Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (27037 Views)

Urgent Vacancies For Van Sales Reps For A Leading Brewery / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Spare me that crap, Bleep you and your inferiority complex
Lols.....
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Welcomme:
pp802, if I get u right, as at the time you applied, it was a driving position you applied for right? Now my questions is, what concerns a driver with solving maths and other gmats questions? Shebi driving is something that has to do with practical? Wetin join driving position with presentation again?

Welcome sir. cheesy

It was a sales position i applied for, but you have to know how to drive.......like have a driving experience and then the qualification required was a National Diploma.

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Spare me that crap, Bleep you and your inferiority complex

You don't need it bro.

You've commented very well and people appreciated and I also appreciate.

#Just ignore.

You're one in a million! God bless

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

You don't need it bro.
You've commented very well and people appreciated and I also appreciate.
#Just ignore.

You're one in a million! God bless
My mood betrayed me. Thanks for that.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nnennavera(f): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
So sorry dear i feel your pain
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
Am working in brewery already to get work here is not by knowing someone if you are good you will get it believe yourself and God always pray because prayer is the key I went for interview five good times before God open my door don't give up
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by missbestie: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ajengogo:
You were just saved the agony of becoming a chronic drunkard... Cheer up man!
lol
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by omoiyalayi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
HARDLABOR:
Na we........

Lolzzzzzzzzz grin angry grin

Am rolling on the floor bro

Who are u ? Lol grin

From which region? Lol grin

Abeg I wan ask.......

Una dey follow person go abroad? grin
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

Hey, it could have happened to anyone even myself. You probably had a lot on your mind maybe about the possible questions you could be asked or the proper introduction, that you forgot about your updated CV. Cheer up. You'll get an even better job. Don't beat yourself up because of it. Learn from your mistakes and move on, my friend.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
Babysho:

Hey, it could have happened to anyone even myself. You probably had a lot on your mind maybe about the possible questions you could be asked or the proper introduction, that you forgot about your updated CV. Cheer up. You'll get an even better job. Don't beat yourself up because of it. Learn from your mistakes and move on, my friend.

Thanks bro.

Its just so painful when you know you're the cause.

I was talking to a brother who is based abroad about it and he blamed the hell out of me........that how can I go to an interview without an updated CV?! He even said the fact that I couldn't find the mail I sent is not an issue. That immediately I started the introduction I should have given them my CV. I should have more than 10. And as I was talking I should give each interviewer a copy.

The whole matter just taya me again, like say na jazz!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Valprof: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

Val is my name.

Am currently running my NYSC programme. l am a bit nervous about the labour market..l need experienced guys like you to teach me d ropes. I hv a nice degree from UNN and l think you'll make a great ally

My no is 07036236313, vtobenna@gmail.com

Pls add me on watsapp or if u ain't okay with that, make your own arrangements

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2013 / Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.