Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) (45063 Views)

More Drama! Gifty Slides Into Mr 2kay's Label Mate's DM To Attack Him / “I Don’t Know Who Mr 2kay Is” - Gifty / Mr 2kay: I Made Gifty, I Opened Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by LuvU2: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Jadmchris:
Murder English wink
Lol
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Maximus85(m): 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
NaijaCelebrity:
The police have paraded Burnaboy's manager alongside the other men allegedly involved in robbing Mr 2Kay at Eko Hotels. Burna Boy is also wanted for his alleged involvement in the attack.

Acting Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal yesterday said investigations conducted and confessions from some of the suspects arrested showed that Burna Boy contracted them to teach 2Kay a lesson.

Abiye was attacked by four armed men inside his room 847, at Eko Hotels, Victoria Island on October 22. The singer, who was beaten and tied up by the armed men, allegedly lost his Audemais Piquet (AP), automatic gold wristwatch worth $25,000, gold jewellery valued at N1.5million, mobile phones, a pair of Adidas shoes, cash and perfumes to the thieves who posed as hotel workers.

The suspects are Balogun Ademola, 23, Obinna Igwe, 20 and Omotore Tunmise, 27.

Ademola and Igwe are said to be students of the University of Lagos. Tunmise is an artisan.

“The gang confessed that Burna Boy, through his road manager, Joel Kantiock, paid them to rob Abiye, according to them, to teach the victim a lesson. Kantiock confessed that his boss Ogiulu instructed him to look for armed men that can rob Abiye to teach him a lesson.
He mobilised the gang with an initial cash sum of N50,000 and a subsequent N50,000 when the job was completed.”
Kantiock however, denied knowing any of the suspects. But the gang leader, Omotore, said Kantiock invited him to deal with Mr. 2Kay on the orders of his boss.

He said,

“Kantiock called me on the telephone and said Mr. 2Kay had to be beaten up. He said Mr. 2Kay had issues with Burna Boy. On getting to the hotel, he gave me the room number where Mr. 2Kay was.
He led me and three others, including one Sunny, to the elevator and told a security man to open the elevator for us. We posed as room service officials, entered his room and beat him up. We tied him up and collected his phones, a wristwatch and some other things. I was paid N50,000.”
According to Igwe:

“Omotore contacted me. He said Burna Boy told his road manager that he was having a misunderstanding with Mr. 2Kay.”

http://edition.soundoro.com/photo-police-parade-burnaboys-manager-students-hired-rob-mr-2kay/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0cK0mC2OIU

Any criminal should be sent to jail. Fortunately, this one is not as rich as the last one. Lets see what happens.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by HomeOfMe(f): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
slyrone:
later burna boy for say dem nor appreciate him talent for naija. #typical. all these celebrities life nor hungry me at all
"CELEBRITY" is an empty shallow game- overrated.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by chronique(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Only God knows the kind of OT wey dem dey give some of these guys. You bam egede, come dey for spotlight, you no fit give yourself brain to change your doings? Even if you want pull hit, why Eko hotel of all places? You nor know say if things cast, them go track you? Now wey you done carry confra for head, go cast yourself and ruin your career, who you come do now?

3 Likes

Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by pahen1991: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
mandem
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Vacora(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Burna boy greatest challenge is the manager's confession. No lawyer can tell say the confession was coerced because fone records and text messages are there to back the confession. MTN only need to be subpoenaed by the court to provide all the voice records of the conversations.

The police are going bring in a language expert from Unilag to interpret the text Burna boy sent.

Too many evidence against Burna

No case is ever open and shut. A lawyer worth their salt will find weaknesses in this case.

The police have to build a solid case to take it to court.

How was the confession obtained? If it was under durress or coerced under torture, it will be inadmissible in court.

Language expert for wetin? The text is in plain English and except they were speaking Dothraki or Klingon, a language expert is irrelevant.

The text has to be understood in context to the message. At the moment if that is all the police have, then they are on a long ting grin

Phone records are not that easy to obtain trust me and a judge will need to look at the police case then decide.
It should be for more serious offences such as murder sha. Too many hurdles to jump and it is a bureaucratic nightmare.

Anyway we are talking of Nigeria where anything goes.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by litaninja(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
lmao. 2Kay had jewelry work one million naira? lmaoooo
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
burna goat burna weed smoker should be locked away!!! so when he comes out!! he would have another version of that song! enemies multiplying!! idiot na role model be this!! grin grin
NaijaCelebrity:
The police have paraded Burnaboy's manager alongside the other men allegedly involved in robbing Mr 2Kay at Eko Hotels. Burna Boy is also wanted for his alleged involvement in the attack.

Acting Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal yesterday said investigations conducted and confessions from some of the suspects arrested showed that Burna Boy contracted them to teach 2Kay a lesson.

Abiye was attacked by four armed men inside his room 847, at Eko Hotels, Victoria Island on October 22. The singer, who was beaten and tied up by the armed men, allegedly lost his Audemais Piquet (AP), automatic gold wristwatch worth $25,000, gold jewellery valued at N1.5million, mobile phones, a pair of Adidas shoes, cash and perfumes to the thieves who posed as hotel workers.

Ademola and Igwe are said to be students of the University of Lagos. Tunmise is an artisan.

“The gang confessed that Burna Boy, through his road manager, Joel Kantiock, paid them to rob Abiye, according to them, to teach the victim a lesson. Kantiock confessed that his boss Ogiulu instructed him to look for armed men that can rob Abiye to teach him a lesson.
He mobilised the gang with an initial cash sum of N50,000 and a subsequent N50,000 when the job was completed.”
Kantiock however, denied knowing any of the suspects. But the gang leader, Omotore, said Kantiock invited him to deal with Mr. 2Kay on the orders of his boss.

