Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (27029 Views)

Urgent Vacancies For Van Sales Reps For A Leading Brewery / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

1. He passed the tough Test which is a major key.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.
That piece of paper he doesn't have say a lot of things about him.
Not coordinated, unprepared, doesn't pay attention to details, weak and so on..... grin
That is how they would have reasoned. Everyone make conclusions on little observations...It is life. No enough time to really check the kind of person he is

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.

No, they were not more interested in a piece of paper. They had not even started asking him questions. He was introducing himself and what he was saying was at variance with his CV with them, why should they let him continue?
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Sorry .. but who goes for an interview without a hard copy of his updated CV, u shot urself here.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 7:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Preparation must always meet opportunity at least half way for levels to change.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by asawanathegreat(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2017
U need to visit ur forefathers and give them enough drink so that u can succeed in the next interview.

2 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Judging from what you wrote, I believe it’s a “lesser” role and that’s why they might have been disenfranchised when you told them you had better qualifications

In their minds, they already “know” you might not end up taking the job or even stay for long in the company. So no recruiter would want to go through the process of re-recruiting for a solo candidate because it cost money and time

If they really wanted you on the role, they would have asked you to bring your CV on a later date. Just you know, employers need quality employees too. So they are flexible when they see one.

Cheer up! Something else will come along.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:

That piece of paper is very important in any interview. He made a huge mistake
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Chukazu: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

Not like I took little details for granted. I thought since I passed the test and being amongst the first to be contacted and also with my experience, carrying a hard copy of my CV wasn't that necessary.

But any ways, you still have a point. I guess I took it for granted......or maybe I just don't know what happened to me! As the guys up there have been saying..... Village tins wink

Don't take it to heart... better things ahead!

2 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2017
einsteine:

No, they were not more interested in a piece of paper. They had not even started asking him questions. He was introducing himself and what he was saying was at variance with his CV with them, why should they let him continue?
They should let him continue because he passed the tough test and he made it to presentation. The CV is not under rock, can be got
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by 2shure: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2017
for a driving job
i aint gonna dress in that suit
fuc d cv's nigga
pic up a lapy
and tear maye bill
if she chest am
your luck baba
God don bless your hustle.
u still wanna bd on a 25k salary
dont u wanna cash out.be rich
fly your bich to grammys
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Ntin lik a mistake....

U wia nt honest n dazal
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:

It is not about judging people..it is about being prepared at all times..

If u are a christian, U will be familiar with the parable of the Ten virgins... It was not as if the girls did not have oil in their lamps..it only ran out..but the prepared ones got extra oil just incase ...

I am happy the OP admitted his mistake...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by anonimi: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2017
newyorks:
AND SOMBORI WILL SAY VILLAGERS NO DEY EXIST

Na so gods of men take dey chop sheeple dem money.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Oyerinde16(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2017
IfoyinTEDO:
this is the MAIN reason why you're organizing the party. To make cash
If that's what you think.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2017
You know what, I v always kept my cv's on my phone and mail but don't worry the best will surely show up

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2017
lol @ lo and behold ....lawd save me from magas like this
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
They should let him continue because he passed the tough test and he made it to presentation. The CV is not under rock, can be got

Then you don't understand recruitment at all and definitely didn't comprehend this particular scenario well enough. First, he is not the only one who passed the test. Secondly, they are not employing every body. The interview is an opportunity to drop some people. Finally, applying with a different CV that is different from the true state of his life and career is an integrity issue, shows that he is not exactly the most truthful person in the room. At that point, even if he had been able to present the CV, he still wouldn't have gotten the job.

It is important to realize that companies include stages in recruitment as a way of not only choosing who they want but also as an opportunity to DROP some people.

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by sholaball: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2017
OP take heart bro. God would help u get a much better or equally better gig. I also have had such experience b4, went for an interview wit a wrong CV and wen I was asked to introduce myself it was based on d supposed CV I thought I submitted. Have learnt from my mistake. I can imagine how u feeling....
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2017
2shure:
for a driving job
i aint gonna dress in that suit
fuc d cv's nigga
pic up a lapy
and tear maye bill
if she chest am
your luck baba
God don bless your hustle.
u still wanna bd on a 25k salary
dont u wanna cash out.be rich
fly your bich to grammys

Have you flown your bitch to grammys?
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by bymyself: 7:43am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

We make misrakes sometimes. Some reversible others maybe not. Sorry bro. Look on the brighter side.

Always save a soft copy of the CV you sent to companies with the name of the company as part of the file name. This helps you to avoid mixing things up. This is because most times, cv's are doctored to suit the role. If it's hard copy you have, write the name of the company boldly at the back of the last page and store all in a file jacket.

All the best next time.

2 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:

The very few slot allocated to merits are also tied to papers. Nija for you.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by alfajohn: 7:50am On Nov 24, 2017
From what you wrote it means the job is much beneath you. They called you for interview based on a cv that has OND has your highest certificate and you started talking about bsc and masters, naturally they will lose interest. One you are over qualified, two you have integrity issues. The cv you submitted was based on job role and your higher qualifications was omitted by you. No employer likes that even though it is popular with job seekers
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by slapandfall(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=pp802 post=62656907]I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

[/quote

This is not a big deal atal, don't be downcasted a bit.

What i normally do in times like this is... I just see the positive side and learn.
I believe you have learnt. This is a preparation for something bigger.

I totally understand how you feel or felt. Move on bro. Better days ahead.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Undertaker001: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2017
All this buzus wey go qoute the whole epistle and at the end self their comment na just a phrase..
na una be the problem we get for this nairaland

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by franklingud(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2017
Better luck next time bro, but BTW how can a mail you sent disappear from the sent list?

Hmmn!

Holy ghost fire them.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:

thank you so much.. We are the ones killing ourselves
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by dungburu: 8:06am On Nov 24, 2017
Raiyell:
based on your story, I will not dream of trusting you with any sort of responsibility.

You mean you are educated up to masters level and you still make rookie mistakes like one villager in Aguleri.

Being contrite doesn't help anything because I am sure you will do the same things again.

Last minute people -- run away from them.
See this mumu

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2017
dungburu:
See this mumu

Are you a last minute person?

You sound like one and I do not trust your feeble brained kind
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by careercrew1: 8:10am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

I messed up big time!

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

This is why I always advice people not to waste their time on entertainment blogs and follow career blogs for them to have a better career and better life.

I have raised a thread here on Nairaland about the importance to always update your CV even when employed.

Click here for more details https://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/why-you-should-always-update-your-cv.html?m=1

You can also click the back of my nairaland profile to view my twitter handle and follow me for more career tips as I plan to update with massive career topics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. / Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.