Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Would You Marry A Workaholic? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Workaholic? (6061 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 51% (31 votes)
No: 48% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

How Do I Cope With A Workaholic Boyfriend??? / My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
All varies on ur definition of Workaholic.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by sirp2007: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
what do u mean by workaholic?
please get a life,we are created to work, lazy bones design dat word
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Obelomo: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
I can marry a workaholic, but he would have to balance time with family, etc. Many times I can be a workaholic, so along as I see the good results of him being one. For fellow workaholics, try to have some time to enjoy life, so u won't go crazy or get too sick. With the economy now I choose to be a workaholic, plus I need big savings badly!
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by sley4life(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
y not
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by GL(f): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
sure, as long as he is making enough to justify all the time spent at work
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by donpaulo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
hmmmmm, nope, dont think so. talking from experience.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by eros(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hell no
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by na2day2(m): 12:32am On Mar 26, 2010
Deep Soul:

Yes I can.

because it wont be like that till we'r 80  grin

At some point, he definitely would need to slow down

so we are game? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 26, 2010
you guys should stop telling lies jor! y'all can't stand a workaholic for a wife! who's going to clean up after you and cook for you, eh? or take care of the kids and do the shopping, take care of laundry and everything else y'all can't be bothered to do? tongue tongue
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by mamagee3(f): 12:43am On Mar 26, 2010
Oh My God, I know of a Workaholic who's marries with Children, He's a lways working even when he's sick. . .
Nothing makes him leave work even when he's Off, Even during his Son's birthday, he still goes to work.
Any Day he stays out of work for Emergency purposes, he would be very sad for the rest of the day.
It's quite annoying and boring, It's almost like an addiction or quest to get rich as fast and as soon as possible.
I mean it's bad, One should be able to spend time with loved ones without going to work all the time.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 26, 2010
I was a workaholic and heading towards it again. I guess I will only slow down when I get married of course but that won't stop me working either. I get sooo much highness from working, beats getting drunk and laid, yea definately! grin
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by na2day2(m): 1:36am On Mar 26, 2010
iceblue:

you guys should stop telling lies jor! y'all can't stand a workaholic for a wife! who's going to clean up after you and cook for you, eh? or take care of the kids and do the shopping, take care of laundry and everything else y'all can't be bothered to do? tongue tongue

i cook 4 myself already, dont need a wife to do that wink wink wink

mama-gee:

Oh My God, I know of a Workaholic who's marries with Children, He's a lways working even when he's sick. . .
Nothing makes him leave work even when he's Off, Even during his Son's birthday, he still goes to work.
Any Day he stays out of work for Emergency purposes, he would be very sad for the rest of the day.
It's quite annoying and boring, It's almost like an addiction or quest to get rich as fast and as soon as possible.
I mean it's bad, One should be able to spend time with loved ones without going to work all the time.

and what is wrong with that? undecided undecided

jellybean:

I was a workaholic and heading towards it again. I guess I will only slow down when I get married of course but that won't stop me working either. I get sooo much highness from working, beats getting drunk and laid, yea definately! grin

may i know u angel? kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by mamagee3(f): 1:44am On Mar 26, 2010
na2day?:

i cook 4 myself already, dont need a wife to do that  wink wink wink

and what is wrong with that?  undecided undecided

Everything is wrong with someone who can't stay at home even when he's off from work, Everything is wronmg with a man who has never celebrated his son's birthday for once, Everything is wrong with a man who has a psychological disorder of being a Workaholic also known as a work addict.
It's Okay to be a hardworking person but it becomes a problem when you become addicted to it
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by chic2pimp(m): 1:59am On Mar 26, 2010
iceblue:

Are you saying a Man can't cook,clean up after themselves( shocked shocked shocked are we babies? ), take care of the kids and laundry? undecided
How then do single fathers survive? undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by na2day2(m): 1:59am On Mar 26, 2010
mama-gee:

Everything is wrong with someone who can't stay at home even when he's off from work, Everything is wronmg with a man who has never celebrated his son's birthday for once, Everything is wrong with a man who has a psychological disorder of being a Workaholic also known as a work addict.
It's Okay to be a hardworking person but it becomes a problem when you become addicted to it

totally disagree with u, is he productive at work? if yes, nothing is wrong with him, the son shld just get used to it. all these over pampered kids sef
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by mayfrances(f): 7:13am On Mar 26, 2010
Yes, I will marry and I am married to a workaholic. He is a nurse and works at least 10-12 hours a day. At $30.00+ an hour I can accept a workaholic. If he can't pay the bills then he needs to tear his ass!!!!!!!!!! You have to pay to play in America!!!!!!!!!!!!! In order to have something in the U.S. you are either a workaholic or doing something illegally.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by ZE: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2010
Some people engage themselves in constant activities without achieving any meaningful results.

