Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety (6413 Views)

Cowardice: Police, Others Scamper For Safety As Tyre Explodes In Ikeja, Lagos / Patience's Visit - Port-Harcourt Residents Groan Under Security Siege / Multiple Explosions In Kano, As People Scamper For Safety. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Fhemmmy: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^^ Lol
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by kosovo(m): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^^^Lol
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by JoeGaruba: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
kosovo:

^^^^Lol

^^^^^lol
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by lysaa(f): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
hardywaltz:

Well the rain lasted for less than 30mins but for me it lasted longer.
Got to Abuja this morning but itching to get back to PH city and continue Acid-Rain hunting.
PH guyz please listen attentively to wheather forecast for rain, invite a chic, towards that tym and be sure she ain't going anywhere, lol There's actually a good side to all this.
Send down the rain, (singing)
U don kolo finish. LOL
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by blacksta(m): 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
A country of uneducated persons - I dont blame them, i blame the lack of good of educational establishments in the country. Acid rain what a big joke
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by maruchi(m): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2010
nonsense sms! it took me 2 good hours educatin a masters student that d acid rain shit is jus an exaggerated rubbish, wen a masters student is dat ignorant tell me y illiterates wont run for dia lives, i was at a bar wyl it rained and d air was smellin so luvly dt i enjoyed ma beer more dan eva, pls it shud continue acid rainin so dat beer wud taste better, notin person no go see for Pitakwa, lol cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by JoeGaruba: 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
Masters in what I beg? If na CRK e fit no know o
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 26, 2010
So the acid rain don fall finish shey? Thread Close.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Borat1: 12:24am On Mar 26, 2010
Dont Worry
The next rain wey go fall no go be acid rain. . .
Na acid gon gon!
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by mykali(m): 12:49am On Mar 26, 2010
I was so ashamed of my fellow PH dudes. Guys i'd thought were on my brain level (intelligence) were scampering from the rain.
Thanx to the ''acid rain''. I now know the kind of friends i have. Dumb blokes.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by sincerous: 1:35am On Mar 26, 2010
For acid rains occur the rain has to mix up with chemicals such as chlorides and sulfurdioxides which should be produced industrially. in the absence of this factors it becomes impossible to have acid rain. Moreover this rumor has spread across cities that are distant apart.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by jonabee(m): 1:41am On Mar 26, 2010
Well, I think God is the only All-Knowing. Anyways, There is nothing bad in scampering for life when the need be. It does not cause any harm being on the safer side. The N/Lander planning to drink Garri with the purported acid rain should desist from that as it amounts to suicide. Life  does not have a duplicate and no good medicare in our contemporary environment, unless you are ready to be flown out like your presido who is still in communicado!

The way this info has been circulated I will take cover whenever it rains in my area until the info dissipates.

PERIOD!
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Tcharged: 1:46am On Mar 26, 2010
Nothing wrong with running for safety. Better to be safe and foolish than to be sorry.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by JoeGaruba: 1:48am On Mar 26, 2010
^^^ touche
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by mosun22: 3:46am On Mar 26, 2010
ha, 9ja i luv ma country, lol
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by An0nimus: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2010
jonabee:

Well, I think God is the only All-Knowing. Anyways, There is nothing bad in scampering for life when the need be. It does not cause any harm being on the safer side. The N/Lander planning to drink Garri with the purported acid rain should desist from that as it amounts to suicide. Life  does not have a duplicate and no good medicare in our contemporary environment, unless you are ready to be flown out like your presido who is still in communicado!

The way this info has been circulated I will take cover whenever it rains in my area until the info dissipates.

PERIOD!
True talk.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Fedponek(m): 8:03am On Mar 26, 2010
Pls do we hav any witness in dis hous who was actualy biten by d rain?
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by gistar(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2010
sadi wonder why us nigerians doubt everything said.this is a forecast that was given even on CNN.no be say na nigrian news wey go say sun go shine wey heavy rain go start dey fall talk am o. if there is one forecast u should resoect and give heed to i think it is the foreign ones.

