey come!"
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Mayor21(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2017
Who ever brought this thread to front page is a very very big fool. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2017
sicobamty2:
come 2019, if u will av any lawmaker.

We might have more. You'll never know. You aint God! tongue tongue
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

E pain am oo! grin grin grin

That's the difference between Yorubas and most Igbos. We're analytical while Igbos are emotional.

You're looking at it from the angle of 'e pain am', I'm looking at the next 99 years when your C of Os would expire.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Danladi7: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2017
SpComedy:
Lagos is a no man's land and the narrative is simple............. The yoruba may more in number but the no man-ness of Lagos is economically based.........

Every Nigerian contributed/is contributing to the growth of Lagos, the federal government used/uses money gotten from all over the country to build Lagos the more, all ethnic group in Nigeria are scampering to Lagos in other to gain back their resources used by FG to build Lagos, Thus making Lagos A NO MANS LAND.......... If e vex una ask federal government to construct federal roads, ports and airports in other region just like it's in Lagos..............

Lagos = NO MANS LAND

AND NNAEZE NDIGBO PROVIDED MONEY USED TO BUILD IGBOLAND grin

IF NOT,THEN THE WHOLE IGBOLAND IS A NO MANS LAND GOING BY YOU IPOB TERRORISTS LOW I.Q LOGIC

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2017
Mayor21:

What can we do?

We play with the cards they deal! We are but mere mortals. The MODs are like gods; all knowing!
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2017
koning:
I very much doubt if you are Igbo with this azz-licking and ridiculous heading. You could simply ask Igbos to invest in Igbo land without having to bring up the issue of Lagos into it.

Lagos has never been a Yoruba Land. 97% of Yorubas in lagos are immigrants just like the Igbos, Hausas, Binis and other SS peoples. It is and will always remain a cosmopolitan entity for the entire nation. Yorubas are more in Lagos because of the proximity of core Yoruba states to Lagos.

Igbos are many there because of our ubiquitous and adventurous nature.

Igbos should invest more in Igbo states. I agree. But that has nothing to do with Lagos being 'no man's land'. Stop sucking up to Yorubas. that is if you are actually Igbo.
Oga, tell your father to jump over ondo, osun, oyo and ogun states to be the gov of Lagos state since it does not belong to yorubas. At least, no one will challenge you in your imaginary no man's land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:

That's the difference between Yorubas and most Igbos. We're analytical while Igbos are emotional.

You're looking at it from the angle of 'e pain am', I'm looking at the next 99 years when your C of Os would expire.

Bla bla bla. Analyze my black arse. Keep fooling yourselves, as suffersticated.

You analyze your city into 'No Man's Land', and analyzed yourself into Buhari's scrotum. Keep analyzing!

99 years indeed. What about those that have expired as we speak? Or is Lagos less than 99 years old? Do you even have an idea what "change" can cause tomorrow?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by I888(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:
On the contrary, I don't want Igbos to stop calling Lagos no-man's Land and I'll state my reasons.

Yorubas welcomed Igbos with an open hand and returned their abandoned properties after the war. Meanwhile, Igboid groups in present-day Rivers and Bayelsa states refused to return confiscated Igbo properties.

Nigerians from all ethnicities come to Lagos, live, trade, work, build and retire here. However, Igbos ignored the landowners and contributions of everyone and are selfishly but are foolishly claiming they developed Lagos.

The problem some Igbos have is that they have short memories. They've forgotten that as at when the Portuguese landed in Lagos, they had not yet finished trekking from Isreal or wherever they were downloaded from.

Yoruba are very welcoming and accommodating but won't tolerate nonsense. When these Igbos started this noise, we warned the liberal Yorubas but they said we were paranoid. Now, a lot of Yorubas are seeing the hate and bitterness that Igbos wish upon us and are now waking up.

During the last LG elections, all LG seats in Festac, Ojo Alaba, Amuwo and other areas with large Igbo population were collected and are firmly in the hand of Yorubas. In 2019, we're collecting our seats from those Igbos representatives and HOA members.

The environmental sanitation is presently political. When we're through with that, we move to other areas. By the time we ban gala and Fan yogo hawking in Lagos and the economy of a whole Igbo state crumbles cos of that, maybe you'll have sense.

Let Igbos keep calling Lagos No man's land, it serves to wake up the consciousness of liberal Yorubas. Mind you, the quiet Yoruba man is the most dangerous. The revolution would not be televised.

