Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? (15220 Views)

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! / Does Having Big Phone Screen Affect The Use Of Data? / How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by ogbiwa: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sometimes it doesn't always mean lack of interest, it could also mean the person using monosyllabic replies has run out of ideas on what to say
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by olujastro: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Even as the K annoys me, the kk annoys me far more because it totally defies logic.
I thought the essence of K as used by lazy writers was to shorten OK. Then why spend same time typing kk when you can equally type the right word OK?
It's really annoying that even with recent keyboards which make typing in full much easier, lazy writers have refused to change.
As for Nigerian girls who initiate conversations and think it's your duty to keep it going, I just end it after my last reply or I confront them one day and tell them to only chat me up when they have regained their gisting creativity. Because it's not my duty to keep your conversation going even though I'm good at it.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by batista181(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
undecided kissI hate that response with passion K ur fada undecidedI hate that response with passion K ur fada
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Undertaker001: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
'k' de pain me o...
but even more worse some girls go type reach 4..'kkkk"..when okay itself na 4 letter words..

if you like be rihanna..our chat go just end

1 Like

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

Exactly, I don't have much problems with k, Lol, Lolz and rest of them monosyllables, but when she fails to add a rejoinder, that chat for that day is dead and buried
Exactly. People make a fuss over inconsequential issues, and I don't get. Personally, I conscious don't type in abbreviations 'cause by the time you know it, you may type "Issa" as some unserious people do while typing as "It's a" on an official document. Which ever manner someone responds to your chat should tell of the person's mood, and if I notice the receiver is busy or uninterested, I stop chatting. It's not by force to be engaged in a conversation.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
dingbang:
advance in learning. Don't rely on your limited knowledge. It won't help you
You're the one whose knowledge is limited. And for a graduate, I'm ashamed of exchanging words with you.

Okay, Ok, K...All mean the same thing. Like I stated before that "Okay" means 'Agreement' to whatever was stated. Mind you, I said that without opening a dictionary or a Google dictionary for help but you that did clearly can't reason beyond your nose. Need I remind you that dictionaries are updated once in a while with newer words and all acronyms aren't found in dictionaries so whether it's in your dictionary or not doesn't mean it's not an acronym. Bye!.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by dingbang(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Benita27:
You're the one whose knowledge is limited. And for a graduate, I'm ashamed of exchanging words with you.

Okay, Ok, K...All mean the same thing. Like I stated before that "Okay" means 'Agreement' to whatever was stated. Mind you, I said that without opening a dictionary or a Google dictionary for help but you that did clearly can't reason beyond your nose. Need I remind you that dictionaries are updated once in a while with newer words and all acronyms aren't found in dictionaries so whether it's in your dictionary or not doesn't mean it's not an acronym. Bye!.
like seriously? Really.. You seem too strong headed to take correction.. And then you use extreme words to insult people.. Its all good.. I leave you to bask in your ignorance. With this character I am not sure you can pass IELTS or TOEFL

2 Likes

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
dingbang:
like seriously? Really.. You seem too strong headed to take correction.. And then you use extreme words to insult people.. Its all good.. I leave you to bask in your ignorance. With this character I am not sure you can pass IELTS or TOEFL
LMAO. I'm not writing an international examination so save me of your IELTS, SAT or TOEFL. How many of these have you written, and could you even pass 80% in IELTS?.

Those of you screaming that you dislike "K" are the ones who bug people with irrelevant conversations and when they "K" you you pick offence. SMH.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by dingbang(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Benita27:
LMAO. I'm not writing an international examination so save me of your IELTS, SAT or TOEFL. How many of these have you written, and could you even pass 80% in IELTS?.

Those of you screaming that you dislike "K" are the ones who bug people with irrelevant conversations and when they "K" you you pick offence. SMH.
smiles. I pity you dearly.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
dingbang:
smiles. I pity you dearly.
Pity yourself, dearly.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Sike(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Some people will even went as far as double the k, like KK. WTF!
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Undertaker001: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Benita27:

your skull is filled with air

3 Likes

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Artorius(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
You're even waiting for three times? I don't even chat with people who use shorthand. Like I always tell such people, if I'm going to type the normal way for you, that gesture should be reciprocated. And for those who chat shorthand, such as; k, u, sumtin, e.t.c..
I hope the time they would've used to type correctly, made a change in their lives.