Something is wrong with a man/woman who works from 8.00am to 9.00pm seven days in a week and earn 30,000 naira at the end of the month. I call it 'working like an elephant and eat like an ant' (except situation warrants that the person has to go through that process temporarily not as if he/she derives joy in 'picking the grass')

Having said that, a workaholic that earns something to show for it will go for me any time. If you profile the habit of 95% of all the highly successful men you will realize that they were workaholics at one time or the other.

So will go for the person that works hard but works smart.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Obinacu(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2010
Its pretty cool for a guy to marry a workaholic girl/but not advicable for a girl to marry a workaholic guy.Peace out
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2010
Obinacu:

Its pretty cool for a guy to marry a workaholic girl/but not advicable for a girl to marry a workaholic guy.Peace out
I hope the man who marries the workaholic girl is willing to cook some dinners and clean the house sometimes. I read a story about a woman who works for 12hrs coming back to her deadbeat husband who works for only 5hrs and the man still demanding his meal to be cooked and house cleaned. Now that is unspeakable.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Abygul(f): 11:34am On Mar 26, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I hope the man who marries the workaholic girl is willing to cook some dinners and clean the house sometimes. I read a story about a woman who works for 12hrs coming back to her deadbeat husband who works for only 5hrs and the man still demanding his meal to be cooked and house cleaned. Now that is unspeakable.
i surpot u ebonyyyyyyyyy.it easir said dan done .
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Abygul(f): 11:39am On Mar 26, 2010
Obinacu:

ans dis questions pls  can u cook dinner
                                                 can u wash all dishes after dinner
                                                 can u take d children to sch.
                                                 can u bath d children ooh sorry can u go to d market wen am busy
                                                  can u washh ur cloth and our childrens cloth everyday after sch.
i mean wen u are not goin to b a jobless mahn can u do all dis for a lady all in d name of workaholic.forget it doe i wnt blame u cos u are not a lady so u will only see tins from a rear angle wink
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by beingme(f): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2010
i can marry a workaholic who will be able to work it out on bed too and in domestic works too FULL STOP
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Abygul(f): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2010
na2day?:

totally disagree with u, is he productive at work? if yes, nothing is wrong with him, the son shld just get used to it. all these over pampered kids sef
dat wer d mistakes begin.wen as a father u dnt even av tym for ur children , later u complain abt d boi being dull in class or him not regonizing u .hummmmm tink abt wot u wrote and rewrite pls
beingme:

i can marry a workaholic who will be able to work it out on bed too and in domestic works too FULL STOP
so were is the tym to cook ,good in bed but alwaz tired to give u d rite servicin u need ahn,house part three way d tym wen even on sat and sun wen evrybody is restin shes on  trip to 1 country all d other.bis mistake
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by mamagee3(f): 11:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
na2day?:

It's not about pampered kids, dear.
It's about a father spending time with his children instead of the mother being the only parent at sight all the time. . .
There's time for everything, there are Children who turn out to be violent and go through psychological trauma
because their parent mostly father weren't there for them, they didn't spend quality time with their father which is bad.
At least a father should be there with his son at the time of his son's birthday, if not for anything to please his Child.
Working all the time doesn't discipline your kids, you have to be there to discipline them and correct them when they're wrong
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by ayettymama(f): 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
every man should understand not all women are the same

some are actually ambitious!

but when its time to have a family

then u need to make time for them too!
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by na2day2(m): 12:07am On Mar 27, 2010
Abygul:

dat wer d mistakes begin.wen as a father u dnt even av tym for your children , later u complain abt d boi being dull in class or him not regonizing u

what makes u think workaholics dont take care of their kids? Bill Gate is a workaholic and his kids seem to be doing fine. obama is a workaholic and his family is doing fine even when they had some rocky moments b4. my mom is a workaholic even in her retirement, and i came out alright, so ur point is very flawed. ppl whose kids are neglected will never have been good parents work or no work period. how do u explain the stay at home mom whose kids are wayward? if a girl walks out on me bcuz i work too hard, i will gladly kiss her goodbye. it happened to my kid bro and i told him not to even try to call her, let her bounce and he is a better person now that she is gone. she herself has seen her mistake and comes around and i strongly hope my brother dont take her back.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by InesQor(m): 3:42am On Mar 27, 2010
For me, work and play are always so entwined that it's often hard to tell the difference. But if I am expecting to be paid something good (in cash or kind) for my play, I'll call it work.