I am igbo and support whatever you wish to put these menace away

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

We might have more. You'll never know. You aint God! tongue tongue
ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by oodualover: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

We don't mind; we encourage them.
There are exercising their freedom of movement. They are not constrained by time and space. They won't give excuse for not succeeding.

"Look ooo look oo.
Left right,Left right,
Left right, Left
One thousand Igbos dem dey come!"
Normadic tribe!!! IBO's must leave their land in order to survive. There must so much poverty in that land. If your land is developed, I see no reason why you must travel en masse out of it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2017
oodualover:

Normadic tribe!!! IBO's must leave their land in order to survive. There must so much poverty in that land. If your land is developed, I see no reason why you must travel en masse out of it.

I guess by this analysis, the European who left their lands to colonize Africa did so because they were poor and their land undeveloped?
Keep looking for reasons why we travel, while we target other yoruba cities to colonize! grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2017
PointZerom:

Mama Ayo doing what she knows best..... I pity her HEELS.....crack crack heels.
That girl can feed your entire household till 10th generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Heavance(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2017
It's funny how Lagosians don't bother to say a word about this. Those electronic hate people are actually not from Lagos, even the Yoruba's bashing their fellow Nigerians.
Check them well, they are from other Yoruba states not Lagos, I don't know why they see the Igbo's (fellow Nigerians) as an enemy, thinking because they are from other parts, they are entitled to claiming Lagos.
They fail to acknowledge the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
That girl can feed your entire household till 10th generation.
grin grin
#dreams
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:22am On Nov 21, 2017
generalbush:
Lol

If Igbo's didnt develop Lagos, then who did?

Is it our father's who keep shouting Owo da at every bustop,

Or our mothers who sell Alomo and Agbo that will develop it??

Nawa ooo ... Lol

Is it the yorubas that are doing rough & dirty jobs in southeast? Why are you so stupid?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Danladi7: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2017
koning:
I very much doubt if you are Igbo with this azz-licking and ridiculous heading. You could simply ask Igbos to invest in Igbo land without having to bring up the issue of Lagos into it.

Lagos has never been a Yoruba Land. 97% of Yorubas in lagos are immigrants just like the Igbos, Hausas, Binis and other SS peoples. It is and will always remain a cosmopolitan entity for the entire nation. Yorubas are more in Lagos because of the proximity of core Yoruba states to Lagos.

Igbos are many there because of our ubiquitous and adventurous nature.

Igbos should invest more in Igbo states. I agree. But that has nothing to do with Lagos being 'no man's land'. Stop sucking up to Yorubas. that is if you are actually Igbo.

LAGOS HAS NEVER BEEN A YORUBALAND?

YOU ARE TOO IGNORANT!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

I guess by this analysis, the European who left the Lands to colonize Africa must did so because they were poor and their land undeveloped?
Keep looking for reasons why we travel, while we target other yoruba cities to colonize! grin grin grin
coooommmmmm
comboooo breakeeeeeeer grin grin
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by femolii: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2017
meforyou1:
lagos belong to binis. a prominent lagos indigene from lagos island said so
https://www.nairaland.com/4185186/bini-original-owners-lagos-not
Shup up, ode get sense go and see aba how aba look like now very dirty is only old people u can found now in their villagies all their youths are carrying drugs up and down in india is too late for u people osus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
femolii:
Shup up, ode get sense go and see aba how aba look like now very dirty is only old people u can found now in their villagies all their youths are carrying drugs up and down in india is too late for u people osus.
[/s]

Try something else. This line is overused and stale. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=leezzz post=62575206][/quote]Aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Heavance:
It's funny how Lagosians don't bother to say a word about this. Those electronic hate people are actually not from Lagos, even the Yoruba's bashing their fellow Nigerians.
Check them well, they are from other Yoruba states not Lagos, I don't know why they see the Igbo's (fellow Nigerians) as an enemy, thinking because they are from other parts, they are entitled to claiming Lagos.
They fail to acknowledge the truth.

It is U igbos that think you're better than any tribe and hate us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Aba
lagos +ibadan=world biggest slums justsaying
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by femolii: 11:35am On Nov 21, 2017
Mayor21:
Don't say that but if they say lagos is no man 's land you will like it to be in front page. u can 't claim my land n be expecting me to keep quiet .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Arrest Three Oyo Hunters For Killing & Burning Of Fulani Huts / Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.