Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" (47432 Views)

Criminals Attack My Brother In Rumoula Link Road, P.H (Graphic Photos) / BREAKING!!! Bishop of Ozubulu's Manager and Friend Shot Dead in S'Africa (Graphi / Ayoade Akinnibosun, Offa Robbery Gang Leader At A Gym Before His Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by valx2: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
rusher14:
I thought they said it was Hausa.

grin
IKPU NNE GI
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by judecares1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
h
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by funnynation(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ok

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by giftiy(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
CastedDude:
The suspected leader of a gang known as the "Great Men" Mr. Chinedu Akpunonu (AKA Obrocho) that allegedly masterminded the shooting in St. Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu, has opened up to his counsel Okechukwu Ikenna and narrated how the shooting was carried out in Ozubulu.

Recently, the Anambra State Police Command paraded four suspected members of a deadly gang (The Great Men) including their leader Mr. Chinedu Akpunonu (AKA Obrocho) who confessed to have masterminded the Ozubulu massacre that had 13 people killed and about 22 injured on August 6.

Chinedu who further confessed to have never sent his boys to attack the St. Philips Catholic Church that led to the shooting of the congregations said: "our target was Bishop, I sent my boys to get me bishop, and when they went to his house and could not find him, they decided to check him in the church and after they realized Bishop had left the country back to South Africa they resorted to killing members of his family which resulted the careless shooting in the church.

One of the suspects, 44-year-old Vincent Ike condemned the killing and disassociated himself saying it wasn't in their plan but the boys overreacted.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/suspected-gang-leader-ozubulu-church-massacre-narrates-attack-carried.html
I thought their leader KANU said its housa Fulani
#sick people#

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by naptu2: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Previous thread

Ozubulu: Police invite Ikegwuonu

On August 16, 2017. 4:31am

*44 victims get cash relief
*As diocese sets up casualty charity fund c’ttee
*Investigation on killings ‘ll be thorough — Obiano

By Vincent Ujumadu, Chimaobi Nwaiwu & Edokwe Onyinyechi

Nnewi—THE Anambra State Police Command has invited Chief Aloysius Ikegwuonu, who suspected assailants were said to be looking for when they attacked St Philip’s Catholic Church, Amakwa Ozubulu penultimate Sunday.

Ozubulu church

Ikegwuonu’s father was among the 13 people who lost their lives during the attack in which nearly 30 people were wounded.

Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, in Anambra State, Mrs. Nkiru Nwode, said, yesterday, that Ikegwuonu, popularly called ‘Bishop’, is expected to appear at the police headquarters in Awka on Friday.

Ikegwuonu, who left the state before the attack on the church he built for his community, was said to have returned to the state last Saturday and attended the first Mass at St Philip’s on Sunday. He declined to speak to anybody after the church service in which the Secretary to the Anambra State Government, SSG, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu, also attended as part of a ceremony to reopen the church.

Nwode said the invitation to Ikegwuonu could not be taken to mean arrest, adding that the police had no reason to arrest him.

44 victims get cash relief

This came as Catholic Diocese of Nnewi, yesterday, set up a 10-man Ozubulu Casualty Charity Fund Committee to handle the welfare of the victims of the attack.

Meanwhile, 44 victims of the attack were, yesterday, given N50,000 each at various hospitals they were admitted including Nnewi, Ozubulu and Oba, by the diocese to alleviate their problems .

Members of the committee are Monsignor Patrick Ezeobata, chairman; Rev Fr Jude Onwuaso; Rev Fr Donald Chukwudolue; Rev Fr Joe Onyema; Fr Cajetan Obodozie; Brother Cyprian Oneni; Sister Theresa Martin; Mrs Juliana Arazu; Mrs Uju Azuka and Dr Sylvester Igwilo.

