Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,818 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies (2357 Views)

Why Do Girls Bring Strange Pregnancies To Their Husbands? / Which Girls Do Men Prefer: Fat Girls Or Slim Girls? / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 21, 2017
Sex Education is neglected in school as it is not included in the Education Curriculum.

Almost all parents avoid this discussion with their female children.

These are the common things that parens say to their female children (which is not helping matters).

---

To female: Dont play with boys, dont let any man touch your breast and pant, you will get pregnant when a man touch your virgina, I will disown you if you get pregnant.

---

No proper sex education from mother to daughter, and the trend continues.

---

The young girl learns about sex from the outside world.

Between 10 and 15, majority experiences their first sex.

Within a year or 3, unwanted pregnancy comes in and the rest follow (like becoming a mother before 17 or aborting).

This is very common in the South-West.

To all mothers on Nairaland and to the future mothers, please do not neglect your female child(ren) when they really need you.

Indulge them in sex education. Feed them adequately with all the informations that will help them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by HeyCorleone(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2017
Methinks whoever composed this is suffering from some serious nervous breakdown. Do visit a psychiatrist.

3 Likes

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Methinks whoever composed this is suffering from some serious nervous breakdown. Do visit a psychiatrist.
When you hear a goat being called, just answer.

He-goat
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by xendra: 7:25am On Nov 21, 2017
the only person responsible is the person that impregnated them.

heck too many dumb people like you walking around with working dick is enough to have unwanted pregnancies. we control your type we control unwanted pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by sinaj(f): 7:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Why blame the mothers when they didnt arrange men to sleep with their daughters undecided
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2017
xendra:
the only person responsible is the person that impregnated them.

heck too many dumb people like you walking around with working dick is enough to have unwanted pregnancies. we control your type we control unwanted pregnancy.

Where did you left your brain?
Xo dat is why you wont sex educate your daughter?
Shame on you.
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:
Why blame the mothers when they didnt arrange men to sleep with their daughters undecided

How many mothers ever taught their daughter about sex and protection?
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by sinaj(f): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:

lol

Some parents still do. Besides this is 2017, thing like this are been taught in schl, on tv, magazines, church too.

No matter how you teach a child, you will never take away the power of Choice from them.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:

are You Listening To Yourself?...

Why Is The Child in School? So Many Children Who Were Not Taught Sex Education By their Parents Are Living A Responsible Life. Stop Calling out Mothers If You Have no Solid evidence

1 Like

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by ubunja(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2017
AGREED.
everyone knows mothers influence behaviour.no child grows up to be what the mother didnt influence her to be.
the Bible was on point when it said "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it"
no training-no foundation laid.
OP ignore the women who say u are high,women will never take responsibility for anything in this World.they are masters at shifting blame. angry angry angry smiley
i have seen gals have an abortion and then blame men for it some mental sh!t.

4 Likes

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:
lol

Some parents still do. Besides this is 2017, thing like this are been taught in schl, on tv, magazines, church too.

No matter how you teach a child, you will never take away the power of Choice from them.
So Many Children Were Not Taught Sex Education By Their parents yet They Live A Responsible Life Out There... Like You Said, "Choices" are Made By Individuals. Some People Learn From People's mistake While Others Will Never See Any Reason To Learn From Others Mistakes until They Have A Brutal Experience... The World Is Made Up Of Three Types Of People: The Wise,The Foolish, and The Confused Parasite
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:
lol

Lol

While i agree with you on one side, i think most children would be relieved to hear it through their parent's rather than all these media

Some media can send a wrong message, you know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:

My mum did with all our girls

The first time we saw our period .. she put us to one corner and let us no ... at 13 we should never ever let a man near our private parts ... told us we could get pregnant if a guy even breathes too close grin that did the trick undecided

I was so scared even as a virgin I was taking contraception grin make one guy no breathe too much give person belle !
It’s funny but it did the trick wink
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2017
Parentss maybe
Not just the mothers.... look we are in 2017 this is a country where a 24 year old can’t even say I kissed him without whispering like WTF!

So u expect the parents of this generation to sit their female daughters down and give them sex education 1.0 .... NO
Let’s just hope new parents and mothers are a bit more open minded so their kids knows A from B and can make the right choices...

