Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination (4826 Views)

What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / VP Osinbajo Gives Ministerial Nomination Criterias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by otawa: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2010
Its done to spite turai cos they're NOT in good terms with the guy, and the rest of SHEHU's immidiate family, look this politicians know more than we know that's sometimes we'll be asking how on earth will they take some decisions.

And you think this is a good sign from 'Acting President' that wants to better the life of ordinary people on the street??

Nigeria should now suffer further because he wants to spite Turai??
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by TewMuch: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
Good move by uncle Jo, as long as the guy can perform i do not have any problem with him. Uncle Jo is compensating the family for their loss, and at the same time preventing competition should he run as a candidate.lol, hes a smart man. This is the same thing Obama did when he got appointed. All his potential competitors for presidency on the democratic side were appointed into positions in his administration. Uncle Jo is smarter than people think actually. Its up to Mr. Murtala to also redeem his family name and do an outstanding job. Am sure Uncle Jo didnt just pick anyone from the Yaradua family, cause they must have many sons that are eligible. I trust he has some knowledge on this guys ability, so let us give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he can perform and execute. undecided
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by PurestBoy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hope Uncle Joe has not been sleeping-with Turai lately shocked
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by afanda(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ Igboboy u sef fall my hand. U shud nt luk at dis tin as a north n south gunnin 4 power. lyk sum1 ritely said dnt alwayz bliv wat u read in d media. Fact is until we stop dis "prebendalism" our generation will also fail d ones comin after us. Kip a positive mind bro; NO 2 RELIGIOUS N ETHNIC HATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets put our hands 2geda coz Naija na 4 us. 1 Luv Broda no matter wat cool
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by JoeGaruba: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
More of a tactical appointment than any other reason. Divide the camp of the enemy or widen the rift between them.

This is why Turai and co should have united the family when they rode on Sheu's name to power and then fashied them,

Pay back is a female dog in heat ! grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Eaglebabe: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
What makes this a story?
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
Mallam Murtala Yar’Adua is the eldest son of Shehu Yar’Adua. He attended Southeastern University, London, England from 1994-1997 and holds a B.Sc. Degree in Business Management and an MBA Degree in Financial Management.

Presently he serves as Director of Intel Services Ltd, Port Harcourt; Hamada Holdings Nigeria Ltd, Kaduna; Nation House Press, Kaduna. He also serves as a member of the Board Directors of Platinum Habib Nigeria Bank, Plc. Mallam Murtala was turbaned Tafidan Katsina in 2002, a traditional title he inherited from his late father.

http://www.yaraduacentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=52

Not saying the guy is competent, just sharing available info on him.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by sulad82i(m): 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2010
beystwin:

Funny you should say that, the Yar'aduas are the Kennedys of Naija.  cheesy

you are damn right.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by yeswecan(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
I still can't pinpoint the difference between Jonathan and his boss
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by alldone(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2010
a call to serve father land no sentiment
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by lawyer(m): 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2010
May be he has been silently drafted in to take over Yaradua's Presidency in 2011 to represent the second term and still keep it in the Yaradua Clan! Who Knows anything can happen in Naija! undecided
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by location(m): 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
all i need from them is good governance. i.e good road and electricity, adequate health care system and quality infrastructural development e.t.c e.t.c
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by soldee: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2010
Story, story---------, Once upon a naija time,

Both OBJ & Shehu Yar'Adua always wanted to be President and Obj made a pact when he handed over to Shagari that he would help Shehu achieve his dream. Fast forward, both were imprisoned, Shehu died, Obj made it, but Obj did not forget his promise to his childhood friend Shehu. Fast forward 2007, Obj handed over to Umaru to fulfil his promise to the Yar'Adua clan, taking a chance on Umaru's illness. What he did not anticipate was General Turai's coup on the Yar'Adua clan. Not only was she not the wife in the picture when Obj and Shehu made their deal, she also completely hijacked the presidency, like play-like play, and she created her own 'clan' (better known as Cabal).

Enter Goodluck, Obj's back in the drivers seat! Post Third term strategy 1 failed, so what? Enter strategy 2, time to get it right. Give the real Yar'Adua family the slot - but how?

Enter Murtala Yar'Adua. Draft him as Ministerial nominee. Turai sends delegation to beg him to say no! Jonathan needs a game plan to checkmate a worst-case scenario if Umaru wakes up - Oga, I still dey loyal! To secure his yes, offer him FCT Minister, so he's automatically Governor without need for election.