Catholic Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Rev Hilary Odili Okeke, said the committee would visit all the victims in different hospitals to know their needs with a view to offering a helping hand to all of them. Okeke disclosed that the committee has the mandate to ensure that every help provided by groups and individuals to the victims would be deposited into a central account called Ozubulu Casualty Charity Fund provided by the committee. He said: “Many people and groups in the church are helping the victims. The state government has promised to pay into that account. These people eat and that is why we give them money. The families of the dead will not be forgotten and the committee was also charged to be accountable in the discharge of its duties.”

Reacting to Ozubulu Youths Association, OYA, protest over the reopening of the church for service, while investigation is still being conducted, Bishop Okeke queried whether the protesters were Christians at all.

‘Bishop’ Aloysius Ikegwuonu, Main Target of Ozubulu Church Attack, Visits Hospitalized Victim

“If those protesters are Christians, they should not complain because they should know that we have to continue to worship God in every situation.”

Investigation on killings ‘ll be thorough— Obiano

Also yesterday, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State assured Ndi Anambra that his administration will leave no stone unturned at ensuring prompt prosecution of those behind the killing of innocent worshippers at Ozubulu.

The governor gave the assurance during a re-dedication and blessing of the church last Sunday by the Catholic Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Rev. Okeke. The governor, who was represented by Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu, sympathised with the families of those who died in the incident as well as those that sustained injuries.

He assured them that Anambra State Government would do everything possible to ensure that they obtain justice over the matter.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/ozubulu-police-invite-ikegwuonu/

https://www.nairaland.com/3991964/aloysius-ikegwuonu-bishop-invited-police
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Rick9(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
How do ordinary citizens possess illegal fire arms is what I keep asking myself
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by edgeP(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked

My eyes must be deceiving me:

I thought i saw my Boyfriend over reacted after "losing target" and i just assumed he doesn't know how to do dat tin
Folakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ma lo gboyun wale

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by soberdrunk(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked

I thought i saw my Boyfriend over reacted after "losing target" and i just assumed he doesn't know how to do dat tin

grin grin grin I am not laughing at the rubbish you wrote, it is that fine girl in your profile that is fresh like Romanian onions i am grinning at grin grin Who is she?

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by caesaraba(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ahn ahn, is it not "Awusa pepple" that carried out the killings again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by jogojogo: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
So no be herdsmen again? OK o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Firstcitizen: 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
No be Hausa man carry out the attack again grin grin

No mind those children of hate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
FUNNY ENOUGH NIGERIAN POLICE WILL BE WORKING WITH THAT BISHOP TO ARREST THE KILLERS BUT WILL NOT BOTHER TO KNOW THE REASON WHY THAT BISHOP WAS TARGETED. THEY WONT CARE WETHER HE WAS A CRIMINAL GUNRUNNER OR DRUGLORD AND EVEN IF THEY FIND OUT HE WAS, THEY WILL CARE LESS BY NOT ARRESTING HIM

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by naptu2: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
Funnyguy83:
The real story , their is an Mbaise side to it, Bishop's main boy , that served him was killed, after he left bishop, because one of the main actors called obrocho also from Ozubulu, an importer of drugs into SA lured the Mbaise boy to leave bishop, who has more than 500 boys working for him, including SA police . Bishop is fully into retail of drugs. Mbaise people threatened retaliation , sent emissaries to Ozubulu , their is also a Nonso from Nnobi languishing in Jail who claims Ozubulu people set him up, he claims he is the real owner of a popular park(territory) in Jo burg where drugs are sold that bishop took over, he said he will kill ozubulu people every month,
So the war is on three fronts Obrocho gang and bishops gang both from ozubulu,Mbaise Vs Ozubulu, Nonso( Nnobi ) vs bishop Ozubulu and Ozubulu.
Shame on all of them, our igwe intervened, which I spoke against, the bishop of Nnewi and the clergy also intervened, but I warned that the day of reckoning will come , nobody listened , they were all blinded by the drug money , from top to bottom, including our Governor. Shame on all them, the blood of the innocent souls are on their head, I worship in that church , actually gave them 200,000 Naira last Christmas.
A sad day for Ozubulu and Anambra . these are words of a bosom friend from OZUBULU. Bishops parents were allegedly killed in the attack.

