Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,889 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (27031 Views)

Urgent Vacancies For Van Sales Reps For A Leading Brewery / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Why wont you fail when you spend most of your time checking Ebuka's agbada and Banky pre wedding photos on nairaland instead of developing yourself..

Scratch that...

I need to be nice..

Hem Op, forget about it, failure is not the end of the road, if one thing, you have added to your experience in life.. It will help shape your decision the next time.

I agree with you 100%. Besides, never settle for less than you are worth. Why would a BSc holder apply for a driving job ? The time spent looking for and holding down such a job is time you will never regain. There are some things you should really ponder deeply before diving into.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by dotun365: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Khd95:
Ur village people dey use state of the art vehicle dey follow u jejelygrin

Even if u must apply for driver...why didn't u put ur true and updated academic qualifications

Abi no be first class I hear say dey drive some of dangote's trucks

Moral of the lesson: honesty even in it smallest form pays
Putting out everything for some job roles will make you loose it as you may be considered over qualified which would mean higher salary for the employer so you automatically loose.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Jelal0007(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2017
Dude u messed up oo big time. 4 dis country wey jobs scarce? Next time prepare well 4 something as important as a job interview.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2017
smithsydny:
That's life lesson.. What the name of the company so I can apply for sister if possible.. Plz

The whole epistle smells of Guinness Nig.PLC
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by devlishGINGER(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2017
Raiyell:
based on your story, I will not dream of trusting you with any sort of responsibility.

You mean you are educated up to masters level and you still make rookie mistakes like one villager in Aguleri.

Being contrite doesn't help anything because I am sure you will do the same things again.

Last minute people -- run away from them.
the part where he said he was not with hard copy got me laughing. but come to think of it, if it was for a driving job what has solving math got to do with it ?

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by devlishGINGER(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2017
2shure:
for a driving job
i aint gonna dress in that suit
fuc d cv's nigga
pic up a lapy
and tear maye bill
if she chest am
your luck baba
God don bless your hustle.
u still wanna bd on a 25k salary
dont u wanna cash out.be rich
fly your bich to grammys
if you were a raper, you will be famous for these lines. its street deep
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2017
Oooooh sorry bro.. Better days ahead
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by aspirebig: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2017
It is called a "learning process"

Never give up...never ..try again next time ...afterall you are gainfully employed now.

Next time be more equipped and have all your credentials and CVs intact...soft and hard copies...

No need crying over a spilled milk....e don happen ...e don happen be that....#moveon
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by stud101(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2017
Feel your pain, had this experience last week, went unprepared, despite i did.
Your own was updated CV, me i had one, put for some twisted reason, the pics attached to the portfolio i felt weren't good enough for me. I didn't present it and it cost me. Even my oral, for some awkward reason, i just mixed everything up....
The opening, had a higher pay,better benefit....
I took it on the chin, will learn from it.
Cheers.
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:52am On Nov 24, 2017
GOD HAS A BETTER PLAN FOR YOU. HE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by jude33084(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

Thanks for sharing bro. Lesson learnt smiley
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by 2shure: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2017
i love trap music
enuf of o babt..wo..if i tell u say i love u o.
go shawty..and trash naija songs
u go jus dey reason like fool if u play naija songs all your life.
no inspirations
nothing to relate too.
i rap what i hear
what i see
what i think
i write.
im gangstar
my fav rappers 2chainz..buck
devlishGINGER:
if you were a raper, you will be famous for these lines. its street deep
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

I messed up big time!

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

Anytime you go for an interview or to a company where you are a prospective candidate, make sure you have copies (yes plural) of all necessary documents. You never know who or what you may run into.

/
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by VcStunner(m): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

I messed up big time!