He said,

“Kantiock called me on the telephone and said Mr. 2Kay had to be beaten up. He said Mr. 2Kay had issues with Burna Boy. On getting to the hotel, he gave me the room number where Mr. 2Kay was.
He led me and three others, including one Sunny, to the elevator and told a security man to open the elevator for us. We posed as room service officials, entered his room and beat him up. We tied him up and collected his phones, a wristwatch and some other things. I was paid N50,000.”
According to Igwe:

“Omotore contacted me. He said Burna Boy told his road manager that he was having a misunderstanding with Mr. 2Kay.”

http://edition.soundoro.com/photo-police-parade-burnaboys-manager-students-hired-rob-mr-2kay/

Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

At what point do we get to blame the applicants for not filling out their application as indicated?

At what point do we blame those who smirk at such opportunities only to turn around and accuse "highly placed people"?[/b]

They are looking for a boat to Spain.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
please let him serve his time oooo no bribery at all. afterall tupac and others wre not above the law, T.I the names endless!! touts i dislike the idiot!!
skillzahblog:
Burna Boy wanted by Lagos State police see video

Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by slyrone(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
Firstcitizen:

Na poverty life come dey hungry you abi. cheesy
na only celebrities get money?
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
chronique:
Only God knows the kind of OT wey dem dey give some of these guys. You bam egede, come dey for spotlight, you no fit give yourself brain to change your doings? Even if you want pull hit, why Eko hotel of all places? You nor know say if things cast, them go track you? Now wey you done carry confra for head, go cast yourself and ruin your career, who you come do now?

Your head dey dia jare. Burnaboy na confirm Obote. OT no gum am well.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by sinaj(f): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Armed robbery carries a death sentence in Nigeria, wetin the victim is killed or not. Burna boy is finished, he is looking at minimum of 20years imprisonment.
Burna wnt evn see 5yrs let alone 20yrs.

No be naija we dey again undecided

Its evn his scape goat dat will suffer it.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Firstcitizen: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
slyrone:
na only celebrities get money?

but em' em'............ if you get money na automatic celebrity status nau grin grin grin
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by sinaj(f): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Case closed nah... issa murder ...... The dead cannot fight for justice (personally).....
I pity d guys he used sha. They will b d one to suffer it coz Burna will deny them.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by sinaj(f): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
ivolt:

Burna is unlucky, I think he hired them to beat Mr 2kay which is wrong and
not to rob him but their greed took over.
He will have to pay for them.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Too bad Burna Boy is still a kid who can't see himself as a positive role model.

Sad.

Also, Mr. 2Kay $25,000 and #1.5m? Wow. Is it just me or do people just inflate the value of what was lost to get compensation of some sort?
I don't get it. Lol
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by nefertitiram: 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Vacora:

A good lawyer will use the police allegation to wipe his or her ass in court.

As far we know now, all this is ‘hearsay’ evidence against Burna. There is also an alleged confession which most likely was obtained under durress or torture, a court can render such evidence inadmissible or what we call fruit from the poisioned tree.
The police have a conspiracy or a joint enterprise which involves Burna, they will need to show his involvement.
The police need to show he facilitated the crime. A text message telling the victim to show the same energy next time they meet is circumstantial. Could have meant he wanted the Mr 2kay to hit the weights with energy next time at the gym or to dance energetically next time at the club. The purported text is not an offence and the threat is not explicit or immediate for threat to kill or malicious communications grin

Just my opinion

Chai. See Defense Attorney exraordinaire! You go law school true true
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Vacora(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
nefertitiram:

Chai. See Defense Attorney exraordinaire! You go law school true true

I wish grin I am but a lay man and no be movies I dey take learn the things o?
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:
Burna don buy market o! shocked
What if the robbers had killed 2kay
I need to buy ya market.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
sinaj:
I pity d guys he used sha. They will b d one to suffer it coz Burna will deny them.

They should have used their uncommonsense.......
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Alexis0147(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Aye Axxe Meen grin

Bam lord cheesy
The Manager na 17
Mono X my padi... wish you best of luck
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by weezweezweez(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
NaijaCelebrity:

He said,

According to Igwe:

and they'll say "youths are the future of Nigeria" ...... issokay

Burna boy that was a suspect and arrested for murder in d UK, he's now an ambassador in Nigeria....
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by elevy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Now I know y he(Burna) said ' i'm not a role model to any body'.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by sylve11: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
adisabarber:

Are these not contradictory statements?

Anyway, I hope the robbers issued a receipt when they got paid because if not, they are going down alone. Burna will get a good lawyer and walk free.

na so. cool
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by jacyhelen(f): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Aye Axxe Meen grin

Bam lord cheesy

keggite sweet pass...Days be long to all karid in this Placement P...This is the voice of Okpe Jacy!!!!!
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by newoffer: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
skill less artist. singing according to the tunes of ignore inspiration
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by cococandy(f): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lol even if the watch is fake, this guy will claim it’s the authentic one worth $15,000. grin

Good for Burna Boy. stupid boy. Marijuana has made him lose his senses. I hope they make him pay back all the money.
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
Were they armed? If yes then am sorry for them
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
IwantToShashe:

Calm down ....Nothing dey sup
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
IwantToShashe:

Calm down ....Nothing dey sup
Re: Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) by bionixs: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Aye Axxe Meen grin
Bam lord cheesy
and where is the IDIOT burnabumboy that sent them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pretty Mike Poses With His Flower Girls (Photo) / Ayra Starr’s Childhood Dance Video Emerges On Her 21st Birthday, She Reacts / Temi Otedola Celebrates Christmas With Her Family (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.