my advice: for the time being i suggest if it is raining u shud take cover cos i still luv u.yes u wey dey read this post now. lets us take news and other info with a lil more seriousness.peace.gist on fellaz.1!
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by bike1: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2010
Acid rain is actually real.
In a lay man words, when elements like Nitrogen, sulphur etc combine with water, its gives rise to and acidic product(Nitric acidHNO3, H2SO4 sulphuric acid). These elements are as a result of human activities which includes gas flaring, increase in waste that contains these elememnts, burning of plastics. When thee happens, elements are release into the atmosphere and there are trapped up der.
During rain fall, the neutral rain combines with these elements in the atmosphere and give rise to this acidic rain.
Acidic rain can actually lead to cancer but i wana believe its over exposure that can lead to that, cancer doesnt just develope. This rain has other effects on plant leaves, metallic substances, car paints, wall of buildings etc.
All the same , there nothing to be scared of but dont be over exposed to it.
This is acidic rain in a lay mans explanation for those that are not scientists.
Thank u
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by blakdove: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2010
Acid rain has been falling since time immemorial. When gases such as CO2 and SO2 released into the atmosphere are washed down by rains, the rains become slightly acidic. CO2 is always in the air, SO2 is a waste emitted from industries. You can't but experience rains where ever you are,especially if you are close to large industries and refineries. So what's the big deal about acid rains. Besides first rains are always dirty and filled with particles because they fall just after the harmatan winds. No panicking.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by jpphilips(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2010
what are you rambling about. i didnt go to school in nigeria, i went to school in the US. and yes soda can disolve metal, wear away stone, porcelain and enamal. as for cancer you need to do you research of what causes skin cancer since obviously you havent. acid rain is technicaly an organic acid (as is what is found in soda) and can occur naturaly as well as due to man made causes (polution). the ph of rain water is 5.5 acid rain is 4.8-5.4. the ph of soda is 2.5-3.0.

of course you studied in Ogbete
And you go talk say i insult you if i advise your father to withdraw your school fees and get a teddy bear in the alternative.
American Olodo on Rampage.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by jpphilips(m): 9:44am On Mar 26, 2010
what are you rambling about. i didnt go to school in nigeria, i went to school in the US. and yes soda can disolve metal, wear away stone, porcelain and enamal. as for cancer you need to do you research of what causes skin cancer since obviously you havent. acid rain is technicaly an organic acid (as is what is found in soda) and can occur naturaly as well as due to man made causes (polution). the ph of rain water is 5.5 acid rain is 4.8-5.4. the ph of soda is 2.5-3.0.

And you go talk say i insult you if i advise your father to withdraw your school fees and get a teddy bear in the alternative.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by beewhyfocs(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2010
Acid raincoat for sale! wink
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by gistar(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
hey phil i dont think it is cool the way u dissed that nigga that schooled in yankee.he is just trying to educate us the more on the acid rain stuff.this is a forum aigh't and we are suppose to learn one or two things from one another.so jp phil learn a bit of lesson.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by agathamari(f): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
jp philips:

[/b]

are you truly this inept?  tard, im not a nigerian - i married one try to catch up i know its difficult for you but try.  do yourself a favor, turn off the po/rn and nollywood and pick up a book.  all the info you need to know on this subject can be found in a 7th grade science text book - get one
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by gistar(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
agathamari i think u served that niga phil right.more of that maybe such will deter other peeps who just joined this forum to dis other learn a bit of lesson.u should have recommended a fifth grade book instead.am out!
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
Let us have fun and not fight
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by cedlinx: 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2010
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by chrisical(m): 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
See wetin ignorance dey cause.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by jatwill(m): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2010
i don't know how can people believe everythin they hear without lookin into in seriously
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by jatwill(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2010
Effects of Acid Rain - Human Health

Acid rain looks, feels, and tastes just like clean rain. The harm to people from acid rain is not direct. Walking in acid rain, or even swimming in an acid lake, is no more dangerous than walking or swimming in clean water. However, the pollutants that cause acid rain—sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx)—do damage human health. These gases interact in the atmosphere to form fine sulfate and nitrate particles that can be transported long distances by winds and inhaled deep into people's lungs. Fine particles can also penetrate indoors. Many scientific studies have identified a relationship between elevated levels of fine particles and increased illness and premature death from heart and lung disorders, such as asthma and bronchitis.
Re: Acid Rain Scare: Port Harcourt Residents Scamper For Safety by insideview: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2010
For years, Port Harcourt's story has been one of unrelenting gas flares, oil spills within the general geographic area, and haphazard disposal of industrial waste of indeterminate nature. Funny that we're worried about acid rain now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan To Reshuffle Cabinet / Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session / Boko Haram Release Clip Of Their Fight Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.