Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? (2170 Views)

Filipina Woman Claps Back @ Black American Women Over Black Men Dating Abroad / Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? / About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by loverr11: 4:10am On Nov 23, 2017
My fiancee, and I have been together for a year now. I plan to propose on my next visit. I’m just not sure if I should run my plans with her parents first. She’s a girl from the Philippines that I met on Loveme. She’s beautiful, affectionate, and has strong family values. I love how she’s always been loyal to me despite the distance.
I’ve fallen for her even more when I travelled to her hometown the second time. She welcomed me to her home and took me to different tourist places around. It was a fun holiday with her. After I went home, I told myself that she was the one I wanted to spend my life with. I’ve been planning this proposal ever since and I want to do things the best way.
While I was there, we’ve only met her parents once. She lives on her own in the city and told me that she moved out right after she finished studying at university. She and her parents don’t really have the best relationship. This is why I’m confused if I have to talk to her parents before asking her to marry me. She’s not really a traditionalist but she still has practices that are in line with Filipino tradition.
I love her and I want her to have this special day. I need tips on Filipino pre-proposals. I don’t want my plans to go differently just because I didn’t follow specific local practices. I’ll do anything for my woman. So, I need all the help I can get. What do you do when you want to propose to a Filipina? Do I meet her parents? Do I inform them after she said yes? Do I bring my parents with me too? Would like any advice on this, thanks!
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by dingbang(m): 4:18am On Nov 23, 2017
Iamkashybaby oya come here
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 23, 2017
Go and meet her parents. Do it and have a peaceful marriage. Were you planning on stealing their daughter? Eloping with her?

About traditions of the filipinas...ask your girlfriend. She'll know the neccessary things you should do or have with you when go to meet her parents.

I see no big deal here.

*Modified* You haven't proposed?? You come let me dey write long story. Oya go and propose sharp sharp
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 4:34am On Nov 23, 2017
ScotFree:
Go and meet her parents. Do it and have a peaceful marriage. Were you planning on stealing their daughter? Eloping with her?

About traditions of the filipinas...ask your girlfriend. She'll know the neccessary things you should do or have with you when go to meet her parents.

I see no big deal here.
what type of update your brain is useing do you think that your still leaving in your father's time

that your brain needs serious update like seriously

or take..............

Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 23, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

what type of update your brain is useing do you think that your still leaving in your father's time

that your brain needs serious update like seriously

or take..............

Mtcheww!!!
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 23, 2017
dingbang:
Iamkashybaby oya come here

grin

I dunno if this is a story of a Nigerian guy tho.. I juz doubt..

But anyway, generally, we Filipinos do not follow traditional wedding anymore..The man could still meet his gf's parents (juz a courtesy)to ask her hand for marriage...And usually, all wedding expenses is being divided 50-50 by the couple.

But this is the only thing, WE DON'T HAVE DIVORCE in the Philippines grin So, it's like RIDE or DIE wink juz kidding..

Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by IAMSASHY(f): 4:53am On Nov 23, 2017
undecided u shudnt meet her parents first, u ar marrying d lady herself nt parents, her accepting ur proposal first is Wat wl lead u 2 her parents

1 Like

Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Enoma222(m): 5:06am On Nov 23, 2017
loverr11:

My fiancee, and I have been together for a year now. I plan to propose on my next visit. I’m just not sure if I should run my plans with her parents first. She’s a girl from the Philippines that I met on Loveme. She’s beautiful, affectionate, and has strong family values. I love how she’s always been loyal to me despite the distance.
I’ve fallen for her even more when I travelled to her hometown the second time. She welcomed me to her home and took me to different tourist places around. It was a fun holiday with her. After I went home, I told myself that she was the one I wanted to spend my life with. I’ve been planning this proposal ever since and I want to do things the best way.
While I was there, we’ve only met her parents once. She lives on her own in the city and told me that she moved out right after she finished studying at university. She and her parents don’t really have the best relationship. This is why I’m confused if I have to talk to her parents before asking her to marry me. She’s not really a traditionalist but she still has practices that are in line with Filipino tradition.
I love her and I want her to have this special day. I need tips on Filipino pre-proposals. I don’t want my plans to go differently just because I didn’t follow specific local practices. I’ll do anything for my woman. So, I need all the help I can get. What do you do when you want to propose to a Filipina? Do I meet her parents? Do I inform them after she said yes? Do I bring my parents with me too? Would like any advice on this, thanks!