https://www.nairaland.com/3971560/real-story-behind-anambra-church#59219939
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by NEIGHBOUR(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
purem:
this is what am talking about, that it unfair to marry a 21 year old girl because if we look at it in another angle it not there fault o to have sacked him even if I wasn't there I still know that I Will make it in life because I have watch a 2d movie before coming to this conclusion that wherever you go always stick with your bae yhu never know tomorrow yhu may eat eba

Sorry if you've wasted your time reading my trash

Yaba left candidate. Pls go and take ur drugs.
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by oz4real83(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
Something is wrong with this story. According to op,the man ''confided in his counsel''. Is it the counsel that now released what was discussed privately to the public? If a part of a story has some doubt,the rest part becomes suspicious.
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by cremeboy: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
JamesReacher:
Liesssss. Is it logical for kidnappers to massacre people like that out of frustration? Don't you think they wouldn't want heat on their back and keep a low profile? Ozubulu massacre still has inner motives!!!
then tell us the culprits now. Fool!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Pidginwhisper: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked

My wife kiss where u been go?
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Factfinder1:
Criminal wey get boys only in Igbo land Evans and co

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by tfelicityk(m): 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Is it the devil in them that want blood rather they can't control their anger? It seems they are on the influence of Drugs. Well, you don't want take what you can't Create. cry cry cry cry
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked

Eeya! Then find a boyfriend nah. Pity all the Nigerian cucumbers please.
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by JamesReacher(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
cremeboy:
then tell us the culprits now. Fool!!
Fool for what? You clearly don't comprehend well, I say they are the culprits but they are still not telling the full story
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Highbhee(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Brothers from the east,where mud rise like yeasts

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by GavelSlam: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
Since you guys said it was carried out by Fulani we might as well release these guys until we find the "correct " culprits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by bakila: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
JamesReacher:
Liesssss. Is it logical for kidnappers to massacre people like that out of frustration? Don't you think they wouldn't want heat on their back and keep a low profile? Ozubulu massacre still has inner motives!!!
Motives fueled by denial of the victim and perpetrators.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Respect55(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
purem:
this is what am talking about, that it unfair to marry a 21 year old girl because if we look at it in another angle it not there fault o to have sacked him even if I wasn't there I still know that I Will make it in life because I have watch a 2d movie before coming to this conclusion that wherever you go always stick with your bae yhu never know tomorrow yhu may eat eba

God will help u

Sorry if you've wasted your time reading my trash
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Larry253(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked

Your magnificent,envy dat your guy!
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Paretomaster(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
rusher14:

grin

Flatinnoes get sense, KWUNU replaced their brain with akpu. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
rusher14:

grin
We thought they said it was IPOB.
Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by Nostradamus: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
i hope the dead get justice,so that their death won't be in vain.

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by edupedia: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
rusher14:

grin

...dat na dem IPOB world of lies and fiction....same thing dem tok say Buhari don die but na dem Cowpig disappear..dey no get shame to ever apologize to other simple and better Nigerians...na so so braggadocio every minute of their useless lives...u believe them then una don't enter one chance be DAT.....they bragged election won't hold...but it held..... they hailed Fayose, FFK and Jonathan with one side of their mouths but to vote for PDP even APC do better....unreliable yeye terrorist Igbos....telling lies to Nigerians since January 15th 1966!....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by triple996(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
If they had not been arrested
Ibos would have started shouting dat it was fulanis and afonja
Bt GOD has brought out the truth be4 d world
Dat it was one of there brothers
(Ibos ND Christense won't like diz post, Bt it's d truth)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" by PFRB: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
smacher:
Sometimes I feel like the police manufacture suspects just to keep people from digging deep

Thank you my brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAUTECH Students Riot In Yola After Man "Blasphemed" Against Islam On WhatsApp / 'our Leader Shot Pregnant Woman In The Private Part' - Gang Member (pic) / Robber At NHIS Building Lagos Striped Unclad & Beaten To Pulp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.