Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? (4092 Views)

'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife / Pains Of A Full Time House Wife. / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by elizabetta(f): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2008
I can never be a full house wife even if my man is rich,what if he changes tomorrow.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by stalker(f): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2008
pple would always quote the people out of context to support their own opinions. Bia @ Lady, the virtous woman u quoted makes linen and sells it. She supplies the merchants with sashes (Prov 31:24). This suggest she works either as a business woman. She is not idle (planning children parties). She supplements her husband's income. So whether she is a business woman who works from her house or a corporate woman, the basic thing is she works
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by MsSophista(f): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
stalker:

pple would always quote the people out of context to support their own opinions. Bia @ Lady, the virtous woman u quoted makes linen and sells it. She supplies the merchants with sashes (Prov 31:24). This suggest she works either as a business woman. She is not idle (planning children parties). She supplements her husband's income. So whether she is a business woman who works from her house or a corporate woman, the basic thing is she works

@stalker:
You are so right!
@OP:
I was a housewife who helped my husband run our business from home. I homeschooled our children and they attained high scores on the standardized knowledge and skills test. It's a BIG but rewarding job! As a matter of fact, I find it easier to be employed from 8-5. It's a privilege to be able to instill your values into your child, instead of sending them off to an "unknown planter"--who may contradict and not reinforce your family and/or godly values. smiley
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by DBestDoc(f): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
Sometimes i can't imagine how some ladies cope being financially dependent on some1.
Damn,i surely will be bored and unhappy,no matter how much u give me.I'll feel USELESS.

REM.no one knows tomorrow.Work with thine own hands no matter how little u earn.U must not depend on ur hubby 100% 4 everything.U should be able to contribute to somethings without asking him for money to do so.
(btw wont you give your parents money?Will u wait 4 him to give u b4 u can give them?)
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by 702: 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2011
i wont even encourage that. in as much as the man is the provider of the fam, the wife should be supportive! The one sided financial burden wud be out and even the kids will learn 2b productive as they grow up. Can't marry a woman that aint versatile! for the house hold chores we share it 2gada, like 1 wash d dishes she dries 'em up.
Full time house wives are mostly naggin type and that seriously irritates!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by MsSophista(f): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
I think every situation is different. It was good for me because we depended on each other. I handled the finances and he didn't begrudge or distrust me in spending the money. I never felt useless because we ran a profitable business that wouldn't have been so with each other. On the contrary, I felt empowered because I was helping my our family produce more money than we would have made working for some other business owner. Who spends his leisure playing golf and takes his family on nice vacations, while he has those other folks make the money for him. wink
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by mutter(f): 1:22am On Jun 04, 2011
Being a full time house- wife is something every woman should do. There is nothing as fulfilling as concentrating on your family and kids especially when there is a baby in the house.
However the major issue is - for what duration?
As long as the woman can cope, then she can get back on her feet and get occupied. I personally need to have some money of my own that I do not have to account for and that I can give out without feeling bad about it. Besides job gives you sense of fulfilment and contact with the outside work.
My work colleagues always found it funny when I told them that work was for me time out from the kids and more like a break from work. grin
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Blazay(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
Over my dead barrry! kiss
Let him be a full-time house-husband first!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by True2myself24(f): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2012
Then what was the point of earning a degree?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by DaDewdropsNVS: 3:27am On Jan 29, 2013
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . to a NIGERIAN MAN? shocked
May my AGNOSTIC GAAAD FORBID SUCH EVIL! grin

I'd rather DIE and be swallowed by vultures!!!! cry
MY MAMA WAS NOT A HOUSEWIFE. . . NONE OF MY AUNTS WERE. . .
We don't have such 'bushmeats' in my family lineage o!
Tufiakwa!

I'd rather pay 'child-support'! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selling This Beauty, Take a peep! / Did He Do The Right Thing By Keeping QUIET? / Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.