you dont have to meet her parents about it first just talk to her about your intention before going to meet her parents mention you let her know too.
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by MissRaine69(f): 5:13am On Nov 23, 2017
loverr11:

I love her and I want her to have this special day. I need tips on Filipino pre-proposals. I don’t want my plans to go differently just because I didn’t follow specific local practices. I’ll do anything for my woman. So, I need all the help I can get. What do you do when you want to propose to a Filipina? Do I meet her parents? Do I inform them after she said yes? Do I bring my parents with me too? Would like any advice on this, thanks

Why don’t don’t you ask her married Pinoy friends what is the proper way of doing things so that you are not seen as stepping out of line by her parents. She might not be traditionalist but her parents could be.
Besides no point asking Nigerians about Pinoy culture Seek knowledge from the source
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by GraGra247(m): 5:33am On Nov 23, 2017
Hardly can people think. If her parents agree nko and the lady refuses.

Ask the lady first and secure her consent. She should even be the one to tell you if she wants her parents involved and how to go about it.

Supposing her parents rejected or abused her in the past and she's got distant relationship with them.
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by dingbang(m): 6:07am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

But anyway, generally, we Filipinos do not follow traditional wedding anymore..The man could still meet his gf's parents (juz a courtesy)to ask her hand for marriage...And usually, all wedding expenses is being divided 50-50 by the couple.

But this is the only thing, WE DON'T HAVE DIVORCE in the Philippines grin So, it's like RIDE or DIE wink juz kidding..

ok find me one Philippines babe.. Make I marry am
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by RaaGhu: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2017
My friend, go and sit down with your LOVEME website you are trying to scam people with.

Do you think Nigerians would begin to partronize your LOVEME scam just to chat and speak with dudes like you?

Be warned!

https://www.nairaland.com/4176939/28-year-old-daughter-doesnt#62387446
My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend who is only 4 years older than her

I met this amazing woman on this website called Loveme. Her name is Yulia, she’s from the Ukraine, and everything about her is just great. She’s so smart and funny, and we just connect on so many levels.

I’ll be the first to admit that we have a significant age gap I’m 59, and she’s only 33 years old. But the age gap has never been an issue. We’ve always been upfront with each other. We had been dating for almost 18 months before I decided to introduce her to my family. I have 3 kids, the 2 sons and 1 daughter.

My eldest daughter is 28 years old, she’s never really been open to the idea of me dating someone who’s only a few years older than her. My two sons, 25 and 23, don’t really mind, they’ve actually been pretty supportive.

I’m starting to seriously consider proposing to Yulia. I want my entire family to support the two of us. I’m asking if there’s anything I can do to make the two of them get along? Even though my daughter has her own place, she comes over fairly often, I really want us all to get along. Do you have any advice or suggestions on what I can do about this situation? I’d really appreciate it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4190720/falling-love-cuban-mexican-met#62598820

I’m thirty and have had a couple relationships in the past. I’ve been engaged once, but that relationship didn’t work out, because she left me for somebody else.
I was heartbroken. I’ve gone on a few dates after that, but I couldn’t find it in me to trust anyone.
Then I met Karla on loveme. She’s a beautiful girl from Cuban-Mexican descent. We get along with each other, and everything is going so well.There’s no issues of a language barrier since I am also partly Cuban by my mother’s side. She makes me laugh every day with her jokes and she always takes the time to listen to my daily stories.
The problem now is that I’m scared of making it official with her. It’s not that I don’t want to, I’m just terrified that I might get hurt again. On the other hand, I’m afraid that if I put off pursuing a relationship with her further, she’ll find someone else. Am I wrong for feeling this way? How will I know our relationship won’t go south?
The distance is also scary for me. We only met online and there’s a huge possibility that it wouldn’t work out. What if she’ll cheat on me behind my back when I’m away? I’m really stumped with what to do right now. I need all the help I could get. Any words of advice, anyone?

https://www.nairaland.com/4174926/girlfriends-family-doesnt-approve-online#62355213
I met my Filipina girlfriend online through a dating site called loveme. We got along really quickly and we’ve been communicating for about a year and a half now. After all the time we spent together via video calls and chat, we figured it was time to see each other. I decided to visit her in the Philippines.

My problem is that her family are quite traditional in all forms –including romance. They don’t really approve of our online relationship since we live thousands of miles away from each other. I’ve deeply fallen in love with this woman and I’m confident that she feels the same way. Another problem with her family that they’ve mentioned is our age gap. I’m too old for her and they are concerned about how things would turn out in our relationship.