I think for Nigerians it’s SOCIETY and MENTALITY

It’s like saying men are the reason the country so Fûcked up undecided which is not the case ... everyone has a hand in it

My parents travelled a lot so exposed them to various cultures so we never had this issue ... with all the exposure ... my younger sis married a virgin .. younger brothers virgins but trust and believe they are clued up and not naive getting pregnant or getting a chic pregnant Issa no no .. carreers to be made
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Alwaysking: 8:40am On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:

What kind of nonsense post is this.
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2017
Lalas247:

Parentss maybe
Not just the mothers.... look we are in 2017 this is a country where a 24 year old can’t even say I kissed him without whispering like WTF!

So u expect the parents of this generation to sit their female daughters down and give them sex education 1.0 .... NO
Let’s just hope new parents and mothers are a bit more open minded so their kids knows A from B and can make the right choices...

It’s like saying men are the reason the country so Fûcked up undecided which is not the case ... everyone has a hand in it

My parents travelled a lot so exposed them to various cultures so we never had this issue ... with all the exposure ... my younger sis married a virgin .. younger brothers virgins but trust and believe they are clued up and not naive getting pregnant or getting a chic pregnant Issa no no .. carreers to be made

Why should an adult not know about sex and its intricacies. It's caused by holier-than-thou atittude, infact, many boys and girls in their teens explore because sex isn't discussed at home and when they hear stuffs their mates tell them they want to explore and experiment it. It's a vicious cycle, but we can stop it from perpetuating itself.

For me, immediately we all clocked 23-25, i was speaking about sex like " kilode " in the house.

It was to give the ladies an atmosphere of ambiance, and freedom. It allows thoughts that roam our minds in the dark find freedom to be expressed, it alleviates the tension in the body, and helps " ladies " even more than guys relax. We should discuss sex in our homes, if parents don't brothers shoud. It helped the ladies around me back then into marriage ( both visiting friends and family ).

We should talk about sex in the home,once we feel the time is right ! Infact, we should ask females come, why don't you have guys asking you out, what is happening once they reach an age of maturity we feel they can handle it.

My own take sha !
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Alwaysking: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2017
Lalas247:

My mum did with all our girls

The first time we saw our period .. she put us to one corner and let us no ... at 13 we should never ever let a man near our private parts ... told us we could get pregnant if a guy even breathes too close grin that did the trick undecided

I was so scared even as a virgin I was taking contraception grin make one guy no breathe too much give person belle !
It’s funny but it did the trick wink

I guess you are no longer a virgin, someone has already visited that sambisa forest. grin
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2017
Alwaysking:
I guess you are no longer a virgin, someone has already visited that sambisa forest. grin
Lol na that wan u go see grin come n check it for me na oniranu grin

Ps it’s not a forest ... I wax grin

1 Like

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Victornezzar: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2017
Lalas247:

Parentss maybe

hello do u av any junior sister
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by TEAMvido(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2017
any body is free to do as they like .....
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Alwaysking: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2017
Lalas247:

Lol na that wan u go see grin come n check it for me na oniranu grin

Ps it’s not a forest ... I wax grin
Lol lemme come and check it out maybe you are saying the truth cheesycheesy
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2017
Alwaysking:
U wan blind, abi
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Alwaysking: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:
U wan blind, abi
I can't go blind, my eyes are made of titanium. grin
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Victornezzar:

hello do u av any junior sister
Yes two smiley
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Alwaysking:
Kikiki u go blind grin
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by makydebbie(f): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
You people are not getting the op, he made a very valid point. I'll be back to modify.

*Modified*

On Friday, I was opportune to speak with the female students in my school, on sex education. That was when I even realized most of them don't know what "menstruation" is. I was surprised! Like mothers, what do you do with your female children during your spare time? Tell them the usual stale story that, "if a guy touches you, you'll get pregnant immediately"? Or you think school will teach everything about sex education? Based on experience, I stand with the op. Your child should know how her body works. Don't sugarcoat anything or use unnecessary euphemism.

When a child who has not been taught on sex education, watches a sex scene, he sees a new thing that he hasn't been told before, and kids especially teenagers are damn curious! He/she hear them moan and it seems they're enjoying what they're doing and so your child would wanna experience it too! If that child knew what sex was, and knowing the conquences on premarital sex, he would've known what's up and probably be uninterested. But since you didn't tell him/her anything, but "when a guy touches you, you'll be pregnant", she'll find out herself and what you've been avoiding will definitely happen.
I'm not saying it's the mother's fault, it's also the father's, it goes both ways. Parents should teach their kids about sex.