Enter 2011, Presidency's zoned to the North, AND Yar'Adua is yet to complete his second term. Haba, but the whole game plan was to favour Shehu na,

Enter Murtala Yar'Adua for President!  Baba returns as PDP Life Chairman, yes ke cool

I LOVE conspiracy theories.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Avenir(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
soldee:

Story, story---------, Once upon a naija time,

Both OBJ & Shehu Yar'Adua always wanted to be President and Obj made a pact when he handed over to Shagari that he would help Shehu achieve his dream. Fast forward, both were imprisoned, Shehu died, Obj made it, but Obj did not forget his promise to his childhood friend Shehu. Fast forward 2007, Obj handed over to Umaru to fulfil his promise to the Yar'Adua clan, taking a chance on Umaru's illness. What he did not anticipate was General Turai's coup on the Yar'Adua clan. Not only was she not the wife in the picture when Obj and Shehu made their deal, she also completely hijacked the presidency, like play-like play, and she created her own 'clan' (better known as Cabal).

Enter Goodluck, Obj's back in the drivers seat! Post Third term strategy 1 failed, so what? Enter strategy 2, time to get it right. Give the real Yar'Adua family the slot - but how?

Enter Murtala Yar'Adua. Draft him as Ministerial nominee. Turai sends delegation to beg him to say no! Jonathan needs a game plan to checkmate a worst-case scenario if Umaru wakes up - Oga, I still dey loyal! To secure his yes, offer him FCT Minister, so he's automatically Governor without need for election.

Enter 2011, Presidency's zoned to the North, AND Yar'Adua is yet to complete his second term. Haba, but the whole game plan was to favour Shehu na,

Enter Murtala Yar'Adua for President! Baba returns as PDP Life Chairman, yes ke cool

I LOVE conspiracy theories.

You've got very fertile imagination. I love this conspiracy theory! tongue
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by xterra2(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
Make dem fight(murtala and turai)like dis

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by brauneyes: 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
mikeansy:

http://www.yaraduacentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=52

Not saying the guy is competent, just sharing available info on him.
Only graduated his Bachelor's degree in 1997, that makes him thirty something, or?
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by eros(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
Schemers and criminals at it again. Your days are all numbered. Nigeria is too big for a group of people to lord themselves over.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
eros:

Schemers and criminals at it again. Your days are all numbered. Nigeria is too big for a group of people to lord themselves over.

The same Cabal has been lording it since independence and now their children are taking up from where they stopped, so WHACHA SAYYING grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by CGKing(m): 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
And some folks were sympathizing with her. That woman has a heart men.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by mamagee3(f): 12:01am On Mar 26, 2010
In that case, Nigeria is in trouble. . .
Yaradua who did nothing throughout his reign has just imposed his brother in National Office.
Wow, I can see the "Owners" of the personal republic Of Nigeria doing their thing.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 26, 2010
^mamagee, that color is blinding!!! Damn!
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by CGKing(m): 12:21am On Mar 26, 2010
hmmmm, up and down, i neva like graph in schook but i can plot naija graph with my eyes closed.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Mar 26, 2010
FL Gators:

^mamagee, that color is blinding!!! Damn!
Take heart, You'll get used to the colour. grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by mbulela: 2:06am On Mar 26, 2010
yeswecan:

because there is none.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by beewhyfocs(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2010
Who cares, anybody could be appointed to whatever post provided the average Nigerian can boast of his basic necessities!
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by ud4u: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2010
Why wouldn't he accept it, how much does Yaradua give him when he was fully active. Abeg make Turia leave the man make in chop his own national cake
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Meldrick(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2010
yeswecan:

Jonathan is simply been political but sincerely he is not foolish. In politics, you win some to get some. While he must use technocrats, as a politician you must not undermine some powers. You must definetly recognise them and those who have chosen to be enemies, you employ diplomacy in dealing with them.

I blame the senate for not impeaching Yaradua because as it is, Yaradua can come back anyday and operate like nothing ever happened. what excuse do the Senate have for not impeaching a man who abandoned his official duties for months without any notice.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Echidime(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2010
Who cares whether he accept the offer or not, is a favour Jonathan is giving him,a favour his brother yara'dua did not give him, he should be greatful.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Boboribo: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
Show me a Nigerian that has ever rejected public office? Also show one that has ever resigned after failing to deliver. The guy will accept and oil his pocket just like his uncle and father and grand father before him.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by omofat: 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
Jonathan practising classic divide and conquer, oh soo devilish - i like grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by lannre(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nigerianistic a game for real players. No rigid rules,just play on.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by modaarewa(f): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2010
i thought women are the "weaker sex" how comes only one iron lady is putting a country of over 40 million population in dilemma.
Please guys leave Turai alone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire;a College Dropout / The Rails Are Back & Alive. / APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.