I want to prove that I am worthy as a partner and can genuinely love her and her family. I initially planned to take them out and show them how I truly am when I visit my girlfriend and her family. I’m so nervous about the whole situation since I’ve already been thinking about future marriage plans.

If things do go well, I plan on proposing to her. How can I prove to her family that I’m fit to be their daughter’s lover? How can I approach them and how can I handle the situation when I finally get to see my girlfriend? Guys, I’m desperate for help!

loverr11:

Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 23, 2017
dingbang:
ok find me one Philippines babe.. Make I marry am

grin

Hahahahah...Juz ONE? grin

I never knew u like Filipina...U must be watching some of their telenovelas cheesy
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Martin0(m): 6:41am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

I nor know say u na Philippine ooogringrin
Na wa ooo who con dey teach u pigin
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by AlexCk: 6:46am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

..And usually, all wedding expenses is being divided 50-50 by the couple.

50-50?
Impressive.
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by dingbang(m): 6:47am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Hahahahah...Juz ONE? grin

I never know u like Filipina...U must be watching some of their telenovelas cheesy
just one ooo...
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2017
Martin0:

I nor know say u na Philippine ooogringrin
Na wa ooo who con dey teach u pigin

I learn pidgin every day...
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2017
AlexCk:

50-50?
Impressive.

grin

Aha...Maybe bcoz Philippine culture is more westernised in 21st century...
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Martin0(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I learn pidgin every day...
Ohgrin I guess on Naira! Well enjoy ur staygringrin bye
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by linearity: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2017
ScotFree:

I see no big deal here.

*Modified* You haven't proposed?? You come let me dey write long story. Oya go and propose sharp sharp

There are no known marriage proposal traditions anywhere in the world. Except some churches that mandated that you must see the ‘marriage committee’ before proposing...note that, marriage proposal is different from marriage rites/custom.

But, since it is the lady that is marrying, it is always better to seek her consent first, then both of can plan on how best to break the news to her parents/friends. She will guild you on when to do this and give you many inputs.

It is not proper to approach the parents first, especially as you indicated, they are don’t have the best of relationship at the moment.
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by AlexCk: 8:22am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Aha...Maybe bcoz Philippine culture is more westernised in 21st century...

Lol

Probably,
So y'all also do mass right(church stuff), or y'all are into Buddhism, the supreme Buddha, as he's mostly called.
grin
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2017
AlexCk:

Lol

Probably,
So y'all also do mass right(church stuff), or y'all are into Buddhism, the supreme Buddha, as he's mostly called.
grin

In terms of religion , Philippines is the only "Christian" country around Asia but we do have Muslims there as well..

But in terms of Christianity, the ppol are clustered into different religions tho...
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by AlexCk: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

In terms of religion , Philippines is the only "Christian" country around Asia but we do have Muslims there as well..

But in terms of Christianity, the ppol are clustered into different religions tho...

Nice, never knew they were predominantly Christians, and also Muslims too.

That's nice.

Sure u getting set to go home soon, yea?
Should be approaching 4pm soon over there
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 23, 2017
AlexCk:

Nice, never knew they were predominantly Christians, and also Muslims too.

That's nice.

Sure u getting set to go home soon, yea?
Should be approaching 4pm soon over there

grin

Go home where?

Well, i am not in the Philippines atm but surely gonna go back to my homeland very soon for holiday... wink
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by AlexCk: 10:26am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Go home where?

Well, i am not in the Philippines atm but surely gonna go back to my homeland very soon for holiday... wink

Hehehehe,

Having an adventure, i seee.
Lol,

Oh well, don't party too hard oo grin
Or u actually working in another country?
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2017
AlexCk:

Hehehehe,

Having an adventure, i seee.
Lol,

Oh well, don't party too hard oo grin
Or u actually working in another country?

grin

Im done with my "party" life & yes i am working abroad.. cool
Re: Planning To Propose To My Filipina Girlfriend. Should I Ask Her Parents First??? by AlexCk: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Im done with my "party" life & yes i am working abroad.. cool

Hehehehe,
Now that's something wink

Rock on missy! grin

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And The Misconception Of Feminism / Bbnaija - Miracle Having Sex With Nina From Behind (caught On Camera) / Men Who Allow Their Wives On Top During Sex Will Not Make Heaven – Nigerian Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.