There's so much to talk about including the peer pressure, but break is over. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Lalas247(f): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

Why should an adult not know about sex and its intricacies. It's caused by holier-than-thou atittude, infact, many boys and girls in their teens explore because sex isn't discussed at home and when they hear stuffs their mates tell them they want to explore and experiment it. It's a vicious cycle, but we can stop it from perpetuating itself.

For me, immediately we all clocked 23-25, i was speaking about sex like " kilode " in the house.

It was to give the ladies an atmosphere of ambiance, and freedom. It allows thoughts that roam our minds in the dark find freedom to be expressed, it alleviates the tension in the body, and helps " ladies " even more than guys relax. We should discuss sex in our homes, if parents don't brothers shoud. It helped the ladies around me back then into marriage ( both visiting friends and family ).

We should talk about sex in the home,once we feel the time is right ! Infact, we should ask females come, why don't you have guys asking you out, what is happening once they reach an age of maturity we feel they can handle it.

My own take sha !

Ahhh there are some homes even at that age you can’t just stroll in with a guy or chic .... trust me a lot of people here can confirm....
Even at sec school to tell your mum you are going to beach party is hard why “you can even get slapped for thinking you can go “
I’m telling you even the few ladies yo7 see here talking about sex anyhow .. can’t do such with their peers or at home ... my sis that is married still whispering when she talks about it .... I’m like whose there with you ..”no one “ then I ask why she whispering said her neighbours can hear .... I’m like na wa o ... grin but she’s always been shy sha
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lalas247:

Ahhh there are some homes even at that age you can’t just stroll in with a guy or chic .... trust me a lot of people here can confirm....
Even at sec school to tell your mum you are going to beach party is hard why “you can even get slapped for thinking you can go “
I’m telling you even the few ladies yo7 see here talking about sex anyhow .. can’t do such with their peers or at home ... my sis that is married still whispering when she talks about it .... I’m like whose there with you ..”no one “ then I ask why she whispering said her neighbours can hear .... I’m like na wa o ... grin but she’s always been shy sha

I love everything you've said asides from " you can’t just stroll in with a guy or chic"

Hope when we start making babies, this won't be a norm with the kids.Anyway, i'm going to have a revolver or an M16 somewhere around sha. No problem
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:
Sex Education is neglected in school as it is not included in the Education Curriculum.

Almost all parents avoid this discussion with their female children.

These are the common things that parens say to their female children (which is not helping matters).

---

To female: Dont play with boys, dont let any man touch your breast and pant, you will get pregnant when a man touch your virgina, I will disown you if you get pregnant.

---

No proper sex education from mother to daughter, and the trend continues.

---

The young girl learns about sex from the outside world.

Between 10 and 15, majority experiences their first sex.

Within a year or 3, unwanted pregnancy comes in and the rest follow (like becoming a mother before 17 or aborting).

This is very common in the South-West.

To all mothers on Nairaland and to the future mothers, please do not neglect your female child(ren) when they really need you.

Indulge them in sex education. Feed them adequately with all the informations that will help them.
Fathers should also be blamed for boys who impregnate girls out of wedlock

1 Like

Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by HeyCorleone(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
So a girl of 18 gets pregnant, and you blame the mother?
And we're surprised the black race is so backward.
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
its both ways, both parents are responsible for it just dat wives often tends to pamper d girl child/male child to spoil. my neighbour will go to bathroom to make a call out to her ss2 daughter dat daddy is home, helping her frame a lie. I told my wife, u can't keep exposing your ass in dis compound cos d lil 8 year old daughter is learning fast, but we end up quarelling n d semi-nudity continues
Re: Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
I guess you wanna ruin this thread with your baseless assumption. huh?
What in hell do you mean by " very common in SW"?. It is very common every fuçking where, not only in SW.
This topic is good enough for a broader discuss without given to tribal colouration. You'd better edit that shit.

#NoBitchAttitude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hungerbad Came To My House Today... / Hmm.... I'm Tired Of How Life Is Torturing Me! / 2 Feminists Mock Men On Twitter. Also Advising Women To Cheat On Their Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.