So I can marry a workaholic, she must only be ready to learn how to simultaneously play while working, it's the easiest way through life. cheesy cool
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Abygul(f): 6:16am On Mar 27, 2010
na2day?:

what makes u think workaholics dont take care of their kids? Bill Gate is a workaholic and his kids seem to be doing fine. obama is a workaholic and his family is doing fine even when they had some rocky moments b4. my mom is a workaholic even in her retirement, and i came out alright, so your point is very flawed. ppl whose kids are neglected will never have been good parents work or no work period. how do u explain the stay at home mom whose kids are wayward? if a girl walks out on me bcuz i work too hard, i will gladly kiss her goodbye. it happened to my kid bro and i told him not to even try to call her, let her bounce and he is a better person now that she is gone. she herself has seen her mistake and comes around and i strongly hope my brother dont take her back.
billl gate,obama u said.swt@ all dis ppl u mentiond has guidianes 4 dis children u are tolkin abt and come to tink of it dats can only happen in abroad cos even in sch if u act weird & dey ask u wat rong wiv u d 1st person dey coll is ur parent bt back here in nijja were is d guydian 2 luk after ur kid 24hrs.speak of obama d wife is still doin her roll as a mother.dnt u get nijja guls will only look 4 1 village gul to com take care of d babay or take her to 1 place dey will give d baby slpin telet all day.as 4 ur bro am hapy 4 dat gul.av bein dere my dere u mite nt understand.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by selena(f): 6:23am On Mar 27, 2010
I will get married to a hard working man,not a workaholic that will not have time for his family.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by na2day2(m): 6:33am On Mar 27, 2010
Abygul:

billl gate,obama u said.swt@ all dis ppl u mentiond has guidianes 4 dis children u are tolkin abt and come to tink of it dats can only happen in abroad cos even in sch if u act weird & dey ask u wat rong wiv u d 1st person dey coll is your parent bt back here in nijja were is d guydian 2 luk after your kid 24hrs.speak of obama d wife is still doin her roll as a mother.dnt u get nijja guls will only look 4 1 village gul to com take care of d babay or take her to 1 place dey will give d baby slpin telet all day.as 4 your bro am hapy 4 dat gul.av bein dere my dere u mite nt understand.

so ur point is workaholic cant hire ppl to take care of their kids? the title says cant u marry a workaholic, and i say yes bcuz i can adjust to that life style and workaholics dont make bad parents like u are trying to point out. as for my bro, i am happy for him as the loser of a girl wants him back and i dont want her in our family. she can go look for some lazy soul that will make love to her all day until the bills show up.
Re: Would You Marry A Workaholic? by Abygul(f): 6:43am On Mar 27, 2010
na2day?:

so your point is workaholic cant hire ppl to take care of their kids?  the title says cant u marry a workaholic, and i say yes bcuz i can adjust to that life style and workaholics dont make bad parents like u are trying to point out. as for my bro, i am happy for him as the loser of a girl wants him back and i dont want her in our family. she can go look for some lazy soul that will make love to her all day until the bills show up.
guy.av bein dere & i dnt tnk i eva want to do it again most xpecially wen u are still doin courtship Ok wat will u do if u av dis workaholic dat does nt av ur tym & wen u even try callin den be ready to give him lyk 40 miss calls b4 he eventully picks up & wen he pics d 1st tin he says is pls b quick abt what u want to say meanwhile ,while tolkin 2 u his busy shoutin @ some1 like dnt bash my car and u wale get d car we ae goin out now den he returns ehn ehn what were u sayin.but sorry weneva u need money u dnt av 2 say it twice ,worse of dem u dnt get to see him and if u av to prob 1ce ot 2wc in 4 mnth.can u advise me on dis.mr na today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't Care If She Has Slept With 1, 000 Other Men Before I Met Her / Should A Blind Man Care About A Partner's Looks? / Is She Worth 50k ? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.