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

I feel ur pain bros! But then I think you went to exercise ur brain with their test and same time learnt what NOT to do while preparing for an interview. Take that as your consolation son!
Me wey dey submit CV for Procurement Officer and Sales positions, Naso one babe call me from on company in Apapa dey ask whether I get sales experience I say yes, she say how many years, I say 3yrs... she say Procurement nko? I say 3yrs, she pause come ask me when u gather all dis experience? I say the same time.
Next thing I hear na hmmmm... we will get back to you. I jus off fone go sleep... I no remember wetin I apply for sef

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by donqx: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2017
sorry
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017
You shouldn't blame yourself, though; lesson learned!
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2017
dungburu:
See this mumu

See the type of feeble minded people I share Nigeria with. Na wao
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by nellyelitz(m): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Cheer up man
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

Thank you Sir!

I've learnt my lesson in a painful way............because if I tell you that I actually cried tears, you won't believe it. I've never been this care free

Its well bro. Cheer up. God has something bigger for you.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2017
einsteine:

Then you don't understand recruitment at all and definitely didn't comprehend this particular scenario well enough. First, he is not the only one who passed the test. Secondly, they are not employing every body. The interview is an opportunity to drop some people. Finally, applying with a different CV that is different from the true state of his life and career is an integrity issue, shows that he is not exactly the most truthful person in the room. At that point, even if he had been able to present the CV, he still wouldn't have gotten the job.

It is important to realize that companies include stages in recruitment as a way of not only choosing who they want but also as an opportunity to DROP some people.
A fair ground is all I ask of the panel. Maybe you don't know what integrity means cos he didn't lie, he made an honest make But I get your point
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

1. He passed the tough Test which is a major key.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.
Africa, a continent....God! Why?
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2017
LordIsaac:

Africa, a continent....God! Why?
Spare me that crap, stop the inferiority complex
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by dokiOloye(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Khd95:
Ur village people dey use state of the art vehicle dey follow u jejelygrin

Even if u must apply for driver...why didn't u put ur true and updated academic qualifications

Abi no be first class I hear say dey drive some of dangote's trucks

Moral of the lesson: honesty even in it smallest form pays
I tire for d guy oo.
After all,some ppl get employed and upgraded to a post above d one they applied for based on their qualifications and maybe experience.
The guy was totally dishonest.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Dotman2210(m): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2017
You were not rejected you were only divinely re-directed
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by robotix: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

1. He passed the tough Test which is a major key.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.
You are wise. That is how they treated one of my friend. It was Total oil company test. Dude answered every damn question but failed one which was when did you start primary school. He couldn't give answer.

That was how they rejected him. Well he went on to finish his Bsc with First Class and left Nigeria for Canada. He is there now.

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2017
robotix:
You are wise. That is how they treated one of my friend. It was Total oil company test. Dude answered every damn question but failed one which was when did you start primary school. He couldn't give answer.

That was how they rejected him. Well he went on to finish his Bsc with First Class and left Nigeria for Canada. He is there now.

God bless him! Imagine that, of what usefulness is when I started primary sch? Me myself I'm just thinking of it now

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Goldenboy007(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2017
Hey OP, don't beat up yourself too hard. We are all creatures of fallibility. The job was not yours, if it was then forgetting your CV wouldn't have been the hindrance. There would be many more opportunities that will come your way and they may be bigger and better.
And what kind of job would they call for an interview based on driving experience and OND? I think they didn't call you back because you were over qualified not because you forgot your resume.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by appliedscience(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2017
This happend to me as well. I applied for a job in the year 2013, a fresh graduate. But used my stay with a family friend yohgut startup as my work experience. Was called 3years later. I didn't go with my cv. I was sent out to go for it. But before I step out. One of the panel went to search through the files n saw my cv. Am still with the firm till date.
Ibut like the op said we need to watch this.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Rolly83:

The whole epistle smells of Guinness Nig.PLC
issorite wehdone sir
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Chydo63(m): 11:35am On Nov 24, 2017
Ajengogo:
You were just saved the agony of becoming a chronic drunkard... Cheer up man!
hahahahaha, no be lie grin
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Welcomme: 11:49am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802, if I get u right, as at the time you applied, it was a driving position you applied for right? Now my questions is, what concerns a driver with solving maths and other gmats questions? Shebi driving is something that has to do with practical? Wetin join driving position with presentation again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. / Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.