Do you think it's okay to write 'OK'? wink
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by openmine(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
Divay22:

Hmm
For a girl to reply you with all this one line and not up to 10 words, means she's not interested..
But let's not blame the female folks alone, some guys are capable of doing this and again if you ain't in the mood to chat it's better you say it or just ignore the message.
But from the conversation,its obvious the lady/girl instead of HI said I
Come on that's to bad nah
why lead me into a conversation when you ain't ready for one?
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Divay22(f): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
openmine:

But from the conversation,its obvious the lady/girl instead of HI said I
Come on that's to bad nah
why lead me into a conversation when you ain't ready for one?
Maybe she fell of out chat line in the process grin grin grin
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by openmine(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
Forwarded as Received

IT'S REALLY SAD, PLEASE READ WHAT HE WROTE ON HIS EXIT. ��

President Robert Mugabe appealing to black Zimbabwean citizens.....

You Will Appreciate Me More When I Am Gone
My fellow Zimbabweans, I am writing this letter and hope that all of you will read it and share it.
My days on this earth are numbered, But I know that once I am gone, You and your children will never forget about me.
I want you to understand that the reason I have stayed long in power, 36 years on, Is because I want to empower all of you my fellow black Zimbabweans, No other president in the entire continent of Africa has done what I have done for you, But you continue to take me for granted.
Do you know that in the whole of Africa, Zimbabweans are the only blacks who own their land? We are the only blacks who own and run means of production, We own our own companies and our own land, That is the true meaning of independence. Political and economic independence. I have fought tooth and nail my entire political life to ensure that all of you have both political and economic independence, I don’t hate white people, No, Not at all. What I hate is their thinking that they are better than us, That they can just come to our country and take our resources and our land, And tell us what to do, To that I say no, Today, I am happy that almost all the land is in black hands.
It's up to you to use the education I gave you to develop the land so it is productive so you can feed yourself, One thing I am proud of is that I worked hard to ensure our natural resources and our land was given back to its rightful OWNERS: You the black people of Zimbabwe.
Go to other countries in Africa, Right here just across Limpopo, In South Africa, Mandela sold out and gave all the land and economy to the whites, The blacks in South Africa will be slaves to white South Africans forever, As long as land is not in the hands of its rightful owners, The Africans, The black man will continue to suffer in his own land.
The real wealth is now in your hands, I wrestled it away from the white people who came to steal it from you, Yes, The world was angry at me and punished the whole country with sanctions, But I don’t care because I know I was doing the right thing, I was empowering my people, You should take care of the land and the industries I have given you.

I did my part, The ball is now in your court, Do your part, You will remember me and appreciate me for what I have done for you when I am gone....

Your president and leader of Africa for Africans!

Robert Gabriel Mugabe!!
hmmm....Interesting!
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by openmine(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Divay22:

Maybe she fell of out chat line in the process grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by tintingz(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

One chick who is still an acquaintance now doesn't use k, but she's fond of replying ''Lolz'' to any funny thing I say during the chat without adding a follow up, and once I see that, I don't bother with the chat for that day again

I so hate it when girls lack Basic creativity During chats,

If she's going to Lolz me, then I expect her to add a rejoinder to it to keep the chat alive and interesting
My brother the thing tire me sef.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by dacanv(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
Yes and sometimes , laziness
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Maximus85(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
It's the most wicked thing to do. People who reply with K are killers, heartless. They hate you. You're only forcing yourself on them. The only reason they are still close to you is just because of what they are getting from you. You irritate and annoys them.

If you are chatting with someone and they reply with K..... Delete the person's contact on your phone.

1 Like

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by makydebbie(f): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
Artorius:

Do you think it's okay to write 'OK'? wink
Manageable. sad
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Once you reply my "what's good?" or "how'd your day go?" With "5n". I already have that hint that you'd be one silly-birdbrain-buzz kill.

I quarrelled with one not too long ago because of her excess " lolz" , "k", " nvm" and "wateva". I told her not to chat me up ever again if she has nothing meaningful to gist me.

Her k,kk or hmmm, no dey vex me, na that "wateva" or "nvm" dey pain me reach my spine.

Sometimes, it isn't lack of interest, it's just a state of low-level reasoning when chatting, just as my colleague stated earlier.

My colleague (who is a guy) still chats in such manner. I so hate it when guys use that k on me. I feel like they are sissies or faggotz
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Respect55(m): 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
mediocre:
If K is shorthand, then Lol is shorthand.. And I'm pretty sure you don't type that in full..
How can u say ur name is MEDIOCRE?
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Respect55(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Amarabae:
It depends on what led to the OK.
"k" can be used as a sign of agreement to something during chat.
You are a suspect
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by makydebbie(f): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

It's heartwarming to know that someone else also types in full, I thought I'm the only one.

Typing in full with my touch pal keyboard and it's prediction switched on makes chatting a worthwhile experience, and it has greatly improved my typing speed (I'm yet to see any faster than me in typing with phone) as well as my spelling accuracy
Really dear, I can't cope. What's the fun when I'm going to fry my brain for every sentence you make? Because of this issue sef I don't chat with my cousin.
Imagine having a long day at work, and I come to meet; "xup Debbie ow waz ur dae?" I'll just ignore the chat and face better people jare. grin
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by makydebbie(f): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
SmartyPants:

Come on, why do you have to be so uptight?

It's okay if you want to type the proper way but chatting is informal--something people do to unwind so need to go all head-mistressy on a person just coz they type in a certain way.

Life is not that serious.
Oh well sweetheart, people say I'm uptight, I agree. But this one is way out of the line.
Imagine me coming back from work, I pick my phone because I want to "unwind" and I get something like; "xup Debbie ow waz ur dae? I nid 2 ask u sum questions. Fil free 2 buzz me wen ur bak."

How is that conversation good for unwinding? When I've to fry my brain for every statement the second party makes? It's a turn off really, I'll get bored and never chat you up.

1 Like

Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Stormyharper(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Teejayfamo:
I've actually got a friend making research to confirm if the use of 'k' in convos truly signifies lack of interest in the convo.
She strongly believes the use of 'k's is viewed as offensive irrespective of the gender of the user. I shared my views that the current trend of complaints on use of 'k' is from girls who feel that the precious attention they give should get a better than a 'k'(I sure know my views were biased grin wink cheesy). For me, I see no reason why a person that uses short forms like 'lol','btw','tho' should complain about the use of 'k' since it saves typing time (laziness factor) .
I'd love to know your thoughts on this.

Stopped talking to naija girl cause of the use of K. It us rude imo.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Respect55(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Haha nawa talk about assumptions of life the person is just to lazy to say ok that’s all I used to bother myself till I realized why not put on your bathing suit and dive into their head

Lmao if you like say k cu Kaduna Kosoko my own be say I dey follow you yan na my choice I not fit come dey imagine wetin you dey say or do nw extra work o you go wound
A these guys hiding under female moniker
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by SmartyPants(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Oh well sweetheart, people say I'm uptight, I agree. But this one is way out of the line.
Imagine me coming back from work, I pick my phone because I want to "unwind" and I get something like; "xup Debbie ow waz ur dae? I nid 2 ask u sum questions. Fil free 2 buzz me wen ur bak."

How is that conversation good for unwinding? When I've to fry my brain for every statement the second party makes? It's a turn off really, I'll get bored and never chat you up.

Yea honestly that level of abbreviation/laziness would probably be irritating. It does make the person typing in that way seem childish or unintelligent.

If this is what you are referring to, please feel free to ignore them by all means lol.
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Respect55:

A these guys hiding under female moniker

Its fine if you think I’m a guy it’s your business but google will help you clarify I don’t have time to impersonate anyone people like me only come one once in a lifetime

Nice moniker you could use some for yourself and others
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by makydebbie(f): 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
SmartyPants:

Yea honestly that level of abbreviation/laziness would probably be irritating. It does make the person typing in that way seem childish or unintelligent.

If this is what you are referring to, please feel free to ignore them by all means lol.

Honestly, it'll just drain the little strength you've left. Now that I've your approval, it's too block them finish. grin
Re: Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? by SmartyPants(m): 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Honestly, it'll just drain the little strength you've left. Now that I've your approval, it's too block them finish. grin

grin

Block them without mercy my sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online / How To Add Naira (₦) To Your Conversation